DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars Souvenirs.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 07:10

I think I remember Pars baffies. I don't see them in the shop now. That's the sort of thing I would expect to be popular, so I'm surprised they are not available.
I think I remember curtains and downy covers too (for the kids of course).
Maybe I remember wrong.

What souvenirs do you remember that we no longer have?
What would you like to be available?
What do you already buy?

Jist a wee light hearted discussion before the ensuing storm at the weekend ;)

Post Edited (Fri 10 Sep 07:11)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars Souvenirs.
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 07:25

The original bears. Pre Sammy era bears. My daughter still has hers in the back parcel shelf of her car.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 08:21

You are correct PARrot, there used to be a wider range of Pars themed accessories than we have today. There were indeed Pars slippers, Pars duvet covers, light shades, clocks, soft toys, watches, cuff links, necklaces, ties, mugs, drinks bottles.

When I enter the shop today it always has a slightly sad air about it, an air of a facility that’s known better times. It may well be lack of demand, it may well be simply financial prudence, but the range of goods is now sadly limited.

The one thing I’d like (and one I’ve never ever seen) is a Pars bandana for my dog. Daft I know, but I’d like one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 09:46

I remember when I was a nipper in the late 80s they had loads of different merchandise. One of my favourites was a Pars American Football style top, Black with white trims and a big 85 on it. Looked cool as
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 10:16

I’ve tried to sell a pair of pars curtains on here a couple of times. Surprisingly no takers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 10:35

Cartoon badges of Pars players

I think the cartoonist was the guy at the Evening News.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsmad  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 10:35

Like these parfection?

https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/shop/design/dunfermline+nineties+retro+dog+bandana-D60943869379da22db0d89b55?sellable=rAD1vGAVpBUGGvz5bQLp-1407-41#?affiliateId=1257693

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 11:34

I can remember inflatable black puddings. Had some connection to local butchers at the time. Thought it was pretty random at the time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: lewis17  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 11:38

Maybe a baby range to initiate the kids before they're old enough to know better?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 11:48

"Don't follow me.....follow The Pars !!"

Car window sticker from early 90's. Cringe !

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 12:01

Quote:

helensburghpar, Fri 10 Sep 11:34

I can remember inflatable black puddings. Had some connection to local butchers at the time. Thought it was pretty random at the time.

Was Scott butcher's. Douglas was involved with Pars then
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 12:21

Parsmad - thanks very much for the link. Just missing the club badge, otherwise it’s perfect. I’ll look into it. Much appreciated.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 12:44

The lack of baby/infant items is a pain. Became a dad this year and wanted to get him a kit. Smallest size is age 3. I know a little replica kit might not be logical but loads of clubs do things like baby grows with the little badge on etc. Pars shop has been dire for years. Half my presents on Christmas morning were always random Pars things.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 13:26

I still have my official Pars watch. It has sat in a drawer for many years. I think it might have cost me about 30 quid plus postage to get it sent out here. Might even have been more.

It looked fine on the website, but by the time it arrived in Australia, it seemed to be smaller, suspiciously light and, apart from a DAFC badge stuck on the face, it bore a striking resemblance to watches that were for sale for $2 at my local flea market...

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 15:26

a 90`s favourite that came to mind the other day was the Umbrella in style of Bertie Patons Baseball cap.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 15:34

Funnily enough our opponents tomorrow look like they have a decent looking club shop well stocked.

What's happened to the copa range or the retro strips and tracksuit tops.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 16:35

I still have a round rubber coffee cup / beermat thingy with club badge in centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 18:05

Quote:

neils, Fri 10 Sep 10:35

Cartoon badges of Pars players

I think the cartoonist was the guy at the Evening News.

Harry Gilzean was the artist I think. He used to have a shop behind the Scotsman building. It was on the stairs that run from Waverley Station to Cockburn Street.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 19:16

The shop has some great staff, but is very disappointing for merchandise.

I always think we don't do the simple stuff right.

- Bigger choice and variety of scarves, hats.
- Plain t shirts and tops with only the badge. Not over designed rubbish or nylon stuff punted by joma.
- Posters and pennants for kids bedroom walls
- Things you can buy as gifts. Glasses, bottle openers, hip flasks etc etc.
- Proper retro gear

Most of the decent stuff recently has been done separately by Kenny.

I think they've been limited by funds in terms of stocking it correctly. Hopefully something the Germans can improve.

Post Edited (Fri 10 Sep 19:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:10

The biggest issue is how many sell tbh RD.

Need to remember pars capitalised when the fan Base grew massively with big Jim at the helm. All the stuff we had in the 80`s early 90`s everything from slippers, that American football shirt (because there was a trend on American football due to "the refrigerator") duvet sets, flat caps, cushions, curtains, loads of different designed t shirts, jumpers dressing gowns everything for a pars fan aged between 3 months and 75 years!

Now by the time we get stuff produced and the cost it`s no worth it. I don`t think fans actually buy alot of merchandise unless they support initiatives that Kenny or Mar do.

Kinda feel we could do with going with another kit maker as i feel that we could benefit from better styles in lesuire wear. Would love to see pars shop being better but I don`t think we have the fan Base to support it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:23

Something I remember but not seen at EEP in ages.....a home goal

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Sat 11 Sep 21:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 23:57

Polt, the DASC DONATION SHOP have had some amazing souvenirs in stock, and still getting more donated. We have a fabulous item in just now and we have had £80 offered for it. Plus we have donated in the region of sixty thousand to the club, + donated to several charities . We also have an extensive range of programmes which we sold some of yesterday to the tune of just over £100 pounds.

Run by VOUNTEERS.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 00:16

I've got a Christmas Card from Norrie from circa 94 or 95 that I got from Parkers in the toon. Got a keyring with a picture of Andy Smith and a Paton's Premier Pars t shirt as well.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sun 12 Sep 00:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 00:27

Had time to spare before game and had s look round the Ayr souvenir shop. Was really impressed with the wide range of stuff on sale .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:05

I know Steaua, that`s what I meant. The fans buy from initiatives yourself (I say that because you were the original driving force behind it) and Kenny started. I think the club need those as tbh the club shop is far from successful. Not a dig at Matt and the staff in there as they have i would imagine a small budget to work with and other limitations.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kathleen_par  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 16:07

Down sizing recently and came across a Pars mirror which my husband received as a Christmas gift in the 80s. Passed on to grandaughter who is delighted with it

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net