DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Saturday
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 12:46

Taking my 3 year old daughter along to the game on Saturday. Might be a daft question but does anyone know of anywhere in the ground that’s a bit friendlier on the ears? Want to be able to take her along but don’t want some overgrown child roaring obscenities in her lugs! Can’t have her going into nursery telling everyone that the referee is a *anker ! Ha.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Saturday
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 12:49

Section A of the Norrie (end closest to the Main Stand) is the "Family Section" so probably there. If she sits near the front you probably won`t hear too much - sometimes there are a few moans and groans from near the back but not too much that`s sweary or inappropriate. Other option would be the Main Stand which is usually a bit more reserved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 14:05

"Can’t have her going into nursery telling everyone that the referee is a *anker !"

Why not? He probably will be... Although its more likely to be our manager...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 14:12

Dad,what does baldy bar steward mean ?

Good luck mate hope she enjoys her experience

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Adundeemonkey  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 14:23

I`d take her into the main stand at that age.

Its tuff being a Par but we love it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 14:46

Alter Par, I started to take my son to games when he was 11 weeks old. It was when we played Kilmarnock, we got a penalty so I told him that he would see his first Dunfermline goal. John Donelly scored. He then started to go to almost all games when he was about 2. We had seats in the wing of the main stand then in the centre of the main stand. There was very little bad language at either area. We now 35 years later have seats at the back of the Norrie. You do hear some bad words there but it's normally aimed at PG. Make sure she wears warm clothing.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 16:02

We sit in the Family section in the Norrie and it's good. There's even a bloke that's so restrained his shouts at the ref are like something out of Oor Wullie.

Post Edited (Thu 23 Sep 16:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 19:16

Really appreciate the responses guys, will definitely take her along now. I’ve only ever sat in areas with heavy amounts of swearing so had to ask the question.

11 weeks old is impressive! Great stuff!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: jpg  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 20:03

I remember taking my son to his first game.He was 4 years old.We were playing Stranraer I think.Won 4 nil.Later his mum asked him if he enjoyed the match.He said he did but maybe next time we could stay for only one of the matches 😂😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 20:57

I’m reporting you to social work

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 22:28

Topic Originator: AlterPar like | nolike
Date: Thu 23 Sep 12:46

Taking my 3 year old daughter along to the game on Saturday. Might be a daft question but does anyone know of anywhere in the ground that’s a bit friendlier on the ears? Want to be able to take her along but don’t want some overgrown child roaring obscenities in her lugs! Can’t have her going into nursery telling everyone that the referee is a *anker ! Ha.

Be prepared for her to bored senseless after about twenty minutes and ask “ can we go home now?”

My wee boy did at the Patrick 0-3 game, mind you I wanted to go home too….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 22:37

When you are passing the DASC DONATION SHOP & TEA ROOM , come over to the table on the pavement to collect a complimentary bag of sweets for your wee girl to take into the football match with her.
with regards to where you sit, I would say the family section quite near the front seats would be a good idea. I sit there with my two friends and we are oldies. I wouldnae have the energy to to get up and shout.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 22:59

I think this is the game for Peter Grant. If he doesn’t win against a team recently relegated and just as bad as us, then I can see him getting the sack after.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 23:32

I'm planning on taking an older gentleman who has dementia. He used to be a season ticket holder. He repeatedly tells me about the days when Blackburn regularly sent their young players to Dunfermline on loan.
Anyhoo where is best to take him, and can I take in outside snacks/coffee. I won't be able to leave him to get something and I doubt he could wait in a queue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 00:51

I`m trying to imagine what this boy shouts that sounds like Oor Wullie ;)

"Michty me ref that was terrible I`ll gie you a clip roond the ear. Crivvens, rite that`s it I`m getting PC Murdoch."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 01:46

PARot, the reason i Sit in the family section is you have a clear view right up the pitch without moving Don`t know about taking food in, however, if you can . the DASC DONATION shop will make up a complimentary snack bag for your guest.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 03:20

Quote:

steaua, Fri 24 Sep 01:46

PARot, the reason i Sit in the family section is you have a clear view right up the pitch without moving Don`t know about taking food in, however, if you can . the DASC DONATION shop will make up a complimentary snack bag for your guest.
are you open before the match?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 05:25

I often buy filled rolls from Marv’s Emporium and never had any problem taking them into the ground.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 07:50

PARrot,

If you make yourself known to the handsome DADSC Match Buddy situated on the Platform above the Undercroft (Tunnel) he could go and get the order for your friend.

If you going in your working clothes he will probably recognise you. Though, I am not sure that security will let you bring in the motorbike - unless you tell them it is a mobility scooter.

Timothy

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 09:54

Quote:

Berry, Thu 23 Sep 22:59

I think this is the game for Peter Grant. If he doesn’t win against a team recently relegated and just as bad as us, then I can see him getting the sack after.

I think he'd have to be sacked, our new owners surely wouldn't want to lose the support within the first season.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 11:09

How much is the entry for a 3 year old?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 11:18

£6
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 12:50

Better getting a season ticket for £18. Better value if taking them to a few games over the season.
Jumps to £14 a game for 12 year olds which in my opinion is poor.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 13:45

I would get her some ear defenders, keeps out the swearing, but also the loud noises of a football game. Can be a bit overwhelming for some young ones.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 25 Sep 16:48

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Sat 25 Sep 12:50

Better getting a season ticket for £18. Better value if taking them to a few games over the season.

I agree. £14 for a 12 to 17 year old is poor pricing and doing nothing to attract the next generation of fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 26 Sep 15:38

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sat 25 Sep 16:48

Quote:

I agree. £14 for a 12 to 17 year old is poor pricing and doing nothing to attract the next generation of fans.

12 to 17 price down and OAP price up to balance the books.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Mon 27 Sep 10:34

Quote:

gwh18, Sat 25 Sep 13:45

I would get her some ear defenders, keeps out the swearing, but also the loud noises of a football game. Can be a bit overwhelming for some young ones.

Get her a black out eye coverings as well, save her being subjected to some eye bleeding football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 27 Sep 12:32

Quote:

arpar, Sun 26 Sep 15:38

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sat 25 Sep 16:48

Quote:

12 to 17 price down and OAP price up to balance the books.

Sounds good to me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 27 Sep 15:59

Duplicate post…ignore me!

Post Edited (Mon 27 Sep 16:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Sep 16:10

Quote:

Berry, Mon 27 Sep 15:59

Duplicate post…ignore me!

Aye, enough of the repeating yourself. Only room for one parrot on this forum.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net