DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Has it finally come to this?
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 03:58

I never thought that I would ever say this. But, it is almost getting to the point now where I genuinely wonder if I can be bothered following the Pars anymore.

It is 56 years since i attended my first Pars game... and I can see that spark that has kept alive through great, good, bad and sometimes utterly horrible days is fast flickering out.

I don`t think I can take any more games like that. There is already enough going on in the world to get thoroughly depressed about...

:(

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Has it finally come to this?
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 07:41

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 07:43

I’m no there yet but it does all feel pretty aimless right now. Nothing worse than watching a bunch of players who don’t seem to care and a manager who doesn’t seem to have a clue.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 07:53

I've got a couple more league games in me. If no improvement then I'll not be back untill there is a change. Said in another thread that I'm hopefull this is our blip and we go on a winning run. Being extremely optimistic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:00

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:18

Winning the league was the target this season and we’re 11 pts behind already after 4 games…deary me.

Post Edited (Sun 29 Aug 08:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:20

Totally agree OzPar. I`ve been watching the Pars for over 50 years and never felt so disillusioned with the club as I do just now, particularly after yesterday`s performance. Like most fans, I was full of hope at the start of the season for us, with a new manager, to finally make a push for the league title this season. To be honest I was concerned with our defence going back to the pre season friendlies when we couldn`t even manage to keep clean sheets against Spartans and Civil Service Strollers. Although defensive errors are costing us dearly in every game, it must be difficult when you have a keeper behind you week in week out, that you have no confidence in, and It`s a total mystery to me why Grant would sign Memhet, let alone on a 2 year deal. 3 games into the league campaign and I`ve already given up any hope of winning the title. Like you I`ve seen loads of ups and downs over the years. I accept it`s part and parcel of being a Pars fan. But yesterday was totally unacceptable, especially the second half when we just gave up and meekly accepted our fate without a fight, and I felt particularly sorry for fans that have travelled long distances from the north of Scotland or England to watch that performance. Peter Grant was never the right man for the job from the start but everyone was impressed with his positivity in his interviews, which unfortunately have not been transferred on to the pitch. No doubt that Grant should be dismissed immediately, but dreadful managerial decisions by the board over the past few years have cost the club dearly, and big changes are needed urgently at managerial and boardroom level, otherwise it looks like it will be a real struggle to remain in the championship this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:52

I have to admit I’m feeling similar. It’s frustrating that the board keep making bad decisions and basically throwing away opportunities to challenge for the league or at least make an attempt. It was clear the majority of fans didn’t want Grant but McArthur gave it to him anyway as obviously he knows best.

After the covid season my season ticket for the main stand is the most expensive it’s been in years. I can accept its more expensive because of covid but if you are charging those sorts of prices you should be putting up a fight for the league. Yesterday we played a part time team who dominated us for about the entire game. We’d be as well going part time and charging the same as they do because they damn sure had more hard work and desire yesterday on the park.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:41

For the last 4/5 seasons I`ve been picking and choosing the games I go to, and even then I`ve been p`d off with far more games than I`ve enjoyed.
It`s golf on a Saturday for me these days, I`ll only go to the odd game when the summer golf season is over.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:45

Got a season ticket for the first time in a few years for this season and what a mistake that’s turned out to be! So even if I don’t go the club still have the cash so they won’t be arsed either way

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parnear  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:49

Well said Ozpar. I sat there yesterday thinking ..why do I put myself through this? A lot of people have since lockdown found other things to do with their Saturdays and their hard earned cash. I really can’t see how based on current form the pars are ever going to attract these people back to EEP. I’ve got my season ticket but I won’t be back until sweeping changes take place.

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:59

I used to get really upset when we lost and it spoiled my Saturday. Didn`t even bother me that much yesterday. Still got a season ticket but go more to catch up with mates. The buzz has gone for me. Maybe it`s an age thing but after 50 years of going home and away it`s becoming a chore
The crowd yesterday was a lot less than I expected on a nice day. Guess a lot of others are feeling the same way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:44

My wee boy has just turned 5. He loves playing football and I’m taking him to his first ever live match next week at Hampden but I’m seriously unsure whether I’d ever take him to watch a Pars match. It certainly won’t be at the moment. Who’d enjoy watching that enough to want to come back? It’s proper poison.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 13:10

Don`t worry folks. A hard core of fans will keep turning up, buying match tickets, season tickets and perhaps contributing to the lifeline so one day in the future when we start winning again you`ll have a team to come back and watch if you can manage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 13:12

Apathy is going to kill our club if this is allowed to continue, even the boos at the end towards Grant were muted.

I have been going all my life and have see a few poor sides of which this one ranks amongst them, no fight and a manager who seemed passionate at Alloa sits back in his chair for most of the match.

Something has to change quickly or we are in deep trouble.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 13:14

1985Par wrote:

> Don`t worry folks. A hard core of fans will keep turning up,
> buying match tickets, season tickets and perhaps contributing
> to the lifeline so one day in the future when we start winning
> again you`ll have a team to come back and watch if you can
> manage.
>
>

In League 1
Accept mediocrity and that`s all you`ll get.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net