DAFC.net
Home 08 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The German Investors
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 05:05

I am sincerely hoping that once they are around rhe club a wee bit more, they can sort out what perhaps the problems are. It is needing sorting out asap.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The German Investors
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 06:14

Yes, Steaua, I completely agree with you. There is a crisis at the club, and that is no exaggeration. There is something seriously amiss for the players to put in such a lacklustre performance as that.

The club will have made some good money out of the Ibrox debacle. Use that money to fund the immediate replacement of this manager and any other actions deemed urgent.

On the back of an envelope, here`s some key action points:-

1. Dismiss Peter Grant now.

2. Thomas Meggle to stand in as manager until Christmas, to closely review the performance and effectiveness of the coaches and players, and be instrumental in devising a sustainable succession plan.

3. Call an emergency meeting of the DAFC board to bring to the surface the concerns that are currently being expressed by fans over the performance of the team, no confidence in the board, and the fast diminishing support base.

4. Spill the board and hold a shareholders` vote on the makeup of the new board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 09:22

Absolutely Ozpar. . Superb post .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:21

Not sure Meggle would be the answer. He hasn't managed in years and his managerial career was fairly brief.

Though I'm not sure if he could be any worse than Grant!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 10:23

No way would Meggle be worse than Grant. Forrest Gump would do a better job than him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:20

`Spill the board and hold a shareholders` vote on the makeup of the new board.`

Who do you think the shareholders are?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:23

I am a shareholder.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:25

Quote:

OzPar, Sun 29 Aug 06:14

Yes, Steaua, I completely agree with you. There is a crisis at the club, and that is no exaggeration. There is something seriously amiss for the players to put in such a lacklustre performance as that.

The club will have made some good money out of the Ibrox debacle. Use that money to fund the immediate replacement of this manager and any other actions deemed urgent.

On the back of an envelope, here`s some key action points:-

1. Dismiss Peter Grant now.

2. Thomas Meggle to stand in as manager until Christmas, to closely review the performance and effectiveness of the coaches and players, and be instrumental in devising a sustainable succession plan.

3. Call an emergency meeting of the DAFC board to bring to the surface the concerns that are currently being expressed by fans over the performance of the team, no confidence in the board, and the fast diminishing support base.

4. Spill the board and hold a shareholders` vote on the makeup of the new board.

Quality post
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:29

Meggle as DOF to stead the ship. He did that at st Pauli too.

Post Edited (Sun 29 Aug 11:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:37

We listened to the two guys spout about how they want to attract as many people to eastend as possible... Bring your family and friends their friends also... As far as I am concerned they are going about this wrong, and whats going on each weekend is going to drive fans away never mind attract them, and I am season ticket holder who stays through the west of Scotland and travels a 3 hour round trip for home games. Our games so far us like watching a horror movie from behind a pillow with no signs of getting better, Peter grants interviews week in week out are the same... We`re doing it on the training pitch blah blah blah... All of its nonsense he`s lost thst dressing room for whatever reason it shows with the lack of interest shown by the players especially yesterday`s nonchalant efforts.. Something needs done now before we loose the fans completely, but get the basics done right on the pitch first and if tha means loosing Peter grant then do be it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:37

I`m a shareholder too, steaua, but the majority of shares are held by the board, in particular the German investors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:24

... which is really the point of all this, wee eck.

The Germans hold about three-quarters of the shares and, therefore will have about three-quarters of the votes.

They should decide the size of the board and the bulk of its make-up. Ask the questions: Are there too many people on the board right now? Do the board members have the appropriate skill sets, etc.?

The German investors largely have a shipping industry background. Shipping is cyclical, boom and bust. I doubt that another industry comes close when having to think with a long-term view.

These guys will be used to planning their strategies 20 years ahead, not 20 weeks, as most football club boards do.

I have faith that they will steer us through this. They will be ruthless when they have to be. And it is pretty obvious that they have to be pretty darn soon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:33

Oz, I was questioning how having a shareholders` vote on the make-up of the board was going to change anything. It seemed a bizarre suggestion from someone like you who I thought had a business background. I`d be surprised if the German investors aren`t addressing the matters you raised.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 13:24

I am at a total loss as to what you are trying to say, wee eck. From a business perspective, there is nothing unusual or controversial in what I am suggesting.

And yes, I would be very surprised indeed if the Germans were not very much on top of these issues today...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 13:28

If I understand what you`re saying, you`re proposing the shareholders, the vast majority of whom are on the board, should vote on the make-up of the board. How is that going to change anything?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 14:25

Okaaaaaay, a completely invented scenario...

Emergency Board Meeting...

Much debate... problems highlighted... the view is expressed that there are too many board members... another view is expressed that some board members are not sufficiently pulling their weight... the question is then posed: should we spill the board?... a show of hands favours a spill - if it hadn`t, one of the Germans would have challenged the result and requested a vote based on board member`s shareholdings... a German proposes the board be reduced in number... all directors are asked to submit to the chairman by Wednesday a single page document outlining the reasons why they should retain their position on the board... it is agreed that an email be sent to all shareholders inviting them to an Extraordinary General Meeting on Friday night where they will be invited to take part in a vote on the makeup of the new board. The email contains all the individual directors` reasons to be retained...

Extraordinary General Meeting...

The chairman and each director are given an opportunity to speak to the audience for two minutes... a vote based on each individual`s shareholding is held... the votes are announced... a chairman is formally appointed... a company secretary is appointed... a vote of thanks... the meeting is closed...

Under corporate law, wee eck, all shareholders are entitled to vote in elections for board members.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 14:59

Quote:

OzPar, Sun 29 Aug 14:25

Okaaaaaay, a completely invented scenario...

Emergency Board Meeting...

Much debate... problems highlighted... the view is expressed that there are too many board members... another view is expressed that some board members are not sufficiently pulling their weight... the question is then posed: should we spill the board?... a show of hands favours a spill - if it hadn`t, one of the Germans would have challenged the result and requested a vote based on board member`s shareholdings... a German proposes the board be reduced in number... all directors are asked to submit to the chairman by Wednesday a single page document outlining the reasons why they should retain their position on the board... it is agreed that an email be sent to all shareholders inviting them to an Extraordinary General Meeting on Friday night where they will be invited to take part in a vote on the makeup of the new board. The email contains all the individual directors` reasons to be retained...

Extraordinary General Meeting...

The chairman and each director are given an opportunity to speak to the audience for two minutes... a vote based on each individual`s shareholding is held... the votes are announced... a chairman is formally appointed... a company secretary is appointed... a vote of thanks... the meeting is closed...

Under corporate law, wee eck, all shareholders are entitled to vote in elections for board members.

“Invented” is the word. All shareholders are, as you say, entitled to a vote, but DAFC Fussball GmbH hold 75% of the votes, so in reality that company decides. That company has already said that they asked the current directors to commit to staying on. The law requires 14 days notice for a general meeting.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 15:16

Managers have been terrible since giving aj a 2 year deal the person who was in charge or definitely overseeing these decisions is a big part of the problem.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 15:26

MC, yes of course it was an invented scenario.

I take your point on the 14 days notice for Scotland. That time varies from country to country. I seem to recall it being seven in Ireland, for example. But, that really has little or no impact on my fundamental argument.

As for your specific points, board dynamics change according to circumstances, and warm assurances given one day can be quickly rescinded the next.

The reality is that the Germans hold the cards now and wouldn`t you know it? Some folk at EEP have gone and cocked things up just when they were expected to deliver on their promises...

There will be consequences.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 15:31

Thanks, MC. I was beginning to wonder if seven years` retirement had dimmed my memory of company law. Maybe it`s different in the Land of Oz?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 22:21

[SHAKES HEAD IN BEWILDERMENT...]

Wee Eck, I reckon you would look to start a fight in a Trappist Monastery...

:)

Post Edited (Sun 29 Aug 23:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 22:51

Sorry; if you say something I think is daft I`m going to challenge it. It`s nothing to do with starting a fight.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net