DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ross McArthur
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 21:52

Here is a guy who has done a great job since we nearly went under.
I won't ever have a bad word to say about him as a man or a chairman and any Pars fan should really agree with that.

. I'm sure you're waiting for a "but" though and here it comes.

The appointment of Peter Grant beggars belief.
Grant himself appointed himself as our saviour just by his interviews before the season even started.

Talks of winning the league,
His bollox about players playing for the badge to get fans onside.

I said it from the outset.

Talk is cheap!

It was cheap at Alloa and even more so at Dunfermline.

I'm really sorry Ross was taken in by his bullsh*t rhetoric.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:26

People can`t go on about how great a businessman/chairman Ross McArthur is one minute, then say he was fooled by Peter Grant the next because of his ability to waffle. Appointing Grant was an idiotic move AND he never even applied for the job. Personally I don`t think McArthur has done a great job (but that`s just what I think). I would hope he moves on with Grant. I`m fed up hearing him say about how promising the future is for the club yet there is no evidence of this. The final bug bear for me is his constant need to bring up the need for fans to keep contributing to the lifeline. The fans do so much for the club and shouldn`t need reminding about contributing more than they have to, especially when idiotic decisions like this are made.

For a chairman who is a Dunfermline supporter through and though, I never thought he would let the club feel so distant from the fans. Grant was under immense pressure from the off. He had to hit the ground running but he`s started so much worse than even I feared he would.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FritzThePar  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:37

Nail hit firmly on the head there Ross.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:40

Ross McCarthur’s role in saving the club was vital and every fan appreciates it. The decision making under his tenure of chairman has been nothing short of awful. He has to step down i’m afraid. All the fans wanted was a thorough and right interview process after failing to do so previously. He decided to ignore the 60+ applicants and appoint a guy who had just been relegated from the championship with a horrid managerial record, who didn’t even apply for the job. Actions have consequences. I know people will say he’s a lovely guy and a Pars fan but that’s not enough to ignore his shortcomings as chairman of this club. Grant out, McCarthur out. Simple as that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:49

And, do you think the decision to sign PG was a sole decision by Ross McArthur. ?
As a matter of interest, who would you replace him with?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:53

Quote:

steaua, Sat 02 Oct 22:49

And, do you think the decision to sign PG was a sole decision by Ross McArthur. ?
As a matter of interest, who would you replace him with?

Who said it was solely his decision? As chairman, he has to accept responsibility for major decisions like that. Indeed, he did that when he did his interview bragging about ignoring 80 applicants, to headhunt the clown who didn’t even apply for the job.

As for who to replace him with. I don’t know. But I also didn’t take on the responsibility of running a football club. He did and, if he isn’t capable of improving us or getting footballing decisions right, he should step down. Simple as that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 22:55

……..who appointed PG?

Was it the BoD or was it the German owners?

That’s never been answered. I was under the impression that the Germans were impressed with PG after seeing the Pars win 4-1 under Crawfords tenure.

Germans have been a bit quiet lately.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:03

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 02 Oct 22:55

……..who appointed PG?

Was it the BoD or was it the German owners?

That’s never been answered. I was under the impression that the Germans were impressed with PG after seeing the Pars win 4-1 under Crawfords tenure.

Germans have been a bit quiet lately.

The Germans are on the BoD, so would have been involved in the decision. If the BoD make a decision/appointment, then they have had a say. They joined the board last year, when they made their initial investment. From Grant’s interviews, his main dealings/interview(s) were with McArthur and Meggle. He seemed to say both of them were a big reason for him joining and talks about regularly talking to them now.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:04

The fact that he`s the chairman and the Germans did not have majority control at the time absolutely means he`s the one to blame steaua. Meggle most likely had an input but the decision came down to Ross. I`m sure he stated in an interview that they were close to appointing someone else but his gut feeling went against it at the last minute.

I would have chosen Yogi or Petrie and still would. Two managers who actually know what it`s like to achieve success at football clubs. Grant has never achieved success as a manager and relegated his last club which makes the decision to appoint him all the more baffling. As much as I would have preferred the two I stated, there are quite a lot of managers I can name before I`d come close to thinking about Grant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:08

I think Marv meant who would you replace RM with RossF

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:16

Ah, apologies! Well that is a difficult question. Truth be told, I don`t know, just like I wouldn`t have known who to pick when the club nearly went to the wall after Yorkston`s tenure. I would like someone with a good knowledge of Scottish football and not just someone successful in business. Also, someone who carries out a proper interview process! I`d imagine that will be voted on by the board. It`s not like a managerial change where there are odds on who will take it and knowledge of who`s available for the job or not...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Oct 23:31

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 2 Oct 23:08

I think Marv meant who would you replace RM with RossF

That was pretty obvious to all. Then again, reading what he just wrote, I kinda get it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 07:00

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sat 02 Oct 22:40

Ross McCarthur’s role in saving the club was vital and every fan appreciates it. The decision making under his tenure of chairman has been nothing short of awful. He has to step down i’m afraid. All the fans wanted was a thorough and right interview process after failing to do so previously. He decided to ignore the 60+ applicants and appoint a guy who had just been relegated from the championship with a horrid managerial record, who didn’t even apply for the job. Actions have consequences. I know people will say he’s a lovely guy and a Pars fan but that’s not enough to ignore his shortcomings as chairman of this club. Grant out, McCarthur out. Simple as that.

Absolutely spot on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 08:19

I remember the Yorkston era well, particularly the bit where I bumped into him in Vegas when the club was hitting the wall…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 08:40

I would say it is time to move on from the save the Pars era and thank everyone involved but look for people who can progress the club.

I hope the Germans have the money and contacts to enable us to do this, otherwise why are they here.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 08:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 08:59

Rather than blaming it on "The Germans" (they do have names...) or McArthur, why not acknowledge it was a BOARD decision.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:11

Quote:

jake89, Sun 03 Oct 08:59

Rather than blaming it on "The Germans" (they do have names...) or McArthur, why not acknowledge it was a BOARD decision.

Get rid of the whole board then.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:12

Quote:

jake89, Sun 03 Oct 08:59

The nature of pretty much any business is that the ‘top dog’ takes the brunt of the criticism when poor decisions are made. I think most people are blaming the board, not just McArthur in particular. As chairman, Ross McArthur represents the board and is seen as the main figure. He would have been aware of this before accepting the role of chairman.

It is Ross that puts his name on club statements and does interviews for the fans - including the one where he bragged about ignoring 80 applicants to headhunt Grant. I think that’s a large part of the reason that he is the one receiving this criticism.

When large corporations are in trouble, it is always the chairperson/CEOs that are being criticised and resignations are demanded by the press. It would be naive to expect a football club/their fans to not name/blame the chairman for the club stalling/going backwards under their stewardship. However, I do agree this is an issue of the whole board (including Meggle, Keretic and Teller - even though the club haven’t even bothered to update the website, to add them to our list of directors!). However, the chairman knew what he was taking on, when he moved into that role.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:16

"Get rid of the whole board then".........and replace them with ..."WHO". I would be interested in who fans think we should replace them with.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:16

I don’t think you can criticise too much Meggle & co. for the appointment of Grant.

Hardly had their feet in the door, doubt they handpicked and started scouting PG out. He’ll have been highly recommended by the existing board and it would’ve been difficult for Meggle etc to say no.

Next appointment is absolutely crucial, it has to be the right one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:18

Quote:

RossF, Sat 2 Oct 23:16

Ah, apologies! Well that is a difficult question. Truth be told, I don`t know, just like I wouldn`t have known who to pick when the club nearly went to the wall after Yorkston`s tenure. I would like someone with a good knowledge of Scottish football and not just someone successful in business. Also, someone who carries out a proper interview process! I`d imagine that will be voted on by the board. It`s not like a managerial change where there are odds on who will take it and knowledge of who`s available for the job or not...

Yeh, and someone who does it all for free.... like Ross does.

Nobody is happy with Grant, but the witch hunt on someone like Ross who has done so much behind the scenes to not only save the club but steady the ship and push us forward is pathetic.

Anyone with an ounce of understanding of business knows that to sack Grant, the 71% majority shareholders would have to sign off on the cost, regardless of who the chairman is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:24

Quote:

steaua, Sun 03 Oct 09:16

"Get rid of the whole board then".........and replace them with ..."WHO". I would be interested in who fans think we should replace them with.

How am I meant to know that, like the manager himself, have no idea who would replace him because I’m not clear on a) who’s available and b) who wants it.

I don’t think it’s right simply sticking with the same set up when it’s not working over fears of them not being able to be replaced as everyone is replaceable.

My initial comment was intended to be flippant, people are wanting RM out, folk arguing it was the boards decision, then if that’s the case surely everyone wants the board out, or was it RM who was pushing for his appointment, I don’t know.

The club previously has had this feeling of a boys club, all mates and favours which is why i was glad when our German fellows were interested, chance to change and I hope we do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:34

`That was pretty obvious to all. Then again, reading what he just wrote, I kinda get it.`

What`s the supposed to mean Parrot? Made a mistake and read the post wrong (it happens) and gave my honest reply to the original question.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 09:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:35

Thank you Roger Daltrey. To try to make Ross McArthur the scapegoat by some fans is beyond the pale. I HAVE WORKED AT THE DONATION SHOP now for a long time and I can assure you anything I ask Ross McArthur about things I can do re the fans connected to the Hub, he has been more than supportive.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:38

Roger, we get it, he’s been doing it on a voluntary basis, we’ve praised him on that on a number of occasions, at what point are we able to make an assessment on his performance and god forbid be a bit critical from that point onward?

RM said himself he doesn’t want to outstay his welcome, what he did for the club was phenomenal but so did the board, so did our fans, it was a group effort was it not.

He’s steadied the ship and I for one will be eternally grateful to him for it…but that doesn’t mean he’s the right guy going forward.

After getting us financially stable, he’s pushing hard for us fans to donate to lifeline, all this fundraising that we’ve been doing, season tickets, quite rightly to, but you can surely imagine the fans frustration when the money goes towards the appointment of PG, the money spent on his signings, some we’re now stuck with for longer than this season, an appointment which mustn’t have gone through full due diligence. After getting our club back to appoint a manager the way we have done in Craw and PG has been a right kick in the teeth.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:44

I would like to add, do we all know first hand what is actually happening behind closed doors, or is there someone posting with half knowledge. Let`s not forget we are in a massive transition. I can understand the disappointment of the way the season is going, I am disappointed myself , however, please do not set a blame game against one person.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 09:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 09:57

You`re right.

It`s also the managers fault.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:00

Knowing him Steaua will completely put the blockers up on anything negative said about him, which is understandable. The last three major managerial decisions have been very costly to us moving forward as a club. As others state, he came in steadied the ship and by all accounts hasn`t take a single penny. As berry stated, it`s frustrating seeing the club make managerial decisions that are unpopular when the request is always there to keep donating to the lifeline. There are clubs much less resources than us that are constantly finishing above us and outplaying us each week. What are all these other clubs doing that we are not?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:02

Quote:

RossF, Sun 3 Oct 10:00

Knowing him Steaua will completely put the blockers up on anything negative said about him, which is understandable. The last three major managerial decisions have been very costly to us moving forward as a club. As others state, he came in steadied the ship and by all accounts hasn`t take a single penny. As berry stated, it`s frustrating seeing the club make managerial decisions that are unpopular when the request is always there to keep donating to the lifeline. There are clubs much less resources than us that are constantly finishing above us and outplaying us each week. What are all these other clubs doing that we are not?

Interviewing candidates.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:04

Calls to sack the entire board are so daft that it's laughable. What business would sack everyone on the board at the same time? Who would then know how to run the club and provide some understanding and stability during a period of transition? Clearly no idea of business acumen in some of these posts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:05

As I said… I was being flippant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:05

Don`t think anyone on here will say a bad word about what Ross has done to save the club and steady the ship .
Unfortunately coming out and saying how he ignored over 80 applications for the job and headhunted his man is and was a bit stupid , as chairman he has to take responsibility.
As for Meggal and Co, for me the Dury is still out on them . We have heard much but seen so little since there arrival ,except PG.
They themselves need to stand up and take control of the club ,it`s them that own it after all.
For me the club are at a crossroad , do we keep looking over our shoulders with the fear of going to the wall or do we jump on the Meggal and Co bus and start going forward. To do this things need to change and in my opinion it starts at BOD level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:12

Fair play to McArthur for stepping up when it mattered to help the club out. However his role as Chairman has been a howler. Sitting grinning from ear-to-ear and boasting that Grant never even applied for the job is unbelievable. He needs to leave along with Grant. Get the pair of them away from the club. He's turned the Pars into a circus.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:24

Unfortunately there will be no quick fix to our issues, even with a new manager, although we still need one. Many things will take a while to sort. The medium term remains very positive if/when the promises of a training ground and a youth academy happen, but the short term will remain a little painful I fear. Its during this period that us fans need to be 'supporters'

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 10:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:28

Well, we don`t have a game this coming Saturday, so gives a wee bit space for something to be resolved.

COYP.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:38

Ross McArthur has done, and will continue to do a fantastic job as Chairman. Including puting shjtloads more money and time into the club than most of you lot combined.
He, along with others made a mistake appointing Grant.
Whether or not they made a mistake with AJ is very much a matter of opinion.
The appointment of Crawford was the right choice at the time, for obvious financial reasons.....and he achieved his target.
To suggest he should resign due to this one mistake is laughable. Its pathetic and it shows the utter ignorance of those suggesting it.

He should continue doing a gteat job as chairman focussing on his strengths but maybe leave picking managers to someone more qualified to do so.

Nothing like dotnutters going way over the top.

Now enjoy yer meltdown and namecalling.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 10:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 10:49

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sun 3 Oct 09:18

Quote:

RossF, Sat 2 Oct 23:16

Yeh, and someone who does it all for free.... like Ross does.

Here's the thing, and I'm willing to be called crazy, but I'd rather have a smaller player budget if it meant we paid the chairman and they in turn done a competent job.

Because at the moment it's utterly pointless if a man works for free then does an awful job, I personally would play for Dunfermline for free but we pay players for that because I quite frankly, am not good enough.

To say McArthur has only made one mistake is head in the sand stuff, our attendances don't plummit to these depths over one mistake, It's negligence over a period of years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:10

PARrot , it`s a free world .we can voice our opinions just like yourself. It is a forum after all.
The name calling we can do without .
If someone thinks it`s time for the chairman to step aside, so be it .
If someone thinks he should stay , so be it .
We all have the right to free speech.
I myself would like to thank the chairman for what he`s done and the money he`s put in along with a lot of fans .
But it`s time for him to step aside and let someone else whoever that may be , have a go
My opinion...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:14

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 3 Oct 10:38

Ross McArthur has done, and will continue to do a fantastic job as Chairman. Including puting shjtloads more money and time into the club than most of you lot combined.
The appointment of Crawford was the right choice at the time, for obvious financial reasons.....and he achieved his target.
To suggest he should resign due to this one mistake is laughable. Its pathetic and it shows the utter ignorance of those suggesting it.

He should continue doing a gteat job as chairman focussing on his strengths but maybe leave picking managers to someone more qualified to do so.

Good preview of next month's newsletter from the Ross McArthur Fan Club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:19

I loved the ‘most of you lot’, really nice touch PARrot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:25

The club has had to come from a long way back. Credit to the BoD for their efforts keeping the club afloat. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Its easy to be wise in hindsight, however I believe that the BoD have always tried to act in the best interests of the club. They have invested time and money so why wouldn't they
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:50

I do laugh at your attitude on a forum towards people who have a different view from you Parrot. You`re one of the worst for insults and condescending remarks. It`s pretty sad. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has the right to disagree.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:41

Think your own question has been answered here, if we are in a huge transition whereby RM and the other `save the pars` lot have been largely remunerated by our new owners then it becomes a question of what is the purpose of RM`s role if he is unable to look after the football club appropriately. Appointing Grant, Crawford and AJs 2 year deal are all on him and the board. If we are a community club then why are the masses of voices being ignored? Nobody wanted a 2 year deal for AJ after limping to 4th and bottling the playoffs, everybody wanted a proper interview process before promoting a guy from the inside (the cheap option) and again when he left we wanted a proper interview process to find the right fit to take us past the playoffs and get us up. So the board and RM ignore the 60+ applicants (but decide to brag about that) and pick the guy who just got relegated from the same league who is arrogant, takes no responsibility and comes with a reputation for forcing players to do it his way or no way. None of this is a personal attack on Ross McCarthur who is an extension of the board (literally the job description of a Chairman), but there has to be change to take us forward. In management, and board structure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:44

oh and by the way, the story about Thomas Meggle watching the Alloa game in which he was `impressed` by the way they LOST 4-1 is absolute grade A nonsense. I would go as far as to say it`s a bare faced lie. Germans hadn`t even been in the country at that point so are you telling me he paid £12 to watch Alloa TV on a Saturday? No, no he didn`t. It was RM`s idea to go after Grant backed by the board and the Germans must have been sold on the promise of the style of play. In reality, teams don`t get relegated playing great football. Alloa were a poor team and the table showed it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:57

The story going round hospitality was that Mcarthur and Braisby were convinced by the Alloa Chairman that Grant was the best manager he`d ever had. Better than Jack Ross, better than Goodwin. That enough sold them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:02

RossDAFC…….

Can’t agree.

If RM & the BoD had predetermined that PG was their man why go through the process of interviewing & sifting through the 60 cv’s they were sent - seems like a waste of time. Also if RM & the BoD wanted to stay in position making up stories about the owners actions would not be the best way of going about it.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:04

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 3 Oct 10:38

I said something similar last week in post Ross and the rest of the board have done a great job when it comes to the club as a business this is where a Director of football should be appointed to take the responsibility off the board to focus on the off the pitch side of the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:10

Ross DAFC,

There was a press conference in July where Thomas Meggle confirmed he had seen the 4-1 game against Alloa and was impressed by Alloa`s structiure. He also confirmed he had approved of PG`s appointment as manager. It`s still available on COWS but they don`t allow copying otherwise I`d post it on here. So, I wonder what your justification is for saying it was a bare-faced lie?

It also calls into question some of the other claims you make:-

1 that RM and the `other save the Pars` lot have been remunerated by the new German investors.
2 that NOBODY wanted a 2-year deal for AJ
3 that EVERYBODY wanted an interview process for his successor.

Aren`t you being a wee bit economical with the truth?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:41

I'd say you are being kind with your description of his last post Eck. At the very least numbers 2 and 3 are BARE FACED LIES.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 13:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:42

All the good work he did has been made redundant by terrible decisions this season. He has made mistake after mistake with management and this season is the final straw. We need to get past this idea because we were up against it in 2013 that we should be thankful we have a club. So many teams our level or lower have gone on to do good things in the top flight or in cup competitions since then. We have been a failure of a club.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:59

Angus - they didn`t interview anyone that is the point. They picked a guy that didn`t apply.

Wee Eck - yes I know Meggle did say that, i`m asking does anyone believe he paid to watch Alloa TV from Germany and was impressed by the 4-1 loss? Because the answer is no he absolutely did not no matter what he claimed.

And to answer your points - 1. Yes they have as the first 30% investment paid back loans from these benefactors with the following 45.1% buying out almost all of their equity holdings.

2 and 3. If you can find me any fans that wanted a 2 year deal for AJ after the style of football that season and any fans that don`t want a proper interview process when a new manager is being appointed then please let me know. Cheers for trying to pick holes over nothing and avoid the actual points being made though bud

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:03

You don't think that prospective owners of a football club gained access to play backs of first team fixtures? Are you genuinely saying you think, for absolutely no gain, that they're lying about this? Mind boggling.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:08

I`m saying this was an idea spawned from RM and the board, that they`ve discussed with Meggle and that he has potentially been shown some footage from part of that game to try and prove a point. He has in no way watched that 4-1 game and formed the thoughts that Peter Grants team plays good football despite the result as he eluded to in the `statement`. The appointment absolutely reeked from the start and has played out exactly how most people who know Scottish football knew it would.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:10

I doubt they are lying and I think they signed off on it but it would be 90% the previous owners decision. There is no way they headhunted Peter Grant.

The new owners couldn't say we had nothing to do with it as they would have completely undermined the manager from the moment they said it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:14

Right so then we circle back to who is to blame which was the whole point of all of this. Plenty of people saying RM is being scapegoated. RM is an extension of the board, he has been elected by them to act on their behalf. Therefore there have been multiple failings from this board without the structure changing. They cannot be allowed to continue making bad decisions and with them not actually owning the club wholly anymore there is little need for the current structure either. The German investors need to commit their time and come take responsibility and get the club running how they want it done.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:17

I find it bizarre to think that we won one away game all season last season.

And it was that game that impressed our chairman?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:19

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sun 3 Oct 13:59

And to answer your points - 1. Yes they have as the first 30% investment paid back loans from these benefactors with the following 45.1% buying out almost all of their equity holdings.

So what you're saying is that 75.1% ownership of DAFC Ltd has been transferred with no new money at all coming into the club, and that all the German money went to the Board members and other investors?

I find that hard to believe, unless everyone involved is a bare-faced liar and con-artist, which is what your assertion would mean if it were correct.

You can find this statement on the club's official website at https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Fussball_GmbH_to_take_control_of_DAFC&ID=13227

Board Director of DAFC and DAFC Fussball GmbH, Nicholas Teller stated “by agreeing early to exercise the option we are recognising the need for our Club to have financial certainty in these uncertain times in order to make essential investments into the future of our Club. It is important to note that the increase in the stake will take place by way of an increase in share capital meaning that close to all of the proceeds will go to the Club and no one other than DAFC itself will be receiving any of the funds”.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 14:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:23

The question was about the save the pars group being remunerated which in large they have been. I understand some retain minority shareholdings as do Pars United (could be wrong) to make up the rest of the shareholdings. Paying off loans to benefactors is injecting capital into the club as it reduces debt and provides equity. The second round of investment would have injected some playing capital no doubt to support the playing budget, and I never said it didn`t.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:30

Posted from the Android app Topic Originator: Grant
Date: Sun 3 Oct 14:17

I find it bizarre to think that we won one away game all season last season.

And it was that game that impressed our chairman?

Very Good

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:30

Your consortium buy 30% of a football club, with the intention of buying another 45.1%. You are going to be the Sporting Director, responsible for footballing maters. You don`t bother watching matches - especially not the 2nd league game of the season.

Seems plausible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:32

How can you debate with someone who simply doesn`t accept that what someone said in a Press conference was the truth because it doesn`t fit with his version of events?

On the finance points, repaying a loan isn`t `remuneration` it`s simply repaying a debt. Any accountant will tell you that. And the German investors were issued with new share as I understand it, so that all proceeds would go to the club. All existing shareholders continue to hold their shares.

Asking me to find a couple of fans who hold different views from you smacks of desperation. I, for one, didn`t feel that strongly about either decision and I`d be surprised if I was the only one.

Why make such sweeping statements in the first place? The fact that you think I`m picking holes over nothing says it all. It just confirms my view not to take anything on here at face value. Some people just make things up to support their point of view.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:39

Repaid the loans with the first investment, bought out equity holdings in the second round. Actually read what I said please, might help you out.

They`re not sweeping statements, and i`ve asked you to prove me wrong which you can`t.

Even if the Meggle statement is my opinion the idea of that sparking PG to be the manager is factually not correct and was 100% the board and RM. Therefore, they must take responsibility. They must pay with their positions as this is another bad footballing decision in a large string of them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:45

Some of these "bad decisions" weren't bad ones. They were decisions made based on what money the club had available to it.

PG is different. Fresh investment yet we go with an incredibly arrogant individual who didn't even apply! For that reason, McArthur needs to reconsider his role. However, he didn't act alone.

In terms of day to day running, I'm sure there's more we could be doing to "sell" the club and increase incomes too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:46

RossDAFC

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but I just don't think it's correct.

My understanding is that Pars United CIC owned 96.4% or thereabouts of the share capital of DAFC Ltd. DAFC Fußball GmbH (DFG) invested an undisclosed amount of new money to increase the share capital of DAFC Ltd, which gave DFG a controlling ownership of 75.1%. This had the effect of reducing PUCIC's ownership to a minority of about 24%, but did not involve a buyout of PUCIC's equity.

I am personally a VERY, VERY small shareholder in PUCIC, and I know that none of the DFG money has come my way, so I would be extremely surprised if any other shareholder got any of it. Note that the largest single shareholder in PUCIC is the Pars Supporters Trust, with other supporters clubs also holding shares, and AFAIK they have not enjoyed a windfall either.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:46

Ross DAFC, I am sure that we all understand that you are passionate about the Club, but if i could intrude some facts:

1. The German 30% holding was announced on 1 September 2020, and the Alloa game to which you refer was on 24 October 2020. In fact the potential investment had been underway for a considerable number of months before September. I am aware that the Germans have been pretty much constant viewers of Dunfermline games (home and away) since before their investment was made and some of them indeed visited the Club prior to lock-down in March 2020. I think you owe Thomas Meggle an apology. If he said he watched the game from Hamburg then I am very certain he watched the game from Hamburg.

2. You need to go back and re-read the announcements concerning the two stages of German investment. You clearly do not understand the corporate structure of the Club before or after the investments.

Nobody`s investments have been sold. All that has happened is that the Germans have taken new equity in the Club. There has been no disposal of shares by any director. All director holdings were in Pars United CIC and not DAFC Ltd in any event. The Germans did not buy the Board`s shares as you appear to think: the Germans received new shares in DAFC Ltd for cash. The Directors continue to hold exactly the same amount of shares as previously, and in any event those shares are not in DAFC Ltd but in Pars United CIC. As a matter of interest: the DAFC Board holds considerably less than 50% of the shares in Pars United CIC.

The loans made by some of the Board were not re-paid out of the German investments. Indeed to the best of my knowledge they are still in existence today. No doubt they will be re-paid at some point in the future.

I think you owe the Board an apology.

Stanza is quite correct. Like him I hold shares in Pars United CIC and I haven`t had a whiff of cash and nor will I because that is not the transaction that happened.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 15:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:47

They didn`t `buy out` existing shareholders, they were issued with new shares.

You said something was a `bare-faced lie` and now you`re backing down from that but it doesn`t matter because it`s big bad Ross McArthur`s fault anyway. You should try politics.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 15:20

I owe nobody an apology, I will never believe Thomas Meggle watched and was impressed by Peter Grant`s Alloa in a 4-1 losing effort.

If I am off with the corporate structure then I can accept that but I understood it as the Germans has acquired their stake rather than dilluted the existing shareholdings. If you are both investors that say otherwise I cannot argue with that. The point still stands that as majority shareholders and owners of the club there is no need for the current structure that is in place and is failing time and time again.

As for owing the board an apology, good luck with that one. Only people owed an apology are the fans for another horrid footballing decision.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 15:29

I'd hope Meggle did watch the Alloa game, as well as every game we play. They've went through allot of trouble to buy the club, I'd imagine they'd want to see the fruits of there labour's on a Saturday.

Again though, I find it baffling that out of all the away games, and games in general last year they found Alloa impressive? They were the only side we won away at, and the home game was a prime example of a Grant side having no idea what to do when they went behind.

Make no mistake about it, it's an utterly baffling decision. If there's not a resignation there should be at the very least a very, very big apology from McArthur.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 15:38

I expect that Meggle did watch the Alloa game in question. I would think, after coming to the football club, that he'd watch all of the Pars matches.

If he was impressed by Alloa, so much so that he thought Grant would be a good manager for the Pars, then he can't be trusted to appoint a suitable successor to Grant.

As has been said before, it was an absolute howler of a decision to appoint Grant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 15:57

Quote:

Berry, Sun 3 Oct 11:19

I loved the ‘most of you lot’, really nice touch PARrot.

Apologies Berry, quite right. Should have said us.

A director of football is what is required.

So long as Ross doesn't pick him. 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 16:59

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sun 3 Oct 15:20

The point still stands that as majority shareholders and owners of the club there is no need for the current structure that is in place and is failing time and time again.

You're right, as majority shareholders DFG will be able to remove and appoint new directors, subject to whatever processes are set out in the Articles of Association of DAFC Ltd. But that's the easy bit, believe me.

Once they get rid of the current directors DFG would need to find and pay for someone to do the practical day-to-day work the current directors do for nothing. Effectively DFG would need to recruit a Managing Director plus senior qualified people to manage Finance & Budgets, Estate & Planning, Legal & Secretarial, Hospitality, Marketing & Sponsorship, Personnel etc. Even if some of those posts are part-time or combined it would probably cost several hundred thousand pounds a year. (And if the recruitment goes wrong there would be severance payments.)

I'm sure the current BoD won't want to go on for many more years, and perhaps a case can in future be made that paying for managers is an investment worth making, but I'm not surprised that the new owners don't seem in a hurry to change things.

Anyway, I'm glad you now accept that Ross and the other investors have not benefited financially from the DFG investment, and that whatever mistakes the BoD have made were not motivated by personal or business gain.

My concern, and the reason I posted, is that statements such as you made have a habit of sticking in people's minds, long after the true state of affairs has been explained.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 17:31

The problem right is the recruitment process on the last two managers.

I’ve not said three, that’ll be because I was ok with AJ being offered a 2yr contract, he had a proven record with QOTS, we made it to the playoffs and how we didn’t knock out Dundee Utd at Tannadice…will never know, that McManus miss still haunts me. We played excellent that night and had we got through we would have had an excellent chance of going up.

In hindsight didn’t prove to be the right decision but I was ok with it.

The last two managers in Craw and Grant, it’s just the way they came about. We’d just lost AJ and Crawford was basically handed it on a plate, a Pars boy yes but with no managerial pedigree other than a dodgy term with East Fife, not the calibre of personnel we should’ve been looking at during that period regardless of money situation.

Crawford surprisingly did better than I thought he would’ve but was the wrong appointment.

Ok we learnt from that experience didn’t we, much better financial position than we were back then, no excuses let’s go for it this season, got some decent investment in, Hamilton and Killie coming down, nothing to fear there, things are looking bright. We bring in Peter Grant, a manager again with little managerial pedigree who was relegated with Alloa, what’s worse a guy who had no initial interest in the job, eyeing up the Celtic gig with Eddie Howe I imagine, his CV blew folk out the water….

It truly was a massive own goal. Fans are quite right to be miffed off right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 18:50

The board really need to put us and Peter grant out of our misery. First we need to do a proper recruitment process after Grant is gone. I couldn`t care less if they are working behind the scenes. I want him and his negativity out of that dressing room which is where I believe the main issues are. My opinion is that the players are trying to play the way he wants but it is not working for them. They are struggling with it.

There needs to be a new focus of staying up for this season that`s all we can hope for, the axe needs to fall on him before the next league game I cannot watch another Opportunity disappear.

The board have done well for us since admin but they said themselves they took Dunfermline as far as they could without further investment. RM remains chairman because the new investors wanted him to remain. The board needs to ensure they do due diligence for our next manager or simply have fans lose all faith in them. We are facing the prospect of being sent down to the league we got sent to because of administration. They cannot let this happen as it sets us back year`s!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 19:06

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 19:21

Coaches usually lose their jobs because the manager who appointed them is sacked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 21:15

If you read the press release at the time RM was very much instrumental in bringing PG to the club with TM very much involved in the decision.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 22:00

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 3 Oct 16:59

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sun 3 Oct 15:20

The point still stands that as majority shareholders and owners of the club there is no need for the current structure that is in place and is failing time and time again.

You're right, as majority shareholders DFG will be able to remove and appoint new directors, subject to whatever processes are set out in the Articles of Association of DAFC Ltd. But that's the easy bit, believe me.

Once they get rid of the current directors DFG would need to find and pay for someone to do the practical day-to-day work the current directors do for nothing. Effectively DFG would need to recruit a Managing Director plus senior qualified people to manage Finance & Budgets, Estate & Planning, Legal & Secretarial, Hospitality, Marketing & Sponsorship, Personnel etc. Even if some of those posts are part-time or combined it would probably cost several hundred thousand pounds a year. (And if the recruitment goes wrong there would be severance payments.)

I'm sure the current BoD won't want to go on for many more years, and perhaps a case can in future be made that paying for managers is an investment worth making, but I'm not surprised that the new owners don't seem in a hurry to change things.

Anyway, I'm glad you now accept that Ross and the other investors have not benefited financially from the DFG investment, and that whatever mistakes the BoD have made were not motivated by personal or business gain.

My concern, and the reason I posted, is that statements such as you made have a habit of sticking in people's minds, long after the true state of affairs has been explained.

Wish I had your patience Stanza.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 22:13

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 23:56

The narrative that Ross Mcarthur is completely exempt from criticism purely because he helped save our club many years ago needs to stop. As stated above he is the chairman so has to accept responsibility for the truly baffling decision to appoint Peter Grant. Serious questions need to be asked about that entire process and even more questions need to be asked if Peter Grant isn’t sacked this week.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 08:08

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Sun 3 Oct 23:56

The narrative that Ross Mcarthur is completely exempt from criticism purely because he helped save our club many years ago needs to stop. As stated above he is the chairman so has to accept responsibility for the truly baffling decision to appoint Peter Grant. Serious questions need to be asked about that entire process and even more questions need to be asked if Peter Grant isn’t sacked this week.

There is no such narrative.
He himself would welcome constructive criticism.
I have no gripe with constructive criticism.

What pi55es some of us of is the posts that are misinformed, inaccurate, abusive nonsense.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 10:48

He is absolutely hopeless. Why do people keep thinking he’s done a ‘great’ job. We nearly went under…8 years ago!! Where are we now? IMO no further forward, rooted to the bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football, it’s not good enough for a club this size. And he’s a huge part of the problem, him and Grant need to gtf

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 11:07

When McArthur took over as chairman, we had just won League 1. Next season, we consolidated our place in the league. Season after that, we got into the playoffs - largely thanks to a very good start to the season and decent finish, but were poor for large parts in the middle. He rewarded the manager for this, with a 2 year deal.

Said manager was then sacked 6 months into this 2 year deal. Which kind of tells you that was a mistake. The recruitment in the summer of 2018 was horrendously bad, but that’s not really down to the chairman.

After that, Crawford’s appointment made sense. Certainly on a short term basis. However, the finish to the 2018-19 season was abysmal and we started the 2019-20 season similarly poorly. Then things took shape. The new club philosophy of recruiting younger players and progressing them was really taking shape, with Nisbet flying and players like Comrie and Turner also performing well.

Then we brought in Thomas (on loan, then permanently) and helped Edwards improve into the player he is now. Things looked fairly positive from that business perspective. At the end of last season, the priority had to be to bring in a manager to continue that work, whilst getting results.

Peter Grant has come in and undone all of that. He signed some younger players, but his main signings haven’t really been younger or better. Last week, we allowed him to bring in a 29 year old defender on loan, so that he didn’t have to play any of the younger players he signed. Have we scrapped the idea of signing younger players and helping them progress, or have we just brought in a manager who was not willing/able to do that? Regardless, it’s poor that the board have let him undo that work/progress we had made. There’s no reserve football this season, so the only way younger players will learn/progress is to play. The board sanctioned a signing last week, so that the manager didn’t have to play any of his younger defenders. How do you think that will affect the mentality of these players? Certainly won’t help them in any way. Personally, I’d like to know why the board have been happy to abandon this youth policy - particularly whilst we are apparently planning to launch an academy. How can we expect youngsters to want to come here, when we display that sort of attitude towards the younger players who were supposedly signed for the first team?

Results should then be more important than ever. The results and performances have been woeful (at best). But, that’s what most people who watched Alloa last season would have expected. The man wants to play the ‘right way’… but doesn’t seem to understand that results are important, as he was proven to be unable to win games at this level before coming here. It worries me that the board couldn’t see that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 11:34

Witch hunt, scapegoat, just read this thread folks. it is all there . An attempt to disrupt our club, some objectors are coming over as bitter fans instead of trying to help the situation by putting forward some positive suggestions instead of targeting one person. That does not look good to me. It is quite heart breaking to a lot of fans. I have been a supporter for 70 year and never before have I seen anything so bitter , even when Leish departed all those years ago.
A lot of people need to get a reality check before posting some of the tripe above. I am asking for the witch hunt , scapegoat posts to cool their jets and get more positive. It will be solved and without some of the posts we are seeing. Do you think I am enjoying watching the football we are seeing, I am not, please calm it down a bit there will be a solution.

Post Edited (Mon 04 Oct 11:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 11:39

Wise words from steaua.

All things pass.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 11:45

Well said, Stanza. That is the most accurate assessment of things that I have read to date.

The Germans would have known that a day such as this would come, but they probably anticipated not having to do something about it until further down the track. Little wonder that they were so happy to let Ross and the board continue.

They inherited a club with extremely low overheads on the administrative side. Few full-time clubs will be operating with such a high percentage of unpaid volunteers from the chairman down. And it has to be said, in terms of business acumen, this board has done a pretty good job given the limited financial resources.

Last year, I wrote a paper for the DAFC board proposing that the Pars launch a membership scheme to raise substantial funds to tide the club over what at the time looked like a critical revenue drought from the Covid closures. My proposal ultimately was rejected on the basis that it might undermine the Lifeline fund and eventually damage that income, which at the time was fair enough.

During this period, I was in direct contact with Ross and other directors, and I have nothing but praise for how they handled the matter with me.

To provide context for my paper, they permitted me to access some critical numbers that influence the club`s revenue. In truth, I was pretty shocked by how low those numbers were, at least, compared with my expectations.

This board has performed miracles to keep our club alive in recent years. Those flippantly attacking the board without accurate knowledge of the facts are doing a great disservice to our club. They are grossly insulting some very good people who have put in a tremendous amount of work for no reward for multiple years.

They may have got the choice of football manager wrong, but they got most other things right. They deserve our thanks, not abuse.

The manager should be fired today. There should be no further delay. But today should also mark for DAFC the end of the beginning, as Churchill would have put it...

Now is the time for us to start to get rid of the "backs to the wall" mentality created since administration. It is time to see the club adopting a far more professional approach right across the board.

The structures like Lifeline were emergency measures put in place to help get the club out of a catastrophe. Their continuance all these years later is a sign of atrophy, not advancement. We have been treading water far too long.

With new ownership, fan ownership is a thing of the past. In brutal and stark terms, the worries about the club`s survival are no longer ours.

It is time to switch to ideas like a club membership scheme, open to fans everywhere from Stornaway to Singapore, Hamburg to Humbug Park, Crossgates.

I am confident that the Germans will have plans at the ready. Otherwise, why would they have bought it?

These guys are shipping people. Planning is what shipping people do. They know about market peaks and tr

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 12:00

(continued...)

The Germans would have known that action is necessary. These guys are shipping people. They know about market peaks and troughs better than anyone. Shipping is the most cyclical of industries and currently, it is enjoying a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) financial bonanza, so they will be cashed up and, one hopes prepared to spend.

Meggle will oversee the football side, while Keretic, with his invaluable IMG experience, will oversee the marketing plans.

This is time to look forward, not back.

Funnily enough, the ineptness of Peter Grant may well have provided us with a unique opportunity to really take stock of where we are right now and with a sharp focus, see where we want to be.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 12:09

"These guys are shipping people"
Signed a few boats and overseen a useless tanker of a manager

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 12:19

Quote:

Muppet Par, Mon 4 Oct 10:48

He is absolutely hopeless. Why do people keep thinking he’s done a ‘great’ job. We nearly went under…8 years ago!! Where are we now? IMO no further forward, rooted to the bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football, it’s not good enough for a club this size. And he’s a huge part of the problem, him and Grant need to gtf

Aptly named subscriber.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 12:26

100% agree with marv and oz.

Post Edited (Mon 04 Oct 12:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 12:53

PARrott, is anything ive said untrue? Or are to too far up the chairman that your blinded by how poorly the club is performing? Getting pumped off the likes of Arbroath and Partick, bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football, if that’s where your ambitions are at fair enough 👍🏻

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:02

Quote:

Muppet Par, Mon 4 Oct 12:53

PARrott, is anything ive said untrue? Or are to too far up the chairman that your blinded by how poorly the club is performing? Getting pumped off the likes of Arbroath and Partick, bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football, if that’s where your ambitions are at fair enough 👍🏻

You have no idea what the chairman or the board do. You are limited to your opinion on what happens on the pitch.
Stick to that and even though I might disagree, I appreciate your opinion.
Read some of the informative posts about the board and RM and you might adjust your uninformed opinion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:05

Unfortunately all what happens off the pitch is pretty irrelevant if the club is where it’s at on it. They are losing the fans, something has to give. The worst crowd I can remember at starks, numbers dwindling at an alarming rate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigbeefcake  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:06

I get that a lot of people on this forum obviously have a personal friendship with the chairman and can’t see anything negative being said.

But, we all knew in our gut that the appointment of PG was a disaster waiting to happen. But football being football, a few results and the fans would’ve been onside. What has proceeded is what we all feared and thought.

That blame lies with the board and unfortunately for you guys the door of the chairman. What is even more stomach churning is the fact that through this dark period, the chairman and board have sat on there hands and said nothing. The atmosphere has turned toxic and they have done nothing, absolutely nothing to appease that. Even a dreaded vote of confidence would have been better than the deafening silence.

The first lights out Derby should have been alarm bells for the board. Fans are turning away and they will be even harder to get back through the gates.

18 months of no football, if the board had done it right the first full crowd game back at East End would have been rammed. Instead a load of fans thought ‘aye Donald Duck that’.

Lastly, the we’re lucky to still have a club schtick needs ditched by members on this forum. It was almost ten years ago, do you think Rangers who died, Hearts who nearly died, Livi, Motherwell and Dundee fans to name a few churn out that same ‘your lucky we have a club’ line every time things are dire? I’m sick to the back teeth of fans accepting mediocrity because 10 years ago we nearly died.

It's another big beefy bonanza at the beefcake boulevard!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:08

Quote:

Muppet Par, Mon 4 Oct 13:05

Unfortunately all what happens off the pitch is pretty irrelevant if the club is where it’s at on it. They are losing the fans, something has to give. The worst crowd I can remember at starks, numbers dwindling at an alarming rate.

We get it. We are all concerned but you are going over the top. It will be dealt with. Chill oot min. Have a nice day.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:15

Is our board are performing miracles keeping this vessel afloat, despite having the centenary lifeline, despite having such a high proportion of volunteers and despite having one of the highest gate receipts in the division, it makes you wonder, how has no club went to the wall?

That or the miracles aren't all that miraculous tbh. It's probably even easier to keep a club afloat when you don't absolutely torch the football side of the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:17

Grant just say what you really think

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:19

Topic Originator: OzPar
Date: Mon 4 Oct 12:00

“With new ownership, fan ownership is a thing of the past. In brutal and stark terms, the worries about the club`s survival are no longer ours”

Your main post is a good summation of the facts OzPar however as a lifelong fan I have to disagree with your paragraph above………… Survival of our club will always be my/our worry & I will continue to do what I can to ensure it’s survival however much or little that is…….. Our new majority shareholders will not be able to get to where they want DAFC to be without the help of others ie The Fans, with both financial, technical & physical help, also many of the existing BoD who have crucial jobs as part of their remit & will be difficult to replace with others that have the same passion & knowledge of DAFC

& BTW “Fan Ownership” proved to be a pipe dream as sufficient financial support was always a struggle but if you have seen the figures you will know that

The club is once again at a low ebb & going forward the board have a lot to do to sort out the current free fall. Sort things they will, hopefully with a conspicuous input from our new majority shareholders

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:25

Quote:

Can you please explain what "size" our club is, Muppet Par and how you arrived at your conclusion? I've often heard this argument put forward, but I'm not sure why some fans think we are a big club.

Is it annual income, average gates, history, wage bill, stadium capacity, population base, or all of these factors? Many Pars fans think we're a bigger club than the likes of Ross County, Livingston and St Johnstone, but I'll bet any of our players would jump at the chance to play for them, given the chance.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Mon 04 Oct 13:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:27

This thread/site is a bit of a disaster right now. Got people who obviously know the chairman and have some sort of relationship with him, who are willing to defend him regardless and seem to reject the notion that the footballing side of this football club is a disaster. As with any business, the chairman will be questioned when some of the board’s decisions are resulting in poor quality product. After all, when you take on the role of chairman, you accept that responsibility of being the face of the board. His interview following the appointment of Grant is also worthy of a lot of the criticism it has received. Particularly due to how poor the appointment had proven to be.

However, some of the attacks/criticisms of him on here are way over the top. It’s not that he hasn’t done anything positive. He’s made mistakes, but every single person does. No business gets every decision right. No person gets everything right. However, successful businesses rectify any mistakes/issues before it is too late. It is now up to the board to acknowledge their mistake and fix things.

McArthur has acknowledged that he has struggled with adapting to a football club, which is nothing like a normal business. I’m sure he would be embarrassed by those on here who seem to be dismissing the footballing side as irrelevant though. It’s a football club, if they want revenue to increase and they want fans to come along, the product on the park needs to be an acceptable standard. Otherwise, all of this work that has been done behind the scenes becomes totally irrelevant as the club can’t survive.

It may not be time for McArthur to resign. If he does do a lot behind the scenes that helps the club, we are better off with him there. However, it’s time for the new investors - probably Meggle in particular, to be more hands-on and take on that responsibility that comes with his Sporting Director role, by helping to steer the footballing side of the club in the right direction.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:31

Of course they would move there, because all those clubs you’ve named are in the premier league. So it’s a pretty obvious take. I think we should at least be challenging for promotion, not getting tawed off the likes of part time Arbroath. We are a bigger club than Livvy and Ross County. It’s unquestionable and should be challenging to get in the premier league, not free falling into the third tier.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:38

DrumRoad, I very much take your point. I wrote it that way on purpose, for sometimes it is necessary to brutally cut to the chase to get an important point across.

The stark truth is that 75% of the worry is now in the hands of the Germans. Of course, we are emotionally attached to our club`s ongoing survival, but it no longer is a matter solely - or indeed primarily - for us to address.

Yes, Lifeline has been vital, but my point is that the club owners must look to more imaginative ways to draw in revenue from fans.

A better product on the pitch, a better product in the stands... these are the key factors that should determine the success of the club going forward, not the seemingly endless generosity of an ageing group of fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 13:40

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 4 Oct 13:25

Quote:

Can you please explain what "size" our club is, Muppet Par and how you arrived at your conclusion? I've often heard this argument put forward, but I'm not sure why some fans think we are a big club.

Is it annual income, average gates, history, wage bill, stadium capacity, population base, or all of these factors? Many Pars fans think we're a bigger club than the likes of Ross County, Livingston and St Johnstone, but I'll bet any of our players would jump at the chance to play for them, given the chance.

That's because Ross County, Livingston and St Johnstone play at a higher level than us.

The point MuppetPar was getting across was that those teams and others (Barring Ross County and there sugar daddy) have been at this level, were smaller clubs at this level and have got promoted and are now a better draw to players, and that has came through the competent stewardship of the club by the men in charge.

Could you imagine if St Johnstone, or Livingston selected there next manager because the team who they trained with (and had just got relegated and not kept on there manager) said there now ex manager was good? They wouldn't be above us for long. Brutal.

We are absolutely capable of being a Premiership club, however shocking decisions by Ross have led us to where we are now, rock bottom of the Championship with what must be our worst start to a league campaign at this level, potentially ever? Taking shockingly low attendances to a Fife Derby, despite it being the first "attended" fife Derby in years. That's down to Ross.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:05

Exactly Grant, seems having a bit of ambition is lost on some people. Even the likes of Hamilton have just had a prelonged period in the top flight, we saying they are a bigger club also? Bottom of the championship is absolutely pathetic for a club this size. The chairman is simply not up to the task of taking this club to the next level. We shouldn’t settle for mediocrity because he’s a ‘good’ guy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:11

Quote:

par-91, Mon 4 Oct 13:27

This thread/site is a bit of a disaster right now. Got people who obviously know the chairman and have some sort of relationship with him, who are willing to defend him regardless and seem to reject the notion that the footballing side of this football club is a disaster. As with any business, the chairman will be questioned when some of the board’s decisions are resulting in poor quality product. After all, when you take on the role of chairman, you accept that responsibility of being the face of the board. His interview following the appointment of Grant is also worthy of a lot of the criticism it has received. Particularly due to how poor the appointment had proven to be.

However, some of the attacks/criticisms of him on here are way over the top. It’s not that he hasn’t done anything positive. He’s made mistakes, but every single person does. No business gets every decision right. No person gets everything right. However, successful businesses rectify any mistakes/issues before it is too late. It is now up to the board to acknowledge their mistake and fix things.

McArthur has acknowledged that he has struggled with adapting to a football club, which is nothing like a normal business. I’m sure he would be embarrassed by those on here who seem to be dismissing the footballing side as irrelevant though. It’s a football club, if they want revenue to increase and they want fans to come along, the product on the park needs to be an acceptable standard. Otherwise, all of this work that has been done behind the scenes becomes totally irrelevant as the club can’t survive.

It may not be time for McArthur to resign. If he does do a lot behind the scenes that helps the club, we are better off with him there. However, it’s time for the new investors - probably Meggle in particular, to be more hands-on and take on that responsibility that comes with his Sporting Director role, by helping to steer the footballing side of the club in the right direction.

Agreed virtually 100%

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:12

"I get that a lot of people on this forum obviously have a personal friendship with the chairman"

Aye, we all meet in the Ballroom twice a month, sink some beers, shoot some pool and discuss how to keep us in 5th place in the Championship from now until the end of time. You should come along.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:14

If you take our fan base into account, 2 years ago it would have been well over 3000 home fans. A week come Saturday if PG is still the manager it will be around 2000. Some fans put a great deal of money and work into the club. Most work for nothing, what happens in the future if he is still here. I am a season ticket holder, I no longer get buzz that I used to get each Saturday looking forward to the game. Many people will be like me. Next season I will not buy a season ticket, I might go to some games eg Alloa and possibly Falkirk. Ross will know the mistake he made giving a conman the job. Hopefully the German owners will overrule him and sack our so called manager this week and will employ a real manager and provide him with money to sign real footballers.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:22

Quote:

par-91, Mon 4 Oct 13:27

Spot on Par-91
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:31

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Mon 4 Oct 14:14

If you take our fan base into account, 2 years ago it would have been well over 3000 home fans. A week come Saturday if PG is still the manager it will be around 2000. Some fans put a great deal of money and work into the club. Most work for nothing, what happens in the future if he is still here. I am a season ticket holder, I no longer get buzz that I used to get each Saturday looking forward to the game. Many people will be like me. Next season I will not buy a season ticket, I might go to some games eg Alloa and possibly Falkirk. Ross will know the mistake he made giving a conman the job. Hopefully the German owners will overrule him and sack our so called manager this week and will employ a real manager and provide him with money to sign real footballers.

Conman is a bit unfair. I think he believes in himself.

Just isnt working.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:47

Parrot, he conned us into thinking we stood a good chance of winning the league.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:48

Or maybe it’s an absolute embarrassment that we are having to get rid of a manager 8 games into a league season because of the BOD and their utter woeful football decisions that have been terrible over the years. They are 100% responsible for this mess of a season, unfortunately surviving relegation will be seen as a success to some on here, who will never criticise anything the BOD does. If we get relegated some on here will come out with the ‘lucky to have a club’ mentality

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:50

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Mon 4 Oct 14:47

Parrot, he conned us into thinking we stood a good chance of winning the league.

Aye, but I think he believed it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 14:51

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 4 Oct 14:48

Or maybe it’s an absolute embarrassment that we are having to get rid of a manager 8 games into a league season because of the BOD and their utter woeful football decisions that have been terrible over the years. They are 100% responsible for this mess of a season, unfortunately surviving relegation will be seen as a success to some on here, who will never criticise anything the BOD does. If we get relegated some on here will come out with the ‘lucky to have a club’ mentality

Give it a rest ffs. Its like listening to a broken record....sorry, maybe before your time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:34

Apologies for the long post, I don`t post so often nowadays but I think people need to get a degree of perspective regarding this current situation.

Some people did not want Grant from the start which is fine, a lot of fans at all clubs will disagree on a manager appointment, that is down to personal preference.

I didn`t particularly want him but was willing to give him a chance, I also trust the people who run the club. The same people who have worked hard for a good few years for absolutely no return and still pay there way as well as put there own money in when required. I think for the work they have done and continue to do for our club and all the individual experts out there they deserve to be treated in a much more decent way than is currently the case.

Anybody who has ever recruited will tell you it is a very difficult job and I am presuming that football management recruitment is even tougher given that we don`t know all the ins and outs of finances and personalities etc and decisions may not be straight forward

I find it hard to read when our current chairman (yes it looks like he has been duped / made a bad appointment) is being crucified online and probably in person for a bad decision. Does this make him a bad chairman or the wrong man to lead our club, in my opinion no, he has just made a bad decision in recruiting the current manager. He has been outstanding as a chairman overall in my opinion.

The rot in the team / squad including team management was there last season and has continued into this season, who is responsible for that rot I do not know.

What I will say is every chairman at every club bar none has made bad appointments, or appointments that for varying reasons do not work out, there will be many reasons why.

We are in a rut at the minute, clubs our size have them from time to time, our time will come again. Unfortunately I think we do need a change of manager sharpish in our current situation but we need unity, let the directors do their job to the best of their ability, if there is someone on this forum that could do it better, by all means contact the club and offer your services as well as your personal cash when required.

As said I think we need to unite behind a manager (I guarantee, we will all also disagree on the next 1 as well) be that the next Leishman, Paton or (insert name) he has no chance if he gets the same level of support that Grant received because he wasn`t a preferred choice.

I think John Ropertson would be ideal to unite the majority, but I also think what we actually need is a Dick Campbell at this moment in time.

In any case have a thought in your next post before you crucify someone who must be hurting every bit as much and more than us for making a bad decision, in all probability he and the other directors will suffer financially when they do sack Grant, If you have never, ever made a bad decision or 2 at work or personally then you are indeed an expert.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:38

Great post.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 17:42

People will always disagree on the appointment of a manager. John Robertson is probably the one which would unite the most of the fans, initially at least.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:20

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 4 Oct 17:42

People will always disagree on the appointment of a manager. John Robertson is probably the one which would unite the most of the fans, initially at least.

Petrie surely?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:29

I've seen more objection to Petrie than Robertson - largely due to the fact he's never managed a full time club or managed full time players.

Not necessarily my view I hasten to add, just a gauge of what I've seen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:44

Robertson for me

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:47

Petrie seriously, absolutely no way.
Robertson left ICT for a reason, mainly personal and still lives up north, robertson can be ruled out totally.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:52

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:01

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 4 Oct 18:29

I've seen more objection to Petrie than Robertson - largely due to the fact he's never managed a full time club or managed full time players.

Not necessarily my view I hasten to add, just a gauge of what I've seen.

Aye absolutely, was just a presumption on my part.

One of my favoured appointments wouldn't go down with allot of Pars fans, it'll be hard for the board to make an appointment that everyone agrees on as the number 1.

What I would say is that providing the logic is there Pars fans will come around, I was initially confused by the Peter Grant appointment and none of the resulting interviews helped convince me, the tales of an 8 hour chat just made it sound like Ross was taken in by Grant's affable persona. The stories of them being impressed by Alloa when we beat them 4-1 didn't help anyone
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:01

Quote:

dafc, Mon 4 Oct 18:47

Petrie seriously, absolutely no way.
Robertson left ICT for a reason, mainly personal and still lives up north, robertson can be ruled out totally.

It's only Inverness. Not the moon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:07

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:12

Pretty sure he is sporting director up there. They created a new role for him to assist with personal issues, I can only take that as he doesn`t see himself being in a high pressure situation which is clearly what Dunfermline job would be. So i would agree Robertson would be out of bounds for us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:19

Quote:

Polt, Mon 4 Oct 19:12

Pretty sure he is sporting director up there. They created a new role for him to assist with personal issues, I can only take that as he doesn`t see himself being in a high pressure situation which is clearly what Dunfermline job would be. So i would agree Robertson would be out of bounds for us.

That's precisely why we'll end up with Brian Rice. Ask the guy. He always speaks highly of dunfermline.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:20

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 4 Oct 19:19

Quote:

That's precisely why we'll end up with Brian Rice. Ask the guy. He always speaks highly of dunfermline.

Oh god please not.

He's a Falkirk fan anyway is he not?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:22

Quote:

Muppet Par, Mon 4 Oct 13:31

Of course they would move there, because all those clubs you’ve named are in the premier league. So it’s a pretty obvious take. I think we should at least be challenging for promotion, not getting tawed off the likes of part time Arbroath. We are a bigger club than Livvy and Ross County. It’s unquestionable and should be challenging to get in the premier league, not free falling into the third tier.

Aye, MP, I named these clubs because they're in the Premiership and because I guessed you'd think the Pars are bigger than them, but at this moment in time, we aren't. If/when we are promoted to the top flight, we may be able to make that claim, but not until then. I do agree we should always start as favourites against part time teams and not be humiliated by them, but not that we should automatically beat them every time.

I'm not any happier than you at the current state of affairs, but it's a bit unfair to lay all the blame at Ross McArthur's door. AFAIK, he's not involved in deciding which players to bring in or move out and doesn't select the team or the tactics.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 20:07

Quote:

Grant, Mon 4 Oct 19:20

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 4 Oct 19:19

Quote:

Oh god please not.

He's a Falkirk fan anyway is he not?

Just to clarify.....I mean ask Robbo 😁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 20:21

As I started this thread, I should add to it but have been interested in many of the views stated.
I've said before there is a heavy burden on Ross's shoulders but he did kind of bring it on himself as chairman by bypassing all other potential candidates.
Dick Campbell being one I'm led to believe.

The buck stops at the top whether you're the manager or the person who appointed him in the first place.

It's no disgrace or slur on his character to admit he got it wrong on this occasion.

I'm not one of those who thought he got it wrong with AJ (first couple of seasons) or Stevie Crawford who brought in some real promising players.

Least said about Potter the better mind you.

I think our managerial recruitment has to be right next time whenever that will be and so the new owners have to step in and take "proper control' of the decision making.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:07

Quote:

Grant, Mon 4 Oct 18:20

Quote:

Petrie surely?

Why did you post that after someone spoke about uniting most fans. Petrie is about 60 40 against.

Post Edited (Mon 04 Oct 21:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:24

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:33

Quote:

EEP, Mon 4 Oct 21:24

Tbh I thought the buck would stop at our major shareholders and investors now tbh?
They took this club over and need to grow a set and come over to sort this mess out.
Get on the plane! Then get rid of PG and the utter dross and big egos in this team.

It would appear that they don't see a shambles. They see a work in progress.
Maybe they see something we don't.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:42

Wer sagt , dass Peter Grant nicht der größte Mist ist , den der Club gemacht hat .
Es ist sehr ruhig von Deutschland. Sie müssen den Fans zeigen, dass sie es ernst meinen

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:56

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:59

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Oct 21:07

Quote:

Grant, Mon 4 Oct 18:20

Quote:

Petrie surely?

Why did you post that after someone spoke about uniting most fans. Petrie is about 60 40 against.

Eh? Petrie has a far, far higher ratio than 60 for, the reason i said his name was because it is by a distance, the most quoted name when people talk about who they want as new managers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:04

And more than plenty say no.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:16

They are saying no as in not the right time, not that he wouldn’t be welcome.

Petrie if appointed would unite, be a very brave move if he took it, not convinced he wants it though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:31

Quote:

Berry, Mon 4 Oct 22:16

Petrie if appointed would unite, be a very brave move if he took it, not convinced he wants it though.

I hope he doesnt. Id hate to see him go through what Craw had to go through. I also think he would need to win the seaside league before managing a team that thinks it should be in the Premier league.
Maybe a successful wee stint at a full time team with lower aspirations than dotnutters would convince more that he is ready.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:34

I'm not buying this stuff about bringing in someone to "unite".
We need someone to bring decent results and performances that excite and start climbing the league. End of.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:49

Agreed. A managers remit is to win football matches. Everything else is a bonus

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:54

It would surely be difficult to unite the fans by appointing someone we didn`t think was going to win us matches.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 23:09

I think I can say without fear of contradiction that we we won't be seeking to employ someone we think won't win us games.
But it's still the board's job to bring in a manager to implement the club's strategy and not to bring them in for other reasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 23:34

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Oct 22:31

Quote:

I hope he doesnt. Id hate to see him go through what Craw had to go through. I also think he would need to win the seaside league before managing a team that thinks it should be in the Premier league.
Maybe a successful wee stint at a full time team with lower aspirations than dotnutters would convince more that he is ready.

You do realise there is precious little between the top part time sides and us? We are not poaching a full time manager from anyone else in Scotland. If Petrie goes to another full time side and does well he doesn't come to Dunfermline.

It would be absolutely wild for Montrose to win that league, they'll have one of the poorest budgets in the league. He won league 2 with them after taking over when they were 90 minutes away from the lowland league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 01:10

Quote:

Grant, Mon 4 Oct 23:34

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Oct 22:31

Quote:

You do realise there is precious little between the top part time sides and us? We are not poaching a full time manager from anyone else in Scotland. If Petrie goes to another full time side and does well he doesn't come to Dunfermline.

It would be absolutely wild for Montrose to win that league, they'll have one of the poorest budgets in the league. He won league 2 with them after taking over when they were 90 minutes away from the lowland league.

I didnt neccessarily mean win it with Montrose. Maybe Falkirk.

Ok im going into hiding now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 10:45

Time to put the cover back over your cage Parrot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 13:03

Serious questions need asked of Ross now. If he isn`t going to sack the manager when we are starting to get cut adrift when is the right time. Before I get the "do you know all he done for the club". Ido and I appreciate it but he has made a shocking decision hiring PG and needs to admit he was wrong and make an attempt to get our season back on track by bringing in a replacement.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:05

Ross doesn't have the power to sack anyone.

We have German owners and they'll decide.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:04

Least we have a board statement now - which is always a great opportunity to have a pop at the fans 🙄

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:06

Think he has a bit of a touchy side reading his latest statement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:30

Happy clappers looking foolish now. The BoD doing a great job?? They’ve done a great job spitting in the face of paying customers that’s for sure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:37

Never been more gutted to be vindicated.

I don't get how things can flip so quickly.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:42

Muppet Par , why do you keep targeting Ross McArthur. ? Do you have a dossier on what he does within our club?

Wrong thread should be on the Board Statement thread.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 15:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:44

I don`t get it either. It`s clearly a statement from our new owners, specifically Meggle, saying that he`s backing Grant and attacking the fans` behaviour.

Rumour is that the old board wanted rid but our new guys want to give it more time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:47

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 5 Oct 15:44

I don`t get it either. It`s clearly a statement from our new owners, specifically Meggle, saying that he`s backing Grant and attacking the fans` behaviour.

Rumour is that the old board wanted rid but our new guys want to give it more time.

The last bit has exactly the same tone as other naughty school children letters from Ross McCarthur.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:49

Can’t put all of this (or very much) on McArthur. Meggle’s name has been attributed to the majority of this statement, if not all of it. I certainly believe that, as much of the language used sounds like someone who speaks English as a second language trying to put a statement together in english. There are a few americanisms and sections that are worded poorly.

The last paragraph comes from the board in general, not just Ross. As far as I can see anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:52

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 5 Oct 15:44

For that statement to be signed off it's read and agreed to by the whole board.

Ross is the chairman, he gets the credit when we do well, he wears it when we do badly.

Also that last paragraph isn't written by the German investors, unless they're now referring to themselves in 3rd person.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:09

I read it as if they were talking about it putting off anyone else looking to put money in to the club.

I`ve seen the other statements when they`re addressing fan behaviour and I thought the tone here was different. That`s my reading of it though - I`m not in the know.

I`m not going to get caught up in it too much though. I don`t agree with the decision and think it`s madness to double down on fans going radge at Dumfries in this manner.

They could have said the same thing in many other ways and possibly even got some folk onside. This would seem to me to do the opposite.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:13

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 5 Oct 16:09

I read it as if they were talking about it putting off anyone else looking to put money in to the club.

I might just be looking to deeply into how it is written, however.

"Our new investors and potential new sponsors"

To me means that the investors are referring to the German consortium and as such it would be very odd for them to be referring to themselves, with the potential new sponsors people we haven't heard of.

As such that final paragraph which isn't quoted as Thomas Meggle, can be fairly safely put down to McArthur surely?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:16

RossDAFC why do you keep attacking posters on here? They’re not your enemy. So some folk have a different opinion to you - so what? Get over it.
Can’t see anyone happy with what’s been said today. Not a single person.
Cut out the childish name calling while you’re at it. It really does you no favours.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:21

I don`t know Grant.

If you`re on the board, living locally and know the Pars fans, I don`t think you write that in the current climate.

I could be wrong though, I`m not privy to the inner machinations.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:26

If by name calling you refer to happy clappers then 1. Grow up, 2. It’s just a collective heading for those happy to tread water and pretend everythings okay here, that RM and the board are doing a great job because he’s a nice guy and they aren’t being paid. Sorry for having ambition.

Happy there’s a generally unified tone now at least, only taken an 8 game winless run and a shambolic board statement to happen!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:28

[IP address logged]

I also think you need to get yourself in the headspace of being a current board member. You've put enormous hours into running the club. No-one is getting rich from this. You're well aware things aren't panning out well culminating in a horror show of a start to the season. It's a sh*te state of affairs for all concerned. No-one is enjoying this on any level.

But whoever signed off that statement needs a rest.
[IP address logged]

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 5 Oct 16:21

I don`t know Grant.

If you`re on the board, living locally and know the Pars fans, I don`t think you write that in the current climate.

I could be wrong though, I`m not privy to the inner machinations.

If it was Meggle I don't see why the quotation marks have ended.

I fully agree with your second paragraph, I don't know why either, I see absolutely no benefit and it doesn't help anyone, I just think Ross has totally missed the mark.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:29

Quote:

RossDAFC, Tue 5 Oct 16:26

If by name calling you refer to happy clappers then 1. Grow up, 2. It’s just a collective heading for those happy to tread water and pretend everythings okay here, that RM and the board are doing a great job because he’s a nice guy and they aren’t being paid. Sorry for having ambition.

Happy there’s a generally unified tone now at least, only taken an 8 game winless run and a shambolic board statement to happen!

Literally no-one has said anyone is doing a great job. No-one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:34

Yes, a change in management.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:35

My issue with it is the final paragraph is clearly by him , as above the investors are clearly not talking about themselves in the third person .

Everyone is hurting and no one likes public criticism. Yes things maybe went a wee bit over the top on Saturday. but be the bigger man take it on the chin and keep your mouth shut and don’t throw the toys out the pram because someone has the audacity to question how the club is being run , my worry is now that this statement will cause a huge rift between the board and supporters which will take a long long time for people to forget
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:37

Quote:

RossDAFC, Tue 05 Oct 16:26

You’re the one needing to grow up - you’ve been told repeatedly about that turn of phrase and you know damn well it’s childish. It adds zero to any discussion.

I’m not replying to anything you post from now on as you’re clearly just an attention seeker with zero thought or tolerance of people having different opinions.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net