DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 PETER GRANT POST MATCH
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:18

Sounds defeated...

"a bit better" in second half..

Expected the crowds reaction at full time.. He found it hard to watch the players playing for him today.

He WONT QUIT..

I think he knows he is on his way out...But speaks about "things have happened" "can`t speak about"

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: PETER GRANT POST MATCH
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:23

So the players have chucked it.

It's over
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:25

When it comes down to it, it`s the 11 players on the pitch who cause us to win lose or draw. Sadly I don`t see any magic wand sorting that out. I hope whoever may replace Grant can bring 6 or 7 highly motivated, experienced and skilful players with him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:27

Who ever replaces PG will have to work with what we have.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:27

Quote:

elvis_lives, Sat 2 Oct 18:23

So the players have chucked it.

It's over

From what I saw today it looked like the players started the game with a defeat. Connolly was solid again and despite QOS pressing I thought we were going to hold out. The QOS defence strolled it today. There wefe too many stray passes, no pressing from midfield or competitive edge. Kennedy worked hard. OHara has poor ball control and needs to anticipate more he never threatened up front.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:30

Now he knows what it feels like to be scunnered watching the same dross week in week out ! the players haven`t been playing for anyone of late never mind him !
They really need to have a look in the mirror at themselves and ask if the effort and performance is acceptable to put in the same S**t effort every week !
Even though he wasn`t the popular choice for manager Nobody wanted him to fail because if he fails the Pars Fail
time for him to go though ! not caring if he gives 110% it`s obviously not good enough

Post Edited (Sat 02 Oct 18:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  

Sounds like he`s resigned to getting the tin-tack

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dannorm  

You don`t win games of football you know the consequences - See you Peter don`t let the door hit you on the way out

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:33

And he’s responsible for 10 absolute awful signings from the transfer window, 11 if you count Connolly too who has looked decent so far, the other 10 what a waste of money from the bod getting this clown in to start with and the dross he’s signed and we are stuck with them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:36

He knows he is a gonner. The hope is we appoint someone decent to save us from the drop. The players aren’t playing for him.

Some task for the new man as our midfield options are utter shoite.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:42

Listening to his post match comments he`s gone,I believe he has given 100% and the players
need to take a long hard look at themselves.Regardless who the manager is they are representing this club and the fans, and appear to have downed tools,and are partly responsible for the mess we are in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:46

The Germans will have to back the new manager in January, we badly need 2 decent midfielders as a priority. The season can definitely be saved if immediate action is taken!!! He must be sacked tonight!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsparspars  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 18:46

The way he phrased a couple of things makes me think he was already told a defeat would be the end. Just a formality of an announcement hopefully now. Making sure he gets his pay off which he is entitled too, which tbf is the responsibility of mr MacArthur. Can dip into his own pocket after the fans dig deep during COVID.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:10

The interview if a man who has already been told he’s gone. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves and their professionalism. They have downed tools before we got going. Now we are stuck with them after Grant gas gone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:16

they will just pick them up and everyone will be happy with the new manager, winning every week....doesnt work like that.

everything in the interview tells you hes going, he knows it, its when its announced. good luck to the next manager, they will need it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:21

I don't think they downed tools. We were poor but probably the better side in the 2nd half and looked likelier to score. Their goal was a bit lucky and they hadn't threatened much. Neither side really deserved the 3 points but I don't think we weren't trying. Probably not the narrative for some though

I'd agree more if we were talking after the Thistle game or, especially the Arbroath one. Absolutely no fight in the 2nd half - when you'd expect a Pars team 2-0 to come out fighting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:21

Players need to fecking well grow up.
Bunch of schoolboys. Imagine doing that at work if you didn`t get on with the manager...You`d be up on a disciplinary.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:23

Watched the stream and one of the worst games I can recall watching. Queens were as bad as us.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:28

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sat 2 Oct 19:21

I don't think they downed tools. We were poor but probably the better side in the 2nd half and looked likelier to score. Their goal was a bit lucky and they hadn't threatened much. Neither side really deserved the 3 points but I don't think we weren't trying. Probably not the narrative for some though

I'd agree more if we were talking after the Thistle game or, especially the Arbroath one. Absolutely no fight in the 2nd half - when you'd expect a Pars team 2-0 to come out fighting.

I think they put the effort in, but honestly we were second best to the ball, passing was poor, no threat up front, and lost out alot in midfield. On many occasions there were no options out of defence to play the ball.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 19:56

I actually had a bit of sympathy for Grant at full time today. He knows he is well out of his depth and that his time is surely up.

My blame fully goes to the board and the fact they employed a manager that the majority of fans knew would turn out to be a disaster. What`s worse is that he never applied for the job and also that he would probably have preferred the Celtic coaching job! McArthur needs to step down for this incredibly ridiculous decision. Can`t believe how stupid he was employing him. We now have a serious relegation battle on our hands after being one of the favourites to challenge. We have made some of the worst signings in my lifetime support The Pars and most are on two year deals. This is a disaster and the board should be digging deep into their pockets to make up for these decisions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 20:30

The buck stops with the BOD, they appointed Grant.

They can’t hide now, next appointment is crucial if we are to stay in this league.

The German owners now need to make an appointment to protect their investment otherwise we may end up sending our club back several years in league 1.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 20:50

Why look at Grant`s signings in isolation? People go on about how good our crop of players are but you really need to look at what Dow, Wighton, O`Hara and Thomas have contributed since January.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 21:24

Quote:

bannerpar, Sat 2 Oct 20:50

Why look at Grant`s signings in isolation? People go on about how good our crop of players are but you really need to look at what Dow, Wighton, O`Hara and Thomas have contributed since January.

Dow did his achilles in Feb so harsh on him but otherwise agree.

Peter Grant has failed to fix whatever went wrong last season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 21:31

Quote:

Jeffery, Sat 2 Oct 21:24

Quote:

bannerpar, Sat 2 Oct 20:50

Dow did his achilles in Feb so harsh on him but otherwise agree.

Peter Grant has failed to fix whatever went wrong last season.

Agree. He took over some SCs players. You can't put all of the blame on PG.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 21:41

SCs players got into the playoffs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 21:53

Quote:

bannerpar, Sat 02 Oct 20:50

Dow did his cruciate in February and we struggled for form when we lost him. Very harsh to criticise his performances when he was out with a serious injury.

Wighton had one of the best strike rates in the league from joining us until the end of the season (averaged a goal every 137 minutes - 6 goals in his 9 starts) and O’Hara finished the season with 4 goals in the last 8 games, which is pretty decent. Are you really trying to suggest they were performing poorly?

Thomas was poor though, I agree. But your other examples are truly terrible, for the point you seem to be trying to make.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 21:54

Quote:

Berry, Sat 2 Oct 21:41

SCs players got into the playoffs.

Yes I agree but that was last season. For me its about players playing as a team. That seems to be missing. Watching the game today it was like they were playing together for the first time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:05

I`m sure we went something like 13 games without a win not long after Crawford took charge-can`t see Grant getting the chance to emulate that though.We are almost 25% of the way to doing a Brechin.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:14

Your original post alluded that SC is in some part to blame because PG took over his players.

I disagree, he got those same players into the playoffs where anything could’ve happened. I don’t think that much needed fixed either, we all thought we had a pretty good squad thanks to Craws recruitment and we felt just a bit more managerial experience and a couple of new players to fill the voids would have progressed us this season.

I was hoping to sit here and say the opposite to you that SC helped the man he replaced to be up there challenging by assembling a competitive squad rather than putting the blame on him.

He set very solid foundations to build upon and it’s been ruined, primarily by the boards shoddy recruitment strategy allowing someone like PG a shot at the gig when he hasn’t got many achievements as manager to his name and was arrogant enough to think otherwise and that he was better than the rest.

I refuse to believe there weren’t better candidates than PG for the role, I would be absolutely baffled if that was the case.

I would much rather have kept Crawford, it would’ve been interesting to see how he progressed with the team this season, the Board had no plans to sack him.

By no way was there a guarantee that Crawford would’ve been successful, but what I can say is he would be doing a hell of a lot better than PG has.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:19

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 02 Oct 22:05

I`m sure we went something like 13 games without a win not long after Crawford took charge-can`t see Grant getting the chance to emulate that though.We are almost 25% of the way to doing a Brechin.

That’s a bit extreme. We’re 8 games into the season and have already matched Brechin’s overall points total. We are on track for relegation to be sealed very, but not a Brechin.

You’re correct regarding Crawford - failed to win in last 8 games of his first season and first 5 of the next. I’d imagine the 5 game winning run early on in his spell, plus the decent league cup performances (winning away to St Mirren and drawing at Celtic Park) helped cover up for some of those cracks. The 5-0 at Ibrox just makes Grant’s record look even worse and we performed very poorly away to St Mirren this season too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:30

Yeah it was tongue in cheek-at least I hope it was.

We have just continued from where we left off from last season-Grant has been unable to turn it around and his signings have been poor. Treating the league cup like pre-season was perhaps a necessity but it hasn`t helped us either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:52

Pybus, dorrans and Dom Thomas in central midfield…..what could go wrong!

This is on grant, first opportunity to sign full time players and it went to his head.

This was a very expensive mistake than we’ll be paying for until the end of next season.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:03

What I am struggling with is if you are a professional player you would maintain an effort and level of performance irrespective of anything else. Given we have nose dived from last season, where do the issues lie. Individually we have good players, but its about more than that. For one reason or another we are not performing as a team. I think the issue is greater than PG. We scraped into the playoffs last season and struggled in AJs last season. As they say yesterdays solutions are todays problems so this goes back to the days of the club going into administration. From then, the club had been generally taking small steps forward but now we are starting to go backwards. I always want to support the manager. SC was thrust into the job and did well in my view. He left for his own reasons and PG took over under a similar set of circumstances. Unplanned departures and reshuffling is unsettling. The heads are down for sure. After QOS scored you could see the look of inevitability on the players faces. QOS gave them the run around for most of the game and there was no belief in any way back. Something is wrong at the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:12

After listening to PGs post match interview, his tone was very subdued. His cheap bulls**t from previous match interviews has always been upbeat, not today. I think he`s ready to accept his downfall.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:25

Take your point, struggling with the professional player bit to a degree.

Yes they are, but this is Championship Scottish football, equivalent to the quality of league 2, arguably lower down in England, you’re not going to get the same level of professionalism than at some of the bigger clubs unfortunately, not across a squad anyway.

Even if they are the upmost professional, our younger kids wanting to push on and make a career of themselves, be the next Robertson, McTominay, if you are working for a manager that you don’t respect, who had been playing you out of position, i can imagine the frustration, the sense of being held back from progression, can understand why that would annoy them and why would they wouldn’t want to perform for him. Purely conjecture on my part ofcourse but it’s not as easy to say they should just be professional at all times.

If you work for someone you look up to, you’ll give 100%, if you don’t take to the person you’d give less, happens in any job whether it’s intentional or not.

Post Edited (Sat 02 Oct 23:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 00:27

Players have chucked it. Definitely has the same vibes as the Kenny era. Nobody wins in this situation. Grant was poor a terrible appointment by the bod and the players have chucked it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 06:34

If it’s true that the players have simply chucked it then they can get tae fhuuck as well. What an absolute shower of ersewipes. An embarrassment to our town and club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 07:07

I don`t think there has been a lack of effort, there is no benefit to the players of doing this. We`ve seen many of them struggle with the formations and tactics, some are simply lacking in quality and all of them now lack confidence. The players look hesitant because of a lack of confidence.

Perhaps the effort may have dropped towards the end of games when we were losing by 2 or 3 goals, as it will feel obvious to the players that the role they have been asked to do in the team is not working. Similarly in these situations if you are getting abuse from your own fans, that`s hardly going to add to most people`s motivation.

It`s clearly time for a change, for everyone`s benefit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 07:47

Ironically the poorest performers who have ‘chucked it’ also appear to be mostly the ones he signed!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 08:37

When I watch this team just seeming to go through the motions , can't help but think of some of the midfielders we've punted quite recently .
Guy's like Higgenbotham or Falkingham , players who would have run through brick walls for the Pars .
How we could do with one or two players like that now .
Completely agree that PG has to go , but some of the players in that side need to take a long hard look at themselves as well .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foxypar  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:35

I agree with you saying about Higgy & Falkingham. They had passion about them and believed they could win the game. Yes Higgy had his issues towards the end, and there are many other players who we have had that would fit the bill.
Right now we watch a team who have lost confidence, having arguments with supporters, having arguments with the manager, and not giving their all. It is so frustrating yet sad to watch every single week. Knowing that this club could be achieving so much more yet they are in the hands of what would appear to be people who have very little ambition about them.

FP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:46

The people in charge have just taken over. Bit early to proclaim they've no ambition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:06

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 12:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:36

I wish we would sign Higgy again, if only to see a certain posters head explode

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 3 Oct 12:36

I wish we would sign Higgy again, if only to see a certain posters head explode

Me too!
Higgy seems to be quite an emotional character. At times he would definitely run through walls, probably more for his team mates than the fans I'd imagine. Unfortunately there were other times where he found things difficult and he seemed to struggle to cope. Personally I liked him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:53

Higgy was a good player for us mostly, but his time had come to move on when he did.

Some player when he first signed though, had a fantastic number of assists I'm sure?

Edit: Was it Higgy that missed two penalties in a minute?

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 13:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:22

Yes and still got man of the match iirc.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 20:24

I agree with PG and AJs comments after the game. QOS had most of the game and did most of the pressing. We created very little and won very little in the air. The defence was always struggling to play the ball out of defence. We created nothing up front. Kennedy tried hard to create something and had a half chance. Our forward line was generally very static and were easily marshalled by the QOS back four who pretty much strolled the game. Josh Debayo looks a player for QOS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:18

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 3 Oct 06:34

If it’s true that the players have simply chucked it then they can get tae fhuuck as well. What an absolute shower of ersewipes. An embarrassment to our town and club.

The team did not chuck it, we had just missed scoring from a well made opportunity then Queens broke up the park and did score. The simple fact is that we are simply not good enough and offer minimal threat up front. Wighton as a forward is a non event other than Kennedy we offer nothing. The first half was dire stuff from both teams on Sat, we did improve in the second but as per my comments on Wighton never really looked like scoring. One of the guys just along from me summed up saying "a dire game played by two bad teams"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net