DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars TV vs Other PPV
Topic Originator: Forrey6437  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 16:21

Why is the quality of our product so poor in comparison to other clubs in Scotland?

Every home stream there are major issues and glaring mistakes being made consistently. Take so far today for example:

- Overexposure of the camera makes viewing almost impossible
- Audio levels all over the place (shouting, heavy breathing and talking over one another consistently)
- Replay at poor times (while the ball is still in play or chances are being created)
- North West Camera makes viewing of set pieces impossible
- Reliability issues
- Poor graphics (especially in comparison to social media and highlight package updates)
- Camera out of focus
- Continually confusing players and mixing up names

Overall the product is far below the price being charged and it is genuinely laughable that no improvements have been made over the last 12 months. Paying £12 for total mediocrity or utilising your season ticket for this service is genuinely poor from all involved.

How many times do home and opposition supporters have to complain before changes will be made? It’s very amateurish.

I understand people will not be happy to hear this and are either involved or friends with those involved. However, it makes us look a joke in comparison to others.

Post Edited (Sat 07 Aug 16:23)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars TV vs Other PPV
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 16:27

Certainly over exposed in the second half. Far too bright.
And agree about the NW camera. It’s showing clips that are just not necessary and it takes up far too big a section of the screen.
Hard to argue with other things you mention either.

Post Edited (Sat 07 Aug 16:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 16:35

Agreed. The only positive I can say today is that the stream has been stable (for me anyways).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 16:37

Wrang thread

Post Edited (Sat 07 Aug 16:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 16:48

the exposure problem is being addressed, apart from it being very bright. but will see.

we have new camera and trying things with it, we will adjust the playback as necessary, but today is first game and we need to train up on overall use.

ParsTV is effectively done with volunteers (our two main engineers could not make it today) and we have different people in today. we would welcome you to come along and help us improve it.

I would disagree it`s amatuerish but you are entitled to your opinion.

It could be £15 like some other clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Forrey6437  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:08

I appreciate that Brian and it is opinion based at the end of the day. I come from a media background and work in marketing so would be more than happy to offer my services on match day to help improve the overall quality. I appreciate it is all done on a voluntary basis. If you want my services then I am happy to help in any way to make the overall product better. Message me and we can further discuss further!

J.Forrester
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:18

Thanks, we are low on numbers and any help appreciated.
It takes time to get back up to speed if you lose experienced peopl.

I have put out requests for help, and anything people can do would be great.

Will contact you
Thanks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pete85  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:56

Overall I have been happy with the product but there were a couple of issues today. Was there something wrong with the main camera mounting today as the picture seemed to be at an angle? Like others have said it might be best to wait before showing replays as some were interfering with the main play today (although in some cases this was for the better!). Overall though keep up the good work Brian and the team much appreciate the effort the volunteers put in.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:20

Thanks for feedback
Problem with camera may be because I setup this morning 🙈

I`m sure you realise the difficulty in this job, first time doing it I thought was very good. Will tweak things as we go along.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:50

Mentions on PnB that Ayr were charging £18 for their live stream today. If that is true I certainly wont be paying that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:58

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 21:24

EEP
typical !

What don`t you get "first time doing it "

I`m more than happy to pass control onto you as you clearly have an understanding

I`m sorry but it`s post like that that make me want to give up

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SevenTay  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 21:29

Who was the guest co commentator for the game today? Really enjoyed listening to the discussion and commentary from both commentators.

Post Edited (Sat 07 Aug 21:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 21:51

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 07:27

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 08:21

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Sun 8 Aug 07:27

The picture on pars tv is honking when the camera moves. Its like a very poor SD. Maybe encoding issue. Compare to it to others and we are well below par. Alloas one was crisp clear, maybe ask them what they are using and steal it.

Nut, we done that with there manager and its no worked.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pete85  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 09:00

Thanks for the reply Brian. Yeah I appreciate it is very difficult when you are doing it for the first time. Many years ago (Calderwood era) I used to film the games for the club. I found it probably takes a few games when being a cameraman to get up to speed.
Keep up the good work, I am very appreciative of this service and has been one of the benefits coming out from covid. I have viewed a few of the other clubs streams and have to say the commentary (especially when there is a co-commentator) is one of the best. The half time shows with player interviews are also great.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 09:07

Co commentator yesterday was Raymie the Legend (the Italian Stallion). He was excellent alongside oor regular wee star Jordan.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SevenTay  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 09:18

Thanks Buffy. They did a great job together.

Post Edited (Sun 08 Aug 09:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 09:31

It’s great that people volunteer to run this service but I agree that that the match day picture quality most games compared to others I’ve watched is poor,You struggle to make players out at times.As previous poster the North West camera IS annoying also unnecessary graphics kept popping up yesterday too. Hopefully you get the techie help you need to improve.On a positive note Raymie was a great addition to commentary.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Sun 08 Aug 09:35)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net