DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Harry Kane
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 10:38

It`s being reported he has not attended training again.

There are whispers about a "gentleman`s agreement" but any agent worth his salt would have inserted any get out clauses into his contract?

This is the England captain we are talking about and he still has another three years to go on his contract.

I`m not sure who is advising Kane but I can`t see Levy rolling over?

It`s going to get messy.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Harry Kane
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 10:50

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 3 Aug 10:38

It`s being reported he has not attended training again.

There are whispers about a "gentleman`s agreement" but any agent worth his salt would have inserted any get out clauses into his contract?

This is the England captain we are talking about and he still has another three years to go on his contract.

I`m not sure who is advising Kane but I can`t see Levy rolling over?

It`s going to get messy.

If the report is accurate, it's absolutely shocking, unprofessional behaviour and certainly unbecoming of an England captain, who should be an inspirational role model to millions of aspiring youngsters around the world,

Presumably, he wasn't coerced into signing his current contract and should therefore be prepared to respect it for as long as his club want him or until it expires. Of course, the chances are that Spurs will buckle because it could turn out to be counter productive to keep an unhappy player. I'm reminded of De Gea, who was desperate to leave Man U for Real Madrid a few years back. He's never been the same player since.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 11:07

Refusing to play didn’t work out too badly for Virgil van Dirk

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 11:11

The Scottie Pippen effect, when you're a world class athlete, as much as a long term contract protects you in case of injury and provides financial security, it also means you're obliged to stay with that team until their valuation is met or your contract finishes.

Not really sure what kane was thinking though signing a 6 year deal, seemed to be terrible advice from his agent at the time. Don't blame Tottenham for wanting a high fee for such a great player, selling him to a premier league rival and the English player tax raises his value. I think he will end up going but Levy is notorious for playing hardball on selling players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 11:34

He`s obviously not had a release clause put into his contract which is just madness. Nobody to blame for his situation but himselve. Relying on a gentleman`s agreement with Levy is like relying on snow in July.

Plonker.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 12:35

It could get really messy if Kane plays hardball back. He's outside the protected period of his contract and although he's not handed in his notification to leave within the 15 day period required, so would potentially be open to sanctions himself if he can't produce just cause for termination, the sanctions have often been comparatively light if he did walk away and buy out his contract.

I know there's a gentleman's agreement amongst clubs not to use that and it's the nuclear option but if he did the, I believe the majority of the compensation is normally based on the salary for the remaining part of the contract which is way less than Spurs would be looking for.

Could sign for Girona and then City and take whatever punishment is dished out which is likely to be relatively light based on previous CAS adjudications. Would trigger a whole load of legal wrangling if he went down that route.

Post Edited (Tue 03 Aug 12:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 13:13

"If the report is accurate, it`s absolutely shocking, unprofessional behaviour and certainly unbecoming of an England captain, who should be an inspirational role model to millions of aspiring youngsters around the world,

Presumably, he wasn`t coerced into signing his current contract and should therefore be prepared to respect it for as long as his club want him or until it expires. Of course, the chances are that Spurs will buckle because it could turn out to be counter productive to keep an unhappy player. I`m reminded of De Gea, who was desperate to leave Man U for Real Madrid a few years back. He`s never been the same player since."

Not true. He`s won player of the season at least 3 times for Man U since that happened....

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 3 Aug 14:09

The guy in talk sport nailed it yesterday, if this had been Paul Pogba it there would a melt down in the media baying for his blood.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Wed 4 Aug 12:58

Did he turn up for training today ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 4 Aug 13:48

Grealish on his way to Manchester apparently!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 4 Aug 20:41

I think Harry thought he was home and hosed to be a Man City player and hoping to win his first elusive silverware

Until Pep read oor G.G.`s post about his chocolate ankles

So they went for Grealish instead :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Wed 4 Aug 22:03

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 4 Aug 23:35

No room for Kane at Utd. He`s a great forward but with Haaland arriving next summer there just isn`t the space for him.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 07:09

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 4 Aug 23:35

No room for Kane at Utd. He`s a great forward but with Haaland arriving next summer there just isn`t the space for him.

Keep dreaming mate.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 14:35

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 5 Aug 07:09

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 4 Aug 23:35

Keep dreaming mate.

😂🤣😂 I think TOWK's at the reverse psychology again, AAPS. He'll be devastated if City sign Haaland.

And BPP, when did I ever suggest our 'Arry has chocolate ankles? 😄

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 15:26

be interesting one to see how it develops in the next 3 weeks or so, could quite easily see him staying at spurs at the moment.

then how do the spurs fans treat him? just forget it's happened ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 15:42

Quote:

EEP, Wed 4 Aug 22:03

Grealish to City who reported back to training like a pro and Harry has taken the huff…..not wanting to go back to train at Spurs…. Just fine the guy a weeks wages and punt him… disgusting behaviour from the England captain…Man Utd bound?

You don't know what's happened behind the scenes. Kane has never made any trouble in the past but clearly believes he's been told he can leave.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 19:36

Wrong thread

Post Edited (Thu 05 Aug 19:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 19:43

Wonder if Messi on a free now will impact any clubs thoughts on going for Kane ??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 19:47

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 19:55

Probably less than the £150M Spurs want for Kane + whatever massive wage he would also want I'd suspect
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 20:20

Wouldn't it be great if these 2 missed next season because nobody could afford them?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 20:35

What I can gather from Kane situation is this is not the first time Levy has went back on a gentleman`s agreement if a bigger club comes in for a player. These agreements are made with player and not added into contract. Levy done the same with Modric and Modric refused to attend pre season tourney/training eventually getting sold.
It is unlike Kane and going by what others say about him he is deemed a model professional. Which he obviously feels aggrieved with the way Levy is playing this. The fee is a record for the premiership which is more than enough to fund a replacement. Seeing as it is a record fee being offered then Kane is obviously going to refer to the gentleman`s agreement and ask what exactly is Levy expecting?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 17:31

Now comes out with statement that back to training tomorrow "as planned"....

Coincidence this happens day after Grealish signs at City, Chelsea step up pursuit on Lukaku, Messi is available on a free .....

If this was the truth then why didn't he come out on Monday when it initially broke he wasn't at training!! He is totally back tracking now knowing he is gonna be stuck at Spurs!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 18:34

If only when he signed a mahoosive wage 6y contract there was some mechanism by which he could have put the claimed ‘gentleman’s agreement’ in formal terms 🤔

Every time I hear a player come out with that guff I find it amazing anyone believes it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 18:39

In sure if Harry Kane picked up an injury and was out for 12 months he would have honoured the gentleman`s agreement he had with Levy not to be paid if he couldn`t play.

Post Edited (Fri 06 Aug 18:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 18:52

He has made a coo`s erse of it .. and he knows it .. legend in his own bathroom .. trying to get his fan base back on board ..

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 19:05

He could walk away for about £40 million so it's not quite as one sided as folk think.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 19:13

What do you mean LPF?

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 20:53

Webster's Law. There's been surprisingly little of it in the press but my understanding is the guidance states when the player is out of his protected period he can buy himself out of his contract. If he does it within 15 days of the season ending he can't face sanctions so although Kane has missed that cut off he could theoretically buy himself out of the contract and then take whatever punishment comes with it.

If I've got it right the compensation is usually based on the remaining value of the contract although to be fair I think there may have been a case where they factored in a degree of loss to the club and possibly a pro rata remaining amount of any transfer fee paid which in Kane's case would be nothing. I think his contract had 3 years at £10m a year left so I'd assume it would be £30m plus a bit. It's what i referenced above about the nuclear option for Kane. It would more than likely go to court but would likely be way less than the £150m Spurs are being quoted as being asked for.

I'd be surprised if it happened but possibly not impossible if he falls out with Levy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 22:10

And what club would touch with a barge pole any player who wiped out the value of all the assets on their balance sheet.

Safe to say after Bosman clubs in their own self interest would circle wagons and shut him out of the game leaving him with nothing but a £30m bill as a warning to anyone else considering the same thing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 22:38

It's a big gamble for Spurs too though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 22:43

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 6 Aug 20:53

Webster's Law.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling#:~:text=Article%2017,-Article%2017%20of&text=Specifically%2C%20it%20states%20that%20any,is%20shortened%20to%20two%20years.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 23:24

Cheers Stanza, I also found this which indicates there is potentially more to consider on the compensation front than remaining contract and unamortized acquisition costs:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.squirepattonboggs.com/~/media/files/insights/publications/2009/05/matuzalem--the-cas-increases-fifa-drc-award-on-f__/files/matuzalem--the-cas-increases-fifa-drc-award-on-f__/fileattachment/matuzalemv6.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwig6KKQtp3yAhWAQUEAHXMMAFQQFnoECA8QAg&usg=AOvVaw2PgeB-VEC58OmObo2ydNZG&cshid=1628288211253

I'm probably off with the £40m but would be surprised if it was up at the transfer fee Spurs want.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 23:29

Agreed, LPF. I think the uncertainty about the level of compensation the player would have to pay is bound to put off most players from exercising the option to terminate.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 00:13

Quote:

Stanza, Fri 06 Aug 22:43

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 6 Aug 20:53

Webster's Law.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling#:~:text=Article%2017,-Article%2017%20of&text=Specifically%2C%20it%20states%20that%20any,is%20shortened%20to%20two%20years.

Is that named after ex Hearts player Andy Webster?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 00:41

I think it's been a big factor for sure.

And yes it is after Andy Webster.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net