DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The wee team
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 08:44

Living in their chairman's head rent free.

Summary for those unable to read it on their mobile as their website isn't responsive:

- Hibs are tight
- I was up late in Bangkok
- He chose us over the Pars
- We've let him go cheap but I'll not talk numbers
- He's not getting to go until after we've played the Pars
- Dunfermline *grumble* Dunfermline
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The wee team
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 10:25

What a rambling mess

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 10:39

He seems to be a wee bit obsessed with the Pars but it was interesting he said players were favouring the Rovers over us. Where are they sourcing these players from? Are they local Fife lads or from farther afield?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 10:43

I was interested in what he said in relation to current players as what he is being told would be relayed to him by John McGlynn.
The question is whether we really believe that young players in Fife would join the wee team before the Pars, but to place these players names in the public domain is quite unprofessional and potentially disadvantageous to the young players involved. There can be many reasons for this.
For example; one of our young first team players in the promotion season from the first division didn’t have a driving licence and had to bus it to training or get a lift to take the team bus to games. Travelling to work for him would have been a lot easier to go to Raith because of where he lived.
To state individuals names in writing to make a point is just plain wrong and shows a lack of disclosure on behalf of a company head.
Maybe he has an inferiority complex. Wee team syndrome, if you must.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 10:46

Feel a bit for him as a good team is being dismantled. This always happens though, which is why teams need scouts on the look out all the time.

Still, I'm sure he has a stream of potentials ready to pick the wee team over the Pars 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 11:06

I feel sorry for them. I think we all should express our sympathy.

Hug a Rovers fan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 11:11

Nae danger. Covid would be the least worrying thing you'd need to be tested for if you did that 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 13:00

I don` think it`s an unreasonable statement - perhaps there has been supporter criticism of the club for selling its best players cheaply, based on wrong information or press reports or both.

It does give a little indication of the complexities involved in any player transfer, even a simple 2-club deal like this. When we consider that most managers (and chairmen) have to be negotiate several of this kind of deal simultaneously during each transfer window, it`s no wonder that things sometimes go wrong. It`s never as easy as the online football games make it seem!

Post Edited (Mon 06 Sep 13:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 14:02

Doesn't seem the most media or PR savvy, reminds me of wee bit of a John Yorkston statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 14:27

"What a rambling mess."

Absolutely.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 14:29

Quote:

Stanza, Mon 6 Sep 13:00

I don` think it`s an unreasonable statement - perhaps there has been supporter criticism of the club for selling its best players cheaply, based on wrong information or press reports or both.

It does give a little indication of the complexities involved in any player transfer, even a simple 2-club deal like this. When we consider that most managers (and chairmen) have to be negotiate several of this kind of deal simultaneously during each transfer window, it`s no wonder that things sometimes go wrong. It`s never as easy as the online football games make it seem!

Agree to some extent but there's no need to mention the Pars or any players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 15:19

In paragraph 5 where he states manager 4 times I think someone should take him to a writing improvement course. This openly exposes a lack of communication between him, John McGlynn and the players agent. He, being the lead responsible person in this, and being blind sided by his staff and agents seems odd that he would expose his failings in public. Was he drunk? Imagine if this was our chairman……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 18:29

“ The final decision on matters like these lies with the manager,[ in consultation with me.] He has a budget and can wheel and deal within that sum. He is responsible for performances on the pitch.”

In the statement the bits between the two brackets are in a different font, so appears it’s not just a rant, it’s a pre planned and proof read statement. Making it even more of a wittering mess.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 6 Sep 22:48

TAKFA is on the money - reminiscent of Yorkston when he was ambushed by BBC Sportsound and bad mouthed Bobo Bolde.........I could hardly believe it as he dug himself further into the hole he`d created.

Major cringe and embarrassment.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net