DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Vaccine Passports coming to football?
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 16:20

Covid passports could be introduced in Scotland if approved by MSPs at Holyrood.

Nicola Sturgeon announced during her statement to the Scottish Parliament earlier today that members will debate and vote for the introduction of vaccine passports across the country.

The First Minister is proposing people should have to show the certification in a number of settings including heading into a nightclub or adult entertainment venue.
Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues

• Unseated indoor live events, with more than 500 people in the audience

• Unseated outdoor live events, with more than 4,000 people in the audience

• Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Vaccine Passports coming to football?
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 16:53

So none apply to the Pars unless your in hospitality I guess

Interesting to hear what people think about this, I`m in Malta, but not in favour of this 1/ from a civil liberties point of view and 2/ from a public health point of view, it won`t make us any safer.

Not a dicky bird about our appalling public health, why our numbers are so high-ah well I suppose we just print more money and keep locking down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:01

Couldn't give two monkies. More than Happy to get it.

Post Edited (Wed 01 Sep 17:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:10

I’ll get my vax but don’t support this.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:13

Why not? Don't understand why folk get their knickers in such a twist about this. Flash a qr code in a machine, on you go. What's the big deal?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:28

I can understand the intent to nullify the virus as much as possible. There surely is concerns about civil liberties you can understand ? Both boris Johnson and Nicola sturgeon has recognised there are issues with the passport too.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:34

"Civil Liberties" Such as?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:35

Don`t see a problem, I am definitely getting one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:51

I had no hesitation in taking up the offer of vaccination, but I respect the right of individuals to exercise their personal choice. We are all being bombarded by mixed messages on MSM and social media. Who to believe?

Ordinary folk need to be educated about the benefits of having the vaccine - not by politicians but by experts in the field who have no axe to grind and have not been nobbled by our political leaders. The stats so far show that the benefits of vaccination far outweigh the risks - assuming they are accurate of course.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:57

Think all these anti vaxers/covid deniers dying, should be all the evidence you need.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 17:57

The vaccination `passports` are for:

* Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues
* Unseated indoor live events with more than 500 people in the audience
* Unseated outdoor live events with more than 4,000 people in the audience
* Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance

Given PG`s recent efforts I don`t think there is much need for QR codes at all-seater EEP just yet.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:07

Quote:

Big T Par, Wed 01 Sep 17:57

Think all these anti vaxers/covid deniers dying, should be all the evidence you need.

You’re double jabbed though right, so why does it bother you?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:11

I’m obviously not keen on this but I would’ve thought Sturgeon would’ve went further for two reasons:

1) the whole unseated/seated thing I don’t think makes much sense, can sit beside each other at EEP in close proximity, not much difference standing up surely, we all do that and rush for the exit as well.

2) an easy out for me to dodge the football, she would actually be doing me a favour at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:12

Indeed I am. Doesn't bother me at all, I was just responding to the question that GG posted, saying that ordinary folk need to be educated. Folk dying unnecessary is pretty strong evidence, no?

Post Edited (Wed 01 Sep 18:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:15

Quote:

Big T Par, Wed 01 Sep 18:12

Indeed I am. Doesn't bother me at all, I was just responding to the question that GG posted, saying that ordinary folk need to be educated. Folk dying unnecessary is pretty strong evidence, no?

Good stuff, no offence intended.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:18

Quote:

Berry, Wed 1 Sep 18:15

Quote:

Absolutely no need to apologise buddy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:28

Quote:

Big T Par, Wed 1 Sep 17:34

With you on this completely. Too many people rattling off the "Protect our Freedoms" Trumpist rt wing evangelical pihs.
Freedom to spread a deadly virus it seems.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:31

A deadly virus that the double vaccinated can also spread.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:31

Quote:

Big T Par, Wed 1 Sep 18:18

Quote:

Berry, Wed 1 Sep 18:15

Quote:

Absolutely no need to apologise buddy

Im double jabbed an I have had it,so I have antibodies galore. I could still catch it and as I would likely be asymptomatic I could pass it on to a vulnerable person. There are two exceptionally vulnerable people that rely on my assistance. They really struggled when I was isolating.

Folks need to look at the bigger picture and stop just thinking about themselves.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:40

Totally right decision for you to take it then PaRrot.

I don’t think you can say all people that don’t take the vaccine are just thinking of themselves. I thought of my family, kids, those i socially interact with.

Apologies if I’m not thinking about the chap in row G seat 64 in the Norrie McCathie though.

If I’ve miraculously picked the right seat of someone on here…no offence intended. :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:49

I think PG is a government plant to drive down the risk of COVID in Dunfermline, there won’t be any need to take precautions at EEP soon because there won’t be anyone attending if results continue in our current form

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 18:55

Quote:

1970par, Wed 01 Sep 18:49

I think PG is a government plant to drive down the risk of COVID in Dunfermline, there won’t be any need to take precautions at EEP soon because there won’t be anyone attending if results continue in our current form

He’s doing a bloody good job then!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 19:15

Can’t wait in 5 years when I go to a bar and present my card to be told “sorry you have had your 14 units this week, remember by limiting your intake you are protecting the NHS”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 19:22

I`m double jabbed, for me just made sense, and yes having vulnerable people around- simple as elderly neighbours didn`t need to think too much about that.

I still don`t see how a vaccine passport will make us any safer, it just seems ` we need to do something` and yes, it is good to question- how did that get mixed up with Trumpist nonsense?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 19:38

It’s an attempt to coerce people who are unvaccinated to get the vaccine, the main reason why they are doing it and to an extent it will work.

Post Edited (Wed 01 Sep 19:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 19:52

Wife and I already carry the Scottish government paper certificate of our vaccinations. This has been available to all of us who have been vaccinated.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 19:55

The vast majority of those getting seriously ill with covid and occupying hospital beds are unvaccinated. For the sake of those waiting for NHS treatment for other ailments it is important that unvaccinated people, given that they are considerably more likely to require a hospital bed, are kept away from crowded events, where they are most likely to catch covid. You don`t have to get a vaccine but, likewise, you don`t have to go to the football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 20:12

Quote:

1985Par, Wed 1 Sep 19:55

The vast majority of those getting seriously ill with covid and occupying hospital beds are unvaccinated. For the sake of those waiting for NHS treatment for other ailments it is important that unvaccinated people, given that they are considerably more likely to require a hospital bed, are kept away from crowded events, where they are most likely to catch covid. You don`t have to get a vaccine but, likewise, you don`t have to go to the football.

Exactly. Well said

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 20:13

Quote:

Berry, Wed 1 Sep 19:38

It’s an attempt to coerce people who are unvaccinated to get the vaccine, the main reason why they are doing it and to an extent it will work.

It will certainly work if the French are any sort of barometer, Berry. France had one of the lowest vaccine take ups in the EU until Macron stepped in with a similar ploy for the Green Pass, meaning without it you'd virtually be confined to your home and outdoor spaces.

On the first day, more than a million French citizens made appointments to be vaccinated.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 20:16

Folk just don't like being told what to do even if it's in their best interests.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 22:24

da_no_1 wrote:

> Folk just don't like being told what to do even if it's
> in their best interests.
>
>

Exactly this.

Anto Vaxxers do my nut in. Without vaccines we’d still have smallpox and polio and so many other horrible diseases. There are exemptions available for those who can’t have the vaccine. Your choice not to have one but then it’s our choice as a society to protect our free national health service from those choices - and that’s by reducing your ability to infect loads of people at mass gatherings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 1 Sep 23:26

Anti Vax and Anti Passport are not the same thing!

Anti Passport is seen by many as the government using legislation to add to the multiple layers of control they have over us.

Anti Vax I am not sure, reading online I can’t see a general reason

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 05:58

Correct Duloch, not the same

UK government has been surprised how readily we have followed the rules, which is good I suppose to suppress a pandemic. A little too readily though, I`m surprised how little criticism there has been of the many screw ups.

So it`s still unclear how a covid passport protects public health, other than scaring people into getting vaccinated- so we are itching for a database that tracks the entire populations movement and spending, yet it seems perfectly acceptable not to have an obesity strategy to tackle Diabetes and obesity, both of which the figures for covid deaths are through the roof.

Ach well, just print more money, follow the rules, and we will all sleep safe at night

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 07:27

The one frustrating point is folk always fall into the trap of thinking all unvaccinated to date are ‘anti-vaxxers’, quite frankly that’s not true.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 09:01

Quote:

Berry, Thu 2 Sep 07:27

The one frustrating point is folk always fall into the trap of thinking all unvaccinated to date are ‘anti-vaxxers’, quite frankly that’s not true.

This. There's a big difference between someone wanting to wait to see the longer term effects and someone who thinks we should never be vaccinated against anything.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 09:13

Well you can hang around & wait all you want, that`s your choice, just don`t expect to be able to live your life the way you used to & don`t complain that you can`t do some of the things you used to be able to.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 11:48

Think I’m entitled to do what I want to be frank. Every few days there is an article up on Sky News about a new study on the vaccine, third vaccine needed for vulnerable people now recommended and Pfizer looking to cash in with the production of a pill now..

Of the people I know a lot of them are double vaxxed and still catching it, still ill, still likely to pass on. Of those I know that have been unvaccinated, all ok so far.

Some who are considered low risk would rather just wait until more certainty is provided, nobody knows the long term effects of the vaccine so to coerce people, certainly the younger population as they are now hunting down your kids, is fundamentally wrong and they can jog on.

I applaud those that have taken the vaccine though, it’s helped (also lockdown itself) get us back into a period of normality, you can sit higher up on that moral compass and believe you’ve done the greater good and you’re bigger and better than us unvaccinated folk, you can look down on us as selfish intolerable people, whatever makes you sleep easy at night, but rest assured sleeping ok over here too.

Will not be forced into taking a vaccine until it stands the test of time and I am comfortable. Maybe they’ll start offering chippies with an extra pickled onion, will revise at that point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 12:05

"hunting down your kids"
What a load of hyperbole

"you can sit higher up on that moral compass and believe you’ve done the greater good and you’re bigger and better than us unvaccinated folk"
I don`t believe that there is another way to look at it.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 12:20

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-treatment-pill-administered-in-new-pfizer-clinical-trial-12396759

Had to find something about this Pfizer pill. They are one of several companies who have developed an anti viral treatment for covid. Monsters.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 13:07

Kids are not being "hunted down". No-one is being "hunted down".

The study released today in BMJ shows there is no clear risk to school teachers from pupils. Transmission related to schools returning is based around parents hanging around the school gates rather doing as advised and dropping off the kids and going home.

There's little need for young children to be vaccinated but the vaccine has been approved for use with them as an option. As with adults, it's not mandatory.

I understand concerns about the vaccine but the current data suggests it's incredibly safe.

I'm sure big pharma will make a fortune but that's no different to any vaccine or drug. They don't do all that research for fun.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 13:45

2/3 of the people in Scottish hospitals with covid are unvaccinated Berry. That's a fact. Not from Sky. From Jason Leitch.

You won't be entitled to "do what you want" from next month. You can say you will be all you like, you can post it on here too, but you won't be.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 17:50

Quote:

Big T Par, Wed 01 Sep 17:34

Exactly - how does getting a jag compromise civil liberties ?

NHS staff etc. don’t get a choice to treat non vaxers who (God forbid) might contract Covid having opted out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Sep 22:35

Quote:

jake89, Thu 02 Sep 13:07

Kids are not being "hunted down". No-one is being "hunted down".

The study released today in BMJ shows there is no clear risk to school teachers from pupils. Transmission related to schools returning is based around parents hanging around the school gates rather doing as advised and dropping off the kids and going home.

There's little need for young children to be vaccinated but the vaccine has been approved for use with them as an option. As with adults, it's not mandatory.

I understand concerns about the vaccine but the current data suggests it's incredibly safe.

I'm sure big pharma will make a fortune but that's no different to any vaccine or drug. They don't do all that research for fun.

We’ll see, they’re busy focussing on the 16-17 year olds just now then it will be the 12-15’s, god forbid it goes lower.

Curious about that study (yet another one) if you could share mate as I’m genuinely interested how they can come to a conclusion and prove that it’s the parents loitering about rather than the kids who can catch it and spread and were last year said to be the super spreaders..or is that something they just got wrong?

Post Edited (Thu 02 Sep 22:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Sep 07:23

Kids have never been super-spreaders. That's Daily Mail nonsense. It was shown last year that the spread occurred in the community, not the school.

Study is here

No child is being forced to receive a vaccine. It's been made available. "God forbid" a vulnerable child not have this option due to testing not having been done and the vaccine being signed off for use with 12+ year olds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: delboi  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 06:43

jake89 - if that was the case then why is Bellyeoman primary half empty?its absolutely riddled from nursery right up to P7 at the moment there was 17 off from my eldest`s class last week.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 07:14

"jake89 - if that was the case then why is Bellyeoman primary half empty?its absolutely riddled from nursery right up to P7 at the moment there was 17 off from my eldest`s class last week."

I very much doubt that every absence is due to pupils having Covid, delboi. It`s impossible to know with any certainty, but a significant proportion will be being kept at home by parents as a precaution - and rightly so - because they`ve been in close contact with a pupil who has since tested positive.

Some head teachers are also being extremely cautious and you can`t blame them. I know of one case where a child was off with the common cold and the sibling reported this to the school office. The child was sent home and the whole family was asked to take a PCR* test to rule out Covid.

*Apparently lateral flow tests are only 54% reliable.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 12:05

Quote:

delboi, Mon 6 Sep 06:43

jake89 - if that was the case then why is Bellyeoman primary half empty?its absolutely riddled from nursery right up to P7 at the moment there was 17 off from my eldest`s class last week.

It's not just the schools and nurseries "riddled". The research finds that there's no real increased risk in a school environment, not that there aren't cases in schools.

The kids also have to stay off whilst waiting to be tested so that's 2-3 days minimum off unless it's a Friday they get tested. They may also be off due to a parent or carer testing positive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 18:57

Passed tonight in the ScotGov

Ridiculous so it is.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 21:55

It is.

Look, I get I’m in the minority so not trying to pick up this debate/argument again.

JCVI have come out saying they aren’t recommending vaccinating the 12-15s. The ministers are contemplating bashing on anyway, they know better ofcourse.

They said that if they do go ahead it will be with the parents permission, days later they now take into consideration the competence of an U16 to make the choice for themselves essentially regardless of thoughts of the parent.

Articles on Sky News as well with Headlines such as:

‘Javid ‘confident’ booster jabs can start this month after AstraZeneca and Pfizer deemed safe by regulator’

That’s awfy nice to have that confirmed.

I’m also not sold on the research into schools, it’s a breeding ground for almost everything, ofcourse Covid conveniently is the exception.

Post Edited (Thu 09 Sep 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 22:19

I know i am going to get some hate for this opinion but i believe it is the best way forward.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 22:24

It doesn't sit right with me but I understand it to a point. However, will passports be required for the cinema or theatre? Surely risk of transmission is higher there than in a football stadium?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 22:29

No hate at all Chris, there’s no judgement from me, any decision or opinion you have is equally as valid, pity I can’t say this on behalf of everyone.

Aye Jake that will come eventually I imagine.

Post Edited (Thu 09 Sep 22:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 22:32

Quote:

Berry, Thu 9 Sep 21:55

I’m also not sold on the research into schools, it’s a breeding ground for almost everything, ofcourse Covid conveniently is the exception.

No it isn't 🙄 Feel free to do your own studies though.

So if schools are breeding grounds, surely you'd be supportive of offering the vaccine to young people? No?

From the studies (carried out by actual real researchers) the suggestion is that there's no more transmission in schools than anywhere else. The studies also show low risk with young people. This is exactly why the JCVI has recommended not to vaccinate non-vulnerable young people.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 22:58

I agree that younger people are of lower risk.

I agree to an extent that high schools are less of a risk.

With primary and nurseries, I’m just not convinced, sorry.

Hope these new studies and all this breaking research keeps going, just let me know when they’ve finished.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net