DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Parking on Saturday
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 21:57

Disabled and non-disabled fans should note the following paragraph on the DAFC official website:

"Car Parking
There will be no public car parking available in the North Stand Car Park. The only parking available will be for disabled supporters only. Entry to the car park is from the Halbeath Road entrance only. There will be no access from Leys Park Road, please do not park in the Dunfermline Cemetery, and be mindful of the residents if using street parking. Free parking is available in the council carpark on Leys Park Road.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Parking on Saturday
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 22:04

Great, so our street week be carnage as usual :(
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 22:13

The last home game there was quite a few cars parked here must have got through the net didn’t realise there was so many cars with disabled badges.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 22:22

Just for clarity - no cars got through the net.

There were 20 disabled cars at the last home game. Most of which were parked in the normal disabled spaces.

Add to that at least 20-30 cars for players and staff each player has to arrive separately. All players arrive and have to walk down the back of the Norrie stand then into the ground.

This is part of the reason why there has been no parking on match days due to the segregation of how people enter the ground.

Source - Myself as I take care of the car park on match days

Post Edited (Thu 05 Aug 22:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 22:26

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Thu 5 Aug 22:22

Just for clarity - no cars got through the net.

There were 20 disabled cars at the last home game. Most of which were parked in the normal disabled spaces.

Add to that at least 20-30 cars for players and staff each player has to arrive separately. All players arrive and have to walk down the back of the Norrie stand then into the ground.

Source - Myself as I take care of the car park on match days

was just going to say similar as thr players etc all park round there as well.

But what's the truth to stop Fred having a moan eh lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Thu 5 Aug 22:32

This is the problem, the club aren’t doing this to annoy people it’s because they have to.

There are 8 disabled parking spaces and i accommodated all 20 because I understand the needs of someone who is disabled.

Maybe I should turn 12 away next time. The car park should be back to normal by the 28th if it ain’t there’s a massive public car park no more than half a mile away.

Post Edited (Thu 05 Aug 23:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Fri 6 Aug 11:05

Aye right we all new the players etc were parked there.

F muller
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net