DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Brazil v Argentina Chaos
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 21:16

Game stopped after 10 minutes after Brazilian Federal police tried to detain 4x Argentinian players for failing to disclose they are based in the UK before the game started, therefore breaking Brazilian Covid laws.

Unbelievable Jeff!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Brazil v Argentina Chaos
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 21:21

Ironic in a country where their leader, Bolsinaro, handled covid as well as Trump !

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 05 Sep 21:21)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Brazil v Argentina Chaos
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 07:01

"Ironic in a country where their leader, Bolsonaro, handled Covid as well as Trump!"

What a complete and utter shambles. I can`t believe the Brazilian police didn`t know about this before the game started, which suggests it was a cynical ploy to disrupt the visitors and pave the way for an easy win on the pitch or an even easier 3-0 win awarded "a tavolino", by FIFA.

The BBC appear to believe the game will be replayed at a later date:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58431607

I can`t imagine the clubs of the players involved would be very happy about that. It`s incumbent on FIFA to determine which country is at fault (Argentina`s coach said that they were not notified of any breaches beforehand) and award the points to the other team.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net