DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Board……..
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 17:46

…appointed Crawford.

Okay that didn’t really work out, he did try to turn the ship around but it just didn’t happen on the pitch.

…appointed Grant.

Who is fast turning out to be a mouth on a stick. Talks a great game & delivers nothing on the pitch. 2 x heavy defeats at home & it looks like we are out the running already.

So that’s two poor appointments in succession - I have no faith in this board.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board……..
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 17:48

Gave AJ a 2 year deal after limping to the playoffs etc etc.

If McCarthur can`t grow a pair and admit he`s made a big error here then he can follow Grant out the door. A shambles.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 17:49

Remember you can’t criticise the board who are immune to criticism off some on here. The BOD know absolutely **** all about football as they have shown over the years with shambles of appointments over the years. Admit we made a mistake and get grant out ASAP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:09

I`d actually rather we used any funds left from the sale of McManus to get rid of Grant over any new signings!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:24

McArthur to blame IMO. Since AJ it has been mistake after mistake. We really are an embarrassment at the moment. It’s so difficult to watch. I just hope he can admit he’s wrong and make a change.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:31

Who in their right mind appoints someone who doesn’t even bother to submit a CV for the role. We’re there even any references apart from a word with o’hara?

I though MacArthur and co had some sort of background in business or running a company?

Hopefully the Germans show some of that stereotypical ruthless efficiency and he’s out the door.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:32

I don’t even think Grant talks a great game - I need to turn his interviews off coz he’s talks a load of nonsense

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 19:04

To appoint someone without interviewing anyone else, doesn,t really make sense , especially a manager who has just relegated his last team , where were the special qualities there , a total shambles and the board are to blame

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 19:39

I`ve never been a massive fan of the board and have always been very surprised with how popular they are amongst fans. They without doubt are passionate about the club but I have seen zero progress under them. The begging bowl is forever out asking fans to contribute as the lifelines are vital but they have no interest in listening to fans when it comes to big decision. No one wanted Grant, they get him anyway and as many have predicted, he has been a disaster so far. How can fans sense this would happen and not them? Crawford was an unpopular appointment, they employ him anyway and by all accounts he would still be here if he wanted to be.

I`m envious of clubs that can`t pull the fan base we do or have fans contribute nowhere near as much as us but still manage to get in the SPL. St Johnstone, Hamilton, Inverness, Livingston all have been far more successful than us in the last 10-15 years. They don`t seem to be learning from their previous errors.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 19:40

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 20:33

Get rid of the roofing company mafia involved in the club would be a start. It’s a boys club .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 22:30

Agree with Sergio. There’s a bad smell about the club right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 22:54

There has been too much smoke and mirrors in terms of how DAFC operates. Three managers, as I understand, have been appointed without competitive interview which is astonishing.

For the sake of argument let us suppose that Dick Campbell and Stewart Petrie applied for the last vacancy. This is pure speculation on my part as it may be that neither was interested n the post. But if they had been, and interviewed before the preferred candidate Peter Grant, they may well have opened up problems concerning the style of football, the problem with loan players, the difficulty of motivation that could then have been presented to the last interviewed - Peter Grant. It does not mean that Grant, with his great vision, would not have been appointed, but it means his qualities could have been tested. This cannot be done under a coronation.

The same applies to our German investors. Why the secrecy beforehand? Of course no one wants to show their hand in a game of cards and there is business confidentiality to be respected. But why was this sprung on supporters? Could the board not have announced that they were seeking inward investment? The supporters would have been sympathetic to that I am sure, as they have been since being informed. Why all this secrecy?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 01:07

Do you really think the germans knew who pg was they never made that appointment but had to speak to him as as they should have done but to appoint someone who didn`t apply for the job is just bizarre

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 07:32

I think Grant had been spoken to before the end of last season, perhaps when we training at Alloa. It's a pity if this was the case as personaonally I preferred Stevie's style of management.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:36

Every appointment they have made has a irrational feeling about it , starting with the appointment of John Potter right through to this debacle, , a 2yr contract for A.J and Sandy Clarke , the appointment of Stevie and a coach who was obviously an old pals act , then on to Grant who wins 5 games in a season and relegates his team yet is deemed good enough for us on the pretext he played" nice football"
winning football is what the fans want not the absolute dross that is being served up at the moment

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:23

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 28 Aug 20:33

Get rid of the roofing company mafia involved in the club would be a start. It’s a boys club .

Isn't it just one roofer? What's the issue? Runs a successful local business.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:18

We all know .net loves a scapegoat but we`ve got a whole herd of them here. It`s amazing the accusations you can get away without providing any hard evidence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:23

In employing a manager with a questionable track record it`s taken just 3 games for a mass revolt to happen at the club.The initial surprise and disappointment has meant the patience that might have been there for a respected appointment has been non-existent. The board are accountable as much as Grant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:34

John Potter was a disaster as manager. AJ worked great but the decision to give him another 2 year contract was a terrible choice. Crawford was the cheap option once again and I don't know what the decision makers were smoking when they appointed this charlatan. Our managerial appointments seem lazy, uninspired and generally just cheap.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:39

AJ and SC were not unmitigated disasters despite a few on here being determined to re-write history.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:18

Wee eck the problem both AJ and crawford suffered from is that we were rank rotten for months then came onto it for a month or 2 and won 4-5 on the spin then went back to being rank rotten for months. Didn’t Nisbet almost single handedly keep us up too in one of those seasons.

It’s just bizarre that our last 3 managers haven’t been able to put together a half decent midfield 2 that can regularly compete in the top 4 of the championship.

Dorrans the latest player to be put in the engine room! And a 2 year deal!

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:28

`Wee eck the problem both AJ and crawford suffered from is that we were rank rotten for months then came onto it for a month or 2 and won 4-5 on the spin then went back to being rank rotten for months. Didn’t Nisbet almost single handedly keep us up too in one of those seasons.`

And you just judge them on the period when we were `rank rotten`; no credit for turning things round. Did Nisbet just turn up at the club by magic? No, somebody signed him and made the club a few quid (hopefully) into the bargain. That`s what I mean when I say managers are rarely unmitigated disasters but you have to paint it black and white.

We`d all love to see a balanced midfield that could dominate games in this league but we`re still waiting on your nominations.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 17:22

And, 15/16 season was my favourite recent history season. Superb. And don`t forget certain other circumstances can intervene in a managers reign. I thought Alan Johnston was a good manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 17:38

Where`s the post went about the shenanigans in the main stand , take its been removed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 07:33

forever black and white wrote:

> Where`s the post went about the shenanigans in the main stand ,
> take its been removed
>
>

There’s a post in the admin section saying “they were asked for it to be removed”

Unless there was posts on there that were untrue it seems a tad sensitive, but even so it shows the influence over the forum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 07:48

The fact it’s been removed shows it’s pretty clear it did happen. Clubs rotten from top to bottom right now

[IP address logged]
 Re: The Board…….. shoul
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 08:31

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 30 Aug 07:48

The fact it’s been removed shows it’s pretty clear it did happen. Clubs rotten from top to bottom right now

That's quite a hysterical and illogical conclusion you've arrived at, parsfan97. 🙂

How do you know it was someone from "the club" who asked for it to be removed? It could have been me, for all you know. (Rest assured - it wasn't, just making a point.)

Recent results and performances have been very poor. Some decisions which the BoD have made may also turn out to be poor, but none of this makes the club "rotten from top to bottom". Far from it - the club is run by genuine fans who are trying their very best to take it forward, but they won't always get everything right and sometimes they'll even get quite a few wrong.

The problem is getting out of the Championship with limited resources is very difficult, but it can be done. Once we're in the Premiership there will be more sponsorship available and we should be able to consolidate our status. First we have to get there, though.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 09:19

You honestly believe we have limited resources? Pathetic we are still saying this, not like the manager hasn’t been backed this transfer window. I’d say outside Kilmarnock we probably have the 2nd highest wage budget, of course I’m just speculating but I’d say we are at least top 3 highest spenders. GG to me the club are more interested in thanking sponsors and getting pictures with match balls than actually addressing the rather concerning position we are in at the moment

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 09:26

`GG to me the club are more interested in thanking sponsors and getting pictures with match balls than actually addressing the rather concerning position we are in at the moment`

Did you miss the bit where the board secured outside investment with a view to acquiring our own training facility and establishing a youth academy?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 09:28

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 30 Aug 08:31

The problem is getting out of the Championship with limited resources is very difficult, but it can be done. Once we're in the Premiership there will be more sponsorship available and we should be able to consolidate our status. First we have to get there, though.....

Would accept that argument if we were sitting 2nd or 3rd, atleast looking competent but maybe just a wee bit behind other teams with bigger budgets. As it is, teams like part time Arbroath & a Patrick thistle team who only just scraped their way out of league 1 last season.. are coming to east end and absolutely wiping the floor with us. I’d imagine we have a pretty comfortable championship budget, our wage budget will absolutely dwarf the likes of Arbroath. The problem is poor decision after poor decision means we are wasting that hard earned money. Our gaffer is a clown & our squad is comically imbalanced.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 13:00

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 30 Aug 09:19

You honestly believe we have limited resources? Pathetic we are still saying this, not like the manager hasn’t been backed this transfer window. I’d say outside Kilmarnock we probably have the 2nd highest wage budget, of course I’m just speculating but I’d say we are at least top 3 highest spenders. GG to me the club are more interested in thanking sponsors and getting pictures with match balls than actually addressing the rather concerning position we are in at the moment

It's all relative, mate. We certainly have limited resources compared to the Premiership clubs, who get significant sums of money from sponsorship, whereas lower league clubs get peanuts. Of course we get decent crowds compared to most of our league rivals and we have the added income from Lifeline, but the parachute payment for the relegated clubs will give them an advantage. Of course even more important than the budget itself is how well you spend it and I fully understand that many fans will be of the opinion that it could have been better spent. With the benefit of hindsight, the BoD may even arrive at a similar conclusion. 🙂

I'm guessing you were just letting your frustration get the better of you when you posted that "the club was rotten from top to bottom"?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 13:02

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 29 Aug 11:39

AJ and SC were not unmitigated disasters despite a few on here being determined to re-write history.

Losing Callum Morris and Nicky Clark was massive, never really kicked on from there with AJ.

The general stubborness and reluctance to make subs and change things up untill it was far too late in games didn't help either !

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Mon 30 Aug 13:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 13:19

Are you saying it was AJ`s fault that Morris and Clark accepted better offers from elsewhere? (McManus and Aird also fell into that category). AJ brought these players to the club but having to replace all four at the same time within our budget was impossible.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 13:25

It was me who asked for the thread to be removed - due to the fact a similar one had appeared on the East End Bounce forum and the named fan himself asked a member of their admin to remove it from there - which it was.

I just didn`t think it was appropriate for a thread to run on this forum when theirs had been removed at his request.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 14:18

GG why are you comparing us to teams in the league above? It’s pretty clear they will have better financial rewards than us atm, surely you should be comparing us to teams in this league? We haven’t been a top flight team for nearly 10 years so bit pointless comparing us to them, I’m more concerned that teams with lesser resources than us are coming to EEP and turning us over as easy as you like. Maybe the rotten from top to bottom was a bit OTT, but it feels like to me we are just running a social club for some people at the club who think they can Chuck on a DAFC suit and do as they please. As I’ve said on other threads, it’s time we stopped certain board members just wining and dining their pals at hospitality suites and concentrate on football matters

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 14:29

I would rather have Stevie back than continue with Grant. IMO, if Stevie had been given the same funds as Grant we would have a better team, IE no Graham, Deniz or Dorrans. Probably the board are now wondering what do we do now, stick and get relegated or put up with the floodlights and get rid the imposter.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 14:34

Things truly are bad if we want a manager back that got us pumped 5-1 and dumped out the play offs from the wee team

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 15:43

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 30 Aug 14:18

GG why are you comparing us to teams in the league above? It’s pretty clear they will have better financial rewards than us atm, surely you should be comparing us to teams in this league? We haven’t been a top flight team for nearly 10 years so bit pointless comparing us to them, I’m more concerned that teams with lesser resources than us are coming to EEP and turning us over as easy as you like. Maybe the rotten from top to bottom was a bit OTT, but it feels like to me we are just running a social club for some people at the club who think they can Chuck on a DAFC suit and do as they please. As I’ve said on other threads, it’s time we stopped certain board members just wining and dining their pals at hospitality suites and concentrate on football matters

I'm only quoting the money the Premiership clubs get to illustrate how loaded the dice are in favour of these clubs. I reckon it's harder for us to be promoted than to consolidate in the Premiership. In previous seasons, we've competed against the likes of Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee and Dundee Utd. No big city teams this season, but Killie and Hamilton have the parachute payment, so it'll be tough for the other clubs to finish above them. Having said that, our current league position makes all of the above a tad irrelevant. ☹

Believe me, I'm every bit as frustrated as you, but you were a bit quick to jump in and accuse the directors of asking Brian to remove a thread.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 19:36

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 30 Aug 13:19

Are you saying it was AJ`s fault that Morris and Clark accepted better offers from elsewhere? (McManus and Aird also fell into that category). AJ brought these players to the club but having to replace all four at the same time within our budget was impossible.

He's not said that was AJ's fault at any point.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 20:43

Sorry, but I found it a bit ambiguous in the context of the entire post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 20:46

GG Riva, just for clarity it was an individual that asked for a thread to be removed.
I thought I was being helpful by posting that info (as people would wonder where it went). best to say nothing (but then people think you`re high and might by not getting back to people - you can`t win)

I`ve had no qualms about some posts getting deleted if there is rude abusive, slanderous, or I get solicitors calls. there is always plenty other chat on here where most people are at least trying to be constructive to compensate for any such posts that get removed.

It seems very easy for some individuals to suggest that I am rotten to the core.
the thing that is "rotten to the core" is anonymous poster making wild accusations and unsubstatiated statements.

people blame dafc.net, but it is nothing to do with DAFC.net, it`s down to the people who post.

Post Edited (Mon 30 Aug 20:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 31 Aug 08:18

Well said Brian. "Rotten to the core " was a very unfortunate choice of of words.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net