DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grant interview
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:53

Is there a post match interview with Grant from the ayr game? Would like to have seen what he had to say about it.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Sep 13:53)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grant interview
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:56

On the official website: https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_Post_Ayr_United&ID=13330
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:57

its on the Club website , its a long interview , I got really cold in the stand watching him being interviewed.Havent listened to it myself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:59

That`s the post-match interview with the media but there doesn`t seem to be a club interview with the highlights this week. I hate to say it but you could probably recycle the interviews from the previous two games and there would be nothing new to add.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 14:00

Cheers guys.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Sep 14:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 15:08

It's never his fault, he never plays players out of position, or had signed players that are not good enough.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 15:39

To be fair he always says he can`t fault the players` attitude in training. The worry for me is that he seems unable to stop the poor starts, mistakes in defence etc which lead to a loss in confidence and start a vicious circle. We make enough chances to be competitive in most games but poor defending just saps morale amongst players and fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stand Up  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 15:47

You would think if he doesn’t get punted now, it is the time for him to at least try 4 at the back. Comrie/Edwards/Watson and Gaspuitis worked in several games last season when we had a decent defence.

Couple of wingers, of which we can pick from plenty that can play there. 2 holding in midfield (which is weak but maybe with a more solid defense can do a bit more) and one attacking mid playing behind Todorov up front.

We have the players for that so just give it a go!

Maybe his pride will get in the way of trying. Who knows.

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 16:06

Quote:

Stand Up, Mon 13 Sep 15:47

You would think if he doesn’t get punted now, it is the time for him to at least try 4 at the back. Comrie/Edwards/Watson and Gaspuitis worked in several games last season when we had a decent defence.

Couple of wingers, of which we can pick from plenty that can play there. 2 holding in midfield (which is weak but maybe with a more solid defense can do a bit more) and one attacking mid playing behind Todorov up front.

We have the players for that so just give it a go!

Maybe his pride will get in the way of trying. Who knows.

COYP!

OFW

Comrie/Watson/Vytas/Edwards

Dow/Dorrans/Cole/Thomas

Kennedy

Todorov
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 16:31

Genuine question - why is Wighton not in the starting line-up? He`s the best finisher at the club by miles.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 16:53

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 13 Sep 16:31

Genuine question - why is Wighton not in the starting line-up? He`s the best finisher at the club by miles.

If you mean the starting 11 above then I have no idea but if you mean the starting 11 in general then probably the same reason as Dom Thomas

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 17:08

Y’know, Da_no_1 that is one of my big unanswered questions too. I think back to last season at Cappielaw where Wighton scored an absolute stunner. As a player he reminds me a lot of Stevie Archibald though which, in the bizarre world of PG, may not do him a lot of favours. Wighton strikes me as chimeric, opportunistic and brilliant …… but not in every game, and, when he plays, mostly not for the whole of every game. Who knows what’s going on though. It’s all too depressing. If I’m being generous I think back to earlier in the season when I was exhorting people to have patience and saying that it would take time for the new manager to mould his playing style; since when it’s looked more like 11 dustbins versus whichever team they’re playing every week.
How much time does PG need? If only he’d be a bit more forthcoming with everyone about what he’s trying to achieve and how long it might take. He’s certainly not rallying the troops the way he’s going about it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 17:14

"Comrie/Edwards/Watson and Gaspuitis worked in several games last season when we had a decent defence"

is that meant to mean the 4 playing together? they have never played together in a 4, Arbroath the other week was the first time Watson and Gaspuitis were together as a pair and showed nothing to suggest thats a pairing imo.

Breen if he ever gets fit, over covid or whatever is the latest with him will be Graham`s replacement whether its in a 3 or 4 at the back.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Sep 17:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 18:48

You say he`ll be Graham`s replacement but why are you so sure? He`s played every game when he`s been available, Graham himself said in a recent interview that he`s done quite well, he was given the number 5 shirt when he signed (and we laughably posted a big "it`s happening" gif just before the announcement) and despite shipping goals left right and centre he`s never been replaced or even subbed off (that I can remember). Watson on the other hand in an interview said he was surprised to start against Arbroath. It wouldn`t surprise me I`d Grant played Breen at LCH, Graham in the middle and Jones at RCH.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 18:56

I thought Gaspuitis might have been `rested` on Saturday because he`d played for Lithuania in midweek against Italy but I see he was an unused sub in that game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 19:08

I just can’t believe this clown is still in charge of our team tonight. An absolute laughing stock
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 20:41

Just a thought. How good is Gaspuitis’ English. ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 20:50

Agree with da_no_1, seems like ever since Wighton had one of his poorer games (Morton?) he’s never had another opportunity.

He is by far the best finisher we have and I am certain had he be starting….we’d still be losing like but we’d have a couple more goals.

I still think our offence is top notch, Wighton, Kennedy, O’Hara, Todorov, Thomas. On paper, that would do nicely.

Just defence and midfield has deteriorated and dare I say it both were significantly better with Crawford.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net