DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 22 Sep 15:05

It appears that the Qatar authorities are insisting that players and fans at next year's WC Finals will all need to be fully vaccinated and FIFA have agreed to their wishes.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1113261/qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022-vacciantions

Players who do not wish to be vaccinated may be required to test every 3 days, but unvaccinated fans will be banned.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 22 Sep 15:13

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 22 Sep 15:05

It appears that the Qatar authorities are insisting that players and fans at next year's WC Finals will all need to be fully vaccinated and FIFA have agreed to their wishes.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1113261/qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022-vacciantions

Players who do not wish to be vaccinated may be required to test every 3 days, but unvaccinated fans will be banned.


Seems the only way unfortunately.
Was on a call to China today and Xiamen city is closed due to cases.
Authorities are protecting their populations.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 22 Sep 19:21

Totally understandable. How else can you protect your people when you’re getting an influx from all over the world.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 22 Sep 19:44

Absolutely it makes sense. This is the new reality and the sooner people come to accept it, the better we will all be.

I was quite skeptical about Qatar hosting the WC owing to the horrendous heat in the Gulf. Very recently, Australia played a WC qualifying game against China in one of the new stadiums in Qatar.

The stadium was fully air conditioned and the temperature on the pitch was mid 20s celsius. Both teams seemed to cope fine with the conditions. The temperature outside the stadium at kick-off time was, as I recall, mid/high 30s.

Australia won the game 3-0.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 22 Sep 22:10

The right-wing football fooligans from Engerland will not be happy one bit. “THEY’RE TAKIN’ ARE BLADDY LIBERTIES AWAY!!” Can picture it already. All you’ll see on the BBC no doubt.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 22 Sep 22:46

Well, this is moving fast.
All of a sudden elite athletes aren't allowed to trust their immune systems?
And the protected aren't actually protected but want the unprotected forced to take what didn't protect them in the first place?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 00:39

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 22 Sep 22:46

Well, this is moving fast.
All of a sudden elite athletes aren't allowed to trust their immune systems?
And the protected aren't actually protected but want the unprotected forced to take what didn't protect them in the first place?


..you just don’t get it,do you?

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 09:04

Quote:

dover par, Thu 23 Sep 00:39

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 22 Sep 22:46

Well, this is moving fast.
All of a sudden elite athletes aren't allowed to trust their immune systems?
And the protected aren't actually protected but want the unprotected forced to take what didn't protect them in the first place?


..you just don’t get it,do you?


So explain that madness to me, go on.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 09:13

🇩🇪💉 Germany raises the pressure on the voluntarily unvaccinated:

As of November, the unvaccinated will not receive compensation for lost wages if coronavirus measures require them to quarantine, German federal & state health ministers decided today.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 09:39

what is the transmission rate of fully vaccinated v non, I thought this statistic would be everyplace! But strangely I cant find it Published anyplace.



Post Edited (Thu 23 Sep 09:41)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 09:56

"Well, this is moving fast.
All of a sudden elite athletes aren`t allowed to trust their immune systems?"

I mean the post literally contains the line...

"Players who do not wish to be vaccinated may be required to test every 3 days"

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 10:06

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Thu 23 Sep 09:56

"Well, this is moving fast.
All of a sudden elite athletes aren`t allowed to trust their immune systems?"

I mean the post literally contains the line...

"Players who do not wish to be vaccinated may be required to test every 3 days"


OK I'll try again....you body swerved my point, if the vaccination is so pertinent and makes you safe, what are you scared of?
And please, don't be scared for me because I'm not.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 11:33

People can choose not to be vaccinated but must also accept that they will have less freedoms than the people who have done their civic duty in order to protect others rather than just think about themselves
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 16:11

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Thu 23 Sep 11:33

People can choose not to be vaccinated but must also accept that they will have less freedoms than the people who have done their civic duty in order to protect others rather than just think about themselves


Civic duty?
So, enforced medical procedures with no long term data or you are a second class citizen?
The vaccinated are more scared than they were before they were vaccinated.....have a run at that one for me?
Please, the psychology of that?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 22:39

There have been many "enforced" vaccination programmes. How successful have they been? T.B. ? That worked pretty well didn`t it? All but eradicated TB in the UK, now people have moved here from countries that don`t have a vaccination programme the number of cases of TB have risen and continue to do so. It works, just do the sensible thing and stop being a danger to others.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 22:44

Quote:

Bedworth par, Thu 23 Sep 22:39

There have been many "enforced" vaccination programmes. How successful have they been? T.B. ? That worked pretty well didn`t it? All but eradicated TB in the UK, now people have moved here from countries that don`t have a vaccination programme the number of cases of TB have risen and continue to do so. It works, just do the sensible thing and stop being a danger to others.


Please expand on how I am a danger to others?
So you..protected...want me to be forced to take the protection...that hasn't protected you, to make you feel more protected.
I'll wait..

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 22:54

Protection with vaccination is 85% and it diminishes the effects but it is still possible to catch covid. Who will be the main carriers/spreaders? Vaccinated or unvaccinated? Gosh, that`s a tough one! Selfish, deluded and thoughtless. Grow up.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 23:09

Quote:

Bedworth par, Thu 23 Sep 22:54

Protection with vaccination is 85% and it diminishes the effects but it is still possible to catch covid. Who will be the main carriers/spreaders? Vaccinated or unvaccinated? Gosh, that`s a tough one! Selfish, deluded and thoughtless. Grow up.


So again explain to me why nearly every vaccinated friend has gone on to get covid...and one...one unvaccinated caught it...from a vaccinated person.
Try answering as adult you this time.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 23:28

Well, that sure was a really smart move to allow this obsessive clown to return to dotnet.

It was hard enough dealing with a manager that nobody wants...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 23:29

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 23 Sep 23:28

Well, that sure was a really smart move to allow this obsessive clown to return to dotnet.

It was hard enough dealing with a manager that nobody wants...


Pray tell where I'm spraying insults around like you?
Again illustrate where I've gone off topic?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 01:48

You really are deluded. Safer to be unvaccinated than have the jag? Oh dear you have spent too much time reading stuff from nutters.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 09:25

Quote:

Bedworth par, Fri 24 Sep 01:48

You really are deluded. Safer to be unvaccinated than have the jag? Oh dear you have spent too much time reading stuff from nutters.


Again why so defensive?
OK so hit me with the long term safety data, yeah?
I'll tell you what you jabbed are very very defensive and aggressive, you'd think you'd feel better about it all, no?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 09:44

It`s like fkn Groundhog Day FFS.

Take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag, take the jag, don`t take the jag

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 09:44

Voluntarily unvaccinated people are a danger to those who remain unvaccinated through no choice of their own,such as young children or those who cannot have the vaccine for health related reasons.

Unvaccinated people are far more likely to spread corvid when the catch it because they have heavier symptoms and therefore generate more particles.

Unvaccinated people are more likely to require hospital treatment if they become infected with corvid, which puts pressure on health resources potentially causing others to be triaged out of receiving essential care.


"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 09:55

Quote:

Wotsit, Fri 24 Sep 09:44

Voluntarily unvaccinated people are a danger to those who remain unvaccinated through no choice of their own,such as young children or those who cannot have the vaccine for health related reasons.

Unvaccinated people are far more likely to spread corvid when the catch it because they have heavier symptoms and therefore generate more particles.

Unvaccinated people are more likely to require hospital treatment if they become infected with corvid, which puts pressure on health resources potentially causing others to be triaged out of receiving essential care.


Yeah how's that working out in Israel?
So gain, why are vaccinated people I know dropping like flies but unvaccinated cutting about fine?
Da....it's a thread about vaccination...maybe don't read if it irks you so.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.

Post Edited (Fri 24 Sep 09:56)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:07

So you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid? And not getting the jag is safer and more effective than getting it??

Genuine question, is that what you believe?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:10

Over 80% of people in the UK have been at least part-vaccinated.

The proportion of people admitted to hospital with covid symptoms and who have not been vaccinated is well over 20%.

Therefore it is difficult to argue that the vaccine is somewhat effective.

Also, I`m able to go to the football tomorrow, have a bridie, sit with my friends/family and my kids have been at school all week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:11

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Sep 10:07

So you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid? And not getting the jag is safer and more effective than getting it??

Genuine question, is that what you believe?


I've never said that,so don't make insinuations of it.
Double jabbed can still catch and transmit, it's as simple as that, you didn't get what you thought you were getting, I'm simply saying coercing someone to take the same "protection" that didn't protect you is not for me.
Please don't go down the route of deliberately trying to besmirch me with things I clearly haven't said.
See if I do that admin are all up my erchie, seems I'm a free target.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:13

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 24 Sep 10:10

Over 80% of people in the UK have been at least part-vaccinated.

The proportion of people admitted to hospital with covid symptoms and who have not been vaccinated is well over 20%.

Therefore it is difficult to argue that the vaccine is somewhat effective.

Also, I`m able to go to the football tomorrow, have a bridie, sit with my friends/family and my kids have been at school all week.


Over 80% vaccinated but still no comfort, you still have to attack and coerce those not comfortable with it.
Why?
What's the psychology of that please?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:30

It`s the same stuff regurgitated over & over again tho Rasta.

I`ve never heard ANYONE say the vaccine stops you catching or spreading COVID. Maybe if you trawl through the internet you`ll find some lunatic Doc Brown style quack saying that but not the ones that matter.

The vaccine greatly reduces the chances of being hospitalised with Covid symptoms. That`ll do for me.

"why are vaccinated people I know dropping like flies"

What about unvaccinated people you know? Are they all swatting covid away?

Why do you feel the need to castigate those of us who have had the vaccine? It works both ways.



Post Edited (Fri 24 Sep 10:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:41

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/politics/council/covid-in-fife-four-in-every-five-deaths-are-unvaccinated-people-figures-reveal-3382127

A story about how 80% of deaths in Fife since the vaccination program has started were among those who hadn`t been vaccinated. Its actually something I have to bear in mind as I did find myself being more complacent after being double jabbed, due to the greater protection I then had, forgetting though that I could still spread the virus onto others who can`t or won`t be vaccinated with potentially fatal results.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 24 Sep 10:30

It`s the same stuff regurgitated over & over again tho Rasta.

I`ve never heard ANYONE say the vaccine stops you catching or spreading COVID. Maybe if you trawl through the internet you`ll find some lunatic Doc Brown style quack saying that but not the ones that matter.

The vaccine greatly reduces the chances of being hospitalised with Covid symptoms. That`ll do for me.

"why are vaccinated people I know dropping like flies"


What about unvaccinated people you know? Are they all swatting covid away?

Why do you feel the need to castigate those of us who have had the vaccine? It works both ways.



I'm not castigating...I'm stating fact, you are no less likely to spread than I.
Quite simply, the unvaccinated people I know...and there are many....are not getting covid...the one that did got it while staying in a vaccinated home.
People do experience life differently from others you know, you know that right?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:49

"Over 80% vaccinated but still no comfort, you still have to attack and coerce those not comfortable with it.
Why?
What`s the psychology of that please?"


I`ve not attacked or coerced anyone. What`s the psychology of bracketing me in with someone who has?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 10:56

"People do experience life differently from others you know, you know that right?"

I realise that. Do you?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 11:01

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 24 Sep 10:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 24 Sep 10:30

It`s the same stuff regurgitated over & over again tho Rasta.

I`ve never heard ANYONE say the vaccine stops you catching or spreading COVID. Maybe if you trawl through the internet you`ll find some lunatic Doc Brown style quack saying that but not the ones that matter.

The vaccine greatly reduces the chances of being hospitalised with Covid symptoms. That`ll do for me.

"why are vaccinated people I know dropping like flies"


What about unvaccinated people you know? Are they all swatting covid away?

Why do you feel the need to castigate those of us who have had the vaccine? It works both ways.



I'm not castigating...I'm stating fact, you are no less likely to spread than I.
Quite simply, the unvaccinated people I know...and there are many....are not getting covid...the one that did got it while staying in a vaccinated home.
People do experience life differently from others you know, you know that right?


This post, to me, in my opinion, quite clearly shows the problem with trying to have reasoned debate about the differing opinions.

Da no.1 and Rasta will never accept each others views on each others arguments, yet will still try and get one-upmanship on each other.
Debate is all about accepting other view points that you don't necessarily agree with.
This is just mud slinging..

And I'm not highlighting these 2 posters, it just happens to be a post I can use as a quote.......
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 11:17

So, to sum up, you don`t care for the way me/Rasta disagree?

Awesome.

FWIW I`m struggling to see where either of us has "slung mud" recently?



Post Edited (Fri 24 Sep 11:18)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 11:25

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 24 Sep 11:17

So, to sum up, you don`t care for the way me/Rasta disagree?

Awesome.

FWIW I`m struggling to see where either of us has "slung mud" recently?



Haha, beautifully put...

I'm just of the belief that a forum is a place for reasoned debate, rather than tit for tat arguments, not saying you are doing anything wrong, that is maybe they way you are, which is awesome 👍

"People do experience life differently from others you know, you know that right?"

I realise that. Do you?"

Again, just my opinion, but this is my view of a kind of mud slinging, asking each other the same question........
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 11:30

Flu Jag is administered annually and people still get flu....who`d have though it. Don`t take it/take it. Self medicate from the weeds in the garden but stop preaching about tin foil hat views on a football forum and picking argument just because someone has a view that is different from yours.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 11:51

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 24 Sep 10:11

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Sep 10:07

So you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid? And not getting the jag is safer and more effective than getting it??

Genuine question, is that what you believe?


I've never said that,so don't make insinuations of it.
Double jabbed can still catch and transmit, it's as simple as that, you didn't get what you thought you were getting, I'm simply saying coercing someone to take the same "protection" that didn't protect you is not for me.
Please don't go down the route of deliberately trying to besmirch me with things I clearly haven't said.
See if I do that admin are all up my erchie, seems I'm a free target.


Yes double jagged can still catch Covid but the real serious point is, the effects are very much diminished compared to people who catch it without vaccination.
It's not rocket science.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 13:27

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 24 Sep 10:11

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Sep 10:07

So you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid? And not getting the jag is safer and more effective than getting it??

Genuine question, is that what you believe?


I've never said that,so don't make insinuations of it.
Double jabbed can still catch and transmit, it's as simple as that, you didn't get what you thought you were getting, I'm simply saying coercing someone to take the same "protection" that didn't protect you is not for me.
Please don't go down the route of deliberately trying to besmirch me with things I clearly haven't said.
See if I do that admin are all up my erchie, seems I'm a free target.


Not insinuating anything. Nor putting words in your mouth.
As I said, it’s a genuine question. One that you haven’t answered.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 13:39

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Sep 13:27

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 24 Sep 10:11

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Sep 10:07

So you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid? And not getting the jag is safer and more effective than getting it??

Genuine question, is that what you believe?


I've never said that,so don't make insinuations of it.
Double jabbed can still catch and transmit, it's as simple as that, you didn't get what you thought you were getting, I'm simply saying coercing someone to take the same "protection" that didn't protect you is not for me.
Please don't go down the route of deliberately trying to besmirch me with things I clearly haven't said.
See if I do that admin are all up my erchie, seems I'm a free target.


Not insinuating anything. Nor putting words in your mouth.
As I said, it’s a genuine question. One that you haven’t answered.


I literally answered you in my first sentence.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 14:11

You literally didn’t. You’ve given us examples from your experience but what I’m asking is if you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 15:03

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Sep 14:11

You literally didn’t. You’ve given us examples from your experience but what I’m asking is if you genuinely believe that getting the jag increases your chance of catching, and the severity of the effects of covid?


What are you havering about?
Even if I gave you the answer you craved you would change the goalposts.
At what point did I state my personal experience as a belief?
I am telling you I'm not seeing unvaccinated friends getting ill.....and there are a lot of them, I am seeing vaccinated going on to get covid quite quickly...it's that simple.
I've put in an FOI request, we'll see what comes back.
I await your no doubt contrary and argumentative response with literally no interest.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 15:17

I know that my wife gets her booster jag on Monday, she is very happy to get it. I can't wait until I get mine. The only concern I have is how good these booster shots are. We both got the Biontech Jags and were never up nor down, why has the Scottish serum been banned and will it might get the Oxford serum, my son was ill after getting his first Oxford jag. Personally I cannot understand why some people refuse to get innoculated, its not as though it costs anything, however I do realise that some people may have a reaction to the serum. As some people cannot wear face masks, the genuine ones get a pass to wear round their necks, con something not be given to those allergic to the serum.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 15:25

Some folk just don't like being told what to do. It's really that simple.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 15:48

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 24 Sep 15:25

Some folk just don't like being told what to do. It's really that simple.


Believe it or not I am not one of them, my professional life would not survive that attitude.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.

Post Edited (Fri 24 Sep 16:27)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 16:35

Got to love the old anecdotal evidence used as some kind of smoking gun. It`s funny how it`s always the anti-vax or anti-authority or anti-establishment types who have a million friends who haven`t had the vaccine but who are well yet have a million other friends who have had it but are at death`s door. Some kind of weird statistical quirk whereby their circle of friends exist outside the statistical norms.

Do people still get ill? Of course. Do the vast majority of people who have been vaccinated suffer lesser symptoms? Yes. Do vaccinated people still transmit the virus? Yes. Do they transmit it more than people who haven`t? No, because by and large their symptoms aren`t as pronounced so aren`t coughing and spluttering everywhere and aren`t going into hospital where these things spread like wildfire.

No doubt the folk who don`t want to get the vaccine are the same types who think we shouldn`t need to wear seatbelts, who think smoking shouldn`t be banned indoors and who think Climate change is a hoax. For quite a left of centre person, my won right wing solution would be simple. Don`t want to take the vaccine? Fine. But if you present yourself to a hospital with Covid symptoms then you`re at the back of the queue if you get any treatment at all. After all, if you`re selfish enough to think it`s just for your benefit and that it`s more harm than good, you`ll be happy to ride it out without modern medicine`s help, right?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 16:59

So many assumptions made, so many if them wrong.
These treatments are on trial until late 2023, anyone should have the right to not take part in the trial.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 17:04

Guys, guys,......

I opened this thread on the Football Forum, because it was about arrangements for next year's WC Finals in Qatar.....

There are plenty of threads 're Covid vaccines in Off Topic. ☹



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 18:04

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 24 Sep 17:04

Guys, guys,......

I opened this thread on the Football Forum, because it was about arrangements for next year's WC Finals in Qatar.....

There are plenty of threads 're Covid vaccines in Off Topic. ☹


Fair point, getting as per usual kina abusive.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 22:03

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Fri 24 Sep 17:04

Guys, guys,......

I opened this thread on the Football Forum, because it was about arrangements for next year`s WC Finals in Qatar.....

There are plenty of threads `re Covid vaccines in Off Topic. ☹

Throw the blackboard duster at them G.G. :-))

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 07:02

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 24 Sep 22:03

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Fri 24 Sep 17:04

Guys, guys,......

I opened this thread on the Football Forum, because it was about arrangements for next year`s WC Finals in Qatar.....

There are plenty of threads `re Covid vaccines in Off Topic. ☹

Throw the blackboard duster at them G.G. :-))


It's obviously been a long time since you were in a classroom, BPP. ☺ Blackboards and chalk are long gone. It's smart boards now and before that white boards with easy wipe off spirit pens of assorted colours.

I was just gently chiding the squabbling boys for hijacking the thread and turning it into an early snowball fight. 😄



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 08:44

kelty _par
`Don`t want to take the vaccine? Fine. But if you present yourself to a hospital with Covid symptoms then you`re at the back of the queue if you get any treatment at all. After all, if you`re selfish enough to think it`s just for your benefit and that it`s more harm than good, you`ll be happy to ride it out without modern medicine`s help, right?`

Agree especially when people with heart attacks and strokes are having to wait for ambulances and admission to hospital. They did not make that choice.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 08:54

Quote:

oapar, Sat 25 Sep 08:44

kelty _par
`Don`t want to take the vaccine? Fine. But if you present yourself to a hospital with Covid symptoms then you`re at the back of the queue if you get any treatment at all. After all, if you`re selfish enough to think it`s just for your benefit and that it`s more harm than good, you`ll be happy to ride it out without modern medicine`s help, right?`

Agree especially when people with heart attacks and strokes are having to wait for ambulances and admission to hospital. They did not make that choice.


I pay the same as you...and selfish?
So it isn't selfish to coerce a perfectly health person into taking a medicine still being tested?
That's how far you've fallen.
Would you like us to mark our doors, wear something on the sleeve too, would that help?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 09:56

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 25 Sep 08:54

Quote:

oapar, Sat 25 Sep 08:44

kelty _par
`Don`t want to take the vaccine? Fine. But if you present yourself to a hospital with Covid symptoms then you`re at the back of the queue if you get any treatment at all. After all, if you`re selfish enough to think it`s just for your benefit and that it`s more harm than good, you`ll be happy to ride it out without modern medicine`s help, right?`

Agree especially when people with heart attacks and strokes are having to wait for ambulances and admission to hospital. They did not make that choice.


I pay the same as you...and selfish?
So it isn't selfish to coerce a perfectly health person into taking a medicine still being tested?
That's how far you've fallen.
Would you like us to mark our doors, wear something on the sleeve too, would that help?


That would be fab. A bell to ring too if you don't mind......UNCLEAN

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qatar 2022 WC
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 11:23

I disagree with Rasta on most things about the pandemic, but if you've come to the conclusion that non-vaccinated people should get lower priority in an NHS hospital when in desperate need of help, I think you need to take a step back.

I would argue that being there, fighting for their life is arguably punishment enough.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net