DAFC.net
Home 17 January 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Singing section
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 09:16

All up for making a good atmosphere and it was when signing about the pars and the team, but found it very strange signing about rapists and sex offenders and calling rovers players peados cause they celebrated in front of us 😂. Also calling people mongos aswell absolutely no need for it

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 10:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signing section
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 09:58

The most sensible post there has ever been on this forum!

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 10:04

I was expecting news of some new loanees!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 10:39

I thought we had established a deaf supporters section.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Singing section
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:33

Hopefully a board statement in due course to apologise for this behaviour

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 13:41

Cringeworthy stuff.

Even if there was a rapist, paedophile or person with learning difficulties, why would we sing about it?

The paedo chant seems to be all around Scotland. Scottish football must have more paedophiles than Barlinnie based on the prevalence of this chant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 16:07

Does anyone know the song so I can decide to be mock offended ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 16:21

Mock offended?

If you called someone a Paedo, Rapist or Mong in the street you'd get battered then lifted! These idiots in the stands and not just ours think they are above it.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 16:54

If there was singing about paedos last night it must have been a very small choir. I was at the game, not far from the centre of the Val Mcdermott stand and didn't hear it.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 17:24

I doubt many are offended, more embarrassed for the idiots singing these songs. That said, given we have people in our support with learning disabilities, throwing terms like "mongo" around isn't particularly nice.

Though it does remind me of this

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 17:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 17:39

I am disgusted with this behaviour as it does have a bearing on how other people view our supporters and our club. Seems to be the cult these days to be a rude as you can get, and can I add the treatment of Kyle Turner was just another example of the rudeness that has crept into our young supporters . Now, please get a grip lads and keep that snash for your private parties down the beach with no- one else in earshot and cut it out at our football matches. It is very unpleasant and think about the younger kids close by hearing that garbage.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Sep 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 18:10

Was definitely cringy stuff.
Now, my daughter is 13 and will have heard all sorts at high school (I'm not naive enough to think differently) but getting asked why those kinds of songs are being sung at the football and not pars songs is still awkward as a parent.
Certainly I can't see a need for it.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 19:03

They are accustomed to expressing poisonous views on social media without any comeback and that has now extended to behaviour generally.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 19:33

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 22:20

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 30 Sep 16:54

If there was singing about paedos last night it must have been a very small choir. I was at the game, not far from the centre of the Val Mcdermott stand and didn't hear it.

Speaking of Val McDermott, my friend was telling me she reads all of her books. I said "don't you mean his..." and she then put me right. I wrongly assumed it was Val, like Val Doonichan. That's after seeing Val numerous times on TV and meeting her once as well

I'm liking the use of the word "snash" by Steaua as well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 30 Sep 23:17

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Thu 30 Sep 19:03

They are accustomed to expressing poisonous views on social media without any comeback and that has now extended to behaviour generally.

In a nutshell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 01:36

I would say that my upbringing is probably a fairly typical example of Scottish Presbyterianism. Mixed in amongst the basic Christian values I can recall refrains of “Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me”, but also “the pen is mightier than the sword”.

Fact is, going back ‘decades’, I do have quite vivid recollections of particularly vile and toxic language being shouted from the terracing. So, while I do tend to agree with earlier references about expressing poisonous views on social media being a source of the behaviour, I do believe that the foul language coupled with toxic intent is much more deep routed.

Regardless of opposition, I (personally) find a lot of the abuse and insults emanating from the terracing to be offensive and degrading. But, I fear that as standards of socially acceptable behaviour continue to degenerate it is unlikely that this is something that is going to improve anytime soon.

To those who are prepared to actively condemn the sad individuals that appear to revel in such depraved behaviour .... I salute you.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 18:25

Was at the game and never heard it so as mentioned above must have been a small group.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net