DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McCann and Wilson
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 16:08

There`s an update on their injuries on COWS.

McCann has been training with the squad for the past six days. What he needs is game time. I wouldn`t be surprised if he`s in the squad tonight if Todorov and/or Wighton are not fit.

Wilson is a strange one. It seems to be a case of managing the pain from the injury rather than the injury itself. He has been training intermittently with the squad but it doesn`t sound like he`s quite ready for action yet.

No mention of Lewis Martin.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McCann and Wilson
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 17:13

Lewis has left the club, having a hard time of it is the lad unfortunately

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 17:24

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 29 Sep 17:13

Lewis has left the club, having a hard time of it is the lad unfortunately

I feel sorry for Lewis - he's a nice lad, but has had some rotten luck, starting with the time he and his girlfriend were involved in a road accident. After that it's been one disaster after another. I wonder how many appearances he's managed during his time with the Pars?

I think the club stood by him quite well but there comes a time when you have to cut your losses. We're not a charitable institution.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 17:57

I think he is also having a bad time of it off the pitch too

I hope he bounces back, he is a cracking lad!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 18:08

I'd be absolutely gutted if Martin is done with us. I had a job which involved me going to Dunfermline u21 games and Martin was my tip from that group of players who'd "make it" felt incredibly vindicated when he became the championships best left back! He's always came across as such a good guy aswell. As our longest serving player it's horrible to think this is how his time at us ends, hopefully he takes heart from the likes of Steven Bell who left us but then came back into the game.

The news that he might be having a bad time off the pitch is incredibly sad, I hope that while he may not be a Pars player, we're still supporting him as much as we can.

Post Edited (Wed 29 Sep 18:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 18:35

For all the hyperbole about the club being rotten from top to bottom, I think the Pars will help where they can.

We're meant to be a community club, which is what attracted our new owners, and that should include helping out a young lad in Lewis Martin's position. Even if it's involving him with the Pars foundation, going round schools, helping with coaching badges etc. I guess he mightn't fancy any of that but I'd hope we'd give him the opportunity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 18:39

If we are looking to Lewis McCann to be our striker we might as well put up the white flag
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 18:56

I hope Wilson does not have Plantar fasciitis…….

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 19:34

Of Lewis Martin has left us, isn`t it quite poor that we haven`t announced anything given he`s by far our longest serving player?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 21:57

Quote:

kelty_par, Wed 29 Sep 19:34

Of Lewis Martin has left us, isn`t it quite poor that we haven`t announced anything given he`s by far our longest serving player?

He was at the game tonight, he’s still our player. Not fit but club extended facilities for as long he needs to train.

You can all stop the bed wetting now and blaming the club for something, credit to them in this case
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 22:02

Ffs, KP. Don’t you start. I’ve had enough negativity on this forum for one day

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 23:45

Football is a cruel game. When you`re in top form, brilliant. When you`re injured and out through it, tough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 00:54

Football is a cruel game. When you`re in top form, brilliant. When you`re injured and out through it, tough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 09:53

Should send Mcann out on loan now get him game time

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 10:51

I really hope McCann kicks on this season - whether on loan or with us. Kid has talent and just needs a few things to go his way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 11:58

loan window closed last night

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 12:40

PG mentioned that it was a difficult decision to make to send McCann out on loan as, although he needed game time, he was also needed as cover in case the three main strikers got injured. Recent injury doubts about Todorov and Wighton might have convinced him to keep him at the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 12:47

Just checked and Lewis Martin's been at the club for 9 years. Nearly due a testimonial!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 16:38

Quote:

fcda, Fri 1 Oct 12:47

Just checked and Lewis Martin's been at the club for 9 years. Nearly due a testimonial!

And, if he has to give up the game through injury, I hope he gets one.
Hopefully, he can get himself fit and come back from this, but he has been out of action a while and the club can't really carry him forever unfortunately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 16:58

GJS93, but reopens in January, right? So he could still have a good loan spell this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 18:32

Perhaps Lewis could get a part time player contract a a partime helping out at the club. I don't know if he would like it but when fit he was a damn good player for us.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net