DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The drum
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:30

I'm in the Norrie, but it looks like G4S has taken the drum off the young laddies? Is that right?

Another own goal having these officious wee clowns (not wearing masks?) kill the atmosphere for no reason.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:41

If the above is true, then that does seem to be poor yet unsurprising from the stewards.
We definitely seem to have the worst/most petty stewards about.
Why can't the club take a leaf out of Motherwell/St Mirrens book and actually let the fans who wish to sing, make noise etc, have a dedicated self policed area? Instead of alienating them.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:43

As daft as this sounds, is singing and drumming allowed under the COVID rules?

If the drum wasn't allowed then why even let the guys in with it? Seems a nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:46

Quote:

jake89, Sat 24 Jul 15:43

As daft as this sounds, is singing and drumming allowed under the COVID rules?

If the drum wasn't allowed then why even let the guys in with it? Seems a nonsense.


There was an entire brass band in Wembley at the Euros final. 🤷‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:56

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sat 24 Jul 15:46

Quote:

jake89, Sat 24 Jul 15:43

As daft as this sounds, is singing and drumming allowed under the COVID rules?

If the drum wasn't allowed then why even let the guys in with it? Seems a nonsense.


There was an entire brass band in Wembley at the Euros final. 🤷‍♂️


Wembley rules are for the the Westminster Government .East End rules are for the Scottish Government

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:05

Definitely one for the SLO I would have thought

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:16

Quote:

nazpar, Sat 24 Jul 15:56

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sat 24 Jul 15:46

Quote:

jake89, Sat 24 Jul 15:43

As daft as this sounds, is singing and drumming allowed under the COVID rules?

If the drum wasn't allowed then why even let the guys in with it? Seems a nonsense.


There was an entire brass band in Wembley at the Euros final. 🤷‍♂️


Wembley rules are for the the Westminster Government .East End rules are for the Scottish Government


Thanks for pointing that out. 🙄 Not sure it addresses the original point at all.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:21

Wembley rules? Were there any rules?!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:23

As much as I’m no into drums and all that stuff I don’t care weather they’re there or not.the stewards at EEP have been atrocious for years. Is there anywhere we can arrange a square go with them so that our 12 years olds can batter them? Utter dweebs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:45

Somebody’s mum is going to be mightily upset. Think she will square go the stewards.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:40

Quote:

parsmad68, Sat 24 Jul 16:45

Somebody’s mum is going to be mightily upset. Think she will square go the stewards.


That's comedy gold right there.

Easy to be dismissive of the young lads, but they do more to create an atmosphere than most of the moaning old hoors on here.

Jason spends a huge amount of time fund raising and organising fan displays, drums, decoration of the NW etc to try to encourage young fans to attend. Meanwhile we hire G4S who have spent the last couple of decades trying to kill it.

If it's written covid legislation that a drum can't be hit at a game of football in Scotland, fair enough. If it's G4S interpreting rules as they see fit, our fan liaison officer should be getting involved.

Out new owners are from St Pauli, wonder what they'd make of fans getting drums taken off them...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:05

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sat 24 Jul 17:40

Quote:

parsmad68, Sat 24 Jul 16:45

Somebody’s mum is going to be mightily upset. Think she will square go the stewards.


That's comedy gold right there.

Easy to be dismissive of the young lads, but they do more to create an atmosphere than most of the moaning old hoors on here.

Jason spends a huge amount of time fund raising and organising fan displays, drums, decoration of the NW etc to try to encourage young fans to attend. Meanwhile we hire G4S who have spent the last couple of decades trying to kill it.

If it's written covid legislation that a drum can't be hit at a game of football in Scotland, fair enough. If it's G4S interpreting rules as they see fit, our fan liaison officer should be getting involved.

Out new owners are from St Pauli, wonder what they'd make of fans getting drums taken off them...


The stewards had an array of company hi vis vests on today so don't know who was really in charge of it all today, but yet again heard steward saying sit where u want but not rite next to people u don't know, and some folk just sitting in their season ticket seats despite others having purchased the seat for the game.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:07

The laddies got their drum back and were banging down Halbeath Road



2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:11

Quite a lot of face mask exemptions at EEP today.

Thought the Stewards would be more focussed on that front.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Jul 18:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:15

Absolute shambles of a situation with the drum

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:28

Quote:

Berry, Sat 24 Jul 18:11

Quite a lot of face mask exemptions at EEP today.

Thought the Stewards would be more focussed on that front.


Agree they did hee haw. Guys close to us walked up the stairs with masks on then took them off when sat watching the game.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: JoshPars4life  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 19:17

For me at pars games stewards are always overzealous for the wrong things, then turn a blind eye when something actually goes wrong. Like the bigot brothers coming to town and going in the wrong end to give our fans grief nowhere to be seen.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 19:22

Not much mask wearing or social distancing in the NW, but never mind the drum was taken off the kid the stewards will be proud of themselves.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 19:26

If you can go to a pub, etc indoors and sit down without a mask, I certainty dont see the need at an outdoor venue to do so.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 20:13

They were walking through the public park singing songs about Lee Rigby on the way to the game. Pretty disgraceful!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 21:37

On seeing the subject title and the originators name, I clicked on this thread expecting to read something about Keith Moon- imagine my disappointment
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 22:01

Fair comment.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 22:26

Quote:

PARS207, Sat 24 Jul 18:28

Quote:

Berry, Sat 24 Jul 18:11

Quite a lot of face mask exemptions at EEP today.

Thought the Stewards would be more focussed on that front.


Agree they did hee haw. Guys close to us walked up the stairs with masks on then took them off when sat watching the game.


Oh the horror....faces....breathing!!!

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 22:30

I’m not against it at all, just thought the double jabbed would be wanting to wear the masks.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 22:39

Quote:

BrewAlmighty, Sat 24 Jul 20:13

They were walking through the public park singing songs about Lee Rigby on the way to the game. Pretty disgraceful!


Pars fans were?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:07

Quote:

Grant, Sat 24 Jul 22:39

Quote:

BrewAlmighty, Sat 24 Jul 20:13

They were walking through the public park singing songs about Lee Rigby on the way to the game. Pretty disgraceful!


Pars fans were?


Indeed. The young lads with the drum while walking to the game. Don't know in what world its acceptable to sing about that but while walking past a play park to a pre season game against Stenhousemuir just seemed bizarre.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:08

Quote:

BrewAlmighty, Sat 24 Jul 20:13

They were walking through the public park singing songs about Lee Rigby on the way to the game. Pretty disgraceful!


Who were?
Not for 1 second do I believe ANY pars fan would be so vile, I hope you've posted this on wrong thread. If not it's very very bad taste for a wind up

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:14

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 24 Jul 23:08

Quote:

BrewAlmighty, Sat 24 Jul 20:13

They were walking through the public park singing songs about Lee Rigby on the way to the game. Pretty disgraceful!


Who were?
Not for 1 second do I believe ANY pars fan would be so vile, I hope you've posted this on wrong thread. If not it's very very bad taste for a wind up


Can't make it any clearer. The young lads with the drum while walking to the game through the public park in between singing about Dunfermline (treated) various families mulling around to a song about Lee Rigby to the tune of the Leigh Griffiths song. I can quote it but rather wouldn't to be honest
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:23

Brew, try again, I don't think anyone on here knows what the tune to the "Leigh Griffiths" song is!!!!

Away and spread your $h!te elsewhere

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Jul 23:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:29

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 24 Jul 23:23

Brew, try again, I don't think anyone on here knows what the tune to the "Leigh Griffiths" song is!!!!

Away and spread your $h!te elsewhere


Why would I lie about something like that??

The song about Griffiths not playing football anymore that was widely sung while he was out the game a few years back.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:31

G4Stazie being utter cretins again can’t say I’m surprised bet the wee squishy faced supervisor was leading the charge nae doubt

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:45

OK then, if you said you heard then it must be true.
On a totally different note, I seen a mermaid on a moped racing a snail on a kawasaki Ninja yesterday. I couldn't tell you who won as I was distracted by the Black Watch pipes and drums belting out "Footballs coming home"

Enjoy your next few weeks before school starts back🤫

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:48

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 24 Jul 23:45

OK then, if you said you heard then it must be true.
On a totally different note, I seen a mermaid on a moped racing a snail on a kawasaki Ninja yesterday. I couldn't tell you who won as I was distracted by the Black Watch pipes and drums belting out "Footballs coming home"

Enjoy your next few weeks before school starts back🤫


I seen that.... The mermaid won, only just mind
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:53

Ba$t@rd I'd backed the snail TSHP😢

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:02

Tbh it's years since the Lee Rigby incident. I doubt any of the kids with the drum would have remembered it far less sung songs about it
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:05

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 24 Jul 23:45

OK then, if you said you heard then it must be true.
On a totally different note, I seen a mermaid on a moped racing a snail on a kawasaki Ninja yesterday. I couldn't tell you who won as I was distracted by the Black Watch pipes and drums belting out "Footballs coming home"

Enjoy your next few weeks before school starts back🤫


This is why I can't be bothered with this forum normally. I came on to say what I witnessed and I'm met with this nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:08

My point exactly r-s-p. The guy is on at the wind up and I for one don't want to read shiitte like that on dot net

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:14

Quote:

BrewAlmighty, Sun 25 Jul 00:05

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 24 Jul 23:45

OK then, if you said you heard then it must be true.
On a totally different note, I seen a mermaid on a moped racing a snail on a kawasaki Ninja yesterday. I couldn't tell you who won as I was distracted by the Black Watch pipes and drums belting out "Footballs coming home"

Enjoy your next few weeks before school starts back🤫


This is why I can't be bothered with this forum normally. I came on to say what I witnessed and I'm met with this nonsense.


OK then, you can't be bothered with this site NORMALLY, but you only have 6 posts. And 3 of them were after I first said "Your talking shhiiite and we don't want to hear it here"

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:18

I've ran out of beer, so I'm off tae bed..mind eat mints befire you go home incase your ma smells the Bucky and fags when you get home

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 00:21

“This is why I can't be bothered with this forum” says the poster with 6 posts to his name

Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability, and I want you to know that we are with you.

😂

Post Edited (Sun 25 Jul 00:22)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 05:54

I don’t know what kind of world MDM….lives in if he think all Pars fans can do no wrong.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 06:36

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sun 25 Jul 00:18

I've ran out of beer, so I'm off tae bed..mind eat mints befire you go home incase your ma smells the Bucky and fags when you get home


Think I had my last bottle of Bucky in 2008 and been off the fags since 2012 when my first was born 👍
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 08:48

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 24 Jul 23:08

Quote:

BrewAlmighty, Sat 24 Jul 20:13

They were walking through the public park singing songs about Lee Rigby on the way to the game. Pretty disgraceful!


Who were?
Not for 1 second do I believe ANY pars fan would be so vile, I hope you've posted this on wrong thread. If not it's very very bad taste for a wind up



While it's a nice thought to think that Pars fans are incapable of being nasty I don't see how you can just outright say that the claim is nonsense .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 09:35

The young boy with the drum was the one who approached the stewards and asked politely if it was okay if he brought the drum in. The final answer was obviously a no and he handed it over. Given that behaviour and the fact that most of the songs in the stadium were about getting the drum back I find it hard to believe they were coming out with what has been suggested earlier. It is hard to just switch that behaviour off.

To get back on topic the strange thing about the stewards actions is that they sat with the drum in the stadium at their feet so that the lads could see it. That suggests that having a drum in a stadium is safe but striking the drum releases Covid throughout the immediate area.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 09:50

dd, I know we have an supporters who act like @r$€holes, as do every club. My point is why would a bunch of kids sing a song about a soldier who was murdered when they were of an age of just starting primary school.

Well done on stopping the cigs Brew, ironically you stopped smoking around the same time Lee was stabbed to death.

dd, you are mistaken MDM is my Brother🤪

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 10:37

This is a very sad thread to me. We have been the keeper of the Drum in the Supporters Hub since it was aquired and the boys would come for it for every home game, in fact they came just on Thursday to collect it. Hardly a mention of any unrest whatsoever , so if the post is true about any singing re Lee Rigby is true I will say to the singing section...GET AN ALMIGHTY GRIP.
DAFC IS A FOOTBALL CLUB AND IS NOT A PLACE FOR ANY OF OUR FANS TO BE SINGING ABOUT THINGS LIKE THE LR THING, NOT EVEN ON THE WAY TO THE GAME. ...also, a suggestion to the lads we know personally. why not get a group to gather together all the Pars song present and past, make a wee song book and get it run of on a computer and hand it out to the people going into the game. +Why not you guys come up with some new football tunes, you can look back and say I did that , for the Pars.
If you need the paper for the prospective song books, THE DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS DONATION SHOP CAN SUPPLY THAT FOR YOU. AFTER ALL WE ARE A PARS FAMILY. x



Post Edited (Sun 25 Jul 10:41)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:51

I don't think it's fair to demonise the lads on the say so of one new poster on here. Did anyone hear them sing the song at the game?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 12:17

“ Agree they did hee haw. Guys close to us walked up the stairs with masks on then took them off when sat watching the game.”

I did this. But I’m asthmatic and can’t wear a mask for a long period of time at all and can struggle going round shops/up and down stairs with masks on. So I made the decision to wear my mask when moving around/in busier areas, but take it off when I was at my seat. There are a lot of health conditions that make it difficult to wear masks for long periods, but some of us try and think of others by wearing masks when we’re most likely to be close to/in contact with people and are still getting criticised.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 12:58

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 25 Jul 11:51

I don't think it's fair to demonise the lads on the say so of one new poster on here. Did anyone hear them sing the song at the game?


I've been reading this forum on and off for about 18 years now (mostly on match days) and although I've never really contributed I'm not a new poster. Pop my username into the search if you care that much and you'll see I posted in Feb '19 about my uncle who is also a poster on here.

At the end of the day people can believe what they want but I'm a 35 year old man with a very responsible job and wouldn't make crap this up just for a wind up its not in my nature.

These lads were singing that song, although short and probably only the once while they were walking past me and the kids it still happened. Whether they were getting carried away or having a daft moment it still happened and was out of order.

The fact I've had to repeat myself and justify myself shows the calibre of some people that must post on here (I don't read it enough to see them) with the distrust that people are having with something I witnessed.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:08

I'll give you the benefit of doubt Brew, mainly because the young guys with the drum have not came on to defend themselves.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:08

To be fair it isn’t exactly something someone would make up, be interesting to hear from the lads themselves, some of which are on here.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:15

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sun 25 Jul 09:50 . My point is why would a bunch of kids sing a song about a soldier who was murdered when they were of an age of just starting primary school.

🤪


There's a club in Scotland MD who sing the song quite allot, it's not unheard of for "fans" of either bottom cheek to go along to Pars games.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 14:28

Agreed Grant, but friends or not we don't want songs like this affiliated with our club. If Brew had been a fan of either of the bigot brothers, he could have easily uploaded a video of Dunfermline fans singing this vile song. I am disappointed none of the young team have been on to defend or condemn the actions of their mates

Brew I hope you accept my apologies for not believing your statement last night.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 14:30

What has Lee Rigby got to do with the Pars? Not suggesting this didn't happen. Just seems an odd song for a bunch of kids to pick up. Is it a well known chant?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 14:51

Nothing at all to do with the Pars. That's why I was shocked to hear Brew say he heard the young lads singing it. It's not a well known chant , it's about Lee Rigby not drumming anymore.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 15:05

Quote:

jake89, Sun 25 Jul 14:30

What has Lee Rigby got to do with the Pars? Not suggesting this didn't happen. Just seems an odd song for a bunch of kids to pick up. Is it a well known chant?


Celtic fans do it to antagonise Rangers fans, or any other clubs from England.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 15:29

Quote:

Grant, Sun 25 Jul 15:05

Quote:

jake89, Sun 25 Jul 14:30

What has Lee Rigby got to do with the Pars? Not suggesting this didn't happen. Just seems an odd song for a bunch of kids to pick up. Is it a well known chant?


Celtic fans do it to antagonise Rangers fans, or any other clubs from England.


Or the fact that they are simply just a***holes . Two wrongs don't make a right.

http://www.agiftfor.net

Post Edited (Sun 25 Jul 15:33)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 15:43

It isn't in the job description of the Stewards to enforce the wearing of face masks it comes down to the individual
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: BrewAlmighty  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 18:16

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sun 25 Jul 14:28

Agreed Grant, but friends or not we don't want songs like this affiliated with our club. If Brew had been a fan of either of the bigot brothers, he could have easily uploaded a video of Dunfermline fans singing this vile song. I am disappointed none of the young team have been on to defend or condemn the actions of their mates

Brew I hope you accept my apologies for not believing your statement last night.


I accept your apology.

May need to work on my eloquence since I came across as a young bam though!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 18:51

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sun 25 Jul 15:43

It isn't in the job description of the Stewards to enforce the wearing of face masks it comes down to the individual


I'd imagine you're right. Imagine the abuse they would get if they tried to?
It looked to me that the group in the north west yesterday had given the 2 fingered salute to any notion of social distancing.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 19:01

Cheers Brew

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: Scottdoherty  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 20:13

Their was a few boys singing that song at the park, those of us with half a brain told them to stop it. The boys who were acc singing it are a bit younger than the rest.



Post Edited (Sun 25 Jul 20:15)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The drum
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 18:48

Well done Scott, we don't want to be associated with pash like that

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net