DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The gulf in ability
Topic Originator: 1600E  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 17:49

I think it was clear to see today that there is a gulf in ability, I thought at times it was men against boys. Campell`s team was well organised they all knew their jobs and had pace when it mattered. We continually punted high balls to one player, never won a second ball. Some of these players in my opinion are playing in the wrong division

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The gulf in ability
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 17:56

On paper our squad looks good, then you see the way we play and you’d think we had a bunch of amateurs

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 18:21

Problem appears to be there is some cracking part time players out there who earn more from 2 jobs than we can afford to play for us. They have all the hunger and dick will go through them if needed. Team togetherness is always big with campbells team, our manager has blamed the players every chance he’s had this season.

Well that and grant thinks tactics are minty sweets.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 20:14

Sorry Toddyrov, can`t say I agree - there are some good players for sure but it is really unbalanced, the centre half options and goalkeepers are ropey if we`re being generous and some of the better players don`t seem to fit into whatever system the manager wants to play.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 28 Aug 20:22

That’s fair enough kelty. I more look at it like this

Comrie-good
Watson was utds best defender when we got him but that’s still to be seen..
Dow-good
Kennedy-good
Todorov- top goal scorer at previous club
Wighton can score
Ohara top goal scorer at Alloa
Thomas poty last year

However then you see them play and think ok somethings wrong here, has he lost the dressing room, who knows ?

I do agree with you about the balance thought, I just think there’s enough there to get something out of them. A centre defensive midfielder is really needed imo as teams just walk through us. Oh and a change of manager

Effe
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net