DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Paul Town European Trilogy
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 08:42

PAUL COMES TO TOWN

Paul Town Stadium Artist is coming to East End Park on Saturday 6th November as Dunfermline take on Greenock Morton on to unveil a new trilogy of paintings telling the story of the Pars greatest European ties.
(The exhibition was originally scheduled for 2020 just as the pandemic hit the world, this is the first opportunity we have had to reschedule since the restrictions eased)

The original artworks (kindly loaned back for the day by their new owners) will be on display in the Purvis Suite, with a public viewing available between 11am-12noon. Jim Leishman will also have Paul up to discuss the pieces with our guests in hospitality

Paul is no stranger to East End Park. It’s only 5 years ago that the Bradford born stadium artist visited Dunfermline to present a portrait to the club commissioned by Pars fanatic Kenny Mitchell. This enabled Paul to build up a reputation for his work amongst Pars supporters bringing more commissions to paint our lovable ground from various angles over a selection of decades. He has also helped the club by producing several pieces which have been auctioned to raise funds

Paul’s fascination with football stadiums dates back almost 40 years when he first read the football grounds book written by Simon Ingles. A few years on Paul’s life took a twist he’d rather forget, however the experiences of escaping the Valley Parade Fire disaster alongside his dad Barry, left emotional scars which are embedded within to this day.

Paul said “ I’ve struggled to come to terms with what happened nearly 35 years ago. Yes me and dad we’re lucky to escape within seconds of something more serious, but seeing what I saw as a naive teenager will live with me forever. In later life I needed an hobby to take my mind off things as I’d become unwell. I turned to Art as I’d always been interested in the subject quite passionately. My parents had gifted me a set of artists paints for Christmas so the most natural thing for me to paint was a football stadium”

Through social media outlets orders and commissioned from all parts of the uk started to flood in, so much so Paul broke away from his job in Construction to become a full-time artist just 3 years later. Paul’s early works were talked about with great similarities to LS Lowry as they had a real northern flavour in both content and colour. Paul is a product of his early life and upbringing working within and around the cities of his industrial homeland.

“The perfect stadium portrait for me is when I can bring the external landscape into view. If I can paint a mill or a chimney in the distance it gives me so much more pleasure as it reminds me of my youth”

Paul’s unique story and skills have seen him gain a valuable client list on a global scale with his original oils hanging in homes in USA, Australia, the Middle East and of course the European Continent. However Paul has a huge interest in the Scottish football s

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Paul Town European Trilogy
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 08:59

Love his work. My signed print of `that`s nivver ten yairds` holds pride of place in the hallway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 15:26

I'm fortunate to have the painting of the 6-2 against Valencia. It's my son's painting and I have it on the wall above his former bed. It will be nice to see the 2 other paintings of the Trilogy.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davie moyes the first  
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 18:20

Kenny, are the orders placed last year still valid ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Sep 19:29

The orders placed are still valid, please email me to arrange the payment

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 07:22

I will email everybody on the original orders list with payment details

Please let me know if you no longer want the order you placed back in 2020

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 11:09

The prints have now been signed by Roy Barry and are now with Harry Melrose

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:36

Prints now with Bertie Paton to sign

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:14

Crunching tackle from Roy Barry who distributes the ball to Harry Melrose. He takes the ball rapidly up the flank before passing to inside forward Bertie Paton. He beats three defenders before sliding it past the keeper.....

Probably my three top Pars of all time.

Worth getting for the autographs alone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 04:53

Quote:

1970par, Mon 11 Oct 22:36

Prints now with Bertie Paton to sign

1970par. . .I've emailed you a few weeks ago regarding the prints but not heard back from you. Just checking that I'm still on your list 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 09:09

Hi MikeyLeonard yes you are still on the original list (as is everyone who placed the order)

Can I ask if you can you make the payment of £67.50 to the Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust account
Sort code 82 62 19
Account number 00515515
ref PT Prints

Drop me an email to confirm please

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dead60s  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 12:27

Hi 1970Par, I missed this first time around. Any chance of me putting in a late order please?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 17:09

Hi dead60s, no problems there are still a few sets of prints left to order

Drop me an email (click on1970par and I will send you the payment details and add you to the list

Great idea for Christmas pressies by the way Pars fans

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 17:51

Sent payment in.Sent e.mail,please confirm payment.

Post Edited (Tue 12 Oct 18:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 18:26

Quote:

1970par, Tue 12 Oct 09:09

Hi MikeyLeonard yes you are still on the original list (as is everyone who placed the order)

Can I ask if you can you make the payment of £67.50 to the Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust account
Sort code 82 62 19
Account number 00515515
ref PT Prints

Drop me an email to confirm please

Email sent. Cheers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dead60s  
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 18:35

Quote:

1970par, Tue 12 Oct 17:09

Hi dead60s, no problems there are still a few sets of prints left to order

Drop me an email (click on1970par and I will send you the payment details and add you to the list

Great idea for Christmas pressies by the way Pars fans

Cheers mate, email sent 🙏.

PS - I’m sending payment now to the account details on your earlier post. Please email me or post here to confirm receipt.

Post Edited (Tue 12 Oct 22:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 17:55

Is there an off the shelf frame that would fit the prints ? .. or would they have to go to a professional framer .. any advice greatly appreciated as always

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 12:31

You can source clip art frames for a very few pounds and fit them yourself, I’m sure there will be plenty of other frames you can use to complete the job

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 12:45

If they are A3 size, Ebay is a great place to buy frames of that size. If you want a better quality then go to a framer.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net