DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Interesting suggestion...
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 04:01

There`s a brief mention on P&B suggesting that a young centre-back called Leon Jones may be on his way here, but I have been unable to find any other sources to verify this.

The lad was a promising youth at Hearts before moving on a four-year scholarship in 2017 to the USA, where he played for the University of Kentucky`s football team, Kentucky Wildcats.

Having now graduated with a degree in chemical engineering, he is looking at getting back into the professional football scene.

He has a Chinese mother and grandparents and is, according to the South China Morning Post and the Edinburgh Evening News, being monitored by the Chinese FA as a prospect for their international squad.

There`s a highlights video on YouTube of his time in Kentucky. He`s a very sturdy looking lad, at 5ft 11 not overly tall, but he seems to be a good tackler and a strong direct passer of the ball, judging by the video.

It appears that he should be able to fit in as a centre-back or left back. In other words, he could cover Ross Graham.

Recently signed Rhys Breen and club coach Greg Shields, both also defenders, have spent time on the US scene, so the Pars would probably be a good fit for Leon Jones right now.

Here`s the highlights video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oitwAA_sg

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Interesting suggestion...
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 08:02

Do we really need another untried defender to sit on the bench it’s a wide man that’s needed.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 09:18

follows the club on instagram, always a sign lol although PG said last week they were not targetting any other players at the moment.

"It appears that he should be able to fit in as a centre-back or left back. In other words, he could cover Ross Graham"

that is Breen, if there is anything in this i would expect him to be competition on the right for Comrie.

"it’s a wide man that’s needed"

it would be a left wing back we need rather than an out and out wide man, have 3 options already here should we go with wide players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 10:50

I would suggest that you look at the video. He plays left of centre.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 11:07

So we should sign another left sided CB when we have have 2 already, maybe even Martin as well?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 11:09

At this stage, it is just a rumour. Nothing more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 11:09

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 2 Aug 11:07

So we should sign another left sided CB when we have have 2 already, maybe even Martin as well?

clearly.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 12:06

Weary of video ‘highlights’ of players….

The last video overview of a player who was joining us that I saw was for josh coley and the video made him look like he could play football…..

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 12:13

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 02 Aug 12:06

Weary of video ‘highlights’ of players….

The last video overview of a player who was joining us that I saw was for josh coley and the video made him look like he could play football…..

Martin will be away. Can’t get close to fit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 12:39

Would fit the ethos of young players to cultivate and sell on for profit (especially if he becomes an international)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 13:18

Topic Originator: OzPar like | nolike
Date: Mon 2 Aug 04:01

There`s a brief mention on P&B suggesting that a young centre-back called Leon Jones may be on his way here, but I have been unable to find any other sources to verify this.

The lad was a promising youth at Hearts before moving on a four-year scholarship in 2017 to the USA, where he played for the University of Kentucky`s football team, Kentucky Wildcats.

Having now graduated with a degree in chemical engineering, he is looking at getting back into the professional football scene.

He has a Chinese mother and grandparents and is, according to the South China Morning Post and the Edinburgh Evening News, being monitored by the Chinese FA as a prospect for their international squad.

There`s a highlights video on YouTube of his time in Kentucky. He`s a very sturdy looking lad, at 5ft 11 not overly tall, but he seems to be a good tackler and a strong direct passer of the ball, judging by the video.

It appears that he should be able to fit in as a centre-back or left back. In other words, he could cover Ross Graham.

Recently signed Rhys Breen and club coach Greg Shields, both also defenders, have spent time on the US scene, so the Pars would probably be a good fit for Leon Jones right now.

Here`s the highlights video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oitwAA_sg

Hey Oz, where is it on P&B, couldn’t see it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 13:19

Quote:

ParfectXI, Mon 2 Aug 12:39

Would fit the ethos of young players to cultivate and sell on for profit (especially if he becomes an international)

A Chinese International at that, that could open up a fair bit of interest
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 13:20

no idea about p&b but i saw it on the east end bounce forum.

watched that video last night Oz, yep he is on the left but right footed, have the 2 left footed lads already signed specifically to play on the left so i dont see him being signed for that role, if he signs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 2 Aug 23:52

This kind of player is what our business model is surely. To be made out as a prospective international in China I would hazard a guess that there has to be something worth exploring. It`s perfectly feasible that pars scout US college/MLS leagues for potential especially if Breen has tipped the name.

Sounds interesting and with signs of it being potentially profitable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 17:18

Good spot Oz Par

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 17:25

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 2 Aug 13:19

Quote:

ParfectXI, Mon 2 Aug 12:39

A Chinese International at that, that could open up a fair bit of interest

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read it's Hong Kong he's eligible for?

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 17:30

Hong Kong or China AAPS, just above pic of him leaning on goalpost

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 17:32

I think this could only fit our business model if it was a longer deal. Unless in the unlikely event we get offered money for him in January he’ll be free to go anywhere at the end of the season. Unless we agree a contract extension during the year that is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 17:40

dd23 wrote:

> I think this could only fit our business model if it was a
> longer deal. Unless in the unlikely event we get offered money
> for him in January he’ll be free to go anywhere at the end of
> the season. Unless we agree a contract extension during the
> year that is.

True but at the time of posting 1. Didn`t even know if rumour was true and 2. Didn`t know length of contract as it didn`t appear we were still looking for players.

Still good to see that the club investing for promotion push and might lead to a further contract extention. For us it`s not really the initial sale fee we look at it is the sell on fee as we get next to nothing close to a players proper transfer fee anyway.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net