DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ayr United highlights
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:05

link to highlights

Highlights from yeterdays match now up

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ayr United highlights
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:29

Oooft.

That third goal..If Danny Baker made own goals and gaffs videos still we`d be on the cover

Confidence gone big time, look at the few seconds of play after the celebrations end after ayrs first goal. Just not looking alert at all.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:40

After watching the highlights same as previous utter shambles of a display.
I despair for games still to play and the level we have sunk to now.
Get it sorted or seaside league awaits.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 15:41

Owain obviously doesn't know how poor a player Graham is. Do the German owner watch how poor the lad is, or that we have an internationalist on the bench. Please sack Grant tomorrow or you will have a team in Div 1 next season.

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Sun 12 Sep 15:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:13

Thanks for the Highlights Brian ,
Unfortunately once again it is more of a horror show , every goal gifted to them and Buffy was 100% correct about Graham how does he get a jersey ?
Dundee United must be laughing at us , taking him on loan and signing Mehmet
He was maybe ok in the division below but well out his depth in the Championship
gifts teams goals every game , On what I saw I actually felt a little sorry for OFW having that clown in front of him
Big changes need to happen !! ASAP ,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:15

The problem remains: any ball played steered down the Pars’ flanks turns our defence and creates something close to panic. Once the inevitable cross comes in, Graham can turn that into total panic.

The determination to stick with a three man defence plus the reluctance to play Gaspuitis given these problems, is puzzling. There’s a video of Gaspuitis on youtube that may have been compiled by his agent of course, but he is surely worth a run of games. Despite his size he looks reasonable on the turn and has the unusual ability to put in strong tackles and blocks with either foot. Not a natural carrier of the ball out of defence obviously, but evidence of being able to flight a decent ball out to the wings from deep.

The third goal we lost, staring from the unnecessary long thrown-in back to the edge of our penalty area, will probably be used for years to come as part of basic coaching drills.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:42

I’d ordinarily be saying don’t dishearten a young player and give him time to develop, make mistakes etc. But Ross Graham needs sending back to wherever he came from. Utd? Have him back…….. today

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:45

Have just watched the lowlights, Graham had an absolute nightmare, the defence looks like a Sunday league defence put together with whoever turns up

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:48

Ross Graham needs lifting by the polis for impersonating a footballer and fraud for taking money under false pretences my dug could defend better than that
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:49

He’s literally been that sh*te every single time he’s played.. how has he managed to get a contract at Dundee Utd?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 17:55

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Sun 12 Sep 17:49

He’s literally been that sh*te every single time he’s played.. how has he managed to get a contract at Dundee Utd?

Unfortunately this is true. If I remember rightly he made errors in the early home league cup wins that gifted Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir their goals. That should have set the alarm bells ringing. It certainly did with me and I know the square root of feck all about football

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 18:07

Graham had a hand in all 3 of their goals. Shocking performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 18:12

Quote:

DBA, Sun 12 Sep 18:07

Graham had a hand in all 3 of their goals. Shocking performance.

That 3rd goal is pathetic on all fronts. If Graham plays next Saturday I may vomit.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 18:37

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

……. shambles - play like that against ICT & we can expect a cricket score.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 18:57

Obviously the usual shambolic defending etc. etc.

Another thing to note though is how Todorov seems to get a chance about 1 yard out every single match and manages to put it straight at the keeper EVERY time. Even the goal he almost managed to not score. Comical from back to front.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 19:06

Says a lot about Grant that he isn't seeing that not only is Graham out his depth at the moment in a footballing sense but also, from a personal point of view, he's sticking a young laddie who is obviously rock bottom in confidence out in the firing line every week to get torn to shreds.

If only we had an experienced player who could take his place sitting in the wings.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sun 12 Sep 19:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pibroch  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 19:09

Quote:

plainview, Sun 12 Sep

Another thing to note though is how Todorov seems to get a chance about 1 yard out every single match and manages to put it straight at the keeper EVERY time. Even the goal he almost managed to not score. Comical from back to front.

He did exactly the same thing in the pre season game vs Civil Service Strollers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 19:16

It seems perverse to criticise our joint top scorer for missing chances when we`re leaking so many at the back.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 19:28

Geez the number 5 for us (Graham is anyone is in any doubt) is a total donkey.

This lad on his own has got grant the sack. Been a while since I seen a player so out of his depth in a pars shirt and I include williamson in that!

The guy Jones looks like a half decent amatuer playing down the Bally bank, how on earth did we manage to land ourselves with him? Way way off the pace!

I’m just not sure where we go from here. Who in that teams looks like a decent quality championship player? I’m more worried now than at any time since we got promoted back to championship.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 19:47

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 12 Sep 19:16

It seems perverse to criticise our joint top scorer for missing chances when we`re leaking so many at the back.

Not perverse at all. The defence is appalling but Todorov is missing chances aplenty. Why should he be exempt from criticism?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 19:55

Improving our strike force would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. No one`s exempt from criticism but it`s a matter of priorities.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 21:10

I was almost distraught at the passing back to our keeper, and the passes along our own goalmouth and I was convinced both Graham and Dorrans were going to be scoring OGs because of those alone.

I felt for Ryan Dow when he was subbed. He looked dejected after trying so hard. Hope Kai’s injury isn’t serious.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 21:38

Watched the highlights and Graham you could argue at fault for all three of them, was funny seeing him look around to blame someone else.

The worst defender in recent memories I can remember watching, he hasn’t had one good game with us to date.

That third goal just sums us up unfortunately. We are in serious trouble.

My fear is he’ll get another couple of games with COVID being his out for the last couple as much as it pains me to say it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 21:57

He didn't just look! He was shouting at folk for the 2nd after his man ran off him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 22:06

the attempts to stop the cross for the first goal were pathetic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 22:42

For the 3rd goal, Fon Williams can see the whole picture, he should never have passed to Graham there, suicidal ball.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 22:55

The lack of anticipation shown by Graham- and other defenders- has been evident from the very first games. On every highlights package I have seen, our defenders are second to every ball played into space and slow to react when anything breaks loose in the their own box. Peter Grant says the players are working hard in training but if that’s true there has to be a question about the quality of coaching.

There are basic routines to sharpen up reactions to deal with crosses, to encourage defenders to play on their toes instead of their heels - as ours are doing at present. These routines involve the coach deliberately confusing the defender at the last second with regard to the colour of bib or number he is to mark and probably date back in principle to the days of Roman gladiator schools. I thought this was schoolboy level coaching but since our defending is presently at schoolboy level it might be an idea to get back to basics.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 06:20

Graham and OFW were embarrassingly bad for the third goal. When Graham loses the ball OFW just falls to the ground when the cross comes in! Goals like that should not be getting conceded at this level. Sadly, we`re doing it every week. Since Grant has arrived he has provided us with the worst goalkeeping options in the division, the worst centre back I`ve seen in my time supporting the Pars and the worst midfielder! The board have a lot to answer for appointing him. Completely idiotic and zero logic behind it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 09:05

Sure Graham and Mehmet have a bet this year as to who will give away the most goals! 🤣🤣

How many are we going to concede to ICT and Raith?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net