DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Board
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:38

Stop talking psh about the board needing to go. They do a fantastic job running the club. Maybe they need to leave the manager appointments to someone else (pretty sure Ross would agree to that, and it is actually the plan going forward) I can see why Grant's appointment was made but It hasn't worked and on this occasion, I agree it doesn't look likely to.

I hope they act swiftly and get on doing what they are good at while the right person makes the footballing decisions..whoever that might be.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:42

Changes are required we are in free fall. The buck stops at the Chairman`s door. His decision to appoint Peter the imposter without interviewing the other 80 candidates is a brainfart in the extreme I don`t care if you agree with that or not.

Enough is enough of this horseshit WE are being dished up.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:43

So just to confirm, you want the people running the football club to have nothing to do with anything resembling footballing decisions because they are really bad at it?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:50

They aren’t doing a fantastic job, they got us in a better position financially certainly but how long do we have to wait for them to be criticised after helping save our club, that we fans put a lot of effort into as well.

They’ve appointed Grant who has spent money on players who are quite frankly guff, whether that be transfer fees, wages, whatever.

The Germans need to buy a place over here and takeover.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:51

Quote:

Grant, Sat 11 Sep 16:43

So just to confirm, you want the people running the football club to have nothing to do with anything resembling footballing decisions because they are really bad at it?


There is a lot more to running a footbal club than reruiting managers and players. This board need help in that area. I don't think they would disagree. I thought that is what we were getting from the German input.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:51

Completely agree with you Parrot, strange choice, I wanted it to work, but at some point we need to move on.

There wouldn`t be a club if it wasn`t for Ross and others. Oh, we do have good players, but it`s just bizarre formations, must be debilitating for players.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:02

No ifs or buts.

This season at the start looked promising. PGs talking sounded very encouraging but now, his talk has as much substance as a slugs snot.

He should do the honourable thing and go.

He might have lost the dressing room but by Christ, he`s losing the support from the majority of us loyal Pars fans.

Big Leish will be boiling mad at this scenario.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:03

Sack the board
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:06

This has to be the worst Pars team in the last 30 years, if the new owners can’t see that there needs to be actions taken they are throwing their cash down the drain

That is not acceptable in any way shape or form

Let’s see the new owners being decisive and take some ownership of the current issues

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:13

Quote:

Berry, Sat 11 Sep 16:50

They aren’t doing a fantastic job, they got us in a better position financially certainly but how long do we have to wait for them to be criticised after helping save our club, that we fans put a lot of effort into as well.

They’ve appointed Grant who has spent money on players who are quite frankly guff, whether that be transfer fees, wages, whatever.

The Germans need to buy a place over here and takeover.


They are doing a fantastic job and they will continue to do so.

I think you will find the Grant appointment had more to do with the Germans than simply saying, "Aye well if you say so Ross".

They made a mistake this time.

Previous appointments didn't work as well as we hoped but they were not the disasters some claim.



Post Edited (Sat 11 Sep 17:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:14

Someone needs to take a grip of this club we are fast becoming the laughing stock of Scottish football, Defensively an embarrassment, midfield no drive or battling qualities and the front two are a joke Grants faith in certain players is unbelievable , im surprised Mehmet wasn,t playing today

G.B
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:16

PARrot do you actually go to games and watch it? We were absolutely hopeless today, no idea whatsoever and we are giving away 3 goals every week. The board are 100% responsible for this mess, away and stick yer beek up yer bottom

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:20

It’s not just one mistake in appointing Grant, it’s the swiftness of his appointment and then keeping him here when it’s clear to see it’s not working. He should of gone after the rangers game

Effe
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:22

start with getting rid of Grant - do it early enough and we might survive in this league.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:22

I find it hard to believe the Germans knew much about Peter Grant tbh

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: LuckyTiler  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:30

I`m not one who thinks the club`s action are in any way influenced by what`s written here, but if there`s a general view in the football community that the reason for our current position was the way the board hired him, they might be likely to hang on a bit longer hoping for things to turn the corner, as sacking him would look like admitting their mistake.

Pity it wasn`t Grant who was accused of abusing fans at full time - that would be a reason to fire him without it reflecting so much on the recruitment process.

Away the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:33

Aye the Germans right enough picked out the boy and said yep Grant, he’s the one.

The Germans will have been right impressed with the running of the club to date, as they should be, and seen no reason to doubt Ross and the boards glowing reference of Peter Grant, seems to be their first mistake.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:36

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 11 Sep 16:38

Stop talking psh about the board needing to go. They do a fantastic job running the club. Maybe they need to leave the manager appointments to someone else (pretty sure Ross would agree to that, and it is actually the plan going forward) I can see why Grant's appointment was made but It hasn't worked and on this occasion, I agree it doesn't look likely to.

I hope they act swiftly and get on doing what they are good at while the right person makes the footballing decisions..whoever that might be.


If this was a video game you’d be like the final boss of the happy clappers you have to defeat.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:37

I find it hard to see where Ross and Co think Grant has a glowing reference , done nothing of note and got relegated , the whole thing stinks

G.B
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:38

Quote:

RMGpar, Sat 11 Sep 17:22

I find it hard to believe the Germans knew much about Peter Grant tbh


It seems the board may have been similarly devoid in that area as well !!! ☹️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:38

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 11 Sep 17:16

PARrot do you actually go to games and watch it? We were absolutely hopeless today, no idea whatsoever and we are giving away 3 goals every week. The board are 100% responsible for this mess, away and stick yer beek up yer bottom


No I don't. I havent at any time commented on a match.
It wouldnt change what ive said about the board.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:41

Can your head be buried even further in the sand Parrot?

Unreal!

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:42

Who`s to say the board have not landed us in a total mess with the new German owners along with Grant .
The German`s now need to show that they mean business and step up and sort the mess out , from top to bottom.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:42

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Sat 11 Sep 17:36

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 11 Sep 16:38

Stop talking psh about the board needing to go. They do a fantastic job running the club. Maybe they need to leave the manager appointments to someone else (pretty sure Ross would agree to that, and it is actually the plan going forward) I can see why Grant's appointment was made but It hasn't worked and on this occasion, I agree it doesn't look likely to.

I hope they act swiftly and get on doing what they are good at while the right person makes the footballing decisions..whoever that might be.


If this was a video game you’d be like the final boss of the happy clappers you have to defeat.


I dont see where you are getting happy clapping from my post.
I said quite clearly they got it wrong and he needs to go.

Do you struggle with English interpretation?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:43

Surely on the troll? Wasn't keen on his appointment but willing to give him a chance. His position is the very definition of untenable. It's a crying shame we'll have to sack him and pay him up what he's due. And the longer we as a club take to get rid of him the more culpable the board become.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sat 11 Sep 17:47)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:45

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sat 11 Sep 17:41

Can your head be buried even further in the sand Parrot?

Unreal!


Elaborate.
What do you know about the work the board has done?

Are you struggling with English interpretation as much as Bamba?

Im quite clear that the manager needs to go.



Post Edited (Sat 11 Sep 17:45)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:49

Maybe Ross should pay for Peter Grant to go out his own pocket. It was him after all that thought it was a good idea .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:06

I`ve not really seen many positives on the boards part in the last few years. On a managerial front they`ve made poor decisions and this one for me is the final straw. They employed a manager who didn`t even apply (probably because he was waiting to get into Celtic) and who the majority of the fans feared the worst with. For a fan owned club, I am surprised with how distant they seem from the fans. It feels like they look down on the fans and see themselves as a higher class, unless they get the begging bowl out - stressing how vital our contribution to the lifeline is.

This was meant to be a season where we had a big chance to challenge and because of a highly incompetent, ridiculous decision, the season looks over already.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:15

Quote:

Berry, Sat 11 Sep 16:50

They aren’t doing a fantastic job, they got us in a better position financially certainly but how long do we have to wait for them to be criticised after helping save our club, that we fans put a lot of effort into as well.

They’ve appointed Grant who has spent money on players who are quite frankly guff, whether that be transfer fees, wages, whatever.

The Germans need to buy a place over here and takeover.


They could get an Airbnb in the short term 🙄🤣!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:28

The board have to sort this this evening it's gone on far to long. Player/cpt wanting to leave, and players abusing there own fans. It's not on the club has been low in the past of the pitch but I think this is the lowest on the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:34

Quote:

summeragent, Sat 11 Sep 18:15

Quote:

Berry, Sat 11 Sep 16:50

They aren’t doing a fantastic job, they got us in a better position financially certainly but how long do we have to wait for them to be criticised after helping save our club, that we fans put a lot of effort into as well.

They’ve appointed Grant who has spent money on players who are quite frankly guff, whether that be transfer fees, wages, whatever.

The Germans need to buy a place over here and takeover.


They could get an Airbnb in the short term 🙄🤣!


If they have any problems they can have my spare room rent free.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:46

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sat 11 Sep 17:41

Can your head be buried even further in the sand Parrot?

Unreal!


Ostrich. You're thinking of an ostrich.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:49

Apart from the year we won League 1 the last ten have been average- mediocre to horrendous. Really disillusioned being a Pars fan. I work a lot of Saturdays so don’t have a season ticket but I’m off this Saturday coming. Ill go if this Charlatan has been sacked otherwise i will find something else to do. Please act soon our German Owners!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:50

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 11 Sep 16:38

Stop talking psh about the board needing to go. They do a fantastic job running the club. Maybe they need to leave the manager appointments to someone else (pretty sure Ross would agree to that, and it is actually the plan going forward) I can see why Grant's appointment was made but It hasn't worked and on this occasion, I agree it doesn't look likely to.

I hope they act swiftly and get on doing what they are good at while the right person makes the footballing decisions..whoever that might be.


Appointmenting Grant was the biggest joke since Tam Forsyth.
No Interview.
All other candidates excluded straight away.
Talked his way into the job while presumeably still at Alloa who he relegated.
Get him to f**k.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:59

Our board = inertia.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:16

I would imagine that if he is still in the job and we get beat next week that the atmosphere will be toxic. I remember when Jocky Scott was sacked, it was very poor results and fan power that helped get rid of him.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:31

But , but ,but we should just be grateful that we have a club .
It's all down to the board that we have a club .
Absolute shoite !!
I along with many other Pars fans paid a lot of cash , ( more than just the going rate for tickets ) into keeping the club afloat , and deserve better than we're getting .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 20:25

The board have to take accountability.

Since becoming a fan owned club:-

- appointed 4 managers, all of whom have been poor other than AJ for the season getting us up
- lowest amount of season tickets and home attendance for a long time
- clearly fan engagement at lowest i can remember. Apathy is well and truly in.

Manager is accountable for the results.

They are accountable for the running of the club overall.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 20:37

You have your opinion, let other`s have theirs.

We don`t all need to agree, except..... The board said it themselves. They had taken us as far as they could (can be interpretated with many different opinions)

I don`t think people are wanting all the board members to go. I think some fans feel that some board members have served their time and need to consider the club. In the same way as a football manager needs to take responsibility of failure in footballing terms, the board should shoulder some of the responsibilities for the recruitment and current atmosphere around the club at present.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 08:12

The appointment of PG without interviews for other applicants was arrived at too hastily in my view.

Why did the other board members allow that lack of due diligence to proceed ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 11:25

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 13 Sep 08:12

The appointment of PG without interviews for other applicants was arrived at too hastily in my view.

Why did the other board members allow that lack of due diligence to proceed ?


PG can talk the talk but can't walk the walk, and the board bought it.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 11:41

Remember that McArthur actually head hunted PG.....Can`t call for PG to go without calling for MacArthur to follow suit...

For someone that is `a fan first and foremost`, McArthur is so disconnected from the fans it`s unreal.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 11:51

In my eyes the board have done a really good job with the club as a business, but as a football club I think there hasn't been enough footballing heads used and tapped into to allow the football side of things to move forward.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:03

I think there is some recognition that RM has taken the club as far as he thinks he csn and hats off to him for the journey so far. The new owners want to take the club to the next level and beyond and have put their money into the club to back up their committment. For sure its going to take time but it will be based on a sustainable model and I for one will fully support them along that road. I'm not yet for throwing anyone under a bus for the performances on the park. I am sure there are some honest conversations taking place over the reasons for that but suspect its more complex than PG's management. Its been a time of change at the club with new owners, new manager and systens and processes. It takes time to settle and I am sure things will settle down. Like any good team development in the main they go through the forming, norming, storming, performing process.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Sep 12:05)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:56

Quote:

kba, Mon 13 Sep 11:51

In my eyes the board have done a really good job with the club as a business, but as a football club I think there hasn't been enough footballing heads used and tapped into to allow the football side of things to move forward.


Is Jim Leishman not a club director? Why’s he never mentioned
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:59

They also engaged Jackie McNamara to advise on footballing matters although I don`t think fans were ever quite sure what Jackie`s input was exactly.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:06

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 13 Sep 12:59

They also engaged Jackie McNamara to advise on footballing matters although I don`t think fans were ever quite sure what Jackie`s input was exactly.


I know was ill but is he still involved?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:07

Not sure what big Jim is doing when it comes to the club and is Jackie still working with the club??
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:30

Indiapar and others I pretty much agree with there, we were goosed before, really out of business, and Ross amongst many others made us into a proper football club again, one that I`m proud of being a fan, and yes I`ve been glad they have pulled us out

However we are not big enough for a fan owned club, and have reached our limit. Mistakes have been made, and by our own admission on the football side there has been a lack of real expertise, so we have to go in another direction.

Jim Leishman I can`t say anything but good about him, but he is from an era long gone, one of signing on fees, different finances etc.

Probably because of my age (55) I can`t go ballistic if things are going badly, I`ve seen some crap over the years.i have to say PG is a strange appointment, wanted it to work, but we can`t play like that, passing from the back is children`s football, or for clubs with vast sums of money to buy players to do that.

Having said that, the direction is probably the way we have to go, probably with a more appropriate manager.

The players are not downing tools, they are not wealthy enough for that, but are played in bizarre formations which must be debilitating.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:40

It was a disgrace the way Grant got the job.
I dont enjoy being right in calling him all mouth and full of himself but it's clear that's exactly what he is.
It's easy to talk and talk but if that's all he has to offer our football club, then we are goosed.
I still think there is a decent team there minus the obvious signings of Dorrans and Graham and Mehmet who have been awful and something for a new manager to work with.
Grant though needs punted ASAP.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:43

If only you got 3 points for performances in training. Ffs
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 18:00

I agree Neils. At the end of the day its horses for courses. The first thibg we need to do is stop shipping goals. Set up defensively to not lose poor goals and try and win by the odd goal. The league is far too tight to experiment with formations. That is a luxury you only have if you are walking this league. Its a strength to admit you are wrong as that admission indicates being open to learning.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net