DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Squad 21/22
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 09:19

Sorry for starting a new thread.

So we have 23 signed players with - of them out on loan as it stands. Rhys Breen looks like we will move to 24. Add to that the talks of offering Dorrans a contract the question I ask is. Do you think we need any more and if so where.

Current squad below

Mehmet, Fon Williams, Currid (On Loan at Bo’ness Athletic)

Comrie, MacDonald, Edwards, Fenton
Watson, Graham, Gaspuitis, Breen, Martin

Thomas, Dow, Kennedy, Todd
Wilson, Cole, Dorrans, Allan, Pybus

Todorov, O’Hara, Wighton, McCann

Post Edited (Tue 27 Jul 12:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Squad 21/22
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 09:33

Get Dow & Wilson back fit and if we secure Breen and Dorrans, that is a Championship winning team for me.

Exciting times.

Post Edited (Mon 26 Jul 09:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 09:48

If we get dorrans and breen in, maybe another winger and that would be enough. I’d also send Todd and McCann out on loan to try get them regular games but I’ve been impressed with Paul Allan in the team he looks ready for the first team

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 09:58

I would keep McCann because we are going to need a 4th Striker and I also believe that he can flourish under Peter Grant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 10:14

Keep a striker that’s never scored a goal for us yet? He needs a loan move to get goals and game time

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 10:51

Lewis Mayo lined up for Partick Thistle, with Jake Hastie maybe going there as well .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 10:54

McCann needs an operation and will be out for some time so he won`t be going anywhere.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 10:56

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 26 Jul 10:54

McCann needs an operation and will be out for some time so he won`t be going anywhere.

yeh might be 6 weeks for his recovery,

Once he gets.a goal think u will see a different player, he rarely has played upfront for the 1st team in his appearances, and only just turned 20.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 10:57

So, we definitely need another striker.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_Mike  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 11:29

If Breen and Dorrans do join, then I believe the club are only short one wide player. If Peter Grant can convince Jake Hastie he would be better served at the Pars than Partick, then he would do.

At some point Lewis McCann, Matthew Todd and Miller Fenton have to go out on loan because there is no clear pathway to the first-team for them this season.

That would leave 20 outfield players for 16 matchday places, that looks like the kind of balance that Grant is after.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 11:43

Adam Hammill is a free agent….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 13:02

i dont see why Rangers would loan us Hastie with Kennedy already here to play in similar positions, i doubt we need another striker even if McCann left on loan with 3 strikers and 3 wide players plus Pybus, maybe Cole as other attacking midfielders is enough in the current setup imo especially if Dorrans/another midfielder signs.

talk of balance, only one left sided player in Edwards as a left wing back is a problem unless they think Breen could do it? Thomas? Macdonald and Martin if/when fit could fill in but being mainly right footed isnt ideal so maybe someone there, a wide player who could do both would handy. being really picky, id want another young keeper too simply to cover any match day problems with OFW or Mehmet.

its not a case of will Fenton and Todd go out on loan its who to, which club is the best option. i would let McCann go and play, East Fife after losing 2 strikers seems an obvious choice but i can see Grant keeping him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: El Diablo  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 15:16

Cover for Josh Edwards is vital. Right footed players shouldn’t be playing at left back. Martin’s future is still up in the air as far as we know, so if we can get a lwb in it would be ideal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 15:20

Quote:

El Diablo, Mon 26 Jul 15:16

Cover for Josh Edwards is vital. Right footed players shouldn’t be playing at left back. Martin’s future is still up in the air as far as we know, so if we can get a lwb in it would be ideal.

what makes u say that about Martin ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 15:31

For me if we secure Breen and manage to get Dorrans then I personally think we are just a left back away from a complete squad.

LB or LWB is the only real place we don’t have cover, no disrespect to Fenton just lacks experience, Martin would do but his injury just doesn’t seem to be settling.

Think Fenton and maybe Todd will go out on loan.

The only signing we have made so far that I question is Pybus. No sure where he fits in or his best position. From what you read he’s a good athlete so I’m sure there will be a time I just can’t see it though

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 15:53

Pretty sure Kyle MacDonald filled in at left back for Airdrie at times. I reckon he`s plan B in that position, with Comrie moving back to the right back slot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 16:50

Yeah, Paolo Maldini shouldn`t have been playing left back. Nor should Phillip Lahm.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 26 Jul 17:17

Trippier also did pretty well at the Euros.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 12:26

Updates the squad with Breen and Dorrans.

Squad is looking very tidy.

Still over a month till the window closes will we see anymore? Think we will see maybe 1/2 going out on loan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 12:46

If you compare the players who have come in with the equivalent players who have left I think most would agree there has been an overall improvement in quality :-

IN/ OUT

Mehmet/ Gill
Currid/ Swanson (?)
Graham (loan)/ E Murray
Breen/ Mayo (loan)
Pybus/ McInroy (loan)
Cole/ Turner
Dorrans/ Whittaker
Todorov/ McManus
Kennedy (loan)/ F Murray (loan)

It can also be argued that the likes of Macdonald, Edwards and O`Hara are still improving and that PG has found a new role to enhance the influence of Dom Thomas. We also had Banks and Henderson on loan in the latter part of the season but I am pleased to see less reliance on loanees. If you want to develop the club it should ideally be done by offering long-term contracts to players who are committed to the club.

Post Edited (Tue 27 Jul 12:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 13:32

I think that squad is as good as any in this league and we should be challenging at the top with Kilmarnock,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 14:53

This is from a journalist on Twitter - Michael Wood

#DAFC fans may be spoiled this week as Peter Grant looks to make it a hat-trick of signings with a winger.

It is by no means a cert, but #COYP will, at the very least, add another wide man by the end of the window

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 14:55

obi wan, sure the lad posts on here, and not sure at what level journalist actually caters for him lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 14:59

Alan Temple also seemed to acknowledge that particular post on twitter he seems to be on the ball with the pars.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 15:01

Alan Temple was the 1st to break that info !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 16:25

I’m starting to believe everything I read on Twitter lol.

If it is true I wonder who the winger would be, McDaid and Hastie mentioned although Hastie has 2 years left so doubt that plus we have Kennedy already

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 22:16

Wasn’t far off my prediction, just after Todorov signed I predicted the below. So just need another midfielder and i was potentially in the money.

Mehmet / Currid
Graham / Breen
Pybus / Cole / Kennedy /Dorrans

Report Abuse Reply To This Message
Re: player update
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme
Date: Fri 18 Jun 08:18

For me we have 17 players signed. We need at least another 8/9 players in my opinion

Current squad

1 - Keeper
7 - Defenders
5 - Midfielders
4 - Strikers

Where I think we need to address

1/2 - Keeper to challenge OFW and maybe a youth as 3rd choice.
1/2 - Centre half as we only have 2 and Martin who hasn’t played in a year.
5 - Midfield is where we are weakest, not really have Wilson in the middle.
1 - Striker still feel we could add another and let McCann go on loan, I know PG keeps referring to him so I’d be pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong.

Now you may all laugh at my optimism

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_Mike  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 10:06

Aye, that is me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 10:20

Will be interesting to see how we shape up this season. The front three look pretty potent but will he go with all three in many games? If so it doesn`t leave much in reserve if we need to change things up or if one of them gets injured or suspended. Does he play with a back three or a four? If it`s a three who will the wing backs be. Edwards and Comrie makes more sense to me but he`s went with MacDonald there and Comrie at centre half but that might have been a stop gap solution that`s been fixed by Breen coming in. Where does he fit in Thomas, Dow and Kennedy - all players who have played wide but we`ve not been playing with wingers so far. Who will start in goals? I`d assume Mehmet but who knows.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net