DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grant Out
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 16:57

A dreadful, uninspiring appointment. Admit the mistake and get rid now, before we are relegated. He relegated Alloa, he will do the same with us.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grant Out
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:11

Bit late nutter behind me wanted him gone after 29 minutes

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:14

Sorry don’t agree with you on this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:17

Oh, dear heavens. Murchadh is back with a new post. Think his last one was “Crawford out!”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:24

Not going to judge him on the Rangers game, however that Raith game is taking on quite allot of significance for such an early season game.

Did Crawford ever really have the full backing of the fanbase after that fife Derby defeat?

One of my main worries about PG having watched his Alloa team was the total lack of plan b, and for all there plaudits for apparently playing good football, if it wasn't working there wasn't a plan B, the Alloa you played in the first minute has the same plan in the 90th minute. For me it's clear the 343/532/523 isn't working, at all. The balance in midfield is massively off, we don't look threatening against a half decent defence, we look susceptible for leaking chances...

Again, not going to look to deeply into Rangers, but I really want to see some form of change for the Fife Derby.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:31

Performances like today will certainly put him under pressure, although he seemed fairly relaxed sitting back in his seat today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:40

Peter Grant rarely seems to last much beyond a year in any coaching/managerial role. His jobs with Norwich, West Brom, Celtic, Birmingham and Aston Villa all barely lasted a year; in two cases he was dismissed whilst in another he resigned after a bad run of form. Hardly the great CV that some have suggested. Grant’s coaching role under Alex McLeish for Scotland was spiked after one month. His last notable achievement was to manage Alloa to relegation.

I always shudder when I hear an incoming manager has a ‘philosophy.’ I’m no more impressed if he speaks well to microphone since a coach doesn’t coach by microphone. The problems with the Pars defence were being flagged up even when we were winning and could not be missed even for folks like me who only saw the highlights from last week’s game at Morton. It seems that Grant has been in denial and paid the price today, refusing to acknowledge what every other Pars fan can see as clear and obvious.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:43

Test of his management already. Players are not good enough to play the way he wants to, needs to change it and get back to basics. The system isn’t working

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:52

I expected a bit more today , I wasn't expecting a great performance but was expecting to see the bones of a side, I said to my bro in law at HT "The trainers would be better leaving the cones out in the second half as they looked better than our midfield"

We started second half better but as far I could see our tactics were.... Get the ball out to McDonald on the right. That was it no plan B.

Far to early to shout for Grants head but I don't think our fans will give him much leeway

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:55

Bertie Paton lost five out of his first seven league games including the first 3.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:56

If we persist like this can,t see him lasting much beyond Christmas.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 17:57

MDCCCLXXXV wrote:

> I expected a bit more today , I wasn't expecting a great
> performance but was expecting to see the bones of a side, I
> said to my bro in law at HT "The trainers would be better
> leaving the cones out in the second half as they looked better
> than our midfield"
>
> We started second half better but as far I could see our
> tactics were.... Get the ball out to McDonald on the right.
> That was it no plan B.
>
> Far to early to shout for Grants head but I don't think
> our fans will give him much leeway
>
>

Said it at the time,the less impressed supporters are with an appointment the less patient they will be when things go wrong,needs to turn the tide quickly

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:08

No shame in losing to a team who are top of the league.

😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:12

Listen, no matter your opinion, it’s pretty obvious he’s not going anywhere after just a few games, so all you can control right now is your attitude
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:13

Quote:

cfad, Sat 7 Aug 19:12

Listen, no matter your opinion, it’s pretty obvious he’s not going anywhere after just a few games, so all you can control right now is your attitude

What do you mean by that cfad?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:17

Quote:

Grant, Sat 07 Aug 19:13

Quote:

I mean you get to choose your attitude, if not who’s Manager. So you can decide to be a doom monger, or you can decide to remain positive and supportive across the next few difficult weeks. I’ve made my choice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:22

That was fkn appalling today but you can't be serious if you think he'll be sacked after 3 league games

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:24

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 07 Aug 17:55

Bertie Paton lost five out of his first seven league games including the first 3.

But Bert Paton didn’t play side to side back to the keeper he played to score goals. It reminds me of watching Scotland play

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:38

Quote:

cfad, Sat 7 Aug 19:17

Quote:

Grant, Sat 07 Aug 19:13

Quote:

I mean you get to choose your attitude, if not who’s Manager. So you can decide to be a doom monger, or you can decide to remain positive and supportive across the next few difficult weeks. I’ve made my choice.

You can still support the club while appreciating that the manager isn't doing well though surely? I've never been able to choose the manager however I've always supported the club, that doesn't mean everything the clubs done is correct.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:17

I look forward to this thread being bumped every time we lose a goal this season. Happy days!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianparfan  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:25

Is it just me? I want my manager on the side lines. Managing, inspiring and leading.

Don`t like the sitting in the dugout approach... Especially at 0-3 down on season opener at home....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:37

I thought that was odd as well. 1st game I’ve attended since PG was appointed and I expected more passion and attitude than Stevie showed on the sidelines, but he was sitting down for most of the game

Post Edited (Sat 07 Aug 21:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 20:57

The idea of dismissing the manager after two league games is utterly ridiculous and really isn’t worthy of comment beyond that.

Having said that, I do agree with Sammer’s observation : “ The problems with the Pars defence were being flagged up even when we were winning and could not be missed”. The manager himself made mention of defensive slips in League Cup interviews and it was all the more disappointing to see that this problem had got worse instead of better today. Five goals conceded in our first two games is certainly cause for some concern and we’re entitled to assume that the manager and players are as concerned as we are. Let’s hope for remedial action soon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 21:43

Can you not be passionate from sitting down?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 23:52

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 7 Aug 21:43

Can you not be passionate from sitting down?

Yep, Cowgirl, Reverse Cowgirl
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 00:17

I doubt any player is inspired by a muppet screaming himself purple on the sidelines.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 00:20

Even if we put inspiration to one side, how can you best communicate your coaching and direction sitting down in the dug out for most of the game? Maybe it’s possible but would seem easier to me standing in the box
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 00:21

Give the guy a chance for F___S
sake, it takes time to build a good team.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 00:23

While PG might not have been my choice . I honestly couldn’t support a football team that sacks a manager after 2,games.
Ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 00:30

Anyone with half a brain knows that he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon, however we really do need a change of personnel at the back. Get comrie in the wing back role and give the other centre half’s a chance

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 10:35

It's not even worthy of discussion. Attention seeking drivel.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 10:55

I'm angry about the performance but calling for the manager to go already is beyond ridicolous
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 14:58

It’s the patter of a complete and utter virgin . Can’t get any attention from lassies or guys . I’ll post about sacking the gaffer . Black Card stuff if admin actually ran this place properly .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 18:11

Big test of board of directors ,with so much footballing knowledge surely it's about time a .netter or committee of ,were appointed as a management committee, hopefully the new consortium of German investors will see our foolish recruitment policy so far, and replace it with obvious tactical geniuses on here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 19:37

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 8 Aug 18:11

Big test of board of directors ,with so much footballing knowledge surely it's about time a .netter or committee of ,were appointed as a management committee, hopefully the new consortium of German investors will see our foolish recruitment policy so far, and replace it with obvious tactical geniuses on here.

Naebody seems tae be biting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 22:08

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 00:39

Obviously any manager has to be given time to arrange his players into a team, so I assume this topic heading is not to be taken seriously.

Here’s a bad start I remember well from my youth. It was autumn 1967, around the time the clocks change, and the Pars were playing awful football. We had spluttered in our League Cup section and League form was just as patchy under new manager George Farm. Our 7th League game was lost 2-1 to Falkirk at home, in front of less than 4,000 supporters, consigning us to 14th in the then Division 1 table. Roy Barry and Pat Delaney (a central defender or makeshift centre forward) were labouring in midfield whilst Alex Edwards and Hugh Robertson watched on from the wings, starved of possession. The team was jeered off the park and the general opinion was that Farm was a Raith Rovers manager who was out of his depth.

Next week was Rangers at Ibrox, top of the League and looking like they might depose Celtic as champions. When I bought an evening paper and saw the score was 0-0 I thought I had been sold a half time edition. But no: the shambolic team from the week previous had managed to grind out an impressive result, one which led to the sacking of Rangers manager Scot Symon. It was simply unbelievable given what I had witnessed against Falkirk and the team had hardly been changed. What on earth had happened?

Manager Farm had completely re-jigged his formation to a 4-3-3 system, probably the first to do so in Scotland. Roy Barry was moved to stopper centre half and clearly told to obliterate anything, man or ball, which came his way. Robertson and Edwards were told to tuck inside and get on the ball. The transformation was immediate and we went on a good run, finished 4th in the League and of course won the Scottish Cup. With pretty much the same laggards who had struggled that day against Falkirk!

So if Peter Grant is prepared to change his system, maybe play a centre half who can actually win the ball, then Ibrox might not be the nightmare some are dreading. It might even be a turning point.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 07:20

Sammer as always an excellent post.
I was at Ibrox that day when we drew 0 0. I remember how hostile the Rangers fans were that day to Scot Symon. The boos when he brought off Andy Penman was deafening. Andy Penman (from memory a lad from Rosyth) was Rangers best player and should never have been substituted, and Symon paid the price!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 11:16

Quote:

sammer, Mon 9 Aug 00:39
So if Peter Grant is prepared to change his system, maybe play a centre half who can actually win the ball, then Ibrox might not be the nightmare some are dreading. It might even be a turning point.

Who is your dealer? That is top quality gear he is providing you with.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 11:34

Quote:

gegganpar, Sun 8 Aug 22:08

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 7 Aug 17:11

My fiancée was at the game for the first time and when she left she was on about how clueless he is and she doesn't like football. The boys a clown was wanting Comrie hooked then moaned when he got taken off.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 11:48

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 9 Aug 11:34

Quote:

Quote:

My fiancée was at the game for the first time and when she left she was on about how clueless he is and she doesn't like football. The boys a clown was wanting Comrie hooked then moaned when he got taken off.

Section C of the Norrie by any chance ??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigbeefcake  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 13:02

This appointment has the exact same feel about it as the Davie Hay one. The `doom and gloomers` `yer no real fans` lines were fired about then aswell and they turned out to be right. I think the same will happen this year.

It`s another big beefy bonanza at the beefcake boulevard!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 13:31

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 9 Aug 11:48

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

🤣

How did you guess 🤔😂

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 14:39

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 9 Aug 13:31

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 9 Aug 11:48

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How did you guess 🤔😂

Post Edited (Mon 09 Aug 16:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 15:06

i joked a while ago about 1 game rolling contracts for managers, win and you stay another week, dont win and you are out. thats how the game feels nowadays no matter the club or manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 19:34

The reality is the new owners are looking to invest long term. I doubt that PG will be leaving the club anytime soon and will be given time to develop the team as he should be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 10 Aug 01:49

No matter how bad we may be feeling about the performance on Saturday, can you begin to imagine how humiliated PG will be feeling?

Here was his opportunity to show the German owners the direction he was taking the team. And he and the team blew it.

As he prepared to meet the Germans after the game, do you think it may have occurred to him that all his upbeat promises about going for the league title had suddenly come back to haunt him? And that all the directors, not just the Germans, would be adopting a more jaundiced view of his work from this point on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Tue 10 Aug 17:08

I don`t think the Germans would be too happy watching that dross on Saturday.

They`ll give him a few months and if we`re still playing that system and going nowhere, there`ll be a quick exit for PG with his tail in between his legs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 10 Aug 17:21

Obviously they won,t act on impulse , but they can,t have been happy with that show on Saturday , it was pretty pathetic on all counts , i daresay they will be looking for a vast improvement fairly quickly once Ibrox is out of the way, as the fans will . COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 16:33

We could have saved ourselves this hassle by not employing him in the first place, what a horrendous appointment. Grant out!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net