DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mass walkout and enough is enough
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 06:48

Post doing the rounds on FB and a sign outside the ticket office at EEP this morning.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mass walkout and enough is enough
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 07:23

Just to clarify I had nothing to do with either and can confirm this as there is no spelling mistakes and no crayons where used to write or draw them. 😏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:27

Not seeing anything on Facebook.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:42

There is a spelling mistake 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:44

Quote:

londonparsfan, Tue 14 Sep 08:42

There is a spelling mistake 😉

🤣🤣 Still wasn't me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:45

From my perspective, I have supported the club for almost 50 years. I have seen the good times and bad times over those years. At the end of the day its a sport, whether the team win or lose on a Saturday it does not greatly impact my life. I am not a so called happy clapper. As a supporter I support the club no matter the result. You have to maintain a positive outlook. The choice I have is not to go to the games if I am dissatisfied. I have no doubt that the management and players are aware of the issues but I think it is very important to consider the impact of any actions taken, as such action may have a direct impact on their lives.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 08:46

Quote:

jake89, Tue 14 Sep 08:27

Not seeing anything on Facebook.

Check pars supporters tour group page.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:03

Thanks. Not sure about bringing Norrie into it but it will perhaps send a message.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:04

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:10

Click here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:14

What happens if we are 2 or 3 goals up in 3 minutes 🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:15

Quote:

summeragent, Tue 14 Sep 09:14

Everyone would be too distracted by the flying pigs and freezing of hell to notice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:21

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:22

The sign has been removed from the front of the ticket office now🙄🙄
Wonder why they've done that🤔🤔🤔🤔

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 09:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:23

2,3 goals up in 3 mins ....hahaha brilliant 😄 😆 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:25

What a load of rubbish. Can't see you getting more than a handful of fans leaving after 4 minutes.
Using the number 4 isn't great either. Norrie would be spinning in his grave at the thought of so called supporters walking out on the team. If you are going to the match get behind the side.
It's early in the season, yip results arent what anyone has wanted but we need to give this young side our backing.
I wouldn't say Peter Grant has been a failed coach wherever he has been. If he has he was still getting some pretty big coaching positions before he took the Alloa job
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:27

Quote:

jake89, Tue 14 Sep 09:15

Quote:

summeragent, Tue 14 Sep 09:14

Everyone would be too distracted by the flying pigs and freezing of hell to notice.

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:31

Red star, "I wouldn`t say Peter Grant has been a failed coach where ever he`s been ".
You been drinking

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:34

Get the reference to our best ever player & captain so far to fk away from this.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:35

^^ this

embarrassing stuff!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:41

Yeah, can see the rationale behind the 4 mins but don’t go there.

Don’t attend or leave on any other minute, would argue the 3rd minute is most appropriate given recent results.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:44

Whole thing is embarrassing. I am as hacked off as anyone with the current situation, but a walk out??? Seriously? If you think this will bring it to the boards attention I’m sure they are more than aware of the fans feelings about PG
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:52

Tennis balls on the pitch would have more of an impact IMO. The board have shown contempt for the fans before, walking out won’t make them bat an eye lid I don’t think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 09:57

It will be a low attendance and there will be no mass walk out.

At the end of the day, if you`re motivated enough to go to the game, you`re unlikely to want to leave as soon as you`ve got there.

Fair enough if you have some horrific individual running your club or in the dug out, but we don`t have that.

What we`ve actually got is a guy who has presided over 4 pretty awful performances on the bounce and a chairman who has worked tirelessly to both ensure we have a club in the first place and then to ensure that it got off the canvas and back into a league where we can actually function as a business. He`s now found external investment to try and move us forward again.

I wouldn`t have appointed Peter Grant, I don`t think he`ll turn this around either and I`d be happy if he were removed. The vitriol by some is embarrassing though.

As an aside, if you are wanting to arrange a walk out, it`s more likely to be effective if you pitch it as a half-time walk out - we`ll likely be losing and everyone will have had their bridie by then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:12

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Tue 14 Sep 09:52

Tennis balls on the pitch would have more of an impact IMO. The board have shown contempt for the fans before, walking out won’t make them bat an eye lid I don’t think.

That sounds like a good shout lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:15

I would rather not attend than walk out after 4 minutes, I am a season ticket holder so DAFC already have my money.

The 4th minute is only because it was Norries
number and has nothing to do with our predicament at this time. If you are planning going through with this please change the walk out time.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 13:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:20

Fans actually turning their back on the team on the pitch is a much more eyecatching spectacle, if you must protest then make it something that everybody would be prepared to do, if it’s at the 4th minute then that’s appropriate

I can’t see people coming along and paying their entry fee then walking out after 4 mins

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: msgribbin  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 11:40

Following a football team isn`t entirely a rational affair, even so perspective well and truly lost here

There have been 4 poor performances and bad results on the bounce. The manager isn`t popular and not my cup of tea either. Wish it was going better.

But this isn`t unprecedented territory, it isn`t even unusual. Sport brings up and downs, bad phases and good. Pars could be doing better, there have also been worse times. Early 80s, pre Leishman anyone ? In more recent memory, nearly losing the club. 4 bad defeats and a manager you don`t like doesn`t remotely compare.

If mistakes have been made then they`re honest mistakes, no-one here is setting out to fail. There are few walks of life where people perform better when subjected to endless on-line trolling and slavering abuse. It won`t work here either.

If you don`t like what`s going on to the extent that you can`t enjoy the games or support the club, fair enough. You pay your money to be entertained and you`re not getting that. Also fair comment. Vote with your feet. Just don`t go. Save your money. Redirect yourself into something that doesn`t leave you raging like this. It lacks perspective and it ain`t healthy.

Honestly how you think bringing all this negative energy into the ground is possibly going to help anyone or anything beggars belief. It does also reek of a sense of misplaced entitlement - this is the Pars and this is Scottish football, bad phases are part and parcel.

Worse situations than this have been turned around. I doubt we will this year if I`m honest but it certainly isn`t impossible. But the more negativity there is, the more beleaguered players feel, the less likely that becomes.

I wouldn`t normally bother responding to this sort of post but honestly the 4th minute thing tipped it for me. Like I`d think a lot of folk on here I knew Norrie - not well but I knew him. He took the time to talk to Pars daft laddies like me and later I drank in his bar. His love and commitment for the club burned through every time. The idea he would have backed this sort of protest against his team.....I find that impossible to believe.

Enough with that now.

Mark G
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 11:52

Nailed it ^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 11:59

Not sure how I feel about walking out on the club it's not something I would do personally.

But let's not kid ourselves that the frustration of the fans is down to 4 stinking results and performances this season.

What do people think would have happened if fans had been at the play off defeat, The 1-0 loss to alloa before the play offs or the 5-1 hammering by the Rovers the list could go on and on.

Last season, The previous season. The pars in my opinion have been rotten to watch for seasons now.

Yes we have the odd good win or even the promise of a decent season but in the end it is always dire.

Folk will say we ended up in the play offs last season but so what we didn't get promoted and that's the whole point in the play offs.

We are murder and folk that go week in and week out have had enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:06

What an utterly embarrassing and shameful idea - surely a wind-up?

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:15

Agree buffy,thought our fans were better than that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:21

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea tbh. Liverpool done it in the 77th minute in 2016 over ticket prices, only difference being 10,000 walked out. If we’re losing heavily most will have left before the 77th minute. Leaving early shows the club that next week they might not even bother turning up and paying the entry fee.

Ross McCarthur used to talk about transparency but I can honestly say I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club. This season should have been exciting, new owners, talk of big things for the club and instead we got a manager no one wanted, who’s signed badly, playing good players out of position and running up a pretty stinking record. The board sitting on their hands watching it all fall to pieces. And before anyone says “it’s early days”, utter drivel. He’s had that team assembled for months and we’re actually getting worse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:22

We all know it`s easier to follow a team that`s doing well than a team that`s doing badly but there`s no way I`d go all the way to a match to walk out after 4 minutes or any other designated time. I`m sure the owners/directors will get the message without this sort of gesture.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:42

Will cost me £54 for me and my three bairns this sat. Think I'll stay for the 90 minutes (then boo 😂)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:46

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Tue 14 Sep 12:42

Will cost me £54 for me and my three bairns this sat. Think I'll stay for the 90 minutes (then boo 😂)

What!!!! Even if they win! There is just no pleasing some folk 😁
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:47

Empty seats will get the message across better than a few people walking out after 4 minutes.

There's always a debate about this as you should support your club through thick and thin but this feels like the club are inflicting the pain on themselves. Grant has to go or else there is a massive risk of relegation. We may need to consider looking at the whole coaching set up too. I don't like seeing people put out of jobs but failure to respond may cost us way more in the long run.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsman  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 12:53

Don`t attend game. Fans not turning up is the best & quickest way to get message across.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 13:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:06

Will only get the message across if the bod are willing to act. Said this to a few mates on Saturday should he get sacked? yes will he get sacked? no. Sacking him would be the bod admitting they ballsed it up which won't happen until its too late.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:10

That's a confusing post. Surely it doesn't matter when he gets sacked, they'll still be admitting that they made a mistake? Next week.....next month......next year?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:16

Football can be a strange game.

Its all piled against PG for Saturday.

....I wouldnt be surprised to see a twist in the plot.

I`ll be there supporting my team on Saturday.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:18

Firstly, I will not be walking out on the team/club I have supported for 70 years. Secondly I am finding this suggestion quite embarrassing, and all this talking about sacking? I think a better way to go about it , if possible would be a situation where they could try to get it as by mutual consent. With the ferocity of a certain section of our fans , who are try to get PG out, if an agreement cannot be reached this could create a stand off.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 13:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:20

I don't know what will happen on Saturday, however if I didn't have a season ticket I doubt that I would go to the game on Saturday. We have 2000 season ticket that meant if we allow for the Arbroath fans 700 paid at the gate. If we keep going the way we are this will drop further. If Grant gets us relegated what will be the numbers next season? Will we go back into administration or even worse. Board get rid of him or face the worst.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:30

Just sounds like attention seeking nonsense to me. What is anyone hoping to achieve by this?

Everyone knows it`s terrible on the park just now, and all of the directors will be perfectly well aware just how fans feel.

I guess it`ll probably happen but will be a small number and barely noticeable. I won`t be partaking.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:42

Very good post by msgribbin.

I`d be interested to know how many "mass" actually equates to. I`d hazard a guess at a few dozen?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:44

Quote:

Socks, Tue 14 Sep 13:30

Just sounds like attention seeking nonsense to me. What is anyone hoping to achieve by this?

Everyone knows it`s terrible on the park just now, and all of the directors will be perfectly well aware just how fans feel.

I guess it`ll probably happen but will be a small number and barely noticeable. I won`t be partaking.

Aim would be to display just how fed up people are. I don't agree with the 4 minute thing but see where they're coming from. However, a better way would be to not attend at all and perhaps contribute to the club separately, or to go down the route of a banner.

There is no question that PG is the wrong guy. I'm sure he's a nice guy and could be great elsewhere, but he is not a Pars manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:55

I have a ST and won’t be going anywhere near that drubbing.

£100 on ICT -1 plz
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:00

The performances so far that have been served up have been shocking, the manager is so stubborn he won’t change his formation and continues to play players out of position. Get behind the team from the start, however if PG keeps selecting the same players that are letting him down then that’s on him. If we get another heavy defeat Saturday then we need to make our voices heard by the BOD, that Grant must go!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:06

I’ll be there supporting the team, hoping we can turn things around.

If things are as bad as they have been though, I will be venting frustration. Not in the form of any personal abuse directed at anyone. But there will be booing and shouts that the manager has to go. But that doesn’t need to be a personal attack. He was already proven to be incompetent/out of his depth at this level and didn’t even apply for this job - how can he then be blamed for being incompetent?

As for the 4th minute idea, get a grip. Nobody will travel to the game (even if it’s a 5 minute walk) with the intention of walking out after 4 minutes. If that’s your plan, it would be more effective to save your time/money by not turning up at all. If we play as badly as we have been, I’ll likely leave early as ICT will destroy us. But not as part of some stupid mass walkout protest.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:09

Or they don't sack him they already admitted they didn't want Crawford to leave so obviously happy to accept mediocre season after season.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:10

I don't blame the guys trying something to get the message across that fans arnt happy, I'm sure there are loads of guys posting on dot net that marched from the glen gates to EEP when Big Jim was replaced by Munro.
I don't think walking out is the answer but also I don't know what the answer is.
It's not just the sacking of PG that is the problem, we also have Dom Thomas (club captain at start of season)wanting to leave the club as well as Dorrans telling fans to Feck off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 14:59

What right do you think you have to involve one of the greatest servants to this club in something he would never support?

Some excellent thoughtful posts here countering a daft idea, which appears to be supported by the younger, or certainly less responsible minority.

Rember a time when people wrote to the appropriate parties to voice displeasure.
I dont mean email, I mean a proper letter. I think that would be more effective, but maybe too much effort.

It doesnt have to be toxic just make your point politely.

A number of sacks of sacks of snailmail would be visual enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 15:24

The reason norrie wouldn't support this is because the players would never have downed tools under his captaincy. A proper leader of men.

Everyone turning their back to the field would send a clear message.

As people said walking out doesn't really have a huge impact as they have the money already.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 15:28

How about a chant of your not fit to wear the shirt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 15:32

Either not going to the game or going to the game and turning your backs to the pitch for a length of time would be far better than walking out. Even being silent for the whole game however bad would be good, just to show the board enough is enough, but that`ll probably be impossible lol.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 15:46

How about walking out in the minute equivalent of how many goals we’ve conceded? Then again if we play as we normally do we’ll be there the whole match anyway..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 15:53

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 14 Sep 14:59

What right do you think you have to involve one of the greatest servants to this club in something he would never support?

Some excellent thoughtful posts here countering a daft idea, which appears to be supported by the younger, or certainly less responsible minority.

Rember a time when people wrote to the appropriate parties to voice displeasure.
I dont mean email, I mean a proper letter. I think that would be more effective, but maybe too much effort.

You can’t genuinely believe writing a letter to the club would achieve anything? Only thing that will work is starving the club of cash unfortunately.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:02

I think the back turning would be affective, I personally will not be back at EE till PG has gone. I have bought the game online to support the club money wise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:06

It’s looking more likely that he will still be in charge for the Inverness game.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 16:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:15

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Tue 14 Sep 15:53

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 14 Sep 14:59

You can’t genuinely believe writing a letter to the club would achieve anything? Only thing that will work is starving the club of cash unfortunately.

What fan would want to starve the club of income !
This is a crazy suggestion or thought .
As for the reduced numbers attending ,I think this is also due to games being purchased on parstv .
If pars tv was not avaliable Im sure you would see more bums on seats at EEP.
Would be interesting to see how many purchase pars tv and have a number of people viewing on one purchase This of coarse is a huge saving for young families who maybe take a couple of kids along.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:19

I honestly don’t have a problem with people walking out after a few mins, just not 4 as its distasteful and not really thought through.

Most I imagine will be season ticket holders so not that big an issue, can’t see many paying to get in to just leave at the start, better just not to show up from a cash perspective i’d imagine.

Fans are entitled to leave when they want so if they choose to do this then fair enough and it will have an impact.

Quite like the silence idea as well, I’m becoming an auld fart so some quiet would be good for a change.

I’ll be there and won’t be walking out, no reason other than it’s a couple of hours breather from the house!

In terms of starving the club of income, think one of the aggravating factors is fans are supplying them with income and they are throwing some of it down the drain at the moment.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 16:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:34

What a lot of utter nonsense. It’s a game of football at the end of the day. Some folk really do need to get a grip of their sad little existence. For example check out the nick of that utter clown jumping around in Ben Crawfords VLOG . Imagine letting yourself get that wound up at a Scottish championship football team. There’s being angry and then there’s having a full on tantrum. As for bringing Norrie in to it ? Absolute cancer!
Get that idea in the bin.
Ridiculous
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:49

Yeah that wasn’t nice to see, we all have that minority of fuelled up plonkers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 16:55

shows exactly what is wrong with the social media era. World is full of experts now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:18

Could be a very low crowd. What with the recent poor performances and the likely hostile atmosphere a lot of people will stay away.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:22

Here is a radical idea...lets try getting behind the team and manager on Saturday and see what happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:23

Topic Originator: Parsman
Date: Tue 14 Sep 12:53

Don`t attend game. Fans not turning up is the best & quickest way to get message across.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 13:09

This 100%. Me and 3 others won`t be back until PG is gone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 17:33

Toilet rolls and tennis balls, everytime Inverness scores mind bring loads

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 18:07

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 14 Sep 16:15

What fan would want to starve the club of income !
This is a crazy suggestion or thought .
As for the reduced numbers attending ,I think this is also due to games being purchased on parstv .
If pars tv was not avaliable Im sure you would see more bums on seats at EEP.
Would be interesting to see how many purchase pars tv and have a number of people viewing on one purchase This of coarse is a huge saving for young families who maybe take a couple of kids along.

I wouldn’t, hence why I said unfortunately. My point was things like walk outs, banners etc will fall on deaf ears. Only thing that will make them sit up and take notice is people not turning up to games, hence starving the club of income. They wouldn’t have a choice but to act.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 20:32

Kba if nothing else, it seems to have drawn attention enough for the national news to do a short story on this clown

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 20:39

Things can change quite quickly in football. Last season a lot of Hearts` fans were wanting rid of Robbie Neilson. I wonder how they feel now? I`m not saying the same will happen with PG but it just shows how fickle fans can be.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 21:12

Half way through last season the Dundee fans were all wanting James McPake out - he then signed a decent goalkeeper and everything turned round for them.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 21:18

Quote:

AJ27, Tue 14 Sep 21:12

Half way through last season the Dundee fans were all wanting James McPake out - he then signed a decent goalkeeper and everything turned round for them.

Our problem is the manager signed a keeper worse than the one we already had.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 21:26

Worst keeper I’ve ever seen at our club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 21:28

Quote:

Berry, Tue 14 Sep 21:26

Worst keeper I’ve ever seen at our club.

He can touch the bar though. Not sure if that is a nervous tick when under pressure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 21:38

This is on twitter now:

https://twitter.com/nwfaithful/status/1437874551149547521?s=21

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:10

Well guys,I have looked at all the posts, for and against. No way,after watching this club ,for 60 years, that I am going to turn my back,leave early, or abuse the management team,or players.I have seen ,so much turmoil, in the early 70s, to get upset by this.I am willing, to give grant more time,I know many will disagree, but hey ho ,I am an old fashioned pars fan,and traditionalist.Norrie would never approve,of such action.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 22:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:31

Quote:

twin par, Tue 14 Sep 22:10

Well guys,I have looked at all the posts, for and against. No way,after watching this club ,for 60 years, that I am going to turn my back,leave early, or abuse the management team,or players.I have seen ,so much turmoil, in the early 70s, to get upset by this.I am willing, to give grant more time,I know many will disagree, but hey ho ,I am an old fashioned pars fan,and traditionalist.Norrie would never approve,of such action.

Since the early 70s we've either over performed three times, or been ***** bar three good spells.

Maybe if fans took a more active role in persuading the board we'd have a better record, who knows.

It's an odd one, on one hand supporting the team is what we know, and as a default is what we do, however if the Masterton era thought us anything, it's that blindly following those who control the club believing they're doing the best for the club, is foolish.

And currently at the moment we are not being run to the best of our capabilities, the only consistency we have is that we'll always put a board statement out for the most minor of fan disturbances, while then making the wrong decisions with regards to the running of the club.

Lucky to have a club, give us more money on the centenary lifeline, put ticket prices up, ask for donations when you buy them - Headhunt Peter Grant.

Cheers Ross.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:54

Look can we take Norrie out of this full stop.

Lads acknowledged they made a mistake with the 4min thing (judging by the change in stance), but let’s not continue with the Norrie would disapprove either.

Edit to add - totally agree with Grant.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 23:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 23:05

I won`t be walking out on Saturday but I totally understand why some will. The club are poorly run at the moment and employed a manager that no one can convince me had any right to be here and results have proved that. I will most likely struggle to hold my tongue when Grant walks in before the game starts but no wonder! He hasn`t achieved a clean sheet in any game he`s managed (including friendlies) and every one of his signings apart from Todorov and Kennedy have been pathetic. I`ve never seen such incompetence at a club from top to bottom and some fans have finally came to the conclusion that this might make the people upstairs think again. Personally, I don`t think they`ll care. I feel the fans are just seen as a source of income to some of them - nothing more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 23:13

And if we are winning ? Sorry but this has been thought up by the utterly brainless in our support. This has to be a wind up surely?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 23:28

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 14 Sep 23:13

And if we are winning ? Sorry but this has been thought up by the utterly brainless in our support. This has to be a wind up surely?

Granted that’s a good reason why the 60th minute is also a bit silly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 23:29

Quote:

Indiapar, Tue 14 Sep 17:22

Here is a radical idea...lets try getting behind the team and manager on Saturday and see what happens.

I’ve tried that last few weeks , never worked unfortunately. Happy to continue backing them if I can see some sort of attempt to change things to try and turn things around but as of yet I’m yet to see any changes making any improvement, in fact it seems to be getting worse.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Sep 23:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 23:36

You show your discontent by not turning up simple as that people not going through the gates shows that. Or if you want a walk out why not just walk out as soon as the whistle blows to start the match. But the correct decision would be to just not turn up to the game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PostmanPar  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 01:59

The only problem with changing it to the 60th minute is having to stay that long before we can leave!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 02:49

A lot of knicker-wetting going on here, as per usual.

Let people do whatever they want if they are wanting to protest the current situation. What will it achieve? Nothing, probably. I doubt this was to pressure the board in to sacking Grant, rather more to compound the disdain the fans feel and show the board in full view how much the fans are upset by the current situation.

It will achieve nothing, and I think people are aware of that, but rather than “writing a strongly worded letter”, it would be easier just for a few hundred people to arrange to walk out at the one time to make a statement with their feet, rather than write letters, emails etc that will largely just go ignored. A lot more personal to do the walkout thing.

“Why would you pay just to walk out?” Who is seriously going to be paying a walk-in price to watch this, then leave early? As people on here may know, I travel from Glasgow to follow the Pars most weeks, but am I hell going to this. I wouldn’t travel 5 minutes to pay at the gate to watch us right now. The only ones that will be there on Saturday will be the diehard season ticket holders. I think that is the point: to get people with season tickets that weren’t originally going to come out and leave early at the one moment to make a statement with their feet.

We all have opinions on things, but less of the condescending statements, eh? This is why no-one takes this forum seriously.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 07:33

Seems to me that the reason for this protest is to make a statement to the board as the board don`t seem to understand the situation.

I think it`s very niave to think the board do not understand the situation. I`m sure they have looked at the league table 😁

Do you not think that they may already be wise enough to understand the situation, and may possibly be trying to see how to reverse the situation ? I`m sure they are not sitting back.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 07:36

Quote:

brian, Wed 15 Sep 07:33

Seems to me that the reason for this protest is to make a statement to the board as the board don`t seem to understand the situation.

I think it`s very niave to think the board do not understand the situation. I`m sure they have looked at the league table 😁

Do you not think that they may already be wise enough to understand the situation, and may possibly be trying to see how to reverse the situation ? I`m sure they are not sitting back.

That probably is true Brian but it's being drawn out to long and it's causing more unrest with the fans and also probably the players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 07:48

Quote:

AJ27, Tue 14 Sep 21:12

Dundee's fortunes also took a turn for the better when they got rid of a dud called Dorrans .
Wonder what happened to him 🤔

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 08:34

Brian, how else do you expect fans to behave?

A club cannot in one hand expect blind loyalty and passion, not to have the negatives when things aren’t going well?

- you want to protest on Saturday - fine
- you want to not attend? - fine
- you want to go along and see what happens - fine
- you want to be loyal regardless and give the guy another chance - fine

As long as we can keep the abuse away from it - can’t understand what the big problem is? Fans are ridden by clubs rotten for most part in terms of cash expectation. They shouldn’t be surprised when performance and results are bad that fans look for ways to get their attention. Especially when there has been absolute silence from the board about how this season is panning out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 08:38

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 15 Sep 08:34

Brian, how else do you expect fans to behave?

A club cannot in one hand expect blind loyalty and passion, not to have the negatives when things aren’t going well?

- you want to protest on Saturday - fine
- you want to not attend? - fine
- you want to go along and see what happens - fine
- you want to be loyal regardless and give the guy another chance - fine

As long as we can keep the abuse away from it - can’t understand what the big problem is? Fans are ridden by clubs rotten for most part in terms of cash expectation. They shouldn’t be surprised when performance and results are bad that fans look for ways to get their attention. Especially when there has been absolute silence from the board about how this season is panning out.

👏👏👏👏👏
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 09:19

If I was to put an optimists hat on. IF we were to beat ICT a team with a 100% record to date (with a manager no one on here rated) then that could be a turning point in our season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 15:23

If we do somehow miraculously put in a performance and get a convincing win, it will be fascinating to see the reaction of the fans. I'm kinda thankful I can't make game on Saturday, as I have a really bad feeling about it...

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 16:05

That's what I'm dreading Milos.
I'm a ST holder but I'm seriously thinking about sitting at home with a few beers

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 16:07

Be nice to see all the Johnny Bravo wannabes walking out and throwing their arms in the air like they just don`t care. Wee bit of pointing, touch of shouting, tapping the badge. HARD AS NAILLLZZLZLZZZZ

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 16:13

It fans want to walk out in protest that is entirely up to them. They have paid thier entrance fee so club don't lose money.
If you can think of another way to let the board know they are not happy please share

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 17:07

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Wed 15 Sep 16:13

It fans want to walk out in protest that is entirely up to them. They have paid thier entrance fee so club don't lose money.
If you can think of another way to let the board know they are not happy please share

Oh i don't know... something radical and new... a Large Banner perhaps? Crazzzzy i know.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 18:20

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Wed 15 Sep 16:13

I think they know.
No need for the theatrics.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 18:24

Think that’s what’s frustrating the fans wanting to do this the most. They don’t feel listened to because of the silence. It’s like they are in hiding until it all blows over leaving Grant to face into it alone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 20:55

Wooooow, A banner ...that is crazy

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 21:01

The simplest way of showing displeasure is not to go at all. If you want to do this but don't want the club to lose out on money, you can still contribute via the lifeline.

Banners will highlight the displeasure but it looks like no change is coming any time soon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 21:37

Am I happy with the manager/team at present - clearly a no. But whoever is behind this shambles of a suggestion is an absolute tool

Post Edited (Wed 15 Sep 21:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 22:36

Quote:

cfad, Wed 15 Sep 21:37

Am I happy with the manager/team at present - clearly a no. But whoever is behind this shambles of a suggestion is an absolute tool

Unfortunately far too many of our "Fans" could put DeWalt to shame.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 22:55

Not sure why it bothers folk so much? If they want to leave at any point, they can do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 10:36

My feeling`s are, he`ll get to into the beginning of Oct.
They certainly can`t wait till any later, especially if results all round haven`t went our way.
So any kind of protest I fear will fall on deaf ears.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 12:15

I think that the message has got across to both manager and players. My fear with all of this is how will it affect them on Saturday if supporters walk out if I was in the players and managers shoes how would that affect me. Also what message does it send to any potential future manager and player The atmosphere I think for Saturday needs to be the complete opposite support the manager and team for the full 90 minutes. The results will eventually speak for themselves if we continue to lose games despite the full support of the fans. It does not need a gesture of discontent that I think would have a long term impact on the reputation of our supporters. Players come and go as do managers, supporters tend to be life long and through difficult times, I would rather be remembered as a group of supporters who got behind the club during such difficult circumstances. I think if supporters walked out, I personally would consider not going back as it would not be something I would want to be associated with. Its personal choice at the end of the day. Its only a game and entertainment for me, but for those at the club its a livelihood.

Post Edited (Thu 16 Sep 12:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 12:24

Happy talk, keep talking, happy talk!

Post Edited (Thu 16 Sep 12:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 13:33

supporter
/səˈpɔːtə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: supporters
a person who approves of and encourages a public figure, political party, policy, etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 13:59

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 16 Sep 13:33

supporter
/səˈpɔːtə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who approves of and encourages a public figure, political party, policy, etc.

Blindly supporting those in charge nearly killed the club under Masterton .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 14:02

A regime that was enabled by this forum, btw.

Post Edited (Thu 16 Sep 15:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 14:04

Quote:

Grant, Thu 16 Sep 13:59

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 16 Sep 13:33

supporter
/səˈpɔːtə/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Blindly supporting those in charge nearly killed the club under Masterton .

If you are comparing the current board to Masterton its time to stop, step back and think.

Your posts are usually very good, although I dont always agree with you, but this one beggars belief.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 19:29

Talking of Masterton, I remember thinking whe we were doing well in the 2003 04 season, how on earth are we paying for all the players. It was reported that some were on 5G a week. I worked it out that was roughly 250G a season. The was no way that made economic sense. Unfortunately our crowds were around 5000 of us and it depended on how many the other team brought. We could blame Masterton for spending the money but he I believe budgeted for a larger home support. The team that I always thought budjeted correctly was Stenhousemuir, they only spent the money that the club got in without having any fans. The fan money was an added bonus.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 19:32

What happens if we are 4 nil up and playing Inverness off the park. Unlikely I know but it would look a bit silly walking out in protest if that was the scenario or similar.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 19:59

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 16 Sep 19:29

Talking of Masterton, I remember thinking whe we were doing well in the 2003 04 season, how on earth are we paying for all the players. It was reported that some were on 5G a week. I worked it out that was roughly 250G a season. The was no way that made economic sense. Unfortunately our crowds were around 5000 of us and it depended on how many the other team brought. We could blame Masterton for spending the money but he I believe budgeted for a larger home support. The team that I always thought budjeted correctly was Stenhousemuir, they only spent the money that the club got in without having any fans. The fan money was an added bonus.

He budgeted for 8,000 or something. Figure was closer to 5,000.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 08:15

“The results will eventually speak for themselves if we continue to lose games despite the full support of the fans.”

The results have nothing to do with the fans. A strong 5000 crowd all singing and dancing isn’t going to prevent our defence from conceding 3+.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 08:32

….If you walk out after 4 mins your going to miss the third Inverness goal 😀

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 08:36

Quote:

Angus_W, Fri 17 Sep 08:32

….If you walk out after 4 mins your going to miss the third Inverness goal 😀

I think the point I am trying to make is that it will not take a supporter walk out to replace the manager. Poor results will eventually do that if it continues.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 08:41

How many times does it need said that it isn’t just about replacing PG?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 08:49

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Fri 17 Sep 08:41

How many times does it need said that it isn’t just about replacing PG?

So whats it sll about, Alfeeeee?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 10:25

Season after season of poor decision making by the board. They need to get the next appointment right. A man with an impressive CV that will galvanise the club.

Watch us appoint Brian Rice now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Sep 10:30

There isn`t a vacancy at the moment but, as usual, it`s a lot easier to say who shouldn`t be appointed than who should be.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net