DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Munoz sacked
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:22

Watford have sacked their manager Xisco Munoz after 10 months in the job.

The 41-year-old Spaniard helped win promotion to the Premier League last season after joining in December 2020.

Watford are 14th with seven points from seven games and Munoz`s last match in charge was Saturday`s 1-0 defeat by Leeds United.

"The board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving," the club said.

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Munoz sacked
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:28

Seems harsh. Looks like they've only had one or two results that weren't great thus season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:37

Good to see a board with a spine taking action.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 11:57

I think they`ve had 15 managers (inc caretakers) in the 9 years since the Pozzo family took ownership of the club. The three managers prior to that were Brendan Rodgers, Sean Dyche and Malky Mackay.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:19

Quote:

Kessel, Sun 3 Oct 11:37

It's worked well for them what with the relegations they've had..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:24

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 3 Oct 12:19

Quote:

And with the promotions they've had...

As a Brentford supporter I seen first hand how sacking there last incumbent and appointing Munoz got them promotion last year, if that hadn't happened they were playoffs at best.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Oct 12:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 12:34

What a joke of a club. Not quite sure where they think Watford should be in the league.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 13:54

Quote:

Grant, Sun 3 Oct 12:24

Quote:

Quote:

As a Brentford supporter I seen first hand how sacking there last incumbent and appointing Munoz got them promotion last year, if that hadn't happened they were playoffs at best.

To be fair you don't know what would or wouldn't have happened if the manager hadn't been sacked. They might have won the league they might have got relegated or it might have been anything in between.

Watfords own fans think the situation with the managerial change is a circus. If we were battering through them at the rate they are this forum would be in meltdown and there certainly wouldn't be any praise for being decisive.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 14:07

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 3 Oct 13:54

Quote:

Grant, Sun 3 Oct 12:24

Quote:

Quote:

To be fair you don't know what would or wouldn't have happened if the manager hadn't been sacked. They might have won the league they might have got relegated or it might have been anything in between.

Watfords own fans think the situation with the managerial change is a circus. If we were battering through them at the rate they are this forum would be in meltdown and there certainly wouldn't be any praise for being decisive.

I don't, however I seen how much they improved when Munoz came in, just like I can't rule out that we might win the title under Grant, it doesn't look likely does it?

Watford fans I know, and can see on social media seem pretty content that he's gone. Not every managerial change will work, I think this one's a bit early but then I wasn't impressed by their business in the summer, I don't think Brentford doing so well has helped with there happiness, they'll constantly be comparing themselves to Brentford.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Oct 19:24

Claudio Ranieri is in the frame to take over apparently.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 17:59

Watford have appointed Claudio Ranieri as their new manager after sacking Xisco Munoz on Sunday.

The Italian, 69, returns to the Premier League which he famously won with Leicester in 2015-16, having left Serie A side Sampdoria in the summer.

It is the 14th managerial change under Watford`s owners, the Pozzo family, since they took over in 2012.

Dilly Ding ..Dilly Dong

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 11:51

Ranieri must have the world`s greatest agent.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 12:33

You would think Ranieri would have made enough out of the game to retire in comfort rather than take on a high-risk assignment like this. There must be a generous compensation clause in the Watford manager`s contract to persuade anyone to take the job although it`s maybe more understandable for younger managers hoping to make their mark in the game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 12:38

Straight in at 3rd favourite to go at 5/1. Probably worth a few quid with the board being so decisive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:41

Quote:

londonparsfan, Tue 5 Oct 12:38

Straight in at 3rd favourite to go at 5/1. Probably worth a few quid with the board being so decisive.

I've a hunch Ranieri will keep them up. He doesn't have a massive trophy haul, in spite of a long managerial career, but he's done quite well at most of the clubs he's coached.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:51

I didn't think they were in any danger of going down but their board changes their managers more than I changed my pants in lockdown.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:22

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/05/david-squires-on-squad-game-the-brutal-drama-featuring-watford-fc?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net