DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ayr v Raith
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 18:42

2-0 Raith, coming up to half time. Another couple of goals from them and we`ll be off the bottom of the league.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ayr v Raith
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 18:48

Ayr must be bad even we manged to stop Raith from scoring
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 19:52

2-0 Full Time. 2 red cards for Ayr. Muirhead and Afolabi.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 20:24

Interesting reading Ayr fans view on PnB and Somerset Road End ( on Facebook) their comments very much reflect what is being said about PG in fact its uncanny.

They want Hopkin gone and replaced by Yogi, McIntyre take your pick.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 20:48

No excuses on Saturday. We've had two weeks to prepare and Ayr are clearly shocking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 20:56

Plus the 2 Red Card Ayr players out for Saturday as well

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 22:18

Quote:

Hay Fever, Tue 07 Sep 20:56

Plus the 2 Red Card Ayr players out for Saturday as well

That could be a plus for ayr?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 22:37

I hope they stay away from Yogi. I think he`d have Ayr climbing up the table fighting for the playoffs. Must win on Saturday for us. Lose or draw and Grant has to go.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 22:40

I watched the game and we both look as bad as each other
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 7 Sep 23:33

I really don't get the fascination with Yogi. The last time he came into a side fighting relegation in this division he had an absolute meltdown on a post match interview, marginalised the players and fans and then relegated the club to that Brechin side.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 10:24

Come on we all know Grant has his excuse lined up for Saturday if we get beat with the Covid/injury’s we’ve had the past week or so

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 14:11

To be fair to Yogi, that is the only job he seriously flopped at in Scottish Football. Everywhere else he has been successful and had teams such as Falkirk and Inverness punching well above their weight. At Raith, it seemed the players had attitude problems and didn`t take well to Yogi trying to get them to play football a different way and work hard on the training ground. He would have made mistakes too but it was clear he didn`t get on with Bobby Barr and that would start things off badly if Barr was influential in the changing room.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 14:20

Isn`t it likely that any aspiring Pars` manager is likely to have at least one blot on his copybook? If he didn`t he wouldn`t be interested in managing in the Scottish Championship.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 14:33

Quote:

RossF, Wed 8 Sep 14:11

To be fair to Yogi, that is the only job he seriously flopped at in Scottish Football. Everywhere else he has been successful and had teams such as Falkirk and Inverness punching well above their weight. At Raith, it seemed the players had attitude problems and didn`t take well to Yogi trying to get them to play football a different way and work hard on the training ground. He would have made mistakes too but it was clear he didn`t get on with Bobby Barr and that would start things off badly if Barr was influential in the changing room.

While that's the only job that he's seriously flopped at, he's also not left on good terms from a job since the Falkirk one in 2009.

He wasn't successful at Livingston at all, does anyone remember his team insisting on passing it out from goal kicks, even if his defence was man marked? And then him going absolutely mental at his keeper when he tried to play it long? That was a hilarious game for us, all thanks to John Hughes.

There's major, major, major questions on how he builds squads, the Inverness Scottish Cup victory was done with a squad that Butcher built, he then progressively made it worse, including blowing a very large budget that Inverness never recovered from and would get relegated with... Hence why despite winning the Scottish Cup with Inverness no other teams would touch him.

Apart from Raith, where he came in, tried to make the squad play a manner of football they simply were not able to achieve, absolutely torched the squad in public because it absolutely wasn't his fault (sound familiar?) and then got them relegated.

But now however, people want John Hughes to take over a squad that needs some key signings, invegorate them and lead them up the table? He's cut from the exact same cloth as Peter Grant, no thanks!

It genuinely baffles me that people will big up John Hughes, and then dismiss Craig Levein.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 14:37

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 8 Sep 14:20

Isn`t it likely that any aspiring Pars` manager is likely to have at least one blot on his copybook? If he didn`t he wouldn`t be interested in managing in the Scottish Championship.

Oh absolutely! However in our position there's not a chance I'd appoint Hughes, we're in a a scarily familiar position to Raith Rovers they year they went down (Finished in the playoffs the previous season, appoint a new manager based on him charming the chairman, however is a gubbins manager) and people want to appoint John Hughes? No tah.

McIntyre and Levein both have blots on there record, both would be far better appointments.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 14:59

If we lose to Ayr on Saturday I really don’t see where our points are coming from!

If Mehmet plays, and gives away more goals from defensive errors, than really that should be it for him.

If PG goes 1st quarter of the season with the same vein of results then surely he will have to go!?

We are in the a routine of appointing managers who are not cutting it, players playing out of position. I think we had a great squad last year.

But the buck stops with the board I am afraid and after several poor appointments they have to put their hands up! What’s the answer? Well I hope the investors get involved although I don’t think the answer is a foreign manager.

As for yogi or McIntyre ….. no thanks!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 15:34

Would welcome Jim McIntyre back with open arms.

The one mistake he made was staying loyal to the players that helped us get promotion, not realising that the step-up in calibre would be an issue for them.

A mistake with large consequences ofcourse but a mistake that came from the right place, too loyal and trusting, not a bad thing to be criticised on is it. He openly acknowledged this as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 15:45

"Would welcome Jim McIntyre back with open arms.

The one mistake he made was staying loyal to the players that helped us get promotion, not realising that the step-up in calibre would be an issue for them.

A mistake with large consequences ofcourse but a mistake that came from the right place, too loyal and trusting, not a bad thing to be criticised on is it. He openly acknowledged this as well. "

Would have no issues with McIntyre. Was a lot of his `loyality` not more to do with financial constraints?

Also, totally agree with Grant on Hughes... Hibs fans I know weren`t impressed with his tenure at Easter Road either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 15:52

Or instead of the same old names being bandied about - we could go with someone from the continent.

Remember Jimmy C came from NEC Nijmegen that had just finished 8th in the Dutch League and he breathed new life into not just Dunfermline but the Scottish game as a whole. The next JC might just be out there and if he’s German then our new owners might just know of him!

In the meantime I’ll continue to back PG as long as he’s our manager

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 15:57

Classic .net! The board got it wrong with their last three appointments but the fans can`t agree on a candidate; in fact some fans` favourite is other fans` bogeyman! Maybe appointing a manager isn`t so easy after all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 16:09

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 8 Sep 15:57

Classic .net! The board got it wrong with their last three appointments but the fans can`t agree on a candidate; in fact some fans` favourite is other fans` bogeyman! Maybe appointing a manager isn`t so easy after all.

Just to confirm, I'd far rather we had appointed John Hughes than Peter Grant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 16:13

Quote:

Berry, Wed 8 Sep 15:34

A mistake with large consequences ofcourse but a mistake that came from the right place, too loyal and trusting, not a bad thing to be criticised on is it. He openly acknowledged this as well.

I think financial constraints didn't help either, our signings for the prem were Thomson on loan, Gallagher in goals, Potter at cb and Paul Burns? That was the first sign that things weren't all well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 19:18

In all honesty I thing PG will be in post until the end of season. Look at the good job that he is doing with regards Covid, the empty gaps in EEP is something wonderful indeed soon we will be looking at numbers less than 2000, by Christmas they may be down to less than 1500. The rot has set in and it will continue against Ayr. Hopefully I am wrong.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 20:31

Quote:

Grant, Wed 8 Sep 16:13

Quote:

Berry, Wed 8 Sep 15:34

I think financial constraints didn't help either, our signings for the prem were Thomson on loan, Gallagher in goals, Potter at cb and Paul Burns? That was the first sign that things weren't all well.

Correct, Grant. It wasn't so much a case of McIntyre being loyal to the squad that won promotion, but more a case of the club being skint, because their bank stopped giving them loans they were never going to be able to repay.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 20:50

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 8 Sep 15:57

They may have got it wrong this time but the previous 2 are matters of opinion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 21:02

Yes, I`ve made that case before ad nauseam, PARrot. I was just paraphrasing the general opinion on here for brevity.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 21:07

It`s all about opinions at the end of the day. I rate Yogi, some don`t. He would only be a gamble is the players have attitude problems. As for the board getting it wrong with the previous two managers, I don`t think many people would say that. Johnston was the right appointment but he was kept on for too long and wrongly given a two year deal, which wasn`t merited in my eyes. Crawford was a backwards step (and the cheap option) because of that mistake. Grant on the other hand is a car crash. The fact he didn`t apply for the job makes it even more embarrassing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 21:30

Didn't McIntyre get 'done' out of quite a fee quid in terms of his payoff by virtue of us going into administration ?

Also, applying the Billy Davies theory and reading between the lines, why has he been nowhere near a 1st team job for such a long time?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 22:19

`Cheap option` is another one of these cliches that football fans love like `losing the dressing-room`. If you`re skint, partly through having to pay off the previous management team, how is there anything other than a `cheap option`?

Considering Stevie Crawford got us to the play-offs and signed a few good players, including one who moved at a considerable profit to the club with more possibly to come, maybe he was value for money. To some fans it seems all managers will be failures unless they get us to the Premiership.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 22:27

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 8 Sep 22:19

`Cheap option` is another one of these cliches that football fans love like `losing the dressing-room`. If you`re skint, partly through having to pay off the previous management team, how is there anything other than a `cheap option`?

Considering Stevie Crawford got us to the play-offs and signed a few good players, including one who moved at a considerable profit to the club with more possibly to come, maybe he was value for money. To some fans it seems all managers will be failures unless they get us to the Premiership.

Precisely

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 22:42

Say what you like but he was the cheap option and an uninspiring one. I`m not one for cliches, that`s just a fact. It was an easy and cost saving choice to appoint Crawford as he was already a member of staff. His only managerial job beforehand was at East Fife, which didn`t go too well. The fact that an experienced assistant wasn`t appointed to guide him didn`t help either. His stock obviously isn`t that high after us if he`s the Edinburgh City assistant. I really wanted him to do well after his playing days but sadly it wasn`t to be.

Post Edited (Wed 08 Sep 22:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 23:29

How is anyone a cheap option if you can`t afford an expensive one? It`s a simple concept. I notice you still don`t give him any credit for his signings.

He wasn`t actually sacked, he resigned. I can`t imagine he`s been looking for any high-pressure, high-profile jobs. But that doesn`t suit your version of events obviously.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Sep 23:45

It`s the cheap option because it was unambitious, uninspiring and a cost effective decision because the board made a mess of the Johnston contract. He made a fantastic signing in Nisbet, some pretty good ones but he also made poor ones. Shame we didn`t manage to get anywhere with them though. We scraped the playoffs last season and were well beaten by our local rivals which isn`t good enough. A manager that doesn`t at least get us close to getting promoted should be deemed a failure. Clubs with much lower budgets than us have succeeded.

Yeah, mental to think he wasn`t let go but in hindsight if we`d have known his replacement, I`d have kept Crawford! He`s by far the lesser of two evils. How do you know he`s not looked for a managerial job. He could have been knocked back multiple times and had to settle assisting a league two club but that wouldn`t suit your version of events obviously.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 12:07

Hopkin has been sacked by Ayr. New manager bounce now guaranteed for Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 12:10

You would think but by all accounts they have a terrible squad

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 13:14

Football management`s a fickle business. This is the guy some on here were casting envious eyes on when he took Livi from League 1 to the Premiership in two seasons not so long ago. I see Jim Duffy`s in temporary charge now - another favourite on here when he was at Morton.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Sep 16:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 9 Sep 12:10

You would think but by all accounts they have a terrible squad

Aye there's is stinking.

Ours has deficiencies but that Ayr one is a shocker.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net