DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kamara and Czech Racists
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 22:51

So the Czech ambassador is up in arms about the Scottish media calling out the Czech children, who were in Sparta`s stadium, (the adults were banned for racism) for booing Glen Kamara everytime he touched the ball. One of the delightful little cherubs was even holding a sign that said `Kudela Team`.
Kudela was the Slavia Prague, Sparta`s city rivals, who was found guilty by uefa of racially abusing Kamara (I won`t repeat the disgusting slur he aimed at the Finnish international).
I usually don`t really want the old firm to win European games (petty I know) but I really hope Rangers do a number on the Czechs when they play them back at Ibrox.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kamara and Czech Racists
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:17

Yes, let’s hope our own bigots beat those foreign bigots.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:26

TOWK I want any British club to well in Europe, including the ugly sisters, Rovers and Skumkirk, So I totally agree with I hope rangers pump them. There is no place for racism in society. What I dislike is turning on TV this morning and Stevie G wanting UEFA to hammer clubs for shouting abuse at players, when in reality he has 50,000 of his clubs own fans spouting vile sectarian abuse to whoever they are playing.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:28

Rangers do indeed have issues to tackle and in fairness they are at least making the right noises in that regard. It appears the Czech administrations are burying their heads in the sand.
Instead of just saying they were disappointed and applaed by the jeering directed at Kamara they have decided to object to the media highlighting the fact.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:35

“Rangers do indeed have issues to tackle and in fairness they are at least making the right noises in that regard.”

No. They’re paying lip service like they have been for years. Absolutely no interest in eradicating it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 1 Oct 23:54

No whataboutery ,the Czechs have a racism problem that their own FA and UEFA will not properly address.
It's time for expulsion for teams and countries who continue to accept racist behavior.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 00:17

TOWK I watched rangers game yesterday and you heard booing every time Kamara went near the ball. Sparta Prague don't have an argument, but UEFA like the SFA have no Balls. I heard earlier tonight that the game was meant to be played with no Fans in attendance.

The only way to stop this $#!t€ is to take league points of clubs, Even in Europe if your clubs fans feck up dock them points from thier national league. Fines don't work because European big clubs can afford to pay players £100,000s a week. The clubs will eventually get the message when they spend millions to get in to Europe but don't because thier fans are bigoted racist erseholes

Post Edited (Sat 02 Oct 00:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 00:20

Allparone when I say Rangers are making the right noises I mean statements and actions like this one last month which saw a number of supporters banned from Ibrox.
Their statement:
"FOLLOWING an incident on Sunday, we repeat that Rangers FC condemns all forms of racism, sectarianism and discrimination. We are working with the police to identify any season tickets holders.

As a club, we are proud of our Everyone Anyone campaign, led through the Rangers Charity Foundation, our work with a wide range of stakeholders and our on-going dialogue with the Scottish Government.

Discrimination of all forms is a societal issue within Scotland. Those with influence within Scottish discourse should put their energy into eradicating this very serious issue across all sections of Scottish society who suffer sectarianism, discrimination and racism of any form."

Meanwhile the Czech foreign minister calls in the British ambassador to tell him; " Enough! Intentionally spread, disgusting insults against Czech children in the media and on the internet do not belong to football and even less so to good relations between two countries"

Pity he wasn`t so animated when one of his countrymen called a black player "a f***ing monkey".

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 07:21

Never saw it, so keen to understand more - was there any overt racism other than booing and a kid with Kudela Team sign? I imagine it will be hard to do anything punitive if there wasn’t as it’s hard to prove they booed the player for being black or does it mean booing anyone is not allowed.

Not suggesting it’s even remotely right or intent was not there but I also don’t know how the whole Kudela incident played in the Czech media as I thought he vehemently denied it and we all know how regional press can take a side and spin a story to (wrongly) present their own country as the victim and when they who they incorrectly perceive as the wrong doer come calling again that sentiment is baked into new found hostility.

It’s not like our press who have for decades played down/ignored anti catholic behaviour when teams come calling from say Italy wouldn’t then capitalise on a similar issue as victims just to generate column inches.

The Naymar banana incident is an example of this when there was a clamour for him to apologise because it was a German and not a Scot that threw a banana on the pitch. I don’t think he was checking passports when dealing with the hurt that incident would cause and yet our press were demanding an apology for Scotland fans.

As I say I’ve not seen it so hopefully someone can clarify and this is in no way defending any racist behaviour just looking for more information as for all the fuss it caused I am sure there is more to it than I have seen from a couple news articles on BBC which weren’t particularly clear.

The fact they scammed 10,000 folk in also just shows how inept UEFA are anyway - not much of a punishment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 07:47

Rangers are right to raise this despite it being a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

As others have suggested, it might be worth them getting their own house in order if they want to be taken seriously when make these accusations. Obviously it's each to their own, but I can't support either side of the OF in Europe due to the minority of their fans being bigots and what I see to be a complete lack of action by the clubs. Same applies to Hearts to some extent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 09:47

The bigot brothers fan racism is never acceptable, but what appears to be going on with Czech fans & indeed the behaviour within some of their clubs is beyond the pale & for the Czech foreign minister to become involved & attempt to skew the blame onto rangers is inexcusable & needs dealt with accordingly by footballing authorities including those of the Czech nation…………. But IMO it won’t be!

“When is a closed door game not a closed door game?”
“When 10,000 kids plus their guardians are allowed entry”

……… mockery of the rules!

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 09:54

A new twist to Kamara incident

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sparta-prague-ask-rangers-to-intervene-after-xenophobic-attacks-on-children-1633095601000

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 12:36

10000 kids, the racists of the future. Further evidence it comes from the parents. One kid even had we show unity with Kudela support banner.
The stadium was already closed for racist abuse on a Monaco player, time now to kick these clubs out, no different to the 80s when all English clubs banned for hooliganism. Kick all Czech clubs out of UEFA completions.
There is strict liability in UEFA competitions compared to our own leagues.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 12:40

Just sounded like booing everytime he touched the ball. When you factor in that Kamara allegedly physically attacked a Czech international in an off the pitch incident which led to him being banned, it is understandable that he could be booed. They may have booed a white player in the same circumstances
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 12:53

No doubt had Kamara ignored the racial abuse aimed at him from Kudela last season then he wouldn`t have been targeted by the boo boys the other night.

Post Edited (Sat 02 Oct 12:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 14:37

Red Star, from the clips that were played I heard them booing Kamara but I didn't hear them booing any of the other black players that were playing for the Rangers 2012. I have to say that our supporters were known to boo certain players in some teams. Eg a black Falkirk player. It was the player that was booed not his colour.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net