DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Board Statement
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 07:49

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Board Statement
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:20

Not a chance of a board statement, thats like saying " we got it wrong again"

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 08:40

He only gives board statements when he wants to blame the fans for something.

When the going gets tough at the Pars we like to blame the fans for bad results.

Post Edited (Sun 29 Aug 08:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 09:04

More chance of Peter Grant getting us promoted than getting a statement from McArthur. As The Boss has said he only issues statements when he wants to blame the fans for things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 09:17

I find this thread quite sickening, it is nothing but a personal attack on Ross McArthur. If certain people think they can do as much for the pars..........then post your names here please.!

Post Edited (Sun 29 Aug 09:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:04

Do you know what I find sickening? Dunfermline sitting bottom of the league after three games. Losing two of them at home 3-0.

I also find it sickening how our loyal fan base are being shafted year on year.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:36

I'm with Marv on this one, Ross will be hurting just as much if not more than anyone on dot net.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 11:45

It takes a brave man to admit his mistakes. The board have got this one very wrong and need to fix it quickly

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:04

We were all taken in by Grant`s chat let`s face it.

I`d have a lot of respect for the board if they admit their mistake and decide to bin him now.

I was for the guy but he can`t walk the walk unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:20

Problem bow is that grant has saddled the next man with quite a few longer term signings who are already proving to be not good enough.

What’s left in the kitty once he’s paid off so the next man can get some decent players in?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:33

Gaz3822 NO we were not all taken in by his waffle, but as the decision was made some were prepared to let him walk the walk. Now these fans want him to walk, this time away from EEP. Hopefully he will do it sooner rather than later.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CAPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:35

On one hand, Ross McArthur stepped in as a successful businessman and a fan to help save the club after the Masterton debacle and should always retain a huge amount of respect for the job he did, and continues to do, on that front.

On the other hand, he's a supporter the same as everyone on here and therefore is no more an expert in appointing a manager than any poster on this site, as shown by his last 3 managerial decisions.

A 2yr contract for Johnston, appointing Crawford with no recruitment process about 20min after Johnston exited the building and he's now been taken in by a slavering narcissist.

It's not, and shouldn't be, a personal attack on McArthur but an honest critique of the decisions he's made on the football side.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:46

And what part did the rest of the Board take in these decisions?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 12:55

CAPar hits the nail on the head here. McCarthur needs to be judged purely on his footballing decisions and not on him being a nice guy, a pars fan or a guy who helped save the club. Needs to be decisive and end this project before it gets too late or he is unfortunately unfit to fulfill his duties as Chairman. No personal attack at all, just pure fact. The same board has been in place through this and they elect Ross to act on their behalf, that is their involvement. McCarthur is an extension of their collective decision making.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:21

OK RossDAFC , I'll bite ..... Ross McArthur is way out of his depth?
This is the chairman that gave Crawford a managers Job.. who was a manager way out his depth????
Who managed to sign a player that when transferred the following season got our 2nd highest ever transfer fee EVER...oh wait , the same useless chairman agreed a 30% sell on clause. Which basically means Ross McArthur who knows feck all about football has kept our club alive since 2013

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:33

Indeed CAPar, but I would argue the lack of a CV provided by Grant would send even David Brent running for cover. That level of arrogance and he walked right into the job.

Is it naivety? Is it being too trusting? Is it remembering that and how grant played for Celtic I don’t know but McArthur has been had hook line and sinker.

I have confidence in the Germans though, they are fresh to the club and will be identifying things now they can visit Dunfermline etc. They won’t want to see their investment in this club be squandered.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:35

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Heinz57  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:39

Good post EEP

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:48

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:01

What ever the problem is and there is a problem somewhere it needs sorting .
As fans you look to the chairman (board) to correct the things that are wrong.
Unfortunately the things that are going wrong are things that the chairman (board) have brought on themselves with manager choices , players contracts etc.
It`s just not good enough ,maybe the time has come for the top to have a good look at themselves and admit to the fans they have got it wrong before it`s too late.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:10

Of course I feel for Ross McArthur, the burden will feel much worse for him but he should admit he's made a big mistake being taken in by Peter Grant's talk and the bravado about not even having to apply for the job.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:18

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:21

Quote:

EEP, Sun 29 Aug 19:18

Totally Agree AAPS. Maybe Ross can get a bit more help from the investors….. a change of board maybe required aswell and get rid of the deadwood.
The Germans will have a plan in place and it must detail they see how the club should be run….. I would expect big changes on this side if the training/academy set up will go ahead.

It’s went downhill as soon as the Gerries arrived , are they a problem ????
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:43

`On the other hand, he`s a supporter the same as everyone on here and therefore is no more an expert in appointing a manager than any poster on this site, as shown by his last 3 managerial decisions.`

I love the irony of that post on a forum for football fans! It`s why I don`t take anything posted on here very seriously.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:47

I agree with 90% guys...but Craw could have had 10 years in div2 before getting his DREAM job at EEP.

I honestly believe our biggest problem is our fans that believe that because we have an average attendance that is higher than 30% of the Premier league in Scotland that we should walk the championship.

Forever black and and white, we are all hurting but the board have backed whoever they have given the job. We are now in the position that Ross McArthur is getting abuse for bringing in a new manager, who by all accounts seemed to be hired by our new German investors. (Or as they should be known......Our new OWNERS).

The question that should br asked is......Do pars fans want Ross McArthur in charge of the club HE (we) love or do we want to be Dunfermline to be run by a group of foreign owners who knows nothing about being a Dunfermline supporter.

I know what I'd prefer..

Before I go ... Can anyone on Dot Net name a club in Scotland ... naw Britain...naw fecck it Europe where their fans were onside with their boards last 3.....naw feck it again 2 appointments

Post Edited (Sun 29 Aug 19:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:49

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 29 Aug 19:43

`On the other hand, he`s a supporter the same as everyone on here and therefore is no more an expert in appointing a manager than any poster on this site, as shown by his last 3 managerial decisions.`

I love the irony of that post on a forum for football fans! It`s why I don`t take anything posted on here very seriously.

It might have been ironic if I'd suggested a replacement.

It was a mistake, as was giving Johnston a new 2yr deal, and giving Crawford the job without any sort of recruitment process. All of those things seem pretty clear

Don't you get tired jumping to the defence of the club anytime there's even a shred of criticism?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 20:12

I like giving the benefit of the doubt to people who can`t come on here and defend themselves. When people make a decision I have doubts about my first reaction is usually `I wonder why they decided that?` rather than `They don`t know what they`re doing`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 20:40

Being critical of someone, or a decision they've made, doesn't mean that anyone thinks they don't know what they're doing.

Ross McArthur has done an excellent job on many fronts since taking over but his (and the board's) managerial choices have been fairly poor the last 3 times he/they have made a decision. That doesn't take away from all the other good they've done for the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 21:07

After we gave AJ a two year contract for scrsping us into the playoffs, RM seemed to accept hed ****** up by giving Jakcie McNarara some role.

Hoaever since then he gave the role to Crawford without any process, before giving the role to Grant for whatever reason

RM is absolutely horrendous, awful, stinking at actually taking the club forward with regards to footbling decisions, it's telling when our old GM is scathing in his view of the club. We're an absolute joke when it comes to running the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 21:29

Ross McArthur has done a great job, we are now in good place financially compared to when he stepped up during our bleakest period in our clubs history.

Unfortunately he won’t get the recognition that he deserves as we aren’t performing at a level we feel we should be.

It’s now time for Ross and the ‘hangers on’ to take a back seat and let our new owners run the the club in a more professional manner.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 21:56

Grant..less than 10 years ago we were bankrupt, you say our chairman is horrendous.
A year before we went tits up , Craig Whyte took over Rangers. He was a crook

A year or so later Charles Green took over at Ibrox. Another crook (altho cleared of no wrong doing while chairman at rangers).

New owner at rangers ... Dave King (not allowed to be chairman because of tax evasion in SA).
If this happened at any other club in Scotland (except Celtic) the team would now be defunct.

The Glasgow giants are alteady reportedly over £20m in debt

We have a chairman who is Dunfermline daft and is steering our club in the right direction.

)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 22:02

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 22:12

Absolutely MDCCCLXXXV.

One for EEP, who would you have in place of Ross McArthur as Chairman. Genuinely interested.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 22:23

I don`t understand how he is steering us in the right direction? He may be a passionate supporter but we have went backwards since finishing in the playoffs under Johnston. We made extremely unambitious appointments replacing him with Crawford along with Shields and Dair (heroes as players granted but two of them failed badly in past managerial jobs) and then replaced him with an even more ridiculous appointment in Grant, who has zero evidence to prove he has been a decent manager - in fact more people see him as a laughing stock. How is that the right direction? Smaller clubs than us have punched above their weight for years because they have chairman who make the right calls on a footballing front. Ours has not. How can so many fans predict appointing Grant will be a disaster but the chairman does not? It baffles me. The attendance was awful yesterday and it will just get worse and more toxic if nothing is done to change things.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 22:28

I don’t understand this enthusiasm for the German owners. What makes them so much better than Ross McArthur in terms of running a football club? They certainly speak well, in a second language lest we forget, but so does Peter Grant up to a point in his Glaswegian Scots. Ross McArthur’s commitment to DAFC goes beyond money: does theirs? I don’t know. Is it a hobby? A genuine desire to develop a game they love? An awareness of a gap in the market regarding developing players? A need for prestige? A tax dodge? There are plenty of football clubs in Germany.

I have never had explained what made them decide to invest in DAC. As a Pars fan living abroad I know that the Pars are well regarded across Scottish football- many are the Celtic and Rangers fans who speak well of their days out at EEP. They usually say we should be in the top tier. I agree naturally. But why us? Why not St. Johnstone, or Motherwell or Kilmarnock? Was it some special chemistry between Ross McArthur and the Hamburg shipping men? If so fine, but our results have actually been worse since they appeared on the scene.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 23:14

The investors provide much needed funds to help us progress. I'd hope that funding includes being able to pay off crap managers. I suspect the lack of funds is one reason we we had cheap managers who stayed longer than any fan hoped.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 10:11

We could give grant the benefit of the doubt and assume he’s more of a hard taskmaster and that the existing players are struggling to take to him and they will come round in time.

Until you realise it was grant who signed mehmet and dorrans on 2 year deals and brought in Graham on loan.

These guys alone are sinking him!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 30 Aug 10:42

I refuse to believe that Graham Dorrans has morphed into a dud overnight, sorry. Fair point about the keeper tho, he looks like a dud & I really hope that`s not the case.

Read Paul Watsons` interview on COWS. It tells me everything I need to know & it speaks volumes about what at least one of our senior players thinks about PG.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net