DAFC.net
Home 27 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 RRFC Statement
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 09:25

Taken from RRFC website:

"The club would like to apologise  to everyone impacted by the abandonment of tonight’s fixture.

This was due to an electrical issue which, as of yet, is unresolved.

Electrical engineers are still looking to identify the root cause of why the power failure affected certain areas of the stadium.

It was due to this power issue that floodlights, fire alarms, smoke alarms, stand and concourse lighting as well as electrical supply into parts of the ground failed.

The Police Scotland Match Commander decided that in the interest of Public Safety that the game could not continue.

A full investigation between the SFA, SPFL, football club, stewarding company and Police Scotland is ongoing.

Further information including rescheduling of the fixture will be provided in due course.

We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time for what has been a difficult evening for everyone."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: RRFC Statement
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 09:42

I had a quick look at the SP Energy Network website to see if there were any outages linked to KY1 1SA - nothing listed.

Therefore it appears the problem lies with RRFC.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 10:29

Here`s a neutral`s perspective of last night`s game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY8egDCE-V8

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 11:16

Rovers rep said Street lights in Pratt St went off as well, trying to shift blame to SP networks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 11:23

From the video blog pre match " It`s going to be electric " lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 11:28

Shouldn't have to break this to an adult, but appreciate electricity is new in Kirkcaldy - the streets lights come on when it gets dark.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 11:28

Hopefully game is re arranged soon, maybe a week on Tuesday?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 11:30

Quote:

jake89, Sat 21 Aug 11:28

Shouldn't have to break this to an adult, but appreciate electricity is new in Kirkcaldy - the streets lights come on when it gets dark.

Jake that cheered me up

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 16:03

Did they start a game, that should have been abandoned for safety reasons, to avoid an automatic 0-3?
What is the diff, failing to play due to covid or lecky?

So long as the game kicks off they didn't fail to play.

Just guessing. I would prefer to play the replay than get a 0-3. That would just cause more animosity apart from doing us out of a good game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 20:50

I would imagine if the game didn't start, it would still go to a replay

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 21:00

"What is the diff, failing to play due to covid or lecky?"

the 3-0 forfeit only applies in the cup and it is only for covid, the game will be replayed as usual.

"Hopefully game is re arranged soon, maybe a week on Tuesday?"

guess it will depend how long their investigation takes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 21 Aug 21:21

It doesn`t seem to me that the Rovers have done all that much wrong. The one serious issue is that the game started when it obviously should not have done so, and on that one it must surely be the Police who are responsible.

Power failures happen occasionally. Pity it happened last night, but it really is just one of those things. Maybe a bit embarrassing for the Rovers that it happened the first time their new lights were used but it could equally well happen at any other ground, ours included.

If there is a safety issue at the start of the game, then whoever was in charge of policing simply has to make the call to delay the start of the game. If not resolved, call it off. They cannot have been unaware of the issues and nothing changed between the time the floodlights came back on and the game being stopped.

They also should have delayed kick-off due to so many being unable to get into the ground. TV or no TV, you simply cannot start a game with a large number stuck outside because some system has failed. Note all games have Police present but in a game that does, whoever is in charge of that simply has to make a decision. Of course, Police will make mistakes the same as everyone else does but criticism seems absolutely justified this time.

The issue is not that a power failure prevented the game being played in full, the issue is that it went ahead despite a known safety issue.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Aug 00:59

If we were getting battered when game was called off, we would have been happy.
But we were on top and playing well, I know it was only 12 minutes but IMHO it looked like we were starting to play the way PG wants,
Which should make us all happy ..onwards and upwards.

C⚽️Y🏁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Sun 22 Aug 09:58

Nothing in the statement about what happens with our tickets? I.e are we entitled to a refund or the tickets being valid for the replay?

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 22 Aug 10:35

Quote:

YeParss, Sun 22 Aug 09:58

Nothing in the statement about what happens with our tickets? I.e are we entitled to a refund or the tickets being valid for the replay?

To be fair to Raith I think the statement was issued very shortly after the match was cancelled. I haven't looked back to see if there is a further update since then but I'm sure there will be one in good time!

Post Edited (Sun 22 Aug 10:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 22 Aug 16:57

I always thought that if the game didn't reach half time, the tickets counted for the replayed game.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 22 Aug 17:25

From RRFC website:

Abandonment of the match after kick-off

In the event of the abandonment of match after kick-off, a person shall be permitted to enter the Stadium for a rearranged fixture on the presentation of the ticket stub and subject to compliance with any other arrangements as may be announced at the time. A person who does not wish to attend the rearranged playing of the match shall be entitled to a refund, the amount of which shall be determined by the selling Club acting reasonably. In such an event, the refund will only be paid when an application for a refund has been received at the Stadium within 14 days of the day of the announcement of the rearranged playing of the match, or prior to the rearranged match should this be earlier than 14 days from the announcement of the rearranged fixture. The ticket stub must be enclosed.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net