DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 vs Arbroath
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 15:38

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First%20Team&D=2021-08-28&ID=2208&h=1

match up now
Peter Grant up now.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: vs Arbroath
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 16:12

First goal is a lot worse seeing it again. Basic save from a keeper.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 16:48

NikNakPar wrote:

> First goal is a lot worse seeing it again. Basic save from a
> keeper.

Horrible, missed it with his hands and bounces off his knee. I`d have liked to have seen the early penalty claim from Arbroath.
I think Todorov`s disallowed goal is down to Gaston catching and not punching.
The miss from Todorov in the 2nd half at 2-0 is a bad one.

The defending on all 3 goals is poor, 1st goal you need to be following the striker in, 2nd goal horrible marking and the final goal pause the highlights at 7.24 and look at the state of the defence.

The team need something in the middle of the park, Dorrans and Pybus not up to it and playing one of your better players in Thomas there is such a waste.
We have the front line for this league, those 3 stand up to anything else in the league. However the supply isn`t there and at the same time the defence is getting no protection. Watson is capable and Vytas ought to be good enough for Scottish Championship.

If they are standing by Grant they need to make funds available for two midfielders who can provide both cover to the back line and some ability to build play, at this stage I`d have thought they have to look down south for that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 17:13

“God willing”

Even him in that team under your stewardship wouldn’t get us a league win Mr Pointer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:51

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sun 29 Aug 16:12

First goal is a lot worse seeing it again. Basic save from a keeper.

Watson let's the guy tap in and stood and watched him. Hope he is ashamed of himself.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 18:57

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:05

Judging by the highlights we were lucky to keep the score down to 3. Grant has talked about not being able to legislate for individual errors but there is a collective mindset amongst the Pars defenders that offers the opposition chances. The first goal was obviously the keeper’s fault- he treated a skittering effort that bounced twice like it was Barnes Wallis’ bouncing bomb- but no defender followed up the weak effort whilst an Arbroath forward did. The other goals we lost were similar with our defenders reacting slowly rather than showing any anticipation: our full backs struggled to block crosses and the central defenders stood flat footed when the ball came into the box.

To me this is more about lack of understanding than individual errors. When Arbroath punted a long ball there was uncertainty about who was to attack the ball and who was to provide cover. And some of the attempts to hold an offside line looked amateurish. A full- time side should be better organised at the back than this.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 29 Aug 19:20

I was right behind the shot for the first goal and he looked pretty far out. From the video he was well over 30 yards. The disappointing thing is that if Mehmet had been scrambling across his goal he'd have turned it round the post. But he had it covered and it was just amateur handling.
Vitas should have dealt with goals 2 and 3 but Watson's inability to stop the cross ball for the 3rd was very poor to put it mildly.
Its true to say that they don't look a happy bunch and Thomas's horrible 45 mins summer it up for me.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net