DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 When is normal for an announcement?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 09:20

Assuming Grant will be chopped this week, when is normal for an announcement?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: When is normal for an announcement?
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 09:24

Quote:

jake89, Mon 13 Sep 09:20

Assuming Grant will be chopped this week, when is normal for an announcement?

Board meeting first thing Monday, punted by midday, (hopefully)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 09:30

Anything after midday today is unacceptable. Get Hamish (M`Lord) in there as caretaker.....nobody would dare say a bad work about him regardless of result.....haha

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 10:08

Well they are in

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 10:28

Dunfermline and assuming is very dangerous.

`Dunfermline are delighted to announce that Grant has signed a new 3 year deal with the aim of getting us out of League 2` incoming...

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 11:16

Worrying a tad, thought he'd be away by now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 11:21

He won’t be bagged today. Telling you.

Spines made of bubble wrap, and I fear the Germans are at this stage dont quite get it just yet to intervene….

He’ll be in the dugout for Inverness which will be a must win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:10

Don’t think he’ll go yet either.

Board will sympathise with the challenges the clubs had recently with COVID and give him Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:25

was a Wednesday for Johnston, Tuesday for Crawford.

if nothing happens by the end of tomorrow then he will be here for Saturday imo but its pointless, he is never going to come back from this. win on Saturday then lose the next week and you are back to this point, change it and start the process of where we go next.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:32

How many times does it have to be pointed out? Any `board` decision will have to be approved by the controlling shareholders ie the German investors. I know .net loves a scapegoat but this will be a collective decision.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevie Nicks  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:00

“Dunfermline and assuming is very dangerous.

`Dunfermline are delighted to announce that Grant has signed a new 3 year deal with the aim of getting us out of League 2` incoming...”

😂😂😂😂😂😂

“It’s not the name and number on the back of the shirt that counts… it’s the badge on the front”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:24

I fear he will be booed onto the park on Saturday which is something I’ve not seen since Andy Smith arrived from Airdrie

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 17:26

Wee Eck, three of the four German investors are on the DAFC board. Presumably, they will have been in on the meeting on zoom today. It is naive to think that everything has to stop until the fourth investor gets a say. Boards simply don`t work that way.

It is past 5 pm on Monday. If there is not an announcement tomorrow it will be held off until after the Inverness game.

Personally, I think they are delaying the inevitable. The sooner this is dealt with the better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 18:27

There will be no announcement as the board will refuse to take accountability for their mistakes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 18:43

Oz, all I was saying was that it`s a collective decision. There still seems to be a misapprehension amongst some on here that this will be down to the home-based directors and the chairman in particular.

dafc-chris1, if they decide to give him more time it will be because they genuinely think he can turn things round rather than to save face. People seem to forget that most of these guys run, or have run, successful businesses and this is effectively a business decision now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 19:11

Hopefully a meeting was held today, hammer out compensation and gtf tomorrow.

One can hope.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 19:34

Ain’t going to happen as quick as most hope.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Mon 13 Sep 19:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 19:58

I heard we're arranging a swap deal with ROI to bring back a fan favourite. Need to get things sorted before their game against Azerbaijan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 20:14

If he’s still in charge then I dread what Saturday will bring, a pumping and a toxic atmosphere at EEP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 21:08

I think a lot of people won’t even bother with Saturday if things don’t change

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 22:02

Success in business does not transfer across to success in running a football club; there are many examples from the recent past of that being the case. The same three ring circus operates I agree: shareholders/ managers and workers/customers. But the workers know they will be unemployed by age 32 at the latest. And the customers have nowhere else to go. Nobody asks for their ashes to be scattered into the plant pots at their favourite restaurant, bar or cinema. Football is different and maybe our owners are becoming aware of that if they read this site.

Let’s be careful though. However much we think the Peter Grant experiment should be terminated forthwith, who takes on the job if he is sacked tomorrow? The assistant coaches have had their influence called into question so they can hardly fill the breach. Does the Board then again make the very kind of snap appointment that they have been rightly criticised on here for doing the last time?
Until the Board have identified a few suitable candidates that can be checked out and be ready for interview then we will have to exercise some patience.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 23:04

anyone, absolutely anyone would be better than this fud. It’s disgusting what he’s doing, for the board to accept it is incredible.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 23:28

For the first time in my adult life, I'm available to watch the Pars but deciding not to. I could have bought the stream on Saturday but there was an air of inevitability about it. I'm glad I didn't.

This Saturday, I could go along to the game - but if Grant is still in charge, I won't be. Some may think I'm a part-time supporter but that couldn't be farther from the truth. The reality is I know what to expect and what's on show isn't acceptable.

After the past 18 months, EEP should be bouncing now that we're allowed back. The reality is we'd be better with no crowds given the negative feeling throughout the club. Let's hope the Board do the right thing before crowds drop any further.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 00:36

Pars4life1, when you say it’s disgusting what he is doing, what are you referring to?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 03:26

I was on the point of asking the very same question. If referring to the current set up and overall form of our team, then ‘disgusting’ seems a rather inappropriate epithet. If on the other hand there is criticism of a different sort, and I feel well-nigh certain that this is NOT the poster’s intention, then he / she would do well to clarify matters.

Likewise, I’m not happy with how things are right now, I mumped and moaned along with all the other long suffering folk who went to Ayr on Saturday, but I don’t like the use of the word ‘fud’ either. I appreciate feelings are running high, but this is really uncalled for. If you want the man removed from post then just say so, please could we avoid such visceral, personal name calling. This isn’t a defence of Peter Grant, just a plea for decency.

Leo Amery, a wartime Tory MP, quoted Cromwell’s words at poor old Neville Chamberlain : “ You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!” Maybe this is a little better way of demanding action !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 04:35

Quote:

parfection, Tue 14 Sep 03:26

I was on the point of asking the very same question. If referring to the current set up and overall form of our team, then ‘disgusting’ seems a rather inappropriate epithet. If on the other hand there is criticism of a different sort, and I feel well-nigh certain that this is NOT the poster’s intention, then he / she would do well to clarify matters.

Likewise, I’m not happy with how things are right now, I mumped and moaned along with all the other long suffering folk who went to Ayr on Saturday, but I don’t like the use of the word ‘fud’ either. I appreciate feelings are running high, but this is really uncalled for. If you want the man removed from post then just say so, please could we avoid such visceral, personal name calling. This isn’t a defence of Peter Grant, just a plea for decency.

Leo Amery, a wartime Tory MP, quoted Cromwell’s words at poor old Neville Chamberlain : “ You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!” Maybe this is a little better way of demanding action !

The plane cannot take off with a banner that length. Can it be shortened?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:08

Point taken - it could be summarised in one word : ‘go ‘. 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:51

Everything that was directed towards the manager and players was completely deserved and i don't care if the snowflakes feel uncomfortable about it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:02

As soon as I see or hear someone use the word “snowflake” I instantly down rate my perception of their IQ by at least 30 points, but you be you.

I’m bored of seeing fans screaming abuse at human beings who are trying to do a job - it’s not really worth it, and football fans need to grow up a bit if that’s how they get their kicks. Support the team, have a whinge by all means but abusing folk that you wouldn’t do if confronted face to face? Cowardly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:04

That all said, Grant out pls. Just to be clear 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:05

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Tue 14 Sep 08:51

Everything that was directed towards the manager and players was completely deserved and i don't care if the snowflakes feel uncomfortable about it

If one of the snowflakes smacked you in the mouth would you still be calling him a snowflake. Not so easy with no teeth I expect.
No, you would be the snowflake that reported your deserved smack in the mouth to the police.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 17:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:13

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 14 Sep 17:05

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Tue 14 Sep 08:51

If one of the snowflakes smacked you in the mouth would you still be calling him a snowflake. Not so easy with no teeth I expect.
No, you would be the snowflake that reported your deserved smack in the mouth to the police.

😂😂😂😂 get a grip ya fud

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:16

I don't think there is nothing happening regarding this.
It won't happen as quick as some hope because the board will take time to assess all options and probabilities with costs.

I expect they will be carrying out an international investigation into alleged player unrest, which they may then confront the manager with.

Whilst doing that they may be going over the CVs they got (oops just bit ma lip 😉) for the original vacancy.

Not quite as simple as saying, "Ok Grant here's yer totties".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:19

For us normally 6 months too late.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 19:30

There’s a board meeting every Monday….. Just saying.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:22

Quote:

buffy, Tue 14 Sep 19:30

There’s a board meeting every Monday….. Just saying.

It's very dissapointing that the board seem massively behind the curve with regards to the managerial situation.

Going into the game with Grant as manager will have long term implications with regards to how much the fans trust the board I feel.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:33

It’s also a difficult one, the board just simply bowing to the fans wishes sets a precedent that it’s hard to come back from.

So there will be a bit of reluctance in that respect.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 22:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:40

Alan temple from the courier has interviewed Grant with Grant saying that he “insists he’s going nowhere”

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 22:41)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net