DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lawrence Shankland
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 11 Aug 12:53

I see he`s joined Belgian club Beerschot in a 3-year deal for an `undisclosed fee`. He had a year to run of his contract with Dundee United and it was reported that Beerschot had offered around £1m for him. Could this set a marker for the potential sale of Kevin Nisbet? I think Nisbet`s a better all-round player than Shankland and it would be disappointing if Hibs didn`t get a much better offer than that for him but the market tends to dictate these fees.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lawrence Shankland
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 11 Aug 13:03

I think Nisbet has 3 years left on his contract and has been scoring goals at the top level for longer and is currently in the Scotland squad so quite different from Shankland's position.

Not being a wide-o but I think the only reference point for the Nisbet fee would be that it should be quite a bit more than a million which I think in our unbiased opinions we'd all agreed on anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Wed 11 Aug 14:34

A cursory glance tells me that Beerschot are a mid-table team in the Belgian league. Is this really the best move Shankland could get? I accept that there may be factors of which I’m unaware, but on the face of it, this looks like a fairly uninspiring move.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Wed 11 Aug 14:44

Tbh wasn't overly impressed when he played against us, very similar situation to Faiss where he was a totally different player when Moffat was beside him.

Nisbet is on a different level compared to him imho, Shankland was available for a good while at Ayr and no firm offers came in for him until Utd did late in the transfer window.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 11 Aug 15:00

Beerschot have a link to Sheffield United. Maybe there is the potential for a move to England at some point.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 11 Aug 16:23

And to think United we’re looking at 5 million a year ago, has found he is not as good as he and Utd thought he was after all

Hope Hibs dont make the same mistake with Nisbet

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net