DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Graham Dorrans
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:04

Calling fans wankers and telling them to **** off, absolute ****** waster

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Graham Dorrans
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:07

Grant signings , Mehmet, Graham , Dorrans , waste of a jersey , hope Grant goes and takes them with him

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:08

wish he would feck off

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:08

He can get emptied as well. Slower than a week in jail.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:09

Unprofessional to say the least, no way he should ever have the privilege to captain a Pars team again

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:09

If that is the case should never have the honour of pulling on a Pars jersey again.

Total waste of space like Grant and his signings laughing while the fans suffer GTF the lot of you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:10

If there’s any truth in this, his contract should be ripped up. Offered absolutely nothing on the pitch, given the armband and then abuses our fans. Again, if the board don’t act on behaviour like that, they can’t tell us they’re fans. They cannot accept players abusing fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:11

He is a waste of a jersey. Absolutely murder. Grant isn’t totally to blame, some of those players are a disgrace to put on the jersey.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:12

Any truth in it? I watched him do it!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  

I imagine the abuse he gave wasn`t a one way tirade...

But yeah, he really hasn`t worked out all...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  

He should never of got a contract in the first place. The guys absolutely *****.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:13

My son is at the game and he messaged me to say Dorrans told them to f**k off. Embarrassing stuff from a so called professional. Should be sacked along with Grant

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LuckyTiler  

I wouldn`t defend Grant, and wouldn`t entrust him with any more money to make more signings, but in defence of the players he has signed, some of them may look terrible, but Grant has managed to make players we had last season look terrible too.

Get Grant out then have his successor look at the squad.

Away the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  

I commented on Shields eyeballing fans at the Arbroath game and said that as much as you disagree with them you cannot confront them. If this is true then the player should be hoofed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:14

Should be nowhere near our club.

Shouldn’t have been in the team at Morton and ever since we’ll let’s say down hill

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:18

Reminds me of Bertolt Brecht`s wry comment on the uprising in East Germany in 1953: `it`s time for the government to elect a new people.` It seems the present Pars fans aren`t good enough for the club.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DaveCPar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:19

If Dorrans did in fact abuse the fans, (I wasn’t at the game) then without doubt action should be taken. I hope someone who witnessed this will in actual fact make an official complaint to the club, as the club cannot do anything based purely on comments on social media.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:22

If he did it unprovoked then definitely should be booted. If a large group of grown adults hurled abuse at him then fair play to him. I find it absolutely hilarious that grown men take the moral high ground because they are at a football game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:25

2 year contract for dorrans too! Why can’t it be him wanting contract ripped up instead?

The worst thing about this is that grant has brought in absolute dross and they are the ones that are going to cost him his job and in record time.

The next manager is going to have to try and work out how to get a competitive central midfield on the park with that team. I don’t envy them.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:27

Provoked or not a professional football player shouldn’t be acting like that, ***** bag of a player

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:28

If someone does make an official complaint about Dorrans can you ad PG to that aswell pls.
Ps don`t take it to Ross Mcarthur.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:29

Was a sh*t bag at dundee and will be a sh*t bag here

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:31

To be fair to Dorrans there was a bit of abuse being hurled in his direction as he left the pitch however he is a player who has played at a high level and should know to act like a professional at all times

No way he should lead the team out in future, I’m sure he will have heaped pressure in his own performance after his actions when leaving the field of play this evening

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:35

I’d imagine most who hurled the abuse at Dorrans are also professionals in their trade! It’s just a rank response. We are all humans. Get a grip. I’ll come to your work and start calling you every name under the sun and watch you act professionally..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:37

nator: AlterPar like | nolike
Date: Sat 11 Sep 17:35

I’d imagine most who hurled the abuse at Dorrans are also professionals in their trade! It’s just a rank response. We are all humans. Get a grip. I’ll come to your work and start calling you every name under the sun and watch you act professionally..

Nobody pays their hard earned money to come and watch me at work!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:41

“I’d imagine most who hurled the abuse at Dorrans are also professionals in their trade! It’s just a rank response. We are all humans. Get a grip. I’ll come to your work and start calling you every name under the sun and watch you act professionally..”

There are a number of jobs I can think of (shop staff, waiter/waitress etc) where customers are often unnecessarily abusive to the staff members. I can guarantee if they started shouting and swearing at those customers, they would still get sacked for it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:43

Ahh sorry Par. Paying money gives people the right to abuse another (unprovoked I may add, as Dorrans was) human, my apologies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:44

You are right Par-91. But my points still stand.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:49

I wasn’t there, so don’t know what personal abuse he was receiving. However, 2 wrongs definitely don’t make a right and he should be punished for his actions.

If this was a response to people booing the team/players as a whole, it’s completely over the top. If this was a response to people calling him s***e, it’s still over the top - he’s a professional footballer and has to take some responsibility for his performances. He has contributed nothing and has to accept that. However, if anyone was actually personally abusing him, then that’s totally out of order and I hope those ‘fans’ are also named and shamed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:54

I've never seen the point of staying til the end just to scream and shout at your own players after a defeat. Fair enough if you are a school kid but it's an embarrassing way to behave as grown men and women. I wasn't at the game so have no idea how he played but when you've lost a game and are propping up the table the last thing you need is to get abuse hurled at you.

Of course if you paid £20 and wasted 5 hours of your day you might feel different

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 17:56

Par-91 i dont know what you mean dorrans has contributed nothing.

He’s got at least 3 assists that have directly lead to goals, unfortunately none for the pars.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:12

Quote:

par-91, Sat 11 Sep 17:41

“I’d imagine most who hurled the abuse at Dorrans are also professionals in their trade! It’s just a rank response. We are all humans. Get a grip. I’ll come to your work and start calling you every name under the sun and watch you act professionally..”

There are a number of jobs I can think of (shop staff, waiter/waitress etc) where customers are often unnecessarily abusive to the staff members. I can guarantee if they started shouting and swearing at those customers, they would still get sacked for it.

Yes, correct.
Usually the customer gets arrested or banned from the shop too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:19

I was there. To be fair to Dorrans he was getting some pretty specific abuse. As he was walking thru the gate the abuse intensified and a brave soul got a bit close (was almost doubled over the barrier) - to which Dorrans told him to F-Off.

It wasn’t F-Off to the entire fan base. Just this one guy.

I’d love Dorrans to go with Grant because he’s been rancid. But on this occasion I’m not surprised he told the “supporter” to f-off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:30

What is it with some fans? Spend half the game hurling abuse at players then start greetin` when they get a bit back. If you can`t take it, don`t dish it out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:37

Quote:

1985Par, Sat 11 Sep 18:30

What is it with some fans? Spend half the game hurling abuse at players then start greetin` when they get a bit back. If you can`t take it, don`t dish it out.

Exactly. Then come on here demanding sackings. It's pathetic to be honest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:38

Tbh if you spend £40+ to go to an away game and watch that cr@p, don’t have an issue with folk venting their frustration.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:44

Doesn’t mean you can personally abuse someone then cry about how the big bad man hurt your feelings by telling you to F off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:46

No problem with Dorrans giving a bit back. What he got in the first place will be doubled next week now though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:50

Next manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:03

Quote:

Berry, Sat 11 Sep 18:38

Tbh if you spend £40+ to go to an away game and watch that cr@p, don’t have an issue with folk venting their frustration.

Spending £40+ doesn't entitle you to anything other than entry into a football ground. Twice by the looks of that price.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:16

Dorrans most certainly received verbal abuse from a few fans as did Grant. I can verify that Dorrans said **** off at least twice as he left the field. Grant didn’t say anything.
I can’t think of any reason to allow Dorrans ever to wear a Pars strip again after that.
Grant is definitely out of his depth and should have the decency to resign.
What the club does now is a challenge but the playing performances of most players was unacceptable. It really looked like they don’t care.
There is virtually no evidence of anyone playing for the jersey and everyone left something on the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:23

In that case the players deserve every bit as much of a hammering as grant does. Downing tools can’t be accepted, hope they get it stinking from the crowd next week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:39

Don’t have a problem with players having a go back. Why people think that they can deal out abuse to players after a bad game is beyond me. If you think that Dorrans doesn’t give a toss, he probably won’t now after that.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:40

Bamba-Daft I like your comments saying , hope they get it stinking from the crowd next week.
The way thing`s are going They might get off lightly as there might not be much of a crowd ,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:44

I think Dorrans would have been better keeping his mouth shut but his response at least suggested he cared about the performance. Most of the other players sloped off with their heads down avoiding eye contact with the fans.

I got the impression some of the fans were hoping for a reaction. We all know that lots of fans like dishing out criticism but get very touchy if they`re on the receiving end.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Glenrothes Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:46

I think this shows how far our team have come in such a short time under the leadership of Grant
Total Disaster

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 19:47

Pars fans are the greatest in the world.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJA  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 20:02

It was always going to be carnage at full time, normally at Ayr you leave the pitch and head up the tunnel, today because of COVID they had to exit up the terracing right in front of the pars fans, and they all got dogs abuse, Dorran was the only one that reacted by saying f**k off!
My view is if you dish it out, don’t get all offended if you get it back! However, I do think action needs to be taken now before it’s too late!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 20:02

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 11 Sep 19:44

I think Dorrans would have been better keeping his mouth shut but his response at least suggested he cared about the performance. Most of the other players sloped off with their heads down avoiding eye contact with the fans.

I got the impression some of the fans were hoping for a reaction. We all know that lots of fans like dishing out criticism but get very touchy if they`re on the receiving end.

You could be right Eck but it looked to me that Dorrans didn’t really care that much about his performance but even if he did he shouldn’t have been telling fans to **** off. He was the team captain and that just isn’t acceptable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 20:41

That`s why I said he would have been better keeping his mouth shut but it`s an understandable reaction if someone abuses you at such a short distance.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:07

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 11 Sep 20:41

That`s why I said he would have been better keeping his mouth shut but it`s an understandable reaction if someone abuses you at such a short distance.

Grant got 10X the abuse but didn’t react.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:27

Dorrans should be apologising not spouting profanities.

Since he came to East End, he`s been brutal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:38

If this is true, end the contract. Otherwise, don`t expect me at a Dunfermline game again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:46

Think the truth hurt wee Graham’s feelings. Get him in the bin.

Abused or not, the second you mouth back at your own supporters you’ve dug your own grave and f’d it for yourself going forward. How can fans back him?

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:54

Quote:

parsloyal98, Sat 11 Sep 21:46

Think the truth hurt wee Graham’s feelings. Get him in the bin.

Abused or not, the second you mouth back at your own supporters you’ve dug your own grave and f’d it for yourself going forward. How can fans back him?

By understanding that players are human and make mistakes

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 21:59

Quote:

parzdaft, Sat 11 Sep 21:38

If this is true, end the contract. Otherwise, don`t expect me at a Dunfermline game again.

So you won't come back to a Pars game because someone you don't know was giving abuse to a player and the player reacted? Gives peace, plenty more things to drive you away than that!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:26

Standard Pars fans as is often demonstrated here in the usual spats that lead to yellow and red cards - dish it out and get anything back and it’s ‘oh Lordy my feelings my feelings’.

Dorrans really is p!sh but so many of our support are massive man babies

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:30

So you won`t come back to a Pars game because someone you don`t know was giving abuse to a player and the player reacted? Gives peace, plenty more things to drive you away than that![IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message

Players shouldn`t be reacting like that to supporters. If they do, it`s over for me bud. And I will not be giving anyone peace any time soon because I am allowed an opinion like anyone else :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:36

Couldn't care less about a player biting back. We're all human.

Biggest concern is how crap we are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:43

We are told in the small print that swearing at folk is not allowed as a rule at games so players are surely exemplars of this and not exempt.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:44

If that isn`t the case, no one is wrong and I will be able to shout and bawl expletives for 90 minutes at EEP on Sat.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:45

Absolute no issue with him reacting to abuse. If the fans can dish out they need to be able to take it.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 22:49

Dorrans was a bad signing but i am not shouting and swearing about it. I trust he wasn`t either but...if he was...I am not impressed. Even if other fans seem to think it`s tickety boo in front of kids etc.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 23:06

Nobody was upset when Dorrans swore just saying what happened

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 23:27

I'm upset he has been rank rotten when I thought he'd been an asset. As for swearing at the fans, I suspect he is currently regretting that lack of control - he's gonna need to do something special on Saturday now!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 23:36

I'd like Dorrans to leave. Not because of this incident, just because he's not very good and he'll be getting paid very handsomely on a two year contract.

As for the incident? Meh, I can guarantee far worse was getting shouted at him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 07:18

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sat 11 Sep 23:27

I'm upset he has been rank rotten when I thought he'd been an asset. As for swearing at the fans, I suspect he is currently regretting that lack of control - he's gonna need to do something special on Saturday now!

Not necessarily, there will be no one there to see it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 14:27

This was an accident waiting to happen. There is a lot of frustration in the fanbase at the moment and no doubt that some were going to take advantage of the proximity of the players at full-time to vent that frustration, and (in my view) provoke a reaction. Dorrans fell for the bait - he should have been more professional and I think he should probably have the captaincy taken away (not sure who wants it - Comrie, perhaps, or Watson - possibly Pybus and he would have been about my 15th choice at the start of the season) but no more. Go out next week and let your boots do the talking. But as Rusty said, there are bigger issues short term and long term to worry about right now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FritzThePar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:24

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 11 Sep 18:12

Quote:

Yes, correct.

Disagree Parrot, in my job in keeping the lights on, I get abuse hurled at me by the public regularly. None of which see’s anyone arrested or having their power cut off. However If I were to retort I’d get sacked. Customer facing jobs tend to witness the worst in people.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:58

In most jobs if you swear at the customer you would get sacked. I know that when I was working if I swore at a pupil I would be sacked. I was quite fortunate that I was only sworn at once, the boy said he was sorry and got a couple of days suspension. Perhaps Dorrans should say sorry in the next program, he could reflect on how the game played out and stupidly swore at the fans. I think the incident would be forgotten about. After all he won't have played in a team with players out of position very often.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 22:27

The way I see it, professional footballers lap up the over-the-top positive hyperbole when things are going well, and should be able to suck things up when going badly - it's essentially one big pantomime. That said, there is a line, and hopefully the fans didn't step over it on Saturday.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 23:38

Quote:

FritzThePar, Sun 12 Sep 15:24

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 11 Sep 18:12

Quote:

Yes, correct.

Disagree Parrot, in my job in keeping the lights on, I get abuse hurled at me by the public regularly. None of which see’s anyone arrested or having their power cut off. However If I were to retort I’d get sacked. Customer facing jobs tend to witness the worst in people.

Im trying to understand your situation, not knowing exactly what you mean by trying to keep the lights on. Do you get the abuse to your face or indirectly.
I dont see how you can ban anyone in your case but what I said about shops or public places is correct. People who are abusive get restriction orders.

Employers have a duty to protect their employees from abuse as well as a responsibility to deal with employees who retaliate inapropriately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:38

Probably nobodies finest day. We are all human and make mistakes. Aknowledge that it is not acceptable either way and move on together
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:24

PG has on several occasions mentioned that fans are there to be entertained. OK then, we`re not being entertained with the performances so far.

Any other public performances wouldn`t last long.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net