DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Our forward line
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:16

I am racking my brain to recall the last time we had such a potent forward line as we do now and I am going back 50 years to season 1972/73 when we had four forwards who really were scoring goals for fun.

Our captain was a young kid called Dave McNicoll, who in many respects was as good as Roy Barry, but never got the credit he deserved. I always thought Norrie McCathie modelled himself on Dave McN.

The forwards that season were Ken Mackie, Graham Shaw, Joe Hughes and Denis Nelson. Between them, they scored more than 70 goals.

Despite the fact we ended up scoring 95 goals, we didn`t win League Two, we came second to Clyde.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Our forward line
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:23

We're only 4 games into the League Cup so it's hard to make a judgement on where this side will end up off the back of 13 from 4 but if we look at like for like comparisons the 19/20 season also had 13 from 4 games, the 18/19 had from 14 from 4 and the 17/18 had 15 from 4.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:32

Love a bit of hyperbole - I wish it were true but I salute your positivity nonetheless

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:45

Loving the optimism but we have played absolutely no one as yet .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:52

I should also add I did enjoy the positivity too!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 21:40

Andy Smith, Gerry Britton, Stewart Petrie, Greg Shaw, if I remember correctly George Shaw and Allan Moore were on the wings,

Andy Smith and Gerry Britton used to always score against us and stopped us winning the league so we signed then and went up, basically bought the title, lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 21:58

……….OzPar

How can you mention that epic team of 72/73 without mentioning the “Dark destroyer” - Jim Scott, evil personified! Wave goodbye to your kneecaps in a 50/50 challenge…..& he had a great Jasper the Rasper/Spaghetti Western ‘tache to go with it!

Post Edited (Sat 24 Jul 22:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 22:19

"Hello? Oh hello, is that the police? Aye, my name is Craig Brewster and my pal Stevie and I would like to report a crime"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 01:28

Also think a certain Jack, O’Boyle and Kozma may have something to say about this. All were Premier league players and Jack was top goal scorer that year but if today’s lads score 30 goals each this season I think they may in my top 5 forward lines???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 03:02

Pmsl Rusty😂😂😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net