DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 After tonight’s game….
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 22:10

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: After tonight’s game….
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 22:18

Peter Grant is looking like Dunfermlines answer to Claude Anelka. Totally unexpected appointment, signed lots of players no better than those already at the club and not won a league game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 29 Sep 23:36

1st half was poor but 2nd half was outstanding and if the manager takes stick for the 1st half then he must also get the credit for the 2nd half performance and he must be given time to turn things around

Post Edited (Wed 29 Sep 23:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 06:13

I wouldbt agree with `outstanding`. We were much better than the first half but after we scored we went back to being second best, which was disappointing. Really thought we would kick on and pressure Raith by looking for a winner but there was no sign of that. We really need wins. Draws are not good enough and are getting us nowhere. Grant has to go but the board seem hell bent on giving him more time, as they`ll hate to admit they`ve made a complete mess of this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 06:46

Delaying the inevitable for me, all this we will win one soon, when?
That’s 7 goes, how many do you give him before we are well and truly detached.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 07:03

It`s always a conflict in these situations. We need the team to win and if they do the manager has more chance of surviving.

It`s still early days and though we haven`t won we are harder to beat.
Disappointing we never kicked a ball after we equalised yesterday but the players showed some passion in the second half.

We were wide open down the left flank in the whole first half which led to their goal and nothing was done to sort it. It was 3 attackers against 2 defenders and we got constantly caught. It wasn`t till half time this was sorted and we could have been well and truly buried by then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 07:26

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 29 Sep 23:36

1st half was poor but 2nd half was outstanding and if the manager takes stick for the 1st half then he must also get the credit for the 2nd half performance and he must be given time to turn things around

Post Edited (Wed 29 Sep 23:36)

Outstanding? Seriously? I’ll have what this guy is having.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 07:31

We were a lot better in the SH until we scored & were lucky to come away with a draw. We need to build on this performance, no clever formations, keep it simple let players stick to their tasks. That 20 min spell in the SH we looked good, we need to sustain that level of playing for longer periods of the game.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 07:39

I only saw the second half. Like many have said we completely fell out after it after the equaliser which was really disappointing. What struck me was how easy it was for Raith to retain possession from throw ins and how much time and space they had in midfield. They obviously have good players on the ball and to stand off them so much is criminal.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 07:49

Ohara made the world of difference with his pressing. The keeper couldn’t just lay it off too either bene/Berra and we were able to get a foothold on the game.

What I really didn’t like was once we scored we told everyone to sit right in again. The momentum zapped from us and we were lucky to get the point.

That first half was something else though, tactically it was murder and I was genuinely shocked Grant let it go on for so long, felt like the second goal was going to happen at any minute (lucky it didn’t)

The Watson situation is worrying, if the rumours are and it’s a fall out then wtf is going on at the club.

Got to end on a positive though. Ofw save would top class and really thought Ohara had a good game since coming off the bench.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jjonjord  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 08:08

Quote:

Toddyrov, Thu 30 Sep 07:49

What I really didn’t like was once we scored we told everyone to sit right in again. The momentum zapped from us and we were lucky to get the point.

Ofw save would top class

As much as I agree that we were far too passive after we equalised, it always seems to go unnoticed (by all football fans!) that there's another team of 11 players trying just as hard* to win. Raith got a rocket up the backside when we scored, and really upped their intensity again having been penned back since half time.

Completely agree on OFWs save. Incredible. He tweeted last night along the lines of "I hope the little girl behind my goal in the second half is OK." Does anyone have any idea what happened? At some point, a substitute warming up beside the goals flicked a wayward shot into the stand, but didn't notice any other shots that might have done damage. Hope that's all it was.

*Give or take 🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 08:18

Lovely morning to punt him.

Hope he forgets his jacket.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 08:21

It’s one of those games right, if we were on better form there’s no doubt you’d interpret a draw at Starks as a good point.

What’s the usual mantra, win your home games and anything out of the away games is a plus, slightly off piste these days but that used to be the rule of thumb.

That first half was dire, free headers, last ditch tackles, it could’ve been 3-0 at HT, Comrie looked exposed from the start and we failed to make any tactical change to support him.

Second half we were better, but so far from ‘outstanding’. Raith had a couple of cracking chances which on another day would’ve went in, one being the save from OFW and the other where the ball was whipped into the box and the players just needed that touch for it to go in.

We’re all over the place, I do believe we have a solid foundation of a team here (bar a couple of bad eggs), but we’re not getting the best out of them.

You can cloud your own judgement if you want over that wee 20min spell, just like that 8min PG interview back at the start, but there is something fundamentally wrong this season and the only way I see out of it is a change in management.

Ofcourse, hopefully I’m wrong and we go on a small winning streak, which would make the league much more palatable to look at than now, but there is nothing to suggest that is going to happen at the moment and how many more chances are we going to give them.

If you accept mediocrity then you’ll continue to get mediocrity, we should be expecting more.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 08:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 08:35

“ 1st half was poor but 2nd half was outstanding and if the manager takes stick for the 1st half then he must also get the credit for the 2nd half performance and he must be given time to turn things around”

Why was the first half so poor though? Because the manager got his tactics so horrifically wrong. Set up in a style that suited Raith perfectly, rather than playing to our strengths/trying to exploit their weaknesses. A tiny bit of research into Raith would tell you that Berra and Benedictus aren’t mobile, but win everything in the air. So why did we start with Todorov and make our tactics their bread and butter, rather than making them have to run/work?

He then had to waste 2 subs correcting his terrible game plan, leaving us to finish the game effectively with 10 men, with Dorrans struggling. Does he really deserve much credit for using the first half as his research on how to play against Raith and leaving us struggling at the end because of it? Also ‘outstanding’ is really pushing it. If that’s the best we’ve got, we’re going down. 1 shot on target in our last 2 games combined and we have fans using words like ‘outstanding’. Raith’s first half was much better than our second half, so the bar must be set very low, for a manager who said he’s here to win the league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 08:40

If this is what we settle for, this is what we'll get, we're still at the bottom, by Peter Grant's own boasting this isn't good enough...but on we limp to the next game...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 08:48

Good post from Berry at 8.21.

It's all about perspective. An away draw against a strong is a good result if you're at/near the top of the league. Not so good if you're bottom.

We badly need a few wins to instil some confidence into the squad. Retreating into defense after equalising showed how little the players have.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 09:03

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 30 Sep 08:48

It's all about perspective. An away draw against a strong is a good result if you're at/near the top of the league. Not so good if you're bottom.

We badly need a few wins to instil some confidence into the squad. Retreating into defense after equalising showed how little the players have.

Surely the manager has to take some responsibility for that, he persisted with the same failing keeper and defence until confidence was shot, not to mention a formation that didn't come close to working?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 09:13

We do have good players - and some bad ones! We never looked liked winning yesterday and were lucky to scrape a draw.

Played 7, W0, scored 4 goals. Surely a defeat to QOS and Killie and that must be it for PG?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 09:38

...and your point is?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 10:11

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 30 Sep 09:03

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 30 Sep 08:48

Surely the manager has to take some responsibility for that, he persisted with the same failing keeper and defence until confidence was shot, not to mention a formation that didn't come close to working?

Surely that's a rhetorical question on your part, Rasta?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 10:31

Why is it we seem to be very poor in the first half of games. I mean even that victory over Partick way back, most comments from the game were saying Partick should have been 3 up at least at half time. Last night Raith might have been 2 or 3 up at the break. I mean I`m not forgetting in some matches we were rank the whole game. Like others have said not sure if things are quite right at the club just now and even the best of teams find it very hard to get out of the relegation zone if they linger there for too long. Quite worrying times for the club and supporters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 10:45

^^^ this

Do we actually take a look at teams before we play them? I`d rather we didn`t have to give the manager credit for "changing it" at HT when we`re already behind. Get it right first time!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 10:50

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 30 Sep 10:45

^^^ this

Do we actually take a look at teams before we play them? I`d rather we didn`t have to give the manager credit for "changing it" at HT when we`re already behind. Get it right first time!

Oooh, look at us agreeing :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 11:10

After that game I feel as bad as I have in my time watching the Pars, probably the worst and that is saying something when you consider the Iain Munro, Jocky Scott and Davie Hay periods. They were poor but I can`t remember things being as broken as they are now. I got behind PG at the start and thought he should be given a chance and not be written off just because of Alloa last season. I was wrong though and he seems to be introducing an Alloa mentality to the team. On Saturday I though his subs were more about not losing and when we scored last night it is all about hanging on and stealing a point. I get the feeling he will be pleased at going three games unbeaten now. At the beginning of the season I thought we had the best strike force in the league and he has managed to turn us into a team with two decent wide players that actually play narrow and don`t create chances. After covid and the lack of football we all experienced I couldn`t wait to get back to EEP and I am gutted that I don`t want to use my season ticket already. For all those pars fans that spend their hard earned cash at the gate on a Saturday I take my hat off to anyone who persists in paying that a bit longer when times are hard. I don`t feel comfortable with shouting for anyone to lose their job either but I would like those in charge to resolve matters or give a detailed defense of where they are trying to get to and why they are confident that PG will manage to turn things round as I am struggling to see it.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 11:33

Last night`s game reminded me of John Potter`s short tenure as manager, constantly changing the team and reacting to crisis.
We are well into the season now and in my opinion, the manager doesn`t appear to know what his strongest 11 are, or he is unwilling to give certain players a start for other reasons.
How are the players supposed to build on their confidence if they are unlikely to be starting two games in a row.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 11:38

To be fair, OFW in goals and that back 4 look like they'll be the first choice. Dorrans and Pybus are his midfield pairings and Dow and Kennedy are his preferred wide men. It's only really the strikers he's not that sure on - and none of them have demanded a place based on performances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 11:47

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 30 Sep 11:38

To be fair, OFW in goals and that back 4 look like they'll be the first choice. Dorrans and Pybus are his midfield pairings and Dow and Kennedy are his preferred wide men. It's only really the strikers he's not that sure on - and none of them have demanded a place based on performances.

& the centre backs. We had 2 (3 if you include Martin), he’s signed Jones, breen, Connolly & graham but constantly chops and changes between them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 11:56

Gaspuitis seems to have nailed down his spot and I think Connolly will be a regular too.

He's hardly played Jones and Breen hasn't ever made an appearance. I can't see Graham getting back in soon either - so you'd imagine that Watson will be the back up, unless he has had a bust up. Last time the club was as coy about things it was due to Covid though.

Point I`m making is that I think we could all name 9 or 10 of those who will start on Saturday if everyone is fit:

OFW, Comrie, Gaspuitis, Connolly, Edwards, Pybus, Dorrans, Kennedy, Dow.

We might not agree with the management teams` opinion, but I think they`ve definitely an idea of their best team - and unless you`ve got Crawford and Brewster, there`s less of an issue if the attacking side of things is more fluid when it comes to selection.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 12:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 12:37

I stated before ICT game that fans wouldn't be annoyed as much if they seen the team improve, I think the last 3 games there has been a marked improvement.
Many posters on here have stated over the last 3 games that that we would be hammered by all 3 teams. None of them beat us. That in my book is improvement .

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 12:43

Without a league win all season ,Not scored a league goal at east end and the worst away support for a fife Derby.

So yeah 3 draws in a row with 1 goal has really given me confidence for the rest of the season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 12:49

LEGEND85 wrote:

> Without a league win all season ,Not scored a league goal at
> east end and the worst away support for a fife Derby.
>
> So yeah 3 draws in a row with 1 goal has really given me
> confidence for the rest of the season.

Travelling Fans have to go back to 24th October last year to find the last league away win ironically against Alloa.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 12:50

Following Dorrans debacle at Ayr he has played well, he showed real commitment last night coming back on with all three subs made when he looked to be quite injured and would not take any further part in the game, that displayed determination and was commendable

Perhaps there is a route back for him as captain and leader, I think the guy should get the benefit of the doubt from our fans

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:00

Quote:

1970par, Thu 30 Sep 12:50

Following Dorrans debacle at Ayr he has played well, he showed real commitment last night coming back on with all three subs made when he looked to be quite injured and would not take any further part in the game, that displayed determination and was commendable

Perhaps there is a route back for him as captain and leader, I think the guy should get the benefit of the doubt from our fans

Have to agree with this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:02

1970par wrote:

> Following Dorrans debacle at Ayr he has played well, he showed
> real commitment last night coming back on with all three subs
> made when he looked to be quite injured and would not take any
> further part in the game, that displayed determination and was
> commendable
>
> Perhaps there is a route back for him as captain and leader, I
> think the guy should get the benefit of the doubt from our fans
>
>

Didn`t seem to be any fight at all in the 1st half, everyone backed off, 2nd half couldn`t question commitment, I`d mention O`hara too when he came on he set a tone, the boy chased everything. When we scored I seen passion in the players that maybe because of circumstances they haven`t displayed.

Grant needs to go on a run but we can`t afford to give him an eternity to find it otherwise we`ll be too far detatched.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:09

going on a run wont change anything though to most folk, as you said its just delaying the inevitable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:10

We actually won the game 2-1. Wighton`s goal was clearly onside. A wrong decision by the linesman robbed us of two points. We went there to win and we did. Not many teams have beaten Raith Rovers there this season, not even Aberdeen but in reality we did. Surely a good starting point to start climbing the table.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:11

Trying far too hard

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:21

Yeah, I guess so da no1, we`ll still be lucky to end up mid table.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:44

Paralex, One of the commentators said Wighton’s head was offside. In a parallel universe he would have been carrying it under his arm

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:59

If you accept mediocrity, that's what you'll get.

Unfortunately as a club we've done that for far too long, the hangover of "Lucky to have a club" has led to accept averageness (at best) as a fanbase. The second half wasn't outstanding, the first half was absolutely dreadful, and so far this season has been totally unacceptable. 3 points from the last 3 simply isn't good enough, if we had beaten Inverness but then been humbled by Hamilton and Raith would Grant still be manager? I'd hope not.

As it is we'll keep bumbling along, a point at QoTS and I'd imagine he'll buy himself another week, and before long we'll be appointing a manager based on him getting us out of relegation trouble, and then next season we'll consider it another season of "rebuilding". Absolutely Scunnered.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 14:03

Spot on Grant that is how I feel just now scunnered
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 14:11

Livingston and Dundee are reasons why accepting mediocrity isn't all that bad. Yes both are in top league but both have been in administration twice. I don't know about anyone else but the 12-13 season was by far the worst I have witnessed as a Pars fan of 40 years.
I would much rather accept mediocrity than live through that hell again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 14:30

So you’re essentially in the ‘I’m just glad I have a team’ club.

I’m of the opinion that fans don’t want to fight for the team to survive to then survive through mediocrity each season, fight for them to survive and then go week in week out to watch a relegation battle.

People fought to save the club first but with expectations that one day we’d be back competing.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 14:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 14:51

Totally agree Berry, we will one day be back competing. But there may not be another day if we go t!t$ up

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 14:59

"If you accept mediocrity, that`s what you`ll get"

Nobody is accepting mediocrity though. None of the mantra from the club is about consolidating in the championship and being happy just to be here. What we`ve actually tried to, once it became clear that we`d perhaps gone as far as we could with fan ownership, is recruit external investment and expertise to move us on.

It just becomes conventional wisdom that the board/some fans don`t want any more when things aren`t going well on the pitch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 15:08

Where is the evidence that anyone at the club is `accepting mediocrity`? Why did the board go out looking for new investment when they realised the club could not progress while it was financed by directors` loans and fans` contributions? Just because we`re bottom of the league doesn`t mean anyone`s accepting it.

ETA- Just to say I didn`t see DA-go`s post before I sent mine but great minds obviously think alike.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 15:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 15:45

Everything DA-Go said. You have to be soft in the head to think that the board are "accepting" where we are. Some people basically can't navigate past the fact we're not winning and will retrofit any line of reasoning that makes them feel better. Or angrier.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 17:49

Quote:

Grant, Thu 30 Sep 13:59

Unfortunately as a club we've done that for far too long, the hangover of "Lucky to have a club" has led to accept averageness (at best) as a fanbase. The second half wasn't outstanding, the first half was absolutely dreadful, and so far this season has been totally unacceptable. 3 points from the last 3 simply isn't good enough, if we had beaten Inverness but then been humbled by Hamilton and Raith would Grant still be manager? I'd hope not.

As it is we'll keep bumbling along, a point at QoTS and I'd imagine he'll buy himself another week, and before long we'll be appointing a manager based on him getting us out of relegation trouble, and then next season we'll consider it another season of "rebuilding". Absolutely Scunnered.

While your anger and frustration is understandable, Grant, it's clouding your sense of reason, in my humble one. A far more rational response can be read in the 3 posts above this one, from DA-GO, wee eck and Rusty.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 18:09

The board are delaying the inevitable though are they not? Grant is not going to turn this around, even if he did and went on a few wins winning streak, the next loss, people will be calling for the axe again.

The way the board appointed him, the way PG interviewed at the start bigging up his ego, built it up for one big massive fall.

We’re bottom of the league, 7 games in, when we were meant to be top of the league this season no?

The board are yet to fire the trigger, why?

Are they accepting that we’re not going to win the league now….yes, are they accepting that we’ll not get into the promotion playoffs, if they don’t act soon then it’s certainly looking like it.

On that basis are they not just accepting mediocrity, even if it is for this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 18:17

Quote:

Berry, Thu 30 Sep 18:09

The board are delaying the inevitable though are they not? Grant is not going to turn this around, even if he did and went on a few wins winning streak, the next loss, people will be calling for the axe again.

The way the board appointed him, the way PG interviewed at the start bigging up his ego, built it up for one big massive fall.

We’re bottom of the league, 7 games in, when we were meant to be top of the league this season no?

The board are yet to fire the trigger, why?

Are they accepting that we’re not going to win the league now….yes, are they accepting that we’ll not get into the promotion playoffs, if they don’t act soon then it’s certainly looking like it.

On that basis are they not just accepting mediocrity, even if it is for this season.

I don't have a crystal ball, Berry, so I can't answer your question with any certainty. Like you, Grant and goodness knows how many other Pars fans, I can only hazard a guess. PG may well be sacked in the next few weeks, or he may work a minor miracle and get us up the table. Who knows?

Ask me again in a month's time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 18:37

Yeah fair enough GG. Feels like the guy was destined to fail from the get go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 18:38

"We actually won the game 2-1. Wighton`s goal was clearly onside. A wrong decision by the linesman robbed us of two points. We went there to win and we did. Not many teams have beaten Raith Rovers there this season, not even Aberdeen but in reality we did. Surely a good starting point to start climbing the table."

You are either on the wind up - or auditioning to be PG`s script writer for post match interviews !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 18:41

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 30 Sep 17:49

Quote:

Grant, Thu 30 Sep 13:59

While your anger and frustration is understandable, Grant, it's clouding your sense of reason, in my humble one. A far more rational response can be read in the 3 posts above this one, from DA-GO, wee eck and Rusty.

Not at all GG, if anything I'll double down.

The 2 year extension of AJ was accepting mediocrity, the contract given to Crawford was accepting mediocrity, RM being happy to start this season with Crawford was accepting mediocrity, as for the appointment, and then continued employment of Peter Grant? If that's not absolutely stinking of mediocrity then I don't know what is.

So yes, we'll carry on with Peter Grant even though absolutely everyone knows he isn't taking us up, but we'll carry on this charade, and we'll continue to turn away even more fans.

In my life I've never seen as poor an away attendance at a Fife Derby, and that is a direct reflection on the downright atrocious running of the football club the past few years.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 18:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 19:22

It's still not accepting mediocrity. When we reached the playoffs in 2018, we did so off the back of 7 wins and 3 draws in the last 10 games of the season. We then held Dundee Utd with 10 men in the first leg, battered them in the first half on the 2nd leg but unfortunately didn't score more than once - which was more to do with McManus than the manager.

The board then gave him a contract, the club looking in a substantially better state than when he took over and then backed him with a bunch of signings. They, by they're own admission, speculated, to try and build on the base and gain promotion. Might have been the wrong decision in hindsight but it wasn't due to settling for mediocrity.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 20:12

Grant I think you could do with a break from .net and the Pars.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 20:24

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 30 Sep 19:22

It's still not accepting mediocrity. When we reached the playoffs in 2018, we did so off the back of 7 wins and 3 draws in the last 10 games of the season. We then held Dundee Utd with 10 men in the first leg, battered them in the first half on the 2nd leg but unfortunately didn't score more than once - which was more to do with McManus than the manager.

The board then gave him a contract, the club looking in a substantially better state than when he took over and then backed him with a bunch of signings. They, by they're own admission, speculated, to try and build on the base and gain promotion. Might have been the wrong decision in hindsight but it wasn't due to settling for mediocrity.

In his two seasons with us he didn't get us close to promotion, I'd argue he should've been gone after the first season in the Championship.

It wasn't a secret to anyone there was a substantial re-build in the offing, at best he should've been given a year, at best.

As it was the contract he was given then meant the payoff constricted us with the next appointment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 20:25

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 30 Sep 20:12

Grant I think you could do with a break from .net and the Pars.

Why? I'd imagine most Pars fans are pretty annoyed at the moment, hence why we took 600-800 away to Starks in the first fife Derby in how long?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 20:46

In the present situation, I would be prepared to stick with Peter Grant for the time being. He has steadied the ship. Changing managers every few months doesn`t deal with the problems. Look at Falkirk if you dare, they didn`t exactly fare very well when they changed manager. Peter Grant certainly has not lost the dressing room as some have suggested. Give the guy a chance. I doubt he will win the league this season but maybe next. I think there is no quick fix for us but we are slowly going in the right direction.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 21:05

All that is your opinion, which you`re entitled to. I`d argue he got us into the play-offs and had us competing in them, so we were reasonably close to promotion.

The first season back up, we started slowly but lost very few games at the end of the season. From memory, it was something like 4 losses out of 23 league games. It would have been a strange call to sack him then.

At worst, the board maybe should have gone with a one-year extension rather than two, but it was hardly a ridiculous decision based on the two previous years in the championship.

Anyway, whether or not you agree or disagree is irrelevant. Point is, the board genuinely thought they had a manager who could keep us improving. They were not accepting mediocrity - in fact they backed them more than ever after we finished 4th - it just ultimately went wrong in Johnston`s last season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 23:14

I wonder which magic-working manager we can attract to East End Park. In our present situation we are hardly an attractive proposition for any upward looking young manager and not that inspiring for the more experienced, who have been round the block a few times. Sometimes success comes when a team just sticks to the hard graft and adds to the playing staff bit by bit. Building slowly and surely has a better prospect of success than full scale changes on a regular basis and it seems that is beyond our financial situation anyway. Looks like the gradual approach is our best option.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 06:58

Quote:

Grant, Thu 30 Sep 18:41

The 2 year extension of AJ was accepting mediocrity, the contract given to Crawford was accepting mediocrity, RM being happy to start this season with Crawford was accepting mediocrity, as for the appointment, and then continued employment of Peter Grant? If that's not absolutely stinking of mediocrity then I don't know what is.

So yes, we'll carry on with Peter Grant even though absolutely everyone knows he isn't taking us up, but we'll carry on this charade, and we'll continue to turn away even more fans.

In my life I've never seen as poor an away attendance at a Fife Derby, and that is a direct reflection on the downright atrocious running of the football club the past few years.

I can't deny that the football we've witnessed in recent times has failed to live up to our hopes and expectations. We can describe it as poor or even mediocre, but it's a quantum leap to suggest that anyone with a Pars connection, from the Chairman, our investors, the manager and his squad, right down to the occasional fan is "accepting mediocrity. "

In any competitive sport, there can only be one winner. By definition therefore, every other competitor is a "failure." I rarely, if ever, go on to other fans forums. I bet if I did, I'd find plenty of fans of other clubs who are unhappy at the progress or performances of their teams and I'd include Celtic and Rangers fans after their Europa League results.

No one at EEP is happy with, or accepting of, mediocrity and you're entitled to call it out as you see it, but you cannot seriously suggest that Ross MacArthur, Thomas Meggle, Peter Grant and the squad are happy for us to be bottom of the table.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Oct 07:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 12:40

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 30 Sep 21:05

All that is your opinion, which you`re entitled to. I`d argue he got us into the play-offs and had us competing in them, so we were reasonably close to promotion.

The first season back up, we started slowly but lost very few games at the end of the season. From memory, it was something like 4 losses out of 23 league games. It would have been a strange call to sack him then.

At worst, the board maybe should have gone with a one-year extension rather than two, but it was hardly a ridiculous decision based on the two previous years in the championship.

Anyway, whether or not you agree or disagree is irrelevant. Point is, the board genuinely thought they had a manager who could keep us improving. They were not accepting mediocrity - in fact they backed them more than ever after we finished 4th - it just ultimately went wrong in Johnston`s last season.

Sneaking into fourth (as enjoyable as that last minute winner was) in a ten team league, before then being knocked out in the first round of the playoffs isn't close, let alone reasonably to promotion. No team has ever won promotion from the championship having finished third, let alone fourth. The run of fixtures of fixtures at such a high intensity makes it so, so difficult so sustain the level of performances needed over 6 games.

The first season up we should have at the very least been challenging for the playoffs, and despite the the 5th place finish we weren't troubling them, as it was there was talk of consolidation, which just simply isn't needed for this league if you've came up as champions.

At best he should have been given a 1 year extension, the two year deal made absolutely no sense, if your goal is promotion we hadn't came close to challenging for second place.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 12:47

What really hurt AJ was losing Morris, Clark, McManus and Aird in one fell swoop. Retaining them would have improved our chances of promotion considerably.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 12:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 1 Oct 06:58

Quote:

Grant, Thu 30 Sep 18:41

I can't deny that the football we've witnessed in recent times has failed to live up to our hopes and expectations. We can describe it as poor or even mediocre, but it's a quantum leap to suggest that anyone with a Pars connection, from the Chairman, our investors, the manager and his squad, right down to the occasional fan is "accepting mediocrity. "

In any competitive sport, there can only be one winner. By definition therefore, every other competitor is a "failure." I rarely, if ever, go on to other fans forums. I bet if I did, I'd find plenty of fans of other clubs who are unhappy at the progress or performances of their teams and I'd include Celtic and Rangers fans after their Europa League results.

No one at EEP is happy with, or accepting of, mediocrity and you're entitled to call it out as you see it, but you cannot seriously suggest that Ross MacArthur, Thomas Meggle, Peter Grant and the squad are happy for us to be bottom of the table.

I don't think it's a quantum leap at all, by all accounts McArthur was happy to start this season with Crawford, if you don't define that as accepting mediocrity what do you define it as?

I'd hope McArhur and Meggle aren't happy, but it's down to them that they're taking such low numbers to games, that's there's such apathy amongst Pars fans, that we are bottom of the league. Multiple poor decisions over a period of years have led to Pars fans with a such a non plussed attitude towards a Fife Derby. The appointment of Grant absolutely killed any momentum we had going into the season, the continued employment of him just makes it abundantly clear that talk of promotion wasn't to be taken seriously.

Talk about McArthur having more information available to him which in turn means he makes better decisions is just so, so, so boring. Because time and time again he's made the utterly wrong decision, I'd love to see what magical information he had on Peter Grant that led him to Beleive he'd be a good appointment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:11

Again, none of that is accepting mediocrity. It`s you having a different opinion to them as to whether the existing managers can progress the club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:18

McArthur and co literally tore up the business model in order to try and progress the club. That's by definition the opposite of accepting mediocrity.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:24

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 1 Oct 13:11

Again, none of that is accepting mediocrity. It`s you having a different opinion to them as to whether the existing managers can progress the club.

Again, it absolutely is.

I'd imagine both AJ and especially Crawford had the brief that we were to challenge for promotion in there final seasons, and again, finishing fourth in a ten team league before being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs isn't challenging for promotion.

Despite this McArthur was happy, and in one case gave out an extended two year contract to the managers for this.

If Peter Grant was to relegate us and McArthur was to give him a 5 year contract you could say he's got a difference of opinion as to whether Peter Grant is progressing the club, I'd call it accepting mediocrity.

It's just a shame that every time McArthur has a different opinion it has inevitably went to ****, for once I wish McArthur, being the big fan he is, had the same opinion as most fans in that Peter Grant is an absolute charlatan, and had a thorough job application process rather than head hunting the bloke that's just relegated the club we share training facilities with. Still, just a different opinion...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:26

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 1 Oct 13:18

McArthur and co literally tore up the business model in order to try and progress the club. That's by definition the opposite of accepting mediocrity.

What's that in relation to?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:30

Quote:

Grant, Fri 1 Oct 13:26

Quote:

Seriously?

Seeking external investment + change in ownership structure as the current arrangement made it extremely difficult to progress the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:41

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 1 Oct 13:30

Quote:

Grant, Fri 1 Oct 13:26

Quote:

Seriously?

Seeking external investment + change in ownership structure as the current arrangement made it extremely difficult to progress the club.

Seriously, the way you described it is an incredibly dramatic way to say "Sold the club".

The repeated bad decisions in relation to the managerial position is what made it difficult to progress the club. The money was there, it was just handled extremely poorly.

The external investment sounded extremely promising, however its pretty terrifying to think they were then involved in the Peter Grant appointment, doesn't fill you with much hope for the future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 13:58

`...I wish McArthur, being the big fan he is, had the same opinion as most fans in that Peter Grant is an absolute charlatan,...`

People come out with these sweeping statements on here all the time. Where is the evidence that `most fans` had that opinion and in what sense is Peter Grant an `absolute charlatan`? His career is a matter of public record and I believe he holds all the relevant coaching certificates. As has often been said on here he didn`t even apply for the job which is hardly what you`d expect of a `charlatan`. You really should be more careful with what you post on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 14:27

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 1 Oct 13:58

`...I wish McArthur, being the big fan he is, had the same opinion as most fans in that Peter Grant is an absolute charlatan,...`

People come out with these sweeping statements on here all the time. Where is the evidence that `most fans` had that opinion and in what sense is Peter Grant an `absolute charlatan`? His career is a matter of public record and I believe he holds all the relevant coaching certificates. As has often been said on here he didn`t even apply for the job which is hardly what you`d expect of a `charlatan`. You really should be more careful with what you post on here.

Charlatan

noun

a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill.

Peter Grant and his "my cv would blow everyone out the matter" is some false claim. He must have claimed to have some sort of knowledge to get the job during that eight hour chat with McArthur. I'd certainly like to see him exhibit some of those management skills sometime soon.

That or McArthur looked at his cv and reckoned that having a club in dead last place was exactly what we needed, in that respect we've got exactly what you'd expect from the appointment.

Lord knows why you've got so triggered by such a common phrase, have a quick search and see how often it's been used this month, where were you then advising people to be more careful with what they post?

Post Edited (Fri 01 Oct 14:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 15:03

Well thanks for the definition .Funnily enough, I`d checked it before I posted. As I said, Peter Grant`s record is there for all to see so I don`t see how he could make false claims about it.

Like a lot of people on here, and on social media in general, you seem to have trouble distinguishing between `facts` and `opinions`. Just because you think he`s a charlatan doesn`t mean he is one. Come to think of it, you maybe fit the definition yourself. You seem to see yourself as a bit of a football expert. Maybe you could show us your CV and we could come to our own conclusion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 15:48

I worry that escaping relegation will be seen as a success this season.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 16:01

Grant, you’re fighting the good fight on here, but the vultures of .net mediocrity are circling on you. Be as well talking to a brick wall.

We have haemorrhaged support and fan base on everything involved with the club the last few years due to the lack of ambition and belief from our club board. Every Saturday ciao media post, every forum post, every home support every away support. Decaying. Dying. Apathetic.

And as for the argument on the final AJ season…. Badly overspending isn’t showing ambition - it’s demonstration of inability.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 16:15

"Grant, you’re fighting the good fight on here, but the vultures of .net mediocrity are circling on you. Be as well talking to a brick wall."

Sorry for debating an opinion. "Accepting mediocrity" is as cliche as "tactically naive". People throw it out there when things aren`t going well on the park.

"And as for the argument on the final AJ season…. Badly overspending isn’t showing ambition - it’s demonstration of inability."

The board were backing a manager who had taken us into the play-offs on the back of a 10 game unbeaten streak and who they thought could progress us further. It was literally an example of showing ambition. The overspending also wasn`t solely down to the spending on players, it was down to other factors which were well publicised.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 16:26

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 1 Oct 15:03

Well thanks for the definition .Funnily enough, I`d checked it before I posted. As I said, Peter Grant`s record is there for all to see so I don`t see how he could make false claims about it.

Like a lot of people on here, and on social media in general, you seem to have trouble distinguishing between `facts` and `opinions`. Just because you think he`s a charlatan doesn`t mean he is one. Come to think of it, you maybe fit the definition yourself. You seem to see yourself as a bit of a football expert. Maybe you could show us your CV and we could come to our own conclusion.

You're welcome, now that you've mastered the art of Google perhaps master the art of the search function and warn the other posters as you have done me? I'm sure this is definitely a case of you being passionate about the misuse of the word, and not just you following me around the forum, odd behaviour.

"Come to think of it" 😂 gies peace.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 16:28

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Fri 1 Oct 15:48

I worry that escaping relegation will be seen as a success this season.

I said that earlier and I firmly beleive it'll be the case, we persevere with Peter Grant for whatever reason, new manager comes in and it's all about avoiding relegation, then next season is all about trying to consolidate and build etc.

The season isn't terminal yet, a decent manager and we've still got a chance of the playoffs IMO.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 17:11

People keep talking about his CV, to be fair you can go back to the 80s and only managers that come near to his CV are Davie Hay (enough said about him)and Jim Jeffries.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 18:04

I`ve heard it all now. Anyone who contributes to this thread is following Grant around the forum. Some ego! 🤣😊😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 18:41

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 1 Oct 17:11

People keep talking about his CV, to be fair you can go back to the 80s and only managers that come near to his CV are Davie Hay (enough said about him)and Jim Jeffries.

Jimmy Calderwood had a decent one, and while it wasn't littered with big clubs Alan Johnston had a very good c.v with regards to him getting a full time promoted from league 1 in a very good style, he was the ideal appointment at the time.

Peter Grant has had a short spell in charge of Norwich which didn't go well, and got Alloa relegated. I genuinely don't think his c.v as a manager is any great shakes. He's coached at some big clubs but that never seems to end well either! And as we found out with Potter, great coaches don't always make great managers.

There has to be some realism in that any manager we appoint will have a blemish with regards to there applications. Either they would be untested at this level (Either a youth coach or a manager moving up a level ala Petrie) or they might have done well at this level in the past but have since done a bad job somewhere else and as such are now available (John Hughes, McIntyre etc).

Which is what makes the Grant appointment a bit odd because as a manager there was nothing to be excited about.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 19:17

`Nope, everyone else on the thread has contributed to it in some way, discussing differences of opinion and the like, all good natured stuff. You on the other hand came in and got extremely defensive about the use of the word, which was very odd because it`s a word used all the time on this forum, and as far as I can see you`ve never taken issue with it.`

I think you`ll find I was one of the first to counter your claim that the club was accepting mediocrity.

Did you really go searching to see if I`d taken issue with the word `charlatan` before ...and you think I am obsessed with YOU?

What annoys me is people who love to dish out criticism, usually of people who aren`t in a position to defend themselves on here, but get extremely touchy if anyone has a wee pop at them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 19:47

Grant who was the last pars manager you got excited about? Mines was probably JJ before that Stephen Kenny , and before him your away back to the early 90s with Sir Bert

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 20:00

interesting question about exciting managerial appointments.

I think Calderwood and Kenny because of the unknown.

Can't remember being excited about Paton but he quickly turned that around.

Maybe Leishman the second time because I thought he might have rekindled the spark from the first time around.

I thought Hay at the time was so disappointing.

Jefferies I was happy with that and he probably was onto something before it went belly up.

But AJ,Crawford,McIntyre neither up nor down.

Peter Grant I thought this needs to work quickly or we are heading for disaster.

For me apart from the league one promotion and the first season in league 1 everything else has been mediocre.

Rotten football and some stinking results we are stale that is my opinion
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 20:23

I forgot about leishes 2nd spell 85. I don't remember being excited about Jimmy C , I was more excited Jimmy Nichol coming back to East End.

I'm not sure about Grant, as you said if he got off to a flyer ,we would have jumped on the bandwagon. I think the improvement last couple of games has let me think he might do alright . Sadly I think that may be more my heart than my head

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 20:28

``What annoys me is people who love to dish out criticism, usually of people who aren`t in a position to defend themselves on here``

That sounds a bit like the old argument about why it`s unfair to criticise the royal family. I can understand why Pars players and directors would prefer not become embroiled on arguments on the DAFC site, but they are surely free to do so if they wish. The choice not to defend themselves is theirs.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 20:36

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 1 Oct 19:47

Grant who was the last pars manager you got excited about? Mines was probably JJ before that Stephen Kenny , and before him your away back to the early 90s with Sir Bert

AJ! He was exactly what we needed, he'd gotten QoTS promoted when there was still snow on the pitch, when we appointed him I had a really good feeling that we'd get promoted.

I was excited about Kenny but that didn't really work, classic case of hindsight that though, on the face of it I'm sure everyone thought it'd be a great appointment. I thought Potter would've worked but c'est la vie.

Less so about JJ, I thiught it was very harsh to sack McIntyre.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 20:41

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 1 Oct 19:17

`Nope, everyone else on the thread has contributed to it in some way, discussing differences of opinion and the like, all good natured stuff. You on the other hand came in and got extremely defensive about the use of the word, which was very odd because it`s a word used all the time on this forum, and as far as I can see you`ve never taken issue with it.`

I think you`ll find I was one of the first to counter your claim that the club was accepting mediocrity.

Did you really go searching to see if I`d taken issue with the word `charlatan` before ...and you think I am obsessed with YOU?

What annoys me is people who love to dish out criticism, usually of people who aren`t in a position to defend themselves on here, but get extremely touchy if anyone has a wee pop at them.

Nah, took me a quick second to search charlatan, unsurprisingly on the most recent ones you hadn't said a peep, why was that?

I'm not touchy at all about people disagreeing with me, it's why I'm on the forum, I don't have a problem that Adonis and GG for example doesn't think we're accepting mediocrity, they put across there points and it's totally fair.

You don't tend to bring anything to the party outwith snide remarks and insults though, it's just odd.

An absolute charlatan of a poster really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 20:50

I wonder with a new director of football if we will revert to a coach rather than manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:09

Wow Grant, you thought McIntyre was sacked Harshly but have been wanting PG sacked after 5 or 6 league games, it doesn't get much harsher than that.

Wow I felt like Greg Wallace when I wrote that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:21

Some double standards in evidence on this thread

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:21

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 01 Oct 21:09

Wow Grant, you thought McIntyre was sacked Harshly but have been wanting PG sacked after 5 or 6 league games, it doesn't get much harsher than that.

McIntyre made one mistake and unfortunately it was a rather big one in that he trusted the players that brought us up and thought they would be capable of competing in the SPL, his sense of loyalty to those players let him down.

I would love to see him back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:22

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 1 Oct 21:09

Mixture of a few things with that really, thought that having got us up he had credit in the bank so to speak, thought he'd been dealt a bit of a harsh hand with regards to the budget (or perceived lack off) and I already thought we were relegated and didn't see a new manager changing that, however I fancied McIntyre to take us back up, he'd already done it once.

I'm not even sure Grant gets us promoted from league 1...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:41

I think it would be very difficult for the Board to stick with Grant if we lose tomorrow.

We have a really tough run coming up after that game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 22:13

I don't think the next 3 games are any tougher than our last 3 games, I know ,like every pars fan we have not win yet, but last 3 games we have showed a bit improvement. As fifers we are naturally miserable bar stewards. But cmon guys did anyone on Dot Net see us unbeaten against ICT, Hamilton and the Rovers?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 22:47

Would personally disagree, Hamilton expected a win, Raith expected to be more up for it than we were, happy with a point though, disappointed with a point at home to ICT to be honest regardless of the form they are in.

After tomorrow we have Kilmarnock at home, Partick away who schooled us at EEP, followed by another fife derby which Raith will be up for and you’re discounting Arbroath away who are performing very well and equally battered us at home.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:40

Sorry Berry, for a team sitting at the erse end of the championship, that hadn't scored a goal at home, playing a side that had won 5 games out of 5 and you were disappointed with a point. Yes we all thought we deserved a point or more after the game, but you were disappointed before a ball was kicked.

C'mon guy yer having a 🦒

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:41

Is this you accepting mediocrity?

We should be capable of beating anyone in this division at home.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Oct 23:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:47

You got me Berry, I am accepting mediocrity, I am the original happy clapper.
In fact I hope we don't win for next 5 games, PG gets bumped so all you unhappy booers can be proved right

Good night

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:50

Don’t put words in my mouth, didn’t mention anything about happy clapping.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 07:34

What a state some of you are.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 07:52

The Inverness game we maybe deserved to win that game and yes maybe some progress in that game.

But don't tell me we progressed against Hamilton that was awful and OFW earned a point for us.

The rovers game shocking in the first half , ok for 20 minutes in the second and again OFW earned us a point.

If folk think we have progressed in the last 3 games then for me we are in big bother.

So far the season has sucked it has been awful.

Folk aren't going to the games now they are choosing to watch a fife Derby on TV.

That's how bad we are let's not kid ourselves on.

Post Edited (Sat 02 Oct 07:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 08:49

Losing three games in a row by 3-0, 3-0 and 3-1 to drawing 0-0, 0-0 and 1-1, the last away from home? I`m not a maths professor but not bad at arithmetic. Looks like some kind of progress to me. OK our keeper was called into service, that`s what he`s there for. He`s part of the team and a good keeper can give real inspiration to his team mates. The only way for any team in our situation to progress is to work hard and stay positive.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 10:14

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 02 Oct 08:49

Losing three games in a row by 3-0, 3-0 and 3-1 to drawing 0-0, 0-0 and 1-1, the last away from home? I`m not a maths professor but not bad at arithmetic. Looks like some kind of progress to me. OK our keeper was called into service, that`s what he`s there for. He`s part of the team and a good keeper can give real inspiration to his team mates. The only way for any team in our situation to progress is to work hard and stay positive.

Don’t disagree that’s there’s been progress the last three games, don’t think anyone is disputing that.

Question really is whether it is sufficient progress to warrant keeping Grant in charge. Some would say yes, some will say no, I’m in the latter, ICT I agree with Legend we could’ve won that, Hamilton and Raith we were fortunate not to lose, and I can’t begin to express how poor I thought Hamilton were.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 11:13

The brutal start to the league campaign was a shock to all of us and after a good run of results in the league cup, quite a surprise. It probably came as a shock to the team and management too. Some of the new signings have not inspired confidence but we look as if we are beginning to get some semblance of a decent working outfit. Experience tells me that changing managers from the kind of position we are in often does not have a positive impact and things go from bad to worse. It looks like we have to cut our losses and make it our first aim to get out of the relegation zone. We need to stay in this league as our first aim. Descending into the lower league would be a disaster. That`s the reality of our situation. It`s nothing to do with accepting mediocrity, it`s to do with accepting the situation we are in and doing everything with the resources we have to improve it.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net