DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New Owners Plans
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 13:26

From Steven Mill`s twitter....

"The first in-person interview with DAFC Fussball GmbH coming up later today Chequered flag Flag of Germany
I caught up with Damir Keretić and Nick Teller at East End Park to chat about their plans for the club.
Full interview available on
@officialdafc
social channels at 5pm Clock face five o`clock"

Looking forward to hearing what the guys have to say !!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New Owners Plans
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 18:08

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjXCiv9Yac&feature=youtu.be

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 21:00

I thought it was a pretty good interview.

No wild promises. Steady the ship. Focus on the fundamentals. A new training centre and youth setup. Be ambitious, but not over-ambitious. Find ourselves a new higher level where we can feel comfortable...

In terms of developing and outlining a business strategy for the club, this all sounded pretty acceptable.

I hope we get a chance to hear from Thomas Meggle about where he wants to see the football side of things go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 21:02

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 12 Aug 21:00

I thought it was a pretty good interview.

No wild promises. Steady the ship. Focus on the fundamentals. A new training centre and youth setup. Be ambitious, but not over-ambitious. Find ourselves a new higher level where we can feel comfortable...

In terms of developing and outlining a business strategy for the club, this all sounded pretty acceptable.

I hope we get a chance to hear from Thomas Meggle about where he wants to see the football side of things go.

Agreed Oz, though one word Nick used a few times am sure some people won't give either manager or the consortium, patience.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 21:09

There can be no doubt about whether they endorsed PG`s appointment or not after that interview.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 21:47

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 12 Aug 21:09

There can be no doubt about whether they endorsed PG`s appointment or not after that interview.

Thought the comments on him were quite worrying.

Banging on about how well Alloa played, we beat them twice last season, with Alloa winning the last game, and how much of that was due to us drastically changing the side due to it being a game of no magnitude?

That was one of only 5 wins for Alloa last season. That's not good
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 22:00

The comment was more along the lines of "he got the best out of the players".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 12 Aug 22:51

Good interview,worth a watch. I like what I see and hear.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 01:06

Really surprised reactions were positive. It seems the BOD and German investors just went on a whim appointing PG.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 01:30

Agree with the sentiments above. Damir and Nick come across as really good guys (as they have done in other interviews). You can see why Ross and other board members were so impressed with them. I like the way they view themselves as custodians. They have once again made it clear they are adding to what is already going on and not seeking to replace it.

I also like their patient long term approach - aiming to gradually improve our chances of success . Their approach should be less risky and more sustainable than the more usual throwing money at players in a short-term gamble to try to get promotion.

We had got as far as we could with the fan ownership model. There wasn`t an appetite from existing shareholders to put enough additional cash into the club, and further capital was also needed to do things like securing our own training facility. Thus the German investment comes at a very good time - especially when one considers Covid is likely to have significantly impacted on revenue.

Having our own training base should make a difference. If they wish, players will be able to stay on after training to practice more, and there are greater opportunities for team building. As they outlined, having a decent training facility should help attract talent and also encourage youths to come to us when the youth programme is up and running.

As Oz says, it would be nice to also hear from Thomas Meggle in due course, as he has a football background, and was the person to put together a strategy for running a club sustainably and with strong links to the local community.

Like Wetherby and others, I too "like what I see and hear". The German "investors" have all had successful careers and clearly are not in this for money, but rather for the fun of the challenge and hopefully enjoyment of future successes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 11:14

On watching the interview I was struck by the impression that we have intelligent, articulate and realistic owners who are in this adventure for more than personal glory. I`m hoping they will, in some ways, emulate the owners of Leicester City who are an excellently run and successful club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 12:55

They also literally said it wasn't really their domain to be picking a head coach - that's Meggle's remit.

I think it's a bit bonkers to conclude that they appointed him solely on the basis of a couple of Alloa performances against us. They seem a touch more meticulous and methodical than that. Still no guarantee that they've got it right though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 12:58

Quote:

jake89, Thu 12 Aug 22:00

Did he just have rotten players then? Arbroath and Dick Campbell were streets infront of them.

How thorough was the process, are we genuinely saying that Peter Grant is for example more likely to get more out of his players than say Stewart Petrie? Did we interview many more managers? What was it about Peter Grant relegating Alloa that made us headhunt him for the job?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 13:36

"They also literally said it wasn`t really their domain to be picking a head coach - that`s Meggle`s remit"

correct and i think Meggle mentioned some things at the takeover press conference, McArthur covered a few of those when Grant was appointed too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 13:49

I remember when the consensus on here was that we should be beating Alloa, regardless of who their manager was, because they were part-time. Now that they have been relegated it was the manager`s fault. Football fans are never wrong.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 14:42

Quote:

Grant, Fri 13 Aug 12:58

Quote:

Did he just have rotten players then? Arbroath and Dick Campbell were streets infront of them.

How thorough was the process, are we genuinely saying that Peter Grant is for example more likely to get more out of his players than say Stewart Petrie? Did we interview many more managers? What was it about Peter Grant relegating Alloa that made us headhunt him for the job?

I recall PG listed his injury problems at Alloa and explained that getting players in on loan proved virtually impossible for him because players would not leave their exiting team’s “bubble” and go to a club whose players were part time and therefore had greater risk of catching COVID.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 15:14

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Fri 13 Aug 14:42

Quote:

Grant, Fri 13 Aug 12:58

Quote:

I recall PG listed his injury problems at Alloa and explained that getting players in on loan proved virtually impossible for him because players would not leave their exiting team’s “bubble” and go to a club whose players were part time and therefore had greater risk of catching COVID.

How did Arbroath get players on loan then? How did Alloa have Innes Cameron on loan?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 15:24

Grant was made manager of Alloa in July 19. In season 19/20 Arbroath finished 5th, above Dunfermline, Alloa 8th. No-one is seriously suggesting Dick Campbell though.

Choosing " good football" over results seems a naive method to me, despite the high profile clubs on his CV how much success is there because at the end of day only one thing matters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 15:31

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Fri 13 Aug 15:24

Choosing " good football" over results seems a naive method to me,

Aye that's what I'm getting at, whenever you hear the new owners talk about Grant they really big up how good the football was.

He won 4 times before he faced our second string on the final day of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 15:41

Grant, we get it. You don't approve and never will.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 15:50

I get it da, you've got nothing constructive to say so you just have a pop at the poster, again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 16:12

Interesting stat based purely on Alloa`s results in the Championship

Combined Jim Goodwin & Jack Ross managed 55 games and accumulated 52 points. Peter Grant managed them for 55 games and accumulated 53 points. The other two haven`t done too badly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 17:00

I'm guessing also, but as we were training at Alloa, it's possible that some of the members of the board may have spoken with PG and maybe even seen him in action during the odd training session.

Presumably they figured he could work with him. He's also got good contacts eg I think he got Scott Banks on loan in his first season. And he also turned round Kevin O'Hara's career trajectory.

Lots of potential reasons they thought he would be the right man. None are a guarantee of anything though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 17:05

How anyone manages to take anything negative from the interview, or how they have gone about the job at hand, is beyond me but we do have some raspers on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 17:32

Quote:

68guns, Fri 13 Aug 17:05

How anyone manages to take anything negative from the interview, or how they have gone about the job at hand, is beyond me but we do have some raspers on here.

Because it's pretty rare for anyone holding an interview on there terms to come off badly (Unless you're a member of the Royal family).

I remember everyone being infactuated with Stephen Kenny because he spoke well, you just need to look at this forum a few weeks back to see how wild it got because Peter Grant is better on camera than Crawford.

Like it or not the board will be defined by the man in the dugout, they can get the training ground, talk well and promoted a club culture etc, but if the man in charge doesn't win games and doesn't make EEP an enjoyable place to go it'll be for nothing.

So you'll excuse me for not getting carried away because they speak nice on camera, I'd dearly like to see East End Park become a nice place to go on a weekend again, and appointing a good manager is pretty important factor in that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 17:58

It works both ways. You seem to have made your mind up about the manager already; in fact you did it about half an hour into the new league season. I suppose if they`d looked at the xGs of his teams over the years all would have been clear.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 18:10

Quote:

Grant, Fri 13 Aug 15:50

I get it da, you've got nothing constructive to say so you just have a pop at the poster, again.

What's constructive about your contributions to this thread exactly? Nothing whatsoever. You posted pretty much exactly the same over on Pie & Bovril just in case we missed it here.

I've said my piece about Peter Grant, I wasn't keen when he was appointed and there's not much happened since to get enthused about. However I'm willing to give the guy more than 2 league games to prove himself.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 18:34

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 13 Aug 17:58

It works both ways. You seem to have made your mind up about the manager already; in fact you did it about half an hour into the new league season. I suppose if they`d looked at the xGs of his teams over the years all would have been clear.

I'm always willing to have my mind changed, that's upto Peter Grant.

It'd be nice if the board had looked at the likes of xG yes, I'd certainly hope we're looking at it. Clubs bigger and far more successful than us take it seriously.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 18:37

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 13 Aug 18:10

Quote:

Grant, Fri 13 Aug 15:50

What's constructive about your contributions to this thread exactly? Nothing whatsoever. You posted pretty much exactly the same over on Pie & Bovril just in case we missed it here.

I've said my piece about Peter Grant, I wasn't keen when he was appointed and there's not much happened since to get enthused about. However I'm willing to give the guy more than 2 league games to prove himself.

I was posting my thoughts on the interview. You done what you normally do, which is to come on a thread and have a pop at whatever poster without actually posting an opinion or a thought yourself.

I posted similar thoughts somewhere else? Shock! Did you expect it to be different like?
I'm always willing to have my mind changed, using the evidence that is happening in front of us, and as things stand it's not going well is it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:15

I think there are arguements both ways. Alloa being relegated cannot be argued with. The question is will PG achieve better results with FT players and a bigger mansgement team. Talk is cheap and it will be about results at the end of the day. The conversation is perhaps one for the end of the season. Its about continuous improvement for me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:16

Peter Grant must be really relieved that you are prepared to let him change your mind.

Like a lot of people who love to dish out criticism you get extremely touchy when anyone has a pop at you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:30

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 13 Aug 19:16

Peter Grant must be really relieved that you are prepared to let him change your mind.

Like a lot of people who love to dish out criticism you get extremely touchy when anyone has a pop at you.

Peter Grant won't care, but if anyone is posting on here with that as there main motivation I'd be asking questions...

Not touchy at all, if you disagree with what I'm posting then wire in and say why, that is why I post after all. However there's a good few posters on here who won't bother, for whatever reason they'll go straight to having a go at the poster rather than whatever the content is. I just don't see the point.

Just have a look at da_no_1 as a prime example.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:32

I made numerous criticisms of your input to the Morton game. I`m still waiting for answers. You got bored apparently.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:35

Grant what did I say that you class as "having a pop"?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:38

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 13 Aug 19:32

I made numerous criticisms of your input to the Morton game. I`m still waiting for answers. You got bored apparently.

Oh that was you? Were you the poster who got touchy about other posters saying I wasn't that bad? Very odd behaviour.

I did get bored. It was a thread about the Morton game and instead it had turned into some back and forth which had no relevance to the game, I couldn't care less whether you like me as a poster or not.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 19:48

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 13 Aug 19:32

Few posters are like that !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 22:46

`I couldn`t care less whether you like me as a poster or not.`

The feeling`s mutual I assure you. As I said at the time, you`re just another punter with a point of view, not God`s gift to football punditry.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Aug 22:48

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 13 Aug 22:46

`I couldn`t care less whether you like me as a poster or not.`

The feeling`s mutual I assure you. As I said at the time, you`re just another punter with a point of view, not God`s gift to football punditry.

Good job you'd reminded me, your posts don't tend to linger long in the memory.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 09:29

Aye, you only remember the complimentary stuff. That figures.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 11:52

Very boring reading the same posters ruin every thread by slagging each other off

Admin can we not simply delete the slagging off posts as nobody’s is remotely interested in reading them?

Destroying this forum guys, debate is good but continual ripping into each other is brutal

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 12:10

`Very boring reading the same posters ruin every thread by slagging each other off`

If that`s directed at me it`s a bit of an exaggeration. It`s the lack of respect some posters have for someone questioning their opinion that annoys me. You can ignore it or you can challenge it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 12:56

Quote:

1970par, Sat 14 Aug 11:52

Very boring reading the same posters ruin every thread by slagging each other off

Admin can we not simply delete the slagging off posts as nobody’s is remotely interested in reading them?

Destroying this forum guys, debate is good but continual ripping into each other is brutal

Quite agree.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 13:09

Censorship works both ways. Be careful what you wish for

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 13:27

I agree about the need to delete posts.
It`s an ongoing issue, I think you will find that almost everybody posts without any retribution.
It`s as if people think admin delete posts for no reason 🤔

People abuse admin though if they disagree with it.
I do believe though there is a push to discredit this forum, having had a conversation with one person.
And also the mis-information and lies being spread.

The forum isn`t about admin, it`s about users.
User will need to (please) offer solutions to see how we can resolve this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 15:05

Quote:

brian, Sat 14 Aug 13:27

It`s an ongoing issue, I think you will find that almost everybody posts without any retribution.

I do believe though there is a push to discredit this forum, having had a conversation with one person.

Catch 22 Brian, you delete posts of people bickering and people then accuse the admin of being heavy handed. However I fully agree that the petty back and forth between posters (and I appreciate I've been involved in a few) are incredibly tedious.

Solutions? Not sure really!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 15:52

I’m wondering what the new owners will think if/when they read posts for the first time on the forum. A club that has partisan fans, and rallies behind the team after the rocky start to the season, or will they be more surprised and disappointed about the fan base of their new club…?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 15:57

One of the problems is that too many posters want to have the last word & a thread where disagreements become personal often ends up being the vehicle for a two or 3 person bun fight, this thread being a perfect example

IMO, admin needs to have the last word in these spats & delete the posts where necessary, but with an explanation/warning, anything further relating to these spats should be met with yellow & red cards as necessary

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 20:13

New owners plans? I thought this was to be a discussion/comment thread on what was said, and what impression was gleaned from the interview. Unfortunately it seems not. Shame as I found the interview very positive and heartening. Why do many people only take a short term view?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 20:29

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 20:50

No you don`t

Goodbye

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 21:19

Finally !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 22:11

Confirming someone just does not get that you cannot just simply post what you like without consideration for others.

Just as because you have bought a match ticket does not actually give you the "right" to say the hell what you like without consideration for others.

The people who run this independant forum do it for no financial gain simply because they want it to be here. I salute them.

We all make mistakes but posters who have never had to deal with a football clubs sharp end need to show a bit more consideration and try to have a bit of understanding.

What will they do if those who make this forum happen stop.

Pie & Bovril?

Going back to the title of the OP - New Owners Plans

I heard them twice this week as well as the Steven Mills video. They will not be listening to or reading this forum. They will much prefer to spend they precious time trying to work out how best to take this club forward.

Not pointing out what goes wrong or what is not right without ever being challenged to do a better job themselves.

No, they are having to make it happen and get it right and please everyone all at the same time. From the start, and thererafter and on an ongoing basis.

Instead of telling everyone what and where things are going wrong - why can`t people ask as more simple question.

What can I do to make it better?

What can I do to help?

Is this post I am about to submit going to make a positive difference to DAFC?

I support the PARS.

FULL STOP and dot.net

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 22:37

Look at me. Yup, i'm just like you, a pars fan. Through thick,thin,good times, bad times and troubled times. I choose to help as do my fellow admins in our own small way, and stood foward when asked to do a mainly thankless task for the benefit of other likeminded fans (and the occasional fandango and spammers) . We do try to tread as lightly as we can, although it isn't always popular. We can be a bit marmite , but you can't please all of the people all of the time. During my tenure we have seen the good (others helping folks when they were down or in need) the bad ( people passing on news of others who have passed) and the ugly ( small pointless semantical bunfights) On the whole I find .net to be a worthwhile contribution in addition to the club news and website. Off topic has had some brillliant threads too. I'm sure it will continue long after ive reached moderation retirement age. Along with another sporting endeavour I volunteer for, it allows me to contribute for a small benefit to the wider community. Do I want my name in lights? Definitely not, that ain't me.

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Aug 23:52

Quote:

EEP, Sat 14 Aug 20:29

I’m sure Ross would have told his future partners that .net is a forum like thousands round the world where fans come on to discuss their football team… although many on here are roasters it’s still a place for fans to discuss….. Brian and admin don’t help themselves with the look at me attitude but we have just got to put up with them tbh.

When the club moves on .net will still be here but in no way be associated to the club imo….

I totally agree. The fact you're red carded confirms that. Why certain admin still think a fan's forum not officially connected to the club means you can't have an opinion is very weird.
It's almost as if the owner doesn't know the difference between fans opinions and club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 00:16

just goes to show you don`t get or see the whole picture. nothing to to with club.

people are entilted to have opinions as well as a little respect.

and as I said there is little point in having a dialogue under these circumstances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 00:23

Little point in having a dialogue? But you literally run a forum. 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 00:27

I've forgotten what this thread is about.... But someone mentioned "buns".... I like buns.
Regards
Widders
(CEO bun appreciation society)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 00:31

I know with absolute certainty that the new owners do read at least some of the posts on this forum, although I don`t know what they make of them.

However I suspect they are well aware what football fans are like the world over, and i don`t really think the directors` judgments and decisions will be seriously affected by what they read on here!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 00:38

Stanza wrote:

> I know with absolute certainty that the new owners do read at
> least some of the posts on this forum, although I don`t know
> what they make of them.
>
> However I suspect they are well aware what football fans are
> like the world over, and i don`t really think the directors`
> judgments and decisions will be seriously affected by what they
> read on here!
>
>

Think you probably underplay the impact of social media and this (and other forums) in painting narrative around the club. If the new owners read all this stuff then they see it and have to consider it. There will be an impact.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 02:07

Quote:

brian, Sun 15 Aug 00:16

just goes to show you don`t get or see the whole picture. nothing to to with club.

and as I said there is little point in having a dialogue under these circumstances.

I'm afraid past history suggests this forum, despite being independent of the club historically has been, at times a mouthpiece of them.
No need to delve into these matters now as it's in the past but let's not pretend otherwise.
My point is this. It is a fan's forum no ifs or buts and opinions however they are formed should be given freedom to be aired so long as they are not giving inside information or abusive to other members etc etc.
I do not give a damn if players, directors or people in the club read this forum.
It is for fans of the club not for them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 08:31

AAPS "given freedom to be aired so long as they are not giving inside information or abusive to other members etc etc."

That is the whole point, you and a select few are missing that point and keep bringing it up., Just like EEP.

It keeps coming back because people forget about what happened and others will believe what you say.

Let`s assume you post information here that is sensitive, I get a call from someone saying they will take legal action.i ask you to stop posting. You don`t. So I delete as I don`t want the chance of being sued which is my right.
You then moan at me for years saying I`m in the pocket of someone, complete nonsense.

You keep saying this is a mouthpiece of the club, I don`t see how or why. Anybody can post, it`s not up to admin. Good posts, bad posts, they are put there by users (not admin)

Your crass comment could relate to us being supporters of DAFC and we try to be positive. If people tried to do something instead of moaning we would all be in a better place.

I have asked for people to get involved in the future of .net, zero replies.

This subject really depresses me as it should not be talked about on here.but people are bringing it up and spreading lies about it and I don`t see why I should continually have to put up with it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 08:48

Also, to let you know how bad it is.

I saw someone post saying they didn`t use ParsTV because of me.

I setup ParsTV originally with GroovyDave to help the club and worked for 9 years putting my time and effort into it to help the football club and also other clubs.
Indeed it may be clunky and someone could do better,
So I get lambasted for trying to help.

I don`t see these people that moan stepping forward to help or improve.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 11:06

There wasn’t “zero replies” to your future of .net thread, there were plenty before you deleted posts and moved the thread.

There may have been “zero replies” that you LIKED….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 15 Aug 13:56

I wouldn't suggest this forum is a "mouthpiece" for the club at all. The difference between this forum and others is that it takes moderation seriously.

I know a lot of people left during the finale of the Masterton times due to editing/deleting of threads, but you can't go around mouthing off about people online. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the person will request your details and it then puts the forum owners in a difficult position.

Some people on this forum take it too far and need to time out. Yes, the results aren't going our way and yes, you may not like certain players. But give it a rest. Incessant posting isn't going to result in a change. If anything, it'll make people take things less seriously.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 16 Aug 03:31

Quote:

brian, Sat 14 Aug 13:27

Simples. Delete the posts and black card anyone who moans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 16 Aug 03:42

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 15 Aug 02:07

Quote:

brian, Sun 15 Aug 00:16

I'm afraid past history suggests this forum, despite being independent of the club historically has been, at times a mouthpiece of them.
No need to delve into these matters now as it's in the past but let's not pretend otherwise.
My point is this. It is a fan's forum no ifs or buts and opinions however they are formed should be given freedom to be aired so long as they are not giving inside information or abusive to other members etc etc.
I do not give a damn if players, directors or people in the club read this forum.
It is for fans of the club not for them.

Depends on how you remember and understand past history, and you got this wrong.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 16 Aug 06:10

Might it not be better to carve out of this thread those posts that deal with events from years ago (he said, she said etc) and make a new thread for those who see value in discussing them.

That would leave this thread to do what it says on the tin and deal only with what happens in the future, ie the New Owners' Plans.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net