DAFC.net
Home 17 January 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fever Pitch
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 16:40

This BBC documentary, charting the inception and rise of the Premier League is currently being shown on BBC2 and is also streaming on BBC iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09mqvrt

I was never a fan of the "Greed is Good League", as Brian Glanville once described the Premiership and you can throw in Rupert Murdoch, SKY TV and the Sun, but I've watched two episodes so far and it's compulsive viewing.

Interesting to note that it was driven by the Big 5" clubs, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham. The Big 5 are now the "Big 6" with the addition of Chelsea and Manchester City, but Everton got lost along the way.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fever Pitch
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 23 Sep 17:06

I don't get the whole Premier league thing, it's as if the top league in England didn't exist pre 92.

It's ryder cup weekend tho GG, if you reckon it's worth a watch,I'll watch it on iplayer next week

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net