DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mehmet
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:04

Potentially one of the worst keepers I’ve seen at EEP, OFW must start next game

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mehmet
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:11

Did little to inspire confidence in either fans or team mates

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:20

My Dundee workmate didn,t rate him either.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:24

I have never rated him ! wasn`t very good with Dundee united , hope it`s his last game and OFW is in again as he is definitely the better of the two

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsFrontMan  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 18:25

If OFW doesn`t start the next game he has to wonder what the managers doing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:08

Noticed OFW with bandage round hand and thumb so maybe injured

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:16

Quote:

DA_NO1, Sat 7 Aug 19:08

Noticed OFW with bandage round hand and thumb so maybe injured

Keepers normally have strapping on matey.

Mehmet kept us in the game last time against Partick, no disputing he played poorly today though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 19:33

The goalkeeper position is a serious worry - Mehmet has been less than convincing so far but I dread the thought of Fon Williams playing every week.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 22:06

OFW had one big issue, his volleyball punch like technique at stopping shots close to him...can`t think of better way to describe it. It led to conceding some soft goals. But I never felt he would let back passes roll pass him or he would distribute it awfully or not inspire confidence of the defenders. He could pull off the tougher saves, and mess up the easy bits.

But Mehmet looks like callum Antell or Michael Andrews levels of bad from what I`ve seen so far...which is highlights of games and today live..so I can concede I`m maybe over exaggerating a bit..but the signs are that bad

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 22:09

Mehmet didn`t do one thing right today and that`s rare for a keeper. The back pass he misjudged was laughable. I try my best to find the positives in keepers but there were none for him today. I`d expect Owain to start on Friday but would rather have both of them in goals together as this could be a right doing!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 7 Aug 23:29

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 08:02

Quote:

RossF, Sat 7 Aug 22:09

Mehmet didn`t do one thing right today and that`s rare for a keeper. The back pass he misjudged was laughable. I try my best to find the positives in keepers but there were none for him today. I`d expect Owain to start on Friday but would rather have both of them in goals together as this could be a right doing!

^^^^ Formation 2 - 4 - 4 - 1 😀

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 08:37

I`ve watched Memhet in all games he`s played in this season and he simply isn`t good enough. Doesn`t command his area at all and his distribution is shocking, continually putting our defence in trouble with his casual passes out.

Peter Grant has said on a number of occasions that he will wait for the right, quality players to become available, rather than sign anyone just for the sake of it. Has he actually seen this guy playing before he signed him. Very poorly signing for what is arguably the most important position in the team, and astonished that he was given a 2 year deal.

OFW might have his faults but he`s a far better keeper than Memhet. Hopefully he`s back in goals for the Rangers game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 10:41

I’m surprised by the amount of criticism Mehmet has got, far from a perfect game but others had a lot worse.

He made a mistake with a pass out in the first hlf and his dropped cross (which wasn’t helped by the Center half’s not comfortably shielding the ball into him.)

There’s criticism from grant on him not taking the cross that led to the 2nd goal, but that seemed harsh, the fault is far more in the pathetic marking.

The 2nd half passback is nearly entirely on Graham. He misplaced it by about 12 yards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 11:19

OFW is hardly a good replacement btw. Popadom hands.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 12:03

1st goal was bad marking. 2nd goal was entirely on him.

Taught at at young age as a defender to play passbacks either side of the posts incase something like that happens so, at worst, all you conceed is a corner.

General indecision and reluctance to come off his line for anything. You could hear the Thistle goalie booming out instructions all game yet hardly heard a peep from him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 22:01

Truly we’re caught between a rock and a hard place. OFW is obviously an all-round great guy for the Club but last season he gave me the heebies the way he resolutely refused most of the time to come off his line and claim his area; also, as mentioned above, his dodgy punches and, it shouldn’t be forgotten, his kick-outs which, more often than not, went out of play or went straight to the opposition. I’d totally agree that Mehmet had a ‘mare on Saturday but bizarrely I would still choose him ahead of OFW. Despite his recent failings he looks - to me at any rate - to be the better long-term prospect. What we really need are a few games with a settled defence to inspire a bit of confidence at the back. And on that subject, why on earth wasn’t Gaspuitis playing on Saturday?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 22:06

c Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Sun 8 Aug

1st goal was bad marking. 2nd goal was entirely on him.

Taught at at young age as a defender to play passbacks either side of the posts incase something like that happens so, at worst, all you conceed is a corner.

General indecision and reluctance to come off his line for anything. You could hear the Thistle goalie booming out instructions all game yet hardly heard a peep from him.

You could hear a few PT players talking even ranting to each other during the game.Graham and Turner in particular. Our players? quiet as mice…..We have no leader…..imho

Post Edited (Sun 08 Aug 22:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 8 Aug 22:48

OFW needs to start now. Mehmet was on a level with Chris Smith yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 09:56

Cmsn we get Peter Barlow out of retirement please? Sick of utterly gash keepers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 10:11

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 9 Aug 09:56

Cmsn we get Peter Barlow out of retirement please? Sick of utterly gash keepers

No chance. He'll be on decent wages at Hearts!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Mon 9 Aug 11:11

Imagine having to pick between Mehmet & OFW. Mehmet is about as good as some bloke you'd see down the local park playing football with his own kid. The only reason that OFW got into an international squad is probably by doing a family painting for the manager.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net