DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Road Trip!
Topic Originator: jdafc  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 08:43

Fraserburgh will be short of one old, bald, slightly overweight (fat) Fifer tomorrow.
The road trip is on!
I`ll be at my first home game since March of last year against QoS. Obviously, I`m hoping for better fayre than was served up that day.
I`ve checked with the club regarding ticket purchasing and covid protocols in
the stadium, and now I am looking forward to getting back.
For over thirty years I was a season ticket holder and before that I paid at the gate. My hard earned dockyard shillings put to good work... So to say I`ve missed it would be an understatement.
Since the move north, I have attended at least eight home games each season. Always the first and last, with the rest scattered throughout the season.
My routine has been somewhat interrupted over the past couple of years, but hopefully some sort of normality can now prevail.
As always I travel in hope rather than expectation, but from the little I saw on Friday there were some small signs of improvement from the previous couple of games.
It won`t be a skoosh by any stretch of the imagination. It never is against a Dick Campbell team, but I am hopeful that we can continue the improvement that was on show (briefly) last week.
Hoping for a decent turn out and a Pars win.
I`ll be looking forward to my next road trip as soon as I get home from this one.
I hope we can all enjoy the game tomorrow.

Always a Par

JD

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Road Trip!
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 09:30

Hopefully reward your efforts with a win!

We'll need to be physical against Arbroath
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 10:00

Enjoy your trip jdafc and hopefully we get a win to kick start our season. Like you I make similar trips from the south.

Just a short bus ride tomorrow though to take in Harrogate Town v Exeter City but will journey north for the Ayr match ( away) in a few weeks and then back up for the home game against Accies at the end September. Havent got round to arranging Oct/Nov games yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 10:09

I`m full of admiration for you far-flung fans. I think the secret is to enjoy the journey, not just the destination.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 10:24

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 27 Aug 10:09

I`m full of admiration for you far-flung fans. I think the secret is to enjoy the journey, not just the destination.

Here, here.

I hope you have a good trip down and a very happy return journey, JD.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 10:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 27 Aug 10:24

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 27 Aug 10:09

Here, here.

I hope you have a good trip down and a very happy return journey, JD.

I hope the bit in the middle is the best bit though 😜
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 10:57

Quote:

jdafc, Fri 27 Aug 08:43

Fraserburgh will be short of one old, bald, slightly overweight (fat) Fifer tomorrow.
The road trip is on!
I`ll be at my first home game since March of last year against QoS. Obviously, I`m hoping for better fayre than was served up that day.
I`ve checked with the club regarding ticket purchasing and covid protocols in
the stadium, and now I am looking forward to getting back.
For over thirty years I was a season ticket holder and before that I paid at the gate. My hard earned dockyard shillings put to good work... So to say I`ve missed it would be an understatement.
Since the move north, I have attended at least eight home games each season. Always the first and last, with the rest scattered throughout the season.
My routine has been somewhat interrupted over the past couple of years, but hopefully some sort of normality can now prevail.
As always I travel in hope rather than expectation, but from the little I saw on Friday there were some small signs of improvement from the previous couple of games.
It won`t be a skoosh by any stretch of the imagination. It never is against a Dick Campbell team, but I am hopeful that we can continue the improvement that was on show (briefly) last week.
Hoping for a decent turn out and a Pars win.
I`ll be looking forward to my next road trip as soon as I get home from this one.
I hope we can all enjoy the game tomorrow.

Always a Par

JD

Were the Broch unlucky the other night or was a draw a fair result?

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 11:06

According to Dougie (the old fella across the road) they were lucky to get the draw. They haven`t exactly had a stellar start to the season.
Quite reminiscent of another team that plays in black and white stripes...

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: cumbrian par  
Date:   Fri 27 Aug 12:19

Have a great day, JD. 2 of us are getting the train up from Carlisle tomorrow. My mate hasn’t been to East End Park since Gozie missed that penalty! COYP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:27

Should’ve saved yer coin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:33

It was a long journey to ballingry after that today, I couldn't imagine travelling back to The Broch or down to Carlisle.

cumbrian par please tell your mate "He's barred from EEP" 😋

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:26

Well, what can I say about that?
Firstly, it was a cracking day to come down the road. `Home` has rarely looked better.
Secondly, I saw family and friends which was great.
Thirdly ...
Lastly, we went for tea at Smash Burger before driving back up the road. It was very nice, but they`re not shy with their prices!!
As for the game ...
Awful, shameful, amateur, spineless ... I`m sure there are more and maybe better ways to describe what was shown yesterday, but I`m struggling to think of any.
Grant said in his interview that we had lost a couple of players to covid. He is also on record saying that we had two players for each position. We can make our own minds up about that.
There is no point in me adding to the negative feedback. I will just say that I thought two players deserved praise for their performances and effort. Kennedy and Dow. O`Hara never stopped trying, but just had a poor game. The rest of them should be handing back their wages.
Someone at East End Park needs to find a ruthless streak and find it soon!
Either Grant starts kicking backsides and dropping the poorer performers, or the guys upstairs need to have a close look at the whole shebang. Something drastic needs to happen ... and no, I don`t pretend to know with any degree of certainty just what that needs to be.
There are people at the club with a better knowledge of football than me who need to sort that out.
I am already thinking about next week at Elgin. A much shorter road trip for me.
We need a morale boosting performance. Never mind it being the diddy cup. This game now carries huge importance, perhaps for the whole season.
Imagine the toxicity on this site should we lose. The unrest in the stands. The kick in the pants to any confidence the players may still retain.
Elgin City away is, unbelievably, a make-or-break game.
I`ll be there, as always hoping for the best but prepared for slightly less than that.

Always a Par

JD

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:39

My brother in law ( dyed in the wool Ayr fan) texted me that the trip to Somerset Park in two weeks is a "relegation 6 pointer "

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cumbrian par  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:56

Our train from Carlisle to Edinburgh was an hour late yesterday. Unfortunately, we arrived in time for kickoff. Even my half time pie was disappointing.

On the plus side, we had a lovely chat with Marvin before the game.

And my mate has banned himself from East End Park!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net