DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Paul Watson & Dom Thomas ??
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:08

I know that no player is bigger than the club. Surely these 2 players are worthy of a place in the first team. Sounds like it’s Grants way or the highway. Maybe Grants man management skills are lacking. It’s up to him to get the best out of them. If he wants them to buy into what he is trying to do then he needs to keep them onside. By falling out with these 2 I would say is his and the teams loss. If it had only been DT then I could understand from what happened last season with Kyle Turner. We would be better off this season if we still had Kyle Turner. But now Watson also. We need to work collectively as one to be stronger and progress. That starts with the manager. Getting the fans on side and having a good connection with the players. I obviously don’t know what’s going on. Are the players turning against Grant??

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Paul Watson & Dom Thomas ??
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:10

If they were, he'd be gone as we would have got a doing in the 2nd half on Wednesday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:11

Where's the suggestion of a fall out apart from some silly rumours on the internet?

More likely Watson has COVID tbh and Grant has already highlighted the issue with Thomas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:21

His post match interview after the Raith game. He wasn’t willing to comment. Grant thinks Thomas isn’t doing enough off the ball. If Watson was covid related then why not say so?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:23

COVID absence seems to rarely be highlighted. Even with the Elgin game it wasn't mentioned WHO had it from what I recall. There was a statement about COVID, injuries and international duties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 21:51

Employers aren`t allowed to divulge Covid information about employees unless the employee has authorised it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 22:07

There is a reason Dom Thomas is with us , one good game in 10 is not enough in this league never mind the Premier.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 01:24

Here`s the "Grant`s lost the dressing room" theory airing itself again. I have seen absolutely no evidence of this at all. All of the players show a respect for the manager and while we haven`t won the last 3 games it`s not for the want of trying. There has been progress. Admittedly that has not been from a position of strength but the defence has been tightened up and that`s always the best place to start. Some of the players are showing good form. I like the look of Edwards and Kennedy on the left and with a wee bit more punch up front the goals should come.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 08:39

Think of all the players Sir Alex Ferguson reputedly fell out with when at Man Utd. Didn't make him a bad manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 10:23

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 1 Oct 22:07

There is a reason Dom Thomas is with us , one good game in 10 is not enough in this league never mind the Premier.

Nonsense. Most assists for us last season and a few goals too, in a 27 game season. He manage that in 2.7 games?

All wingers blow hot and cold, it's the nature of the position, but this 1 in 10 line that's been trotted out a few times is clearly nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 11:12

Quote:

tappies par, Fri 1 Oct 21:21

His post match interview after the Raith game. He wasn’t willing to comment. Grant thinks Thomas isn’t doing enough off the ball. If Watson was covid related then why not say so?

Because its private medical information
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 11:23

Aye but sir Alex knew how to win a league game unlike this clown we have in charge of us

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 11:52

"Most assists for us last season and a few goals too, in a 27 game season"

1 goal and most of the assists were set pieces, over half in fact.
back to the OP mentioning what happened with Turner, well unless there was a different event, Thomas had covid and was isolating at the time of the supposed bust up at training.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 12:47

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 2 Oct 11:23

Aye but sir Alex knew how to win a league game unlike this clown we have in charge of us

Not at the start at Manchester United he didn't. The board gave him time because they were astute enough to know that's what was needed. Some of the posters on here would have been greeting for his head and threatening to not go back in similar circumstances.
I think Peter Grant will take us in the right direction, no real point in chopping and changing every 6 months, it just sets us back
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 13:44

The Man U board gave time to a guy who had achieved incredible success at Aberdeen. We`re hoping a guy who`s never been a manager turns into one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaftritchie  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 14:02

what was the issue with thomas?

PARS DOWN TO THE BONE, ITS IN MY BLOOD
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaftritchie  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 14:04

theres a massive difference between fergie and grant mate, by all means if he can win games and deliver multiple trophies he can fall out with them all...

PARS DOWN TO THE BONE, ITS IN MY BLOOD
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Glenrothes Par  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 17:05

He never takes responsibility for what happens on the pitch . its always the players, injuries, covid always somebody else`s fault. Nothing to do with the manager

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:47

He was brought on to change things v Rovers , absolutely missing for said time on the pitch .

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net