DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grant Out (video from Saturday)
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 21:53

Peter Grant Out.

Vlog from Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Somerset Park ⬇️
https://youtu.be/mNlnr4KoDMI

Pars Review: https://twitter.com/parsreview?s=21
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grant Out (video from Saturday)
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 23:19

Oooft some reaction from the fans.

Can totally understand it, but a bit too much for me.

The board need to do the right thing and part ways with Grant now because it’s getting toxic and there’s no chance we’ve got a team wanting to play for us right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 00:57

Quote:

Berry, Mon 13 Sep 23:19

Oooft some reaction from the fans.

Can totally understand it, but a bit too much for me.

The board need to do the right thing and part ways with Grant now because it’s getting toxic and there’s no chance we’ve got a team wanting to play for us right now.

How do you expect players or anyone not to react to some of the abuse shouted and jestured by our so called fans That was pretty embarrasing to watch adults act like that .

Yes our season has also been bad and to an extent embarrasing also ,but does not justify that onslaught .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 07:28

It is OTT Rigger Al, not disagreeing with you, actually put me off taking my boy to the game this coming Saturday. To be honest can’t believe I’m still contemplating going.

If I was a player, after experiencing that kind of reaction from fans I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest if we lost week in week out.

Someone mentioned similar previously and whoever it was is right, long gone are the days where players play for the club with some heart. It’s a merry go round of players around the same clubs to pick up a contract knowing they’ll be moving on sharpish. Long gone are the days where the fans commit fully to a player for similar reasons.

Falkingham is the last person I’ve seen that showed the want to be here, work hard and put some heart into performances. Night and day when you look at players like Graham and Dorrans who look like they just don’t give a toss.

I remember the game where Falkinghams folks came up to watch him for the first game and he should’ve been sent off after about 30seconds!

I wouldn’t recommend it but the best way to act is with your feet, whether that is non-attendance or walkout. Nobody likes to see the reaction from the fans there on Saturday.

I would be really disappointed in the board if they do not remove Grant from his post now. This club is going downhill and fast, it’s clear to see and they need to temporarily put a band aid on and look for another solution.

If they don’t I fear the toxic vibes on Saturday won’t be directed at Grant but at those men in blazers in the main stand.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 07:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 07:49

So what do you actually expect after that performance? Players to get a round of applause and no one to bother? Start of the season is embarrassing and how else will we let manager and players know it’s unacceptable?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:09

To be honest I've seen worse!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:11

You would think with trouble brewing we would get some sort of communication from the board

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:20

I can understand people’s frustration and anger, but the scenes at the end are quite unsavoury.
Well done Ben young lad, keep the chin up. In times of adversity, you are a likeable young lad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:27

"So what do you actually expect after that performance? Players to get a round of applause and no one to bother? Start of the season is embarrassing and how else will we let manager and players know it’s unacceptable?

There is no justification for screaming abuse in a player`s face.
Loudly booing the players off or leaving early would get the message across perfectly well, IMO

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:32

Whilst I don't agree with the screaming and shouting, the fans are fed up. Grant needs to go but those players need a good boot up the backside too. They've given up. Maybe they're fed up being played out of position or even being played when they know there are better players benched. Either way, Grant HAS to go or EEP will be empty. I've been planning on taking the kids to their first game but can't if the atmosphere is going to be this bad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:54

Tbh I don’t think the anger is purely caused by the catastrophic results under PG. It has been the continual appointment of poor managers and naive team structures and tactics for season after season.

I think PG is the straw that broke the camels back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 11:28

Well done Ben, I'm really struggling with the hierarchy of the Pars just now. I was really pleased they sought external investment in the club after admitting they were struggling with the income required to progress and by all accounts the Germans seem like good guys that want to sustainably grow the club.

However the hiring of Grant seemed like a backwards step. Crawford did a decent job of getting the squad sorted after the mess AJ left it in, and also managed to get a great sellable asset in Nisbet, we needed to bring in someone who would be able to get us to the next level. I'm aware this is difficult, but getting in a narcissist who didn't even bother applying after being relegated from our league doesn't seem like a logical hiring and so far it's greatly backfired. I pray the board admit their mistake and cut bait before further damage is done.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 11:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:36

Nearly all the abuse after the match was directed at Dorrans, who honestly looks like he has no wish to break sweat and Grant for incompetence.
The team has zero confidence, in particular in defence.
We don’t have a decent keeper, it’s like the 1980s before Leishman signed Westy.
There’s obviously something wrong between the manager and some of the players but I don’t know if that’s all down to Grant.
Apart from Kennedy recruitment has been abysmal.
If Grant is relieved of manager’s job whoever comes in is still going to have issues with the defence until a new keeper is recruited.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:17

vasco wrote:

> Nearly all the abuse after the match was directed at Dorrans,
> who honestly looks like he has no wish to break sweat and Grant
> for incompetence.
> The team has zero confidence, in particular in defence.
> We don’t have a decent keeper, it’s like the 1980s before
> Leishman signed Westy.
> There’s obviously something wrong between the manager and
> some of the players but I don’t know if that’s all down to
> Grant.
> Apart from Kennedy recruitment has been abysmal.
> If Grant is relieved of manager’s job whoever comes in is
> still going to have issues with the defence until a new keeper
> is recruited.

Bit unfair on the late Hugh Whyte but agreed that without a decent or at least competent goalkeeper, the club is in trouble.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:33

Thanks Ben.

Have any football club`s board of directors openly admitted to making mistakes when they come to the decision to sack a manager?

Most statements made consist of "due to a recent set of poor results and our subsequent loss in xxxx cup rounds, we have today decided to part company with xxxx; xxxx will take charge of our forthcoming fixture v xxxx; and in the interim we shall be preparing a list of suitable managerial candidates."

I`ve been typing statements for years - no` about football managers mind you.
Dotnet rates apply!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:04

Raymie at what point did I say hurling abuse at players was acceptable? People trying to get behind the team and that’s what’s served up, they didn’t even look bothered half of them at the end, no apology to the fans or anything

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:47

It read like the fans had no other choice? If that wasn`t your intention, then I apologise?

Unfortunately, some players don`t care as much as others. That is the situation with all clubs, across every level. Long gone are the days when professional teams would be filled with players that grew up as fans of the club.
It`s up to the managers to get these players to perform to an acceptable level or leave them out and eventually show them the door ( contracts permitting )

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 15:15

No need to apologise, all I meant was after the start of the season we’ve had, there has been zero response from the players or manager, and especially after another poor display and the fact they had to walk over the terracing next to the fans there was always going to be something like that happening, although when I was standing there, it didn’t appear to get too heated or nothing that was OTT. Just the standard GTF Grant really and the outburst from Dorrans after one fan made a comment

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net