DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Article...
Topic Originator: GrahamL  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 01:10

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/why-dunfermline-athletic-are-catching-the-eye-on-and-off-the-pitch-under-former-celtic-coach-and-new-owners-3324392

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Article...
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 06:52

A bit premature that article i think, positive signs but reality is we papped the teams we would’ve expected to beat by a large margin in a depleted Dumbarton side and Stenhousemuir at home.

The game at St Mirren I don’t think we played that well at all although some credit for ball retention in the first half. Game against Partick and scoring four goals there was impressive but we were getting pummelled the first 20mins and could’ve been four down ourselves.

This seems to always happen after our usual positive start in the cups. Naturally there’s optimism and excitement that we’re going to do well this season and its never really followed through into the league.

Need to see how we start the league first.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Article...
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 09:40

Quote:

Berry, Tue 27 Jul 06:52

A bit premature that article i think, positive signs but reality is we papped the teams we would’ve expected to beat by a large margin in a depleted Dumbarton side and Stenhousemuir at home.

The game at St Mirren I don’t think we played that well at all although some credit for ball retention in the first half. Game against Partick and scoring four goals there was impressive but we were getting pummelled the first 20mins and could’ve been four down ourselves.

This seems to always happen after our usual positive start in the cups. Naturally there’s optimism and excitement that we’re going to do well this season and its never really followed through into the league.

Need to see how we start the league first.

I would agree with that. It is not uncommon for us to have a good start in the League Cup followed by a decent start to the League then our form falls off into the winter.
Cautious optimism.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net