DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 bogey team morton
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 11:00

surely this time we can win at cappielow about time we lifted this bogey we lost goals in 91st to 94mins against them think last time we beat them down at tail of bank was when uk got more than 10pts ineurovision lol come on grants grenadiers get good start on saturday lol

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: bogey team morton
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 11:14

Last year`s Cup game at Cappielow was something of a low point. I`m going to be in the Greenock area on Saturday. Is it still no away fans?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 11:17

think so Ronaldo, they are awaiting word from the council about the numbers, but cant see away fans being allowed in.

they had been allowed up to 1500 at the weekend there, and that would include using the away end behind the goal if they needed it so chances of away fans being allowed is about as much chance of us signing Messi and Ronaldo before the game......

they also running the staggered entry times as well with fans being given allocated times from 1.15pm lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 11:21

If they've got tickets remaining, I guess there is no thing to stop you getting one. Presumably there won't be some sort of Morton history test before you can attain a ticket on general sale to the public.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 23:35

Granted 1500 capacity. No away fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 09:11

I don’t really believe in bogey teams, certainly in this division where the turnaround in players each season tends to be high.

We have a team capable of decent football, keep possession, move the ball quick, stay solid at the back get the crosses in and we’ll do well.

Just need to keep Muirhead quiet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 09:41

These are the games we have struggled in the past , think we have enough in the tank to see this out . COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 09:50

I don`t think our record at Cappielow is as bad as some make out. We`ve certainly failed to close some games out from good positions but we clinched the Championship down there not so long ago and I remember big Nat scoring the only goal of the game from a corner when AJ was manager. We`ve had a few draws too. If anything, our results against Morton at EEP have been more disappointing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 20:44

Having watched every game on PPV so far I would confidently predict that Morton should hold no fears for our squad on Saturday. PG has them well prepared and well set-up. Our performances thus far will have instilled confidence in the players and we can only build from here. On the other hand my understanding is that Morton have had a major clear-out and rebuild and I suspect they’ll still be finding their feet. Without meaning to sound complacent I’m not in the slightest concerned and am looking forward to another good outing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Leamington_sPAR  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 21:53

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 27 Jul 11:21

If they've got tickets remaining, I guess there is no thing to stop you getting one. Presumably there won't be some sort of Morton history test before you can attain a ticket on general sale to the public.

If there is a Morton test, just answer Andy Ritchie and you’ll be fine😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 28 Jul 22:52

Got tickets today from their shop. Specific entry time printed on tickets and comprehensive information sheet about what you need to do to gain admission.
Seems quite strict compared to Dunfermline.

Post Edited (Wed 28 Jul 22:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:00

According to COWS, in our last 12 matches against Morton we`ve won 3, lost 3 and drawn 6. In the 6 matches at Cappielow we`ve drawn 5 and lost 1. It`s a pretty average record but they`re hardly a bogey team.

By the way, is there going to be a PPV option for this game?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:09

Morton are doing a stream for £14.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:15

Gary Oliver in the Morton line-up gives me the fear.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:17

Cheers, helensburghpar. Prices at Cappielow are always a rip-off.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:31

Did you nip across to the shop in person, Helensburghpar? And what time do you have to be in the ground?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:35

Yes mate. They`re in sale at a shop called Smith`s in the town. My time slot for entry is 1.45-2.15. The times vary depending on where you are. There`s also staggered times for leaving after the game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:51

Thanks for clarifying, HP. Hope you enjoy the game. Looks like a good day weatherwise. Cappielow`s hard to beat on a sunny day. (I once saw us there in the 70s and it was like watching a game underwater.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 14:12

Helensburgh Par did you have to provide a local postcode or anything? Or you just bought the ticket no problem
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 14:50

For track and trace you`ve to write down name and address and phone number. No post code required. Didn`t get asked what team I support but obviously a Dunfermline address would arouse suspicion I`d imagine.

Post Edited (Thu 29 Jul 14:53)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net