DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rhys Breen??
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 20:35

Surely he has to be better than Ross Graham. Is he injured. No heard anything about him since he signed from Rangers.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rhys Breen??
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 20:37

Even if he is injured he will still be better than Ross Graham .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 20:39

Surely he must be injured. Must have picked up an injury in training. Has he actually played for us yet?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 20:50

You know what, I had totally forgotten we’d signed him up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 21:45

Quote:

gordi-b, Tue 14 Sep 20:37

Even if he is injured he will still be better than Ross Graham .

I think starting with 10 men and we’d be no worse than starting with an eleven that included Graham
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 22:45

If PG continues to play Ross Graham it could ruin him. His confidence must be so low. He would be better off back at United. Or on loan at a team in a lower division. I like to see youth getting a chance but only when they are ready. I’m sure United will be monitoring the situation. Probably sent someone to watch him play and see how he is stepping up. Good luck to the lad. Hasn’t worked out for him at the pars.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 10:03

Agree tappies, Graham looks like he should have been out on loan but not to this league and I’m not convinced he could do a job in the league below either. We haven’t played any of the bigger better teams in this league yet either.

The big Lithuanian must be feeling it seeing this amateur walk into team ahead of him.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 10:19

It`s possible Graham`s a better player than he`s shown in a Pars` strip. United had just extended his contract before they loaned him to us so they must think he has potential. Unfortunately he`s become a scapegoat on here which is harsh on a young player. I hope he doesn`t dip into this forum.

Breen`s unexplained absence is a bit odd. Could it be linked to Covid?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 10:22

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 15 Sep 10:19

It`s possible Graham`s a better player than he`s shown in a Pars` strip. United had just extended his contract before they loaned him to us so they must think he has potential. Unfortunately he`s become a scapegoat on here which is harsh on a young player. I hope he doesn`t dip into this forum.

Breen`s unexplained absence is a bit odd. Could it be linked to Covid?

He’s not become a scapegoat whatsoever , a scapegoat is someone blamed for the mistakes of others, most of his bloopers are self inflicted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 10:49

Sometimes it seems like he`s being blamed for the poor form of the whole team. I do actually think that our results would improve if we cut out the worst of the individual errors but he`s not the only culprit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 11:07

Not the only culprit but been very poor. You`d think PG, hired for his man management skills, would have taken him out the team for his own good

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 11:09

He`s not a scapegoat so get that to fk - he`s been virtually ever present in statistically the worst defence in the league. He makes at least one major error that`s led to a goal in EVERY SINGLE GAME he`s played.

We`re p1ssing around at the bottom of the league persisting with other teams loan players, aiding their "development" while our own players signed on long term deals can`t get a game. Makes me mad this strategy we`re pursuing.

Loan players used to add the finishing touches to a squad. For the last 3 or 4 seasons they make up the spine of our team then disappear back to their real clubs leaving us to start again. no continuity for us season on season (I know we`re not the only ones before anyone says it)

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 11:14

on the bench against Partick and Rangers, would have played against Raith imo but was injured then Covid before the Arbroath game, for the Ayr game no idea.

"Graham looks like he should have been out on loan but not to this league and I’m not convinced he could do a job in the league below either"

was on loan at Cove in the league below last season and got a 3 year contract extension at Utd as a result so must have done something right.

as for the "big Lithuanian", imagine if it was Graham that put in the same performance against Arbroath.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 11:25

We`ve only got two players on loan this season I think - Graham and Kennedy - and I think most fans would be happy to see Kennedy start so I don`t think your argument holds water. Last season we were far too reliant on loanees.

As you say, it`s a general issue. I suspect every team in the Championship has loan players. As the financial gap between the top clubs and the rest widens more promising players get signed by the top clubs and leased out to the poorer clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 11:29

I stand corrected re. the numbers this year. My point about Graham is still very valid.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net