DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 21:14

I have to say I missed most of his time with the Pars but everytime I`ve seen him I`m struggling to see the hype.
Is it a case of rose tinted/misty eyes on here? Or more likely desperation for the sell on fee ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 21:18

Even though he didn't score tonight, his overall play was good and he set up at least 2 sitters for his team mates (one of which led to the goal). He also should have been put through for an easy chance by Dykes, but Dykes got greedy and wasted the opportunity.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 21:35

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 21:14

I have to say I missed most of his time with the Pars but everytime I`ve seen him I`m struggling to see the hype.
Is it a case of rose tinted/misty eyes on here? Or more likely desperation for the sell on fee ?


It's down to you being out the loop ,

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 21:43

ic Originator: saltonsgonagetu like | nolike
Date: Sat 4 Sep 21:35

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 21:14

I have to say I missed most of his time with the Pars but everytime I`ve seen him I`m struggling to see the hype.
Is it a case of rose tinted/misty eyes on here? Or more likely desperation for the sell on fee ?


It`s down to you being out the loop ,

...and how is that ?
At least follow up being a smartarse with a proper reply 😉

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 21:46

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 21:43

ic Originator: saltonsgonagetu like | nolike
Date: Sat 4 Sep 21:35

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 21:14

I have to say I missed most of his time with the Pars but everytime I`ve seen him I`m struggling to see the hype.
Is it a case of rose tinted/misty eyes on here? Or more likely desperation for the sell on fee ?


It`s down to you being out the loop ,

...and how is that ?
At least follow up being a smartarse with a proper reply 😉


When clubs are preparing to paying more the 4 million you are obviously on out of the loop erse

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 21:58

It`s down to you being out the loop ,

...and how is that ?
At least follow up being a smartarse with a proper reply 😉


When clubs are preparing to paying more the 4 million you are obviously on out of the loop erse

Yeah, they were queuing up for him earlier this week.

It was all papertalk and wishful thinking on here IMO
Nevermind, good to see you have done the usual .net thing where you choose to put down someone you either don`t know or don`t agree with.....jog on 👍😉

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:02

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 21:58

It`s down to you being out the loop ,

...and how is that ?
At least follow up being a smartarse with a proper reply 😉


When clubs are preparing to paying more the 4 million you are obviously on out of the loop erse

Yeah, they were queuing up for him earlier this week.

It was all papertalk and wishful thinking on here IMO
Nevermind, good to see you have done the usual .net thing where you choose to put down someone you either don`t know or don`t agree with.....jog on 👍😉


Still an erse

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:04

Trust us on this one. It's definitely you.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:05

It was all papertalk and wishful thinking on here IMO
Nevermind, good to see you have done the usual .net thing where you choose to put down someone you either don`t know or don`t agree with.....jog on 👍😉


Still an erse


Feel free to contact me once your bacardi breezers wear off.😋

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:31

Put up some real stats , paper quotes anything to back up your argument,other wise "erse"

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:41

Ha,ha ha ha ha. Thankfully I work with kids so pihs patter is spotted easily😋 .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:50

Awaiting serious stats or an argument to back up your opinion ,???

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 22:59

Don`t need stats or an "argument" to back up anything.
Put that rod away 😉
Now pipe down and let others "properly" tell me how I`m wrong.
I GENUINELY do not get the hype.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 23:09

Personally I thought he looked lost tonight….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 23:17

Heavily involved in the winner and laid one on a plate for Gilmour. Yeah totally lost.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 23:36

.....so worth millions ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 4 Sep 23:38

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 23:36

.....so worth millions ?


Why not? He's scoring regularly, plays international football and relatively young. Why the negativity?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 00:08

Was at the game so really kept my eye on him tonight. His mobility wasn't great, and he never seemed to be an option when the team got forward. A couple of good moments but felt like he fluffed his lines a bit. Saying that, my god what a donkey Dykes is. There is no way Scotland will get the best out of Nisbet while he is partnered with Dykes.

And Gilmour is just phenomenal.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 00:09

Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Sat 4 Sep 23:38

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 23:36

.....so worth millions ?


Why not? He`s scoring regularly, plays international football and relatively young. Why the negativity?

I obviously hope he does well.
On the same basis does every Macedonian, Estonian Lithuanian etc who scores a few goals in their lower leagues then play nationally expect to sell for millions?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 01:27

I think the difference between excelling at championship level and international level is huge. Dykes looked too good for QOTS but bar 1 game for Scotland hasn`t been brilliant. I think he gets s fairly regular game for QPR so not too fanciful an idea that Kev could get a move down there too. It`s not their fault we don`t have a Dalglish or a Law. Let`s just enjoy the idea we might get reasonable cash for him one day for a free transfer from the lino boys.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 07:37

Quote:

stevemac, Sun 5 Sep 00:09

Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Sat 4 Sep 23:38

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 4 Sep 23:36

.....so worth millions ?


Why not? He`s scoring regularly, plays international football and relatively young. Why the negativity?

I obviously hope he does well.
On the same basis does every Macedonian, Estonian Lithuanian etc who scores a few goals in their lower leagues then play nationally expect to sell for millions?


Pretty much, yeah. It's England....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 10:22

I hope no-one on here is a football agent. You'd be accepting bids of 50p on the basis of "ach, ah dinnae think he's worth more than a copy of the Beano..."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 10:24

“ On the same basis does every Macedonian, Estonian Lithuanian etc who scores a few goals in their lower leagues then play nationally expect to sell for millions?”

He was 2nd top scorer in the top flight last season, behind Edouard (who just sold for £15m), despite being at a club who would create fewer chances for him, than if he was at Rangers or Celtic. Your comparison is either deliberately idiotic, to get a reaction, or you just haven’t paid attention at all. Honestly, you’re on this thread accusing others of being childish, but it seems like you are trying to form an opinion/view of a player, based on his first ever start at international level, having never looked at any of his stats, never mind watched him playing before.

Scoring a goal every 190 mins for Hibs, in his first season with them/in the top flight is certainly impressive. He has a goal every 187 so far this season too. But yes, let’s compare him to someone scoring in the Macedonian lower leagues. Honestly, don’t speak down to others in the way you have been on this thread, if you’re going to be putting across such idiotic arguments/points of view.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 10:51

` Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac like | nolike
Date: Sat 4 Sep 21:14

I have to say I missed most of his time with the Pars...`

Maybe that`s a clue. One of the joys of watching football at our level is trying to spot players who may move on to greater things. 99% of the time we probably get it wrong but occasionally somebody is the real deal and we follow his career with interest.

If we ever get excited about something Pars-related though you can always depend on someone on here coming along to burst our balloon.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 12:43

This is a big season for him. Teams down South will probably want to make sure he can consistently do it in the Premiership before they pay a few million for him. 1 season looks like it wasn’t enough to convince them. It took Edouard 4 seasons scoring regularly to get a move to relegation favourites in the EPL. That shows how hard it will be for Nisbet to convince any suitors.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 15:03

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 5 Sep 10:51

` Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: stevemac like | nolike
Date: Sat 4 Sep 21:14

I have to say I missed most of his time with the Pars...`

Maybe that`s a clue. One of the joys of watching football at our level is trying to spot players who may move on to greater things. 99% of the time we probably get it wrong but occasionally somebody is the real deal and we follow his career with interest.

If we ever get excited about something Pars-related though you can always depend on someone on here coming along to burst our balloon.


It's fitba fans Eck. Same on most forums be we have our fair share of doomongers. They don't like folk with a positive mindset having an opinion and cry like babies when you challenge theirs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 15:08

I don't get home much but everytime I do I take in a live game.

He was a MUCH better player the last time i seen him live than the first. I could be totally wrong but I put that down to having Crawford as a manager and coach. His movement off the ball and timing of runs was a different level at the end. It's no wonder that hibs came in.

I think his early days at thistle there was questionable attitude but even his body shape has changed.

The boy is the real deal and with better players around him will flourish.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 22:01

I just think having Dykes alongside was a real hindrance for Nisbet. On the maybe 4 occasions when he got the ball in a useful place he created 1 goal and one golden opportunity. If we actually pressed Moldova he would've had more chances. Last night would've been perfect to try an Adams/Nisbet combo up front.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin nisbet
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 08:34

I believe Dykes on the park gave Nisbet that extra second on the ball.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net