DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 If you are going to protest...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 15:49

Do it in a way that gets the point over but hurts the club least.

Assuming the Kingdom FM report is correct:

Protest by not going to the away match. The point of the potential loss of revenue at the next home match will not go unnoticed.

Go to the next home match but support the team as best you can during the match, regardless of the quality of play. Maybe it will lift them.

Protest after the match. Banners, chants whatever.
Just, nae need to get personal or nasty. The point can be made without being toxic.
Remember it is a residential area so respect the local residents.

Emails could be effective but I still believe a deluge of snail mail is more effective.
It doesnt have to be abusive.
Just make the point.

I dont think mob rule works. It can cause a standoff and prolong the inevitable.

Hopefully he pulls off a miracle.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: If you are going to protest...
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 15:55

Pie in the sky stuff that Partrot, I'll be firing an email in tomorrow asking what on earth is going on in the hope an explanation can be given, some logic can be shown etc. But that won't actually achieve much.

People have already begun the silent protest by just not turning up, that will only increase from here on in. If anything fans will be more likely to choose away games than home games, the quickest way to get the board to act is to hit them in the pocket, that's just facts. I've seen a few people already say they'll be cancelling the centenary lifeline in the next 24 hours, I expect there'll be a few of those.

I expect those fans that do end up going to Kilmarnock will then in turn make there opinions very well heard, for the first time since the Masterton and Yorkston days I presume the board will be getting it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:18

I won’t be at East End, or any away ground, until Grant has gone. I’ve already wasted my money on a season ticket, after being told the target for this season was the title. I can’t bring myself to waste my time on this garbage anymore, when those in charge don’t seem to care about the product they are offering the fans.

You can’t publicly state that we want to win the league, then accept this. Grant himself has acknowledged that our performances are deserving of him being sacked. At this stage, whether they sack him or not, a statement is required. Unfortunately though, unless that statement says that Grant is away, I can’t justify wasting my time or money on this football club.

I will never stop supporting the club and want them to improve and be successful. I just see no way that will happen under Grant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:31

as expected Grant and par-91 first to respond :o(

I have seen nothing that you have to offer any advice, input or suggestions.

the board I`m pretty sure won`t be intimidated ny mob rule.
as suggested previously I`m sure suggestions and ideas would go down much better than been totally rude and abrupt.

and No, I don`t have any real suggestions either. I`m not a football or business person

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:35

Quote:

brian, Mon 4 Oct 16:31

as suggested previously I`m sure suggestions and ideas would go down much better than been totally rude and abrupt.

and No, I don`t have any real suggestions either. I`m not a football or business person

... My suggestion originally was that we shouldn't appoint Peter Grant.

Now my suggestion is that we should sack Peter Grant.

If the board don't do that I suggest people protest to the board, whether that's by not turning up to the game, sending an email, cancelling the lifeline (if you do this I'd also send an email detailing why), chanting and banners, do whatever it is you feel will help.

We've had low attendances (at home and away to Raith) we've had very public shows of fan anger (Ayr and QoTS away) and according to KingdomFM the board still aren't interested.

Again though this is going off the presumption that KingdomFM somehow have the inside scoop on the Dunfermline boardroom.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:40

`Again though this is going off the presumption that KingdomFM somehow have the inside scoop on the Dunfermline boardroom.`

It would be interesting to know the source. Peter Grant has always been happy to speak to the media so I would imagine he has good contacts. Even as a player he popped up on BBC Sportscene to offer his thought on the televised match.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:43

Quote:

brian, Mon 04 Oct 16:31

What? Not sure what I’ve done to deserve being singled out like that. What sort of advice, input or suggestions am I supposed to put on a football forum? I put a fairly lengthy post up earlier about how people on how people on both sides of debates are going way over the top and said it’s now time for Meggle to step up to the plate in his role of director of football and help sort things out. I have never been involved in a football club before, so I don’t know what’s required, I don’t know what challenges are being faced every day. But I do know what challenges I face in my life and can make decisions about whether I want to go to games or not.

I didn’t think my post here was rude or abrupt. I’m not criticising anyone for going to games, or avoiding. I’m not encouraging anyone to boycott or protest. Simply put my position out there and explained my reasoning.

I’m sorry if I’ve said or done anything to offend you Brian, but I do think it’s quite rude and unjustified to single me out here when there are plenty of posters on several threads who are posting much worse things than me - or Grant for that matter. If you have an issue with me, I’d much rather you messaged me or reached out to me personally, than resorting to petty little posts like this. I’m sure you’d agree that would be a much more productive way to deal with things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 16:56

Pitch forks and flaming torches is the way ahead.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 17:03

Has anyone considered that the club might not be able to relieve PG of his managerial duties due to a clause in his contract ie a six month cut off point? This is just a suggestion ~ I’ve no idea what’s in his terms of contract.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 17:22

If that is the case Buffy, he should be put on gardening leave. My grass is needing cut.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 17:41

If those types of clauses are in his contract it wouldn’t really surprise me with the clowns that run this club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:14

Quote:

buffy, Mon 4 Oct 17:03

Has anyone considered that the club might not be able to relieve PG of his managerial duties due to a clause in his contract ie a six month cut off point? This is just a suggestion ~ I’ve no idea what’s in his terms of contract.

There is absolutely no way that will be the case... Is something that I would like to think. However, the sheer ineptitude our board have shown with managerial appointments, there's a good change you're right with that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:17

Quote:

Kessel, Mon 4 Oct 18:14

Quote:

buffy, Mon 4 Oct 17:03

There is absolutely no way that will be the case... Is something that I would like to think. However, the sheer ineptitude our board have shown with managerial appointments, there's a good change you're right with that.

That would be 1 management appointment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 18:53

Don’t turn up - it’s a simple as that. Board will take notice when nobody is showing up to games

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:10

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 19:33

So long as there isn`t fans having to be held back by stewards trying to get to PG. Yes his management is bad and we all feel like we are in a swamp getting dragged down the longer it goes on.
I`m voting with my feet and won`t be at a game until he leaves. He has thrown the ball into the hands of the board by stating again he will not walk away.

The club is no longer community owned and I feel the only way to get the board to listen is to have the various supporter groups gain feedback from members and send the feedback to the club via communication channels available to them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 21:51

Maybe folk should be contacting Kingdom FM to ask the source and actual substance of the information they're broadcasting?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:06

His contract term was never disclosed which I also found very strange.

Why was it not disclosed for Grant but for every other manager and player it had?

My frustration with this club at the moment is honestly beyond words, I was sceptical at the time of this appointment but I got over that, new season, fresh start, absolutely ruined.

Even decided to take my 5yo, first season going to the football and it is an experience that’s also been ruined and one I’ll struggle to recreate.

I’ll be taking a break from attending as well.

Post Edited (Mon 04 Oct 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:24

Aye kingdom FM will just divulge a source readily! Get a grip.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 22:25

If you were going to tell anyone, would it be Kingdom FM?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 23:37

Quote:

jake89, Mon 4 Oct 22:25

If you were going to tell anyone, would it be Kingdom FM?

AJs sacking was leaked by SpikeFm or something.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 23:48

Not a single journalist running with the story that he’s been backed. I reckon he’ll be sacked this week, he even knows it’s coming after his match comments after he keeps repeating that he won’t walk away. Come on BOD there’s a chance to salvage the season but action is needed immediately

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 4 Oct 23:54

Kingdom FM didn`t make it up so they obviously have a source, whether reliable or not.

Option 1: The DAFC Board, prepared to give Grant`s project more time, let it be known through some channel that there will be no immediate dismissal.

Option 2: Peter Grant or someone acting in his perceived interest gives the story to Kingdom FM, making it difficult for the BOD to dismiss him without looking like their word counts for little.

I`m sure there are others.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 05:36

I don't think I've ever used a product or service as disrespectful, and openly insulting, to its customers as this one is.

I also haven't read many posts more "deliberately provoking fellow .net users" or "utter bollocks" than the one posted by the owner of this website on this thread.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 08:14

“Has anyone considered that the club might not be able to relieve PG of his managerial duties due to a clause in his contract ie a six month cut off point? This is just a suggestion ~ I’ve no idea what’s in his terms of contract.“

Well this is silly. Why would any manager be allowed a clause that means they can’t be sacked for a certain period of time, let alone the guy who overseen Alloa’s relegation from the very same league last season. Maybe just maybe Pep Guardiola could have a clause like that but not Peter Grant.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 08:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 09:04

There wouldn't be a clause like that but it may be there's a clause like "if fewer than X points in Y games then contract can be cancelled."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 09:23

Quote:

Wotsit, Tue 05 Oct 05:36

I don't think I've ever used a product or service as disrespectful, and openly insulting, to its customers as this one is.

I also haven't read many posts more "deliberately provoking fellow .net users" or "utter bollocks" than the one posted by the owner of this website on this thread.

If I’d targeted him, or anyone else for that matter, with a similar post, I’d have been blocked from the site. I’d have had no complaints about that either, as it’s not a nice way to treat anyone. I genuinely believe his post was designed to try and get a reaction, so that he could justify red/black carding us. He obviously doesn’t like our opinions and wants us off the site.

I have never been confrontational towards other posters on this site (at least not intentionally) and have just tried putting forward my points of view. I have disagreed with some posters, but so have we all. We’re all passionate and have our own opinions and perspectives on things. If I have upset anyone, I do apologise for that. If any of my posts do upset or offend anyone, please let me know, so that I can make sure that I’m more careful with words in future. I can honestly say that I have never posted once, with the intention of upsetting or offending another poster and I don’t ever plan to.

I do find Brian’s post very confrontational though and it was clearly designed to provoke. Why does he not have to abide by the rules that he has set for this site? I was genuine with my offer to speak to him and find out what I have done to upset him and the offer still stands - as it does for anyone who I may have upset or offended.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 09:59

I dont think he would deliberately provoke anyone. Just a wee bit frustration with constant negativity.

Trying times.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 10:25

Yet, he still singled out people and none of the other admin have yet taken action to take the post down or edit it to remove the names .

There's a lot of frustration and this just adds to it.

I do hope he gets in touch with the relevant posters to offer an apology.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 10:46

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 05 Oct 09:59

I dont think he would deliberately provoke anyone. Just a wee bit frustration with constant negativity.

Trying times.

Targeting 2 people like that is provocative. You know that and so does Brian. As I say, if I targeted posters with posts like that I would be getting carded, posts deleted etc - and rightly so. So why is it ok for the site owner to target/provoke me and Grant? Should Brian not be held accountable for his posts, like everyone else. Everyone is frustrated just now, I acknowledged that. But there’s no need to be targeting/provoking two posters when there are people who are posting much worse - verging on abuse of the chairman/board/manager on several other threads.

Given the lack of apology/acknowledgement from him, so long after he posted this, it definitely seems that his intentions were to provoke us. If he has an issue, he should be raising it with me privately, not by making posts like that. I’m still waiting to find out what I have done to deserve that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 13:16

Quote:

par-91, Tue 5 Oct 10:46

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 05 Oct 09:59

Trying times.

Targeting 2 people like that is provocative. You know that and so does Brian. As I say, if I targeted posters with posts like that I would be getting carded, posts deleted etc - and rightly so. So why is it ok for the site owner to target/provoke me and Grant? Should Brian not be held accountable for his posts, like everyone else. Everyone is frustrated just now, I acknowledged that. But there’s no need to be targeting/provoking two posters when there are people who are posting much worse - verging on abuse of the chairman/board/manager on several other threads.

Given the lack of apology/acknowledgement from him, so long after he posted this, it definitely seems that his intentions were to provoke us. If he has an issue, he should be raising it with me privately, not by making posts like that. I’m still waiting to find out what I have done to deserve that.

Jings min I regularly get "Targeted". Water off a parrots back to me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:58

Just to confirm about suggestions, I hope the fans hit the club where it hurts the most.

Cancel your lifeline, don't go to games, don't buy a thing from the club shop. The absolute disdain that the heirachy hold the fans in is clear to see.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:00

Could I just suggest "some" of the fans Grant. You seem to be trying to act as spokesperson for us all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:02

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 5 Oct 15:00

Could I just suggest "some" of the fans Grant. You seem to be trying to act as spokesperson for us all.

I'm not. I was asked earlier in the thread about suggestions, that's what I'd suggest.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:04

Quote:

This.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:06

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 5 Oct 16:04

Quote:

This.

Less so than you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:13

In response to the OP ...do it after the game, or protest with your feet by not attending. The 11 guys who'll be wearing our badge have still got a game to try and win, and it's only by them continuing not to do that, that will lead to our relegation-regardless of who our manager or board members are
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net