DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Board Statement
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:36

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_Statement&ID=13369

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 14:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Board Statement
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:38

Grant keeps his job.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:40

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, the amount of damage that one statement will do with regards to fan relations will be impressive. To sign off the statement with a dig at the fans? Oaft.

It's an international break, we have two weeks to find a replacement, literally the perfect time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:40

Quote:

Grant, Tue 5 Oct 14:36

There's a small part of me that's going to enjoy the seethe.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:42

A statement that doesn’t really say anything at all doesn’t really seem to back Grant individually very much and just states things have to improve and “very soon”

Not really sure what to make of that doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence hope it means that they are working behind the scenes on “plan B” as current plan seems to be keep our fingers crossed that it will get better
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:43

a couple of weeks ago if that was said they would maybe get away with it, absolutely no chance today and wont change a thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:43

Spineless, gutless, yellow...plenty more adjectives to describe the board. What a shambles. We`ll be about 10 points adrift before Guy Fawkes` Night.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:44

He has to be trolling here with that statement? Seriously?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:45

Condemning fan behaviour, also known as ignoring the voices of an apparent fan led, community club. A protest has to happen before the Kilmarnock game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:46

An embarrassing statement, blaming covid and unexpected injurys (and a goal that was given offside) to our bad start!

A statement for the sake of a statement! This is not good enough

Also in typical DAFC statement fashion, manages to have a dig at the fans

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 14:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:47

Potential new supporters.... I think keeping the ones we have at the moment will be the main concern because if this shambles continues am sure the gates will dwindle as will the clubs income... They spent time talking to Peter grant am sure most of it was listening to the dribble coming out his mouth...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  

What a clusterf**k of a statement - excuses, excuses, excuses....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  

At least that should let everyone know the German owners are backing him and clearly heavily involved in everything going on.
Telling the words are solely from Thomas Meggle. He is our sporting director and is obviously fully heading up the football side

Don’t agree with it though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:49

It wouldn’t be a board statement without having a dig at the fans, usual suspects on here will be delighted with this news. It’s an absolute disgrace we are heading into league one

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  

Money talks. They’ll change their tune when they get f*ck all walk up money next week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  

I don’t get angry too much at football related things but this has done it.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:50

Patronising at best, no chance of unity with the dig at the end.
Don`t know where to start but to say that Grant has proven in the past he can handle such a difficult situation is utter nonsense.
Board statements can be contentious but this one is incredibly devisive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:51

`Peter has proven in the past that he can handle such a difficult situation.`

Oh aye? When??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:53

Talking out my backside

Post Edited (Mon 11 Oct 12:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:53

Im more concerned that Meggle has obviously seen more off Peter Grant over the years than he has our club! The fascination with him is just becoming weird!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:54

As a fan for decades I have never once said anything along the lines of “I won’t be back until ‘x’ happens”. Even with the horrible results and inept management, if Grant was still in the job come Killie then I still would have been at EEP to support the team.
With this statement, however, I now feel like I won’t be back until something changes at the top. That statement is nothing short of delusional. 1 shot on target in our last 3 games and they have the audacity to say it’s down to bad fortune and poor officiating that we lost the match at QotS?? And to end it with a condescending dig at the fans, during one of the worst periods of Pars football I have ever witnessed, is unforgivable.
Unfortunately, I am a season ticket holder and so they already have my money for the year but hopefully my lack of attendance (along with many other season ticket holders) will be a big enough message for change. However, from the most recent board statement, I don’t hold much hope for that message getting through.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:55

Pathetic statement from the board.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 14:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:56

Blaming disallowed goals, bad luck. Anything but looking at the actual clown managing the team. I think this statement proves this chairman is not up to the job just as much as the management team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:57

If we get heavily defeated by Kilmarnock there should be a a demo in front of the main stand at the end of the game. The problem is how many will be in the ground to demonstrate. Apart from the large travelling support from Kilmarnock how many will we be there.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:58

I can’t imagine anyone on here enthused with that statement despite what is said above.

I don’t like it one bit - he should have been out the door this week - I don’t see them blaming the fans only highlighting the issues at the end of the game on Saturday there.

Very disappointing - PG has a mountain to climb and I just don’t see him climbing it, even if it’s hopeful he can.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:59

If that statement had been made after the Arbroath game? Fair enough, I still wanted him gone but I respect the idea that four games is too early.

To put that out now? Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful.

It won't come as a surprise, but considering the board couldn't pick there nose when it comes to managers, but the people they've sold the club too seem like the worst type aswell, condescending in the extreme. It's little wonder Meggle and Grant get along so well, they're the same bloke. A massively inflated opinion of there self worth and capabilities.

Scunnered beyond belief with Dunfermline, how have we sunk this low?

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 15:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 14:59

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:00

Sorry toun clock , I want be canceling anything, first and foremost I support the club, I don't agree with the boards decision but I won't put the future of the club at stake because of it

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: derekk164  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:01

A pathetic dig by the board aimed at our own fans. Some of who work all week, or even work overtime/sacrifice other things in life to be able to finance travel to away games as well as at EEP. I`ll keep my money in my wallet for the foreseeable. Please God there`s some form of protest prior to Killie game. Treating football fans with such disdain is shocking.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:01

The more times I read that statement the worse it comes!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:03

Utterly embarrassing, we’re the laughing stock of Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:04

Post Edited (Mon 11 Oct 01:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:05

Is 1-1 a win in Germany ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:05

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 05 Oct 15:00

Sorry toun clock , I want be canceling anything, first and foremost I support the club, I don't agree with the boards decision but I won't put the future of the club at stake because of it

The board are putting the clubs future at risk all by themselves. Absolutely pathetic stuff.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:06

i can kinda get what Meggle is saying....

BUT what do they think is going to happen at the Killie game especially after that statement? one win doesnt change a thing, two, three, any number of wins doesnt change a thing. they might not want to change it as they are now showing but Grant is done it is as simple as that, to leave him in place is absolutely crazy stuff!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:07

What an absolute shambles, that statement actually makes me, for the first time question the motives of the new owners.
And as per usual the customery dig at the fans....I used to like a good protest, after that, I'll just go with the utterly justified apathy.

Utter drivel.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 15:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:10

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 5 Oct 15:07

What an absolute shambles, that statement actually makes me, for the first time question the motives of the new owners.
And as per usual the customery dig at the fans....I used to like a good protest, after that, I'll just go with the utterly justified apathy.

Utter drivel.

The dig at the fans came from Ross McArthur or someone still on the board. It seems very reminiscent of his style previously when having a go at fans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:12

Lifeline cash please but keep your mouth shut

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:12

It`s not that long enough I can remember Ross having a go at players from the North West.. I remember one time my Aunt actually told him to tone his language down when letting RIP at Derek Stillie. I was just a kid but this always sticks out!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:15

If it had stopped short of the last paragraph then fine, you back him, we think he`s a dud - fair enough it`s your decision.

But slagging off the people you`re trying to win round, a small band of frustrated, angry, loyal supporters who`ve spent good money to watch another 90 minutes of absolute sh1te. That is frankly unbelievable.

I`m really really sad today, I thought we were on to a good thing with the new owners but if everything they try and say is finished off by the "old board" what is the actual point of them?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:16

The last few lines are an absolute disgrace. Low key blackmail. That statement absolutely reeks from start to finish and the fact several people have agreed it’s a good one to put out just speaks volumes of the people in charge at our club. Get the board and Grant out now before it’s too late.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:16

What is the best email to let them know that the standing order has been cancelled and why?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:17

Decent statement, fans who behave in such a manner deserve to called out, don’t like don’t go back.
Grants days are numbered but no board is going to bow to such bullying tactics by a few fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:19

Quote:

elvis_lives, Tue 5 Oct 15:16

What is the best email to let them know that the standing order has been cancelled and why?

Drew Main? I think is your best bet.

andrew@dafc.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fevs  

Totally unbelievable 🥲🥲

What now…….?

Let’s work our way back to Premier League 👌😀
[IP address logged]

Quote:

dafc, Tue 5 Oct 15:17

Decent statement, fans who behave in such a manner deserve to called out, don’t like don’t go back.
Grants days are numbered but no board is going to bow to such bullying tactics by a few fans.

No one believes you Ross.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:20

Absolutely flabbergasted
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:20

That's my Lifeline cancelled. No need for the dig at the fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:21

Into double figures now for folk that I’ve seen have cancelled their lifeline today. An absolute PR disaster from Mcarthur & co. They’ll get it full pelt next Saturday and rightly so.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:22

It’s weird that as claimed fans they do not understand football is a habit, something you do week in week out. When something happens to break that habit it’s incredibly hard to get people to change back because that time has been absorbed by something else.

I’ve now stopped watching this season and my Saturdays are very full with new activities. Plan was still to have our annual big day out in hospitality which is 15+ covers but the consensus is nah let’s do something else. This is all income that’s been pretty much guaranteed for decades and I can’t be the only one.

It’s not the 60’s when there was less to do and football was the weekends highlight, there are many competing leisure opportunities taking time and money & going to see the Pars is a choice which is not a very appealing one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:22

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:23

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Tue 5 Oct 15:16

The last few lines are an absolute disgrace. Low key blackmail. That statement absolutely reeks from start to finish and the fact several people have agreed it’s a good one to put out just speaks volumes of the people in charge at our club. Get the board and Grant out now before it’s too late.

Everything else apart, I didnt catch him slagging the supporters. He was referring to the over reactions by a few who most of us on here also criticised.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:24

Why are we blaming officials? The goal was definitely offside and apart from that we had 0 shots on target…..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:24

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 05 Oct 15:23

Quote:

Everything else apart, I didnt catch him slagging the supporters. He was referring to the over reactions by a few who most of us on here also criticised.

How did I know you’d be on here defending him? get out his a*se min.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRJ1986  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:25

Shambles

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:29

Read the room parrot christ. You and your wee happy clapper pals from the RM thread looking pretty outnumbered now as most eluded to. This is not a minority voice and it is being treated as such. Still no personal vendettas I can see, just fans not accepting a pathetic, spineless, distasteful statement condemning their voices as fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:29

The dig at the fans is what made me cancel my lifeline. It was going to take something quite spectacular for me to cancel it, and my God that was it in spades.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:31

Really poor statement. Biggest disconnect between club/fans since the Ian Munro/Leishman debacle 30 years ago. I’m a walk up fan but will give Kilmarnock game a miss, players are going through the motions IMO and don’t believe in Grant. Kelty and league 1 here we come!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:32

Parrot you’re defending the indefensible here. Look at the reaction, you are in a very very tiny minority now regarding this chairman. He has to go, this club won’t progress until he does.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:33

That is absolute howler of a statement by a Board of Directors who are an absolute laughing stock.

You seriously need to question what is going on with the new board members after reading that.

Then they end it with putting the boot in to the supporters.

Never felt so disconnected with the club as I do right now.

That's 3 Lifeline memberships getting cancelled here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:33

Thank god Meggle has done his analysis and decided that bottom of the league is fine so long as the manager and players are working hard.

We have no central midfield and our attaching options out wide are poor. I’m not sure how this is going to change without either breaking a habit and brining in players who are actually good enough or getting something from players that the manager has already alienated.

Wonder where meggles analysis was earlier in the season when mehmet and Graham shipped goals for about 3-4 games in a row. It’s always reactive.

Grant signed players to play a 352 formation and having reverted back to 442 we’re left with the likes of dorrans and Cole who can’t play in a 442 as no legs and pybus who works hard but offers nothing on the ball, we’re overloaded with defenders, we could let Graham, breen and leon Jones leave with zero impact on the squad.

It stinks. Grant his own worst enemy with those signings, none of them are remotely capable to get him out of this and that’s on him.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 15:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:36

"The coaching team put the focus on the defence in order to reduce the number of goals conceded so that we would have a better opportunity to win games."

Well it does help when you drop a goalie and defender who are as good as starting two goals down and bin a formation that had multiple players playing out of position. I didn`t think it would take the whole coaching team 6+ games to fathom that out.

"Peter has proven in the past that he can handle such a difficult situation"

Absolute bull$hit. In what position was this acheived? He`s been a failure as a coach and a manager everywhere he`s been FFS.

"However, the events of the last few weeks have certainly not made for a positive portrayal of our club to our new investors and potential new sponsors"

Whereas the the on-field performances have?? Absolute nonsense - I`m pretty sure a dozen angry supporters at the end of a game would be less of a concern to them than relegation to League One and the financial ruin that would go with it.

"The board would like to state that the behaviour of a handful of supporters at the end of Saturday`s match was completely unacceptable"

Was this really necessary? I am pretty sure I would have struggled to contain my anger if I`d just wasted £50+ and a full day travelling up and down the length of the country to witness that performance. Ignorance is sometimes bliss, unfortunately the board can notice a dozen fans hurling abuse but can`t somehow notice that Peter Grant was an utterly horrendous appointment and somehow believe he is the right man to take us out of the position we are in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:36

That statement reads like a massive GIRFUY to the supporters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:40

Absolute disgrace of a statement!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  

I would strongly urge you to retain the lifeline contributions, please, as a fan to a group of fans.

It makes a point, absolutely, but truth is it’s counter productive, that money is still absolutely necessary for the running of our club, do I like the way things are going, absolutely not, do I like the way the money has been spent, obviously not, but we need to think bigger picture. If results continue, PG will leave and the new manager will come into a difficult position worsened by level of disposable income, once folk cancel their payments it will be more difficult to get them back on board.

Protest, go for it, don’t go to the games assuming you’re ST holders, fine, just think bigger picture.

It’s not a dig, not trying to provoke as I’m as annoyed as everyone else.

As for the statement, I actually agree with GJS93, not what fans wanted to hear, not surprised, but reading their comments, i understood the reasoning, our defence has improved etc.

Board are clearly being patient and personally, I do think they are clutching at straws and if it doesn’t turnaround it’s going to turn really bad, if it can get worse for them.

Those last few lines though, I’m astonished at the way they’ve written that, they must condemn the fans reactions lately, was expecting that but it’s so poorly written or it is deliberate and is a massive FU to the fans.

This could’ve been avoided, potentially without a sacking if the Board came out earlier, backed their manager earlier, probably at the time he was on the news, they were radio silent, they didn’t get in front of the problem, they’ve waited until now.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the board are keeping PG out of spite, not wanting to bow down to the pressure from fans even though they know it’s the right decision.

‘Not made a positive portrayal of our club to our new investors and potential new Sponsors’

They are truly going to regret saying that.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 15:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  

Shocking statement.

Of course we could have dug out a point at queens, or a win. We didn`t. Similarly it sounds from what I`ve heard we could easily have lost v Morton and Raith. Didn`t OFW make big saves v ICT and Accies recently. Didn`t Arbroath have a strong penalty appeal and a disallowed goal v us as well. What we have picked up could have been even less had not been for the opponents having more luck. The pundits on bbc scotland could see the players didn`t no what they were doing!

Covid? Many teams have had Covid issues, and wasn`t Peter Grants performance in spite of covid at Alloa a factor in him being so great in the boards eyes.

Injuries? Are they that bad? McCann has never scored for us, Martin for as good as he is didn`t play in the play off reaching team of last season. Wilson is a loss, but hardly Liverpool losing Salah/Van Dijk or something. Dow has been back for ages. Injuries beyond this have not been outrageous or unusual.

Lewis Vaughan is out for the season, and Raith seem to have rallied well!

I sort of get the last paragraph, at least in sentiment, but that could have been worded better. Showing understanding of wheres it coming from, maybe outlining that some expectations have been put on the manager and players could have helped. As it is it has "just stop moaning" feel to it.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  

Does anyone know who that statement actually benefits?

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:41

Tell you what though.

If they weren't happy with a handful of supporters telling Peter Grant to gtf, they're going to be raging when a few hundred are telling the board to gtf next Saturday.

Such a massive own goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:43

I think it’s a really poor statement and whoever has written it/signed it off has really misread the room.

Blaming covid/injuries as if every club in the world isn’t dealing with these situations, never mind in our league, is bizarre. Blaming officials for disallowing a goal, that did look offside, is Old Firm level content.

I kind of get the stuff about fans. But I also think it’s very wrong. The abuse of Dorrans was unacceptable after the Ayr match. However, since then I have not been aware of players being abused during matches etc. Until Saturday, I certainly felt that the fans were behind the players at every game since Ayr. For the board to be trying to suggest otherwise seems really poor.

I’m not aware of Peter Grant ever getting out of a tricky situation as manager. Can anyone point me to that?

If there has been abuse of directors/the chairman, that’s uncalled for and should be called out/criticised. However, I still say that they are deserving of criticism when they get things wrong. They may do it on a voluntary basis, but they have still taken on the responsibility of running a football club. They would accept the credit when they get things right and should accept criticism where they get things wrong. However, if criticism goes beyond football/the club, that’s wrong and if it ever gets personal, that is wrong.

The last sentence about recent weeks not attracting new sponsors - I can agree with that. Why would anyone want to sponsor a team who has managed a total of one shot on target in 3 games and is rotting away at the bottom of the league?

A sharp turnaround is needed, we are all in agreement. If it turns out that this is correct, I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and give the board the credit they deserve for that. However, a lengthy statement basically absolving themselves/the manager of blame and turning the blame around to the fans is not going to improve supporter engagement/mood at all. That was very poorly judged.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:46

On the voluntary piece I agree with what Grant said on another thread, that’s all fair and well if they are deemed competent and doing a good job, if they aren’t then I’d rather pay someone to do the job.

Being ‘free’ isn’t always good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:46

You can put out a statement backing the manager and criticising the OTT behaviour of a minority.

The statement today is not an example of how to do that though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:50

The more times I read that board statement the angrier I get.

It’s so delusional and divisive.

Thank goodness there’s an international weekend!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:52

"At the beginning of the season we saw entertaining and successful football"

We beat up two awful teams that aren't in our division and Partick Thistle had a disastrous spell during the game that gifted us goals, for the rest of the game we were mostly outplayed, we offered 0 resistance to St Mirren. We have not once shown this season we can dominate a game in this division for a prolonged spell.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:52

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Tue 5 Oct 15:40

As I said in the other thread a statement would more than likely make things worse..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:54

I’m just sat like did this actually happen ?

How can they get it so wrong

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:54

Quote:

londonparsfan, Tue 5 Oct 15:52

Quote:

As I said in the other thread a statement would more than likely make things worse..

A statement off
"The board are aware of the fans ill feelings, however currently at this time we're still behind the manager and back him to turn it around"

Would've sufficed, brevity is your friend.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:56

Worst OG since paolo vanoli

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pastry  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:56

said it from day one this manager is not good enough and yet we still signed him, this statement is shocking and will massively backfire on this club.

adam fillon-payoux
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 15:57

Well that is a massive 2 fingers shown to the fans.
Somewhere down the line this statement will boot the board right up the erse.

Half of it clutched at straws, offside goals blah blah blah and the other half basically told us to shut and get on with it...utter shambles.

Poor statement 😢

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:00

Topic Originator: Grant like | nolike Like: 2
Date: Tue 5 Oct 15:41

Tell you what though.

If they weren`t happy with a handful of supporters telling Peter Grant to gtf, they`re going to be raging when a few hundred are telling the board to gtf next Saturday.

Such a massive own goal

First thing that came to me as well Grant.

McArthur for all the good he has done is fast undoing it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:00

"Both myself and the Chairman had a long chat with Peter on Sunday, and he continues to be up for the fight and is desperate to succeed but understands results have to change, and quickly.“

What does that "and quickly" mean? Does he have to beat Kilmarnock or he`s gone. Some pressure on the players that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:01

Quote:

Grant, Tue 5 Oct 15:54

Quote:

Quote:

A statement off
"The board are aware of the fans ill feelings, however currently at this time we're still behind the manager and back him to turn it around"

Admittedly way better than what was put out but it wouldn't have appeased people that want him gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:01

Turn up at 5:45.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:02

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Tue 5 Oct 15:24

Quote:

Quote:

You didn't, because I didn't. I just pointed out he wasnt referring to all the fans. Just the over the top ones....and we did also say they were out of order.

Calm doon min.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:02

"What does that "and quickly" mean? Does he have to beat Kilmarnock or he`s gone. Some pressure on the players that"

beat Killie then lose the next game, then what? said it a few times, no amount of wins can change it, he is done, they might not want to sack him but they have to cause it is never going to work!!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:04

Quote:

londonparsfan, Tue 5 Oct 16:01

Quote:

Grant, Tue 5 Oct 15:54

Quote:

Quote:

A statement off

Admittedly way better than what was put out but it wouldn't have appeased people that want him gone.

No it wouldn't have, but then you just have people annoyed at the decision.

What you have now is that people are so angry at the content of the statement, and what was written they are cancelling lifelines, boycotting games etc. Keeping Grant on would've been an unpopular decision that would've been a bit of a bin fire, that statement has just added a ton of petrol into the mix.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:05

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 5 Oct 16:02

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Tue 5 Oct 15:24

Quote:

Quote:

You didn't, because I didn't. I just pointed out he wasnt referring to all the fans. Just the over the top ones....and we did also say they were out of order.

Calm doon min.

Who's "we"? They were shouting at the manager to gtf. On the contrary I've seen fans of other teams ask if there was another incident because the one put on twitter was fairly standard.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foxypar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:06

Just thinking that myself.

As a fan who has grown up with the elders telling me about how Dunfermline was an ambitious club, and seeing the club go through highs and lows. This is the lowest of the low (exc administration) I have seen it in. My Dad was telling me that the worst team he had seen was in the 80s and this team now is on that level. What did the fans do back then? Was anything needing done because we had better folk in charge? I don`t know, however today that statement was released and never have I felt so disappointed, angry, and rejected as a fan. Absolutely disgraceful.

So what is next for us so called `unacceptable and abusive` fans who spend time and our hard earned cash to watch a team we have grown up with and supported?

FP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:07

Lifeline cancelled!! Absolute disgrace of a club at the minute.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:09

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_10/6DE3FE39-1813-47D5-B378-19EAF098B9A6.thumb.jpeg.8f16e0116831ebf9dee42bf26001d578.jpeg

That's the goal that the board are trying to claim isn't offisde.

Either Meggle is an idiot, or he thinks the fans are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:09

Whoever strongly urged people to keep their lifelines going, if the Germans can throw fans they’ve known 2 minutes under the bus then they can cover the shortfall created. Football without the fans is nothing and the club deserves nothing from the fans after making that statement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:13

Another PR car crash of a statement. Blame everyone bar the manager.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:14

International break was the time to change things, NOT back the "manager"(?)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:19

I've worked in marketing and PR for nearly 20 years and that's the worst statement I've ever read. And that includes a guy who we later discovered didn't know what PR was!

There's ways to make exactly the same points but word it in a way that isn't throwing petrol on what's a pretty big fire already.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:20

Having re-read it a few times I’m just completely at a loss as to why it’s been released seems a total lose lose in releasing it.
If you are going to back him a bit longer go directly to the press say manager still has boards full backing and leave it at that. Really does feel like they are sticking two fingers up to the fans in trying to defend the indefensible and justify the inaction.
Given the amount of resentment for Grant at the moment a statement like that was always going to rile the support further.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:21

Ross is a business man, putting that statement out makes no business sense whats so ever!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rawpars  

So let me get this straight the board criticize a handful of loyal fans who have made a round trip of 200 miles.

Shameful

Absolutely bloody shameful.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  

It really is bizarre, it’s like sending the angry email you type at work before deleting the content and then writing the real one that is the right way to do things that you actually do send.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:22

Just read it again - far too much p*sh in it.

Fair enough back the manager to turn it around. There was no legitimate goal scored on Saturday, it is highly debatale that we saw "entertaining and successful football" when we beat 2 part time teams in the league cup & the whold fkn planet is dealing with Covid!

The last bit is 150% RM, no doubt whatsoever

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:25

Dunfermline is no longer the club I know and love. We are now a total mess of an institution. Won`t be back for a long time. Not even about Grant any more for me. The board have threw us all under the bus with that statement, and they cannot be forgiven.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:26

Wow.. just wow. What a way to lose the fans and create an even more toxic atmosphere for our next game. This statement is an absolute disgrace and so far away from reality. They are blaming everyone but themselves. There is zero evidence of Grant turning this around. You just had to listen to the pundits on BBC Scotland (a neutral viewpoint) who said the players looked lost under Grant. Everyone sees it but them. The board have successfully shattered the confidence of many fans who put so much money into the club with that last paragraph and it will take some time to rebuild any bridges. They truly think they`re better than the fans. I seriously would not be surprised if they`re against sacking Grant purely because the fans want it. It`s became so petty.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:30

The order of decline under Peter Grant :

1. Gates keep on falling.
2. More and more people leave the lifeline.
3. Relegation to league 1.
4. Very few season tickets sold.
5. Gates continue to fall.
6. Club goes into administration.
7. All full time players are released.
8. Club goes part-time.
9. Very few points won.
10. Administration means many points lost.
11. Relegation to League 2.

Or, after next week's defeat. Peter Grant leaves.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:31

I`ve not really felt comfortable heading back to East End yet, but that`s a different story.

What I have done is buy every stream available exclusively on PARS TV since the pandemic began all the while looking forward to some normality and a return to live in person viewing.

Slowly, over the last few weeks, I`ve been a little more more reluctant to get these streams because of the dismal displays but I have managed (just) to keep going as I see it as supporting the club financially.

That statement is the final nail in the coffin for me........won`t be buying again, and I sure a heck won`t be attending.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:36

The statement today shows what is all wrong with the club . A BOD who a too far up there own arsenal to even admit there mistakes and to blame fans for showing there frustration...

After 40 yrs I`ll not be back to this so called community club.

I am forever black and white and will always be, but won`t set another foot in that ground until there`s massive change from the BOD down.

Maybe doing a job at professional club a business for nothing is half the problem.
If it had been a payed employment and they came out with that statement.
They would have been issued with a p45.
Dont ever forget a club without fans don`t exist they are your most prized asset
And before you say it`s fans that run the club.

NOT IN MY BOOK ITS NOT

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:41

16,000 views on the website :o

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:42

PG has proven he can handle these situations,!!!!!! when ? He didn,t do to well as Alloa slipped adrift at the bottom of the league last season Won 5/27 scored 30 goals and shipped 60, Doesn,t look like he handled that one to well.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:48

The thing is the Board in that article address directly to the handful of fans at the QOTS game initially but then end it with ‘the events of the last few weeks have certainly not made for a positive portrayal…etc.’

So it’s not just the Saturday game then…

RossDAFC, was me that urged to not cancel lifelines, I wouldn’t bank on the Germans covering any shortfall, more likely they up sticks and sell if that turned into a longer term requirement. If the fans aren’t bought into it, where’s the incentive for them.

As for when the board reference ‘quickly’ he’ll get another three games I’d suggest, after coming out with that hideous statement you can’t sack him if we get beat off of Kilmarnock, as if we were on form Killie would still be favourites.

It’s actually not about Grant for me now, his arrogance don’t get me wrong absolutely tripped him up but boy I bet he’s learnt from that and he won’t be doing that again. I have no doubt he is doing everything in his power to turn this around.

I’d be more inclined to see the back of RM more than Grant if that was him with that last paragraph. He doesn’t want us to focus on it, more important matters like getting results but they know fine well still dropping that in is fuelling a fire that is already getting out of control.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 16:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:50

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:51

Football without fans is nothing banner should be present at next game remind the bod of that. As a fan I`ve never felt so far away from the club.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:54

I have to agree with the majority that this is a shocker of a statement in the current climate.

As stated a few times above a simple call for unity and support whilst confirming that the manager has been made aware that results need to improve quickly would have done. I actually am quite proud of the fact that our board give managers more than a fair chance to get it right before pulling the trigger and that we are not a soulless Watford but the statement in general is a hand grenade thrown into the home stands.

The excuses looked like poor excuses and the dig at frustrated and angry fans was just financial suicide even if you agree or disagree with the point of view.

Even as a current board supporter and the fact they are giving Grant more time ( he can only have 2 / 3 more games max) which for some I understand is 2 / 3 games too many, this statement is counter productive and left me shaking my head.

I would end by saying that I wont stop financially supporting the club where I can ( I didn`t when Tam Forsyth, Pat Stanton, Jocky Scott, Ian Munro were managers and the team were rotten as I then become part of a big problem rather than part of the solution to keeping My Club afloat long term.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  

I work with German’s every day of my life. Once a plan is set in motion and a system is in place, German people find it hard to react even when a plan is going badly wrong.
I am not saying this is a bad thing. In many aspects of life it is very good as the principles of life depend typically on good rules.
The negative side of it can sometimes lead to what I see here. They are blindsided to certain aspects of their potential decision as the fan response is outside of their expectation. The favourite phrase I hear from German people is “it cannot be”. I know there are people on this forum who work and live in Germany who may experience this or have different opinions, but I can understand how they came to their decision based upon German principles.
I along with many others think it is the wrong one, but only time will tell as they support the manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  

That last paragraph is an absolute doozy. It's basically a threat to the fans. Who the hell would ever say that was a good idea.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:55

How to win friends and influence people is a self help book published in 1936.
Over 30 million copies have been sold worldwide,obviously the person that put out this recent statement didn`t buy or read a copy.
What a car crash and own goal of a statement to alienate the very supporters who are the lifeblood of this club,just beggars belief.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:57

It's a disappointing statement, and appears tone-deaf - perhaps that is because it was largely written by someone for whom English is not his first language - although the whole Board will have had the opportunity to input.

I do agree with Grant's comment earlier on this thread that a shorter, less defensive and less confrontational statement would have been much better. Here's my version.

"The Board, the manager, the players and the fans all recognise that on-field results and performances this season have been well below what were expected.
Understandably, many fans believe changing the manager now would give the best chance of improving the situation, but the Board is not convinced of this and we still believe Peter Grant is the correct man to lead a recovery this season. Everyone in DAFC is united in our determination to move up the league table, and we believe we can do so.
We would ask our loyal fans, whether or not they agree with the Board's decision, to continue backing the players on the pitch as they give their all to the cause. COYP!"

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 16:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:00

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 05 Oct 16:57

It's a disappointing statement, and appears tone-deaf - perhaps that is because it was largely written by someone for whom English is not his first language - although the whole Board will have had the opportunity to input.

I do agree with Grant's comment earlier on this thread that a shorter, less defensive and less confrontational statement would have been much better. Here's my version.

"The Board, the manager, the players and the fans all recognise that on-field results and performances this season have been well below what were expected.
Understandably, many fans believe changing the manager now would give the best chance of improving the situation, but the Board is not convinced of this and we still believe Peter Grant is the correct man to lead a recovery this season. Everyone in DAFC is united in our determination to move up the league table, and we believe we can do so. We would ask our loyal fans, whether or not they agree with the Board's decision, to continue backing the players on the pitch as they give their all to the cause. COYP!"

Something along those lines would have been acceptable to be honest. Too late for it to be taken down and replaced with this?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:01

I posted at the weekend , that in 57 years of supporting the Pars that I'd never felt so disconnected from them .
I feel even more disconnected now .
Cheers Mr Mcarthur .
You've got my money for this season but don't count on getting any more from me 😞 .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:04

See after reading that statement I’m not even ashamed to say that while on the train to Carlisle on Saturday on route to Dumfries me and my dad made the decision to go and watch carlisle play instead enjoyed the match and managed to watch a game of football without being totally enraged at what was playing out in front of me and if that’s the two fingered salute the fans get from the bod then they can away and whistle they get feck all from me until a change is made if that means away games only and or going to watch Kelty on a Saturday when we play at home or doing something else non football related then so be it

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:08

The bit that seems to have miffed off the fans is the bit at the end which looks like it came from the remainder of the board/RM which was absolutely unnecessary.

The wording of it is totally different to that of Thomas Meggles and whilst I disagree with some of his comments thought his rationale was reasonable for keeping him on. I’d stick my neck out again and say if it was just Meggles quote in the statement it wouldn’t have gone down as bad and there’d be a smidgen of more positivity/backing.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 17:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:10

I`ve said pretty much the same on here & P&B Berry.

Whoever wrote that last paragraph needs a break from DAFC for his/her own sake.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 05 Oct 17:10

I`ve said pretty much the same on here & P&B Berry.

Whoever wrote that last paragraph needs a break from DAFC for his/her own sake.

Agreed, and what’s worse…bloody Kingdom FM knew first.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:14

The last paragraph is definitely from McArthur. Never hear from that roaster unless he's wanting to put the boot into the fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:18

They have merely delayed the inevitable. By how many games, who knows, but is definitely going to happen and my guess it will be sooner than later because there is no way I can see Grant turning this round.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:18

Or unless he has the begging bowl out for fans to buy season tickets etc

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:19

Quote:

Berry, Tue 5 Oct 17:08

The bit that seems to have miffed off the fans is the bit at the end which looks like it came from the remainder of the board/RM which was absolutely unnecessary.

The wording of it is totally different to that of Thomas Meggles and whilst I disagree with some of his comments thought his rationale was reasonable for keeping him on. I’d stick my neck out again and say if it was just Meggles quote in the statement it wouldn’t have gone down as bad and there’d be a smidgen of more positivity/backing.

Just to be clear, the Thomas Meggle bit is also total nonsense, is rational isn't just flawed, at a point its a flat out lie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:19

I see where they're coming from but it's a very poor statement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:22

I remember years back when he was trying to blame the young fans in the north west for our poor performances. I couldn’t believe it. These are the fans you need for the future.

I don’t know if anyone advises him on these statements but they are truly embarrassing. No other club in the country blames their own fans for poor performances.

He has to go along with Grant. Enough is enough.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:24

Proof that the problems at OUR club lie much deeper than the manager.

Car crash of a statement and a dig at fans once again, is this designed to drive fans away, because that will be the outcome.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:26

Is it really though Grant?

We did play entertaining and successful football at the start, yes opposition was poor but can only beat what’s in front of you. I found it entertaining anyway.

A lot of our earlier matches we did lose to horrible individual errors, losing possession in stupid positions.

They have focussed on defence and it has improved, and they need to find the balance between that and offence now, I think that is also fair.

The bit I disagree with is the section where he goes into if we had a bit of luck, thats nonsense, we’ve been lucky not to lose by more.

I have no doubt PG is also doing his best, also agree with the principle that continuity is what a club needs, don’t agree it should be with PG though.

It isn’t all a load of nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:38

"Sorry toun clock , I want be canceling anything, first and foremost I support the club, I don`t agree with the boards decision but I won`t put the future of the club at stake because of it"

If we get relegated that`s surely more damaging to the future of the club than a few direct debits being cancelled?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:50

To be frank, I'm still behind Peter Grant. I think it would be unfair to relieve him of his duties so early in the season, Rome wasn't built in a day. There has been an improvement defensively and he is a decent coach to help mould this young team.
I'm quite pleased that Meggle has backed him to get on with the job in hand, the statement could have been worddd better to put the matter to rest.
It is pretty clear that the last part has been written by RM, as it has a similar style to previous attacks on the fans. In light of the folk on here flinging the toys out the pram and cancelling Lifeline contributions, it might have been better just to haud his wheesht.
That said, you can understand his frustration, as there has been some personal comments on here and elsewhere about him that I feel have overstepped the mark. To be honest, if that was aimed at me, I would walk away.
If the fans don't want him there, perhaps the fans will be willing to fork out the several hundred thousand pounds it will take to employ people to do the work RM and others do for free.
By cancelling the Lifeline subscription and boycotting games, it ensures funds won't be available to pay off Grant anyway, so probably keeps him in a job longer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:00

As soon as I started to read that statement I just went straight to the last paragraph as I just knew there would be some kind of attack on the fans. It’s out of control now.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 18:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:01

Stv news covering it now on tv
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:04

On another note. 22k views on a statement that was only put out this afternoon.
Just shows the potential and fan base thus club has i. Just magine if you just showed a bit of respect and listened to the support what crowds you would get at East end

[IP address logged]

It really is Berry.

"“at the beginning of the season we saw entertaining and successful football. Unfortunately, we couldn`t take the style and results into the Championship.

I analyse every week with the coaching team how we can improve the team`s performance over and over again. In our earlier matches, individual mistakes, losing possession in dangerous spaces and lack of defensive compactness played
a big role in why we couldn`t win games"

We saw entertaining and successful football against Stenny (Had the largest turnover of any team in Scotland and we played them while they were still gelling) and Dumbarton (They were absolutely eviscerated by Covid when we played them, had to play amateurs), however defensively we still look open.

We played successful football against Partick Thistle in that we won the game but it wasn`t entertaining, even in PG post match interview he conceded we should`ve been 2/3 down before we scored our first against the run off play, all told we were on top for maybe 20 minutes, thankfully we absolutely red lined and got four goals! Would I take that every week? absolutely. Is that likely to happen every week? No.

Against St Mirren we were thoroughly pumped, honestly lucky it wasn`t a trouncing.

So into the championship season we go! We looked good against part time sides, less so against the two full time sides. However despite Meggle apparently analysing every week it would take 5 games, where we conceded 16 goals for his fantastic analytical skills to figure out that our shape didn`t work. It was clear from the Morton first half that our shape wasn`t working, that the squad was in balanced, that we didn`t have a centre midfield pairing that would work in a 523, and that the players were horribly coached because they had no idea what they were doing, either defensively or going forward.

"Relatively quickly, these goals were achieved from a defensive perspective. Our opponents scored only two goals in the last four games. With a little bit of luck and a better exploitation of our scoring chances, we could have won one or two games"

We did only concede two goals in the last four games, however at the expense where we are totally insipid going forward, we`ve had 1 shot on target in the last 3 games and our most impressive player has been our goalkeeper, there`s no luck involved that get`s us a couple of wins in those instances, none whatsoever. What scoring chances have we had? Does anyone seriously think we deserved a couple of wins?

"Covid interruptions, bad luck with injuries and issues out with the Manager’s control are not excuses, they are valid reasons."

They are awful excuses, literally every manager in the country deals with these.

"Unfortunately, we lost Saturday’s game against Queen of the South when we could easily have won the match if a legitimate goal had not been disallowed."

Outright LIE number 1, the screenshot from our very own highlights proves i

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  

Oooft they scored an own goal with that statement

It seems the reasons are written by Meggle but the remainder of that statement is clearly RM as he mentions new investors at the end of statement which Meggle clearly wouldn`t have wrote. I have avoided being critical of him as tbh he has given alot to Dunfermline Athletic.

The way I read it was after what I seen on twitter of fans at the end of QoS game giving verbal and had to be held back by stewards was what he was meaning but His wording in the statement is extremely poor.

I am beginning to wonder if Inverness had a point in may 2020....aggressive and confrontational.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:05

Outright LIE number 1, the screenshot from our very own highlights proves it was offside, I said earlier that Meggle either is an idiot, or he`s hoping that the fans reading this nonsense are.

"However, I see how much the team is already fighting for the club and the team, and Peter and the coaching team are working tirelessly to turn things around. I believe that we can only overcome this situation by all of us sticking together."

That is the only situation? Only by sticking by Peter Grant we can get through this?

" when you are not winning games confidence is affected, but positive encouragement rather than criticism is what we need from the stands at this moment as that will help us as a club."

Dig number 1 at the fans.

"But after my analysis, I believe we need time for the measures to take effect. Peter has proven in the past that he can handle such a difficult situation."

Thomas Meggle is very smart and he wants you to know this, despite the fact that his analysis is absolutely bullpoop. Also LIE number two, Grant got relegated last season.

"Both myself and the Chairman had a long chat with Peter on Sunday, and he continues to be up for the fight"

Really? Because his post match interview made it sound like he was desperate for a payoff.

"is desperate to succeed but understands results have to change, and quickly.“

And this is just bizarre, so how quick is quickly? If he loses against Kilmarnock do we sack him then? Despite them being the toughest fixture in the league and despite us putting out this statement? Probably not. So what about the following week? We`re playing Partick away, another difficult fixture we`re unlikely to win, maybe then? Probably not, because we then play Raith at home on the Tuesday, another difficult fixture I don`t see us winning, so maybe then? Have you ever seen a manager sacked between a midweek game and a weekend game?

At the very least he`s given Peter Grant another 3-4 fixtures, needlessly, it also means that when we do sack him we`ll be appointing a manager when we`ve got a game every weekend, rather than using this international break.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:07

"To be frank, I`m still behind Peter Grant. I think it would be unfair to relieve him of his duties so early in the season, Rome wasn`t built in a day. There has been an improvement defensively and he is a decent coach to help mould this young team."

This team isn`t that young, certainly not by Scottish championship standards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:09

Meggle is obviously watching the games and his insight into what they've been working on is really good to see.

The rest is a disgrace.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:16

The thing that worried me is that it's suggesting Meggle is assessing things. Isn't that the manager and coaches responsibility? This starts to sound a bit like a certain gent at Hearts who was pulling the strings as Director of Football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:17

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Tue 05 Oct 14:50

Patronising at best, no chance of unity with the dig at the end.
Don`t know where to start but to say that Grant has proven in the past he can handle such a difficult situation is utter nonsense.
Board statements can be contentious but this one is incredibly devisive.

When PG took over at Norwich they were in a relegation battle and he kept them up, I suspect that’s what Meggle’s referring to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:19

You’re taking the messages to suit your narrative though.

He isn’t saying that is the only solution, where did he say that? If they think they can find a solution with the existing manager in place then that’s surely preferred from their perspective.

Encouragement over criticism isn’t a dig at fans, it’s poorly worded but that isn’t the premise of the message, stating the obvious that going to the Killie game ready to just go mental ain’t going to help matters on the pitch.

PG and difficult situations, I’ve not looked deep into his career, where does it say in particular to last season though?

They met on Sunday, yes, the day that comes after Saturday. You are judging PG off of a reaction immediately post another defeat, ofcourse he’s going to be down in the dumps. Not desperate for a payoff, desperate to succeed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:23

Quote:

Grant, Tue 5 Oct 14:36

They totally miss the point on the QoS game, yes it was close and could have went either way but it was two terrible teams. Other than the chalked off goal we done nothing so any analysis should be a considered view of the whole game not our only real scoring attempt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:25

Meggle must of found Peter’s stash. What a load of drivel!
The board & our new German friends are making themselves a laughing stock. We’ve not looked like winning a game since the league started. The quality & entertainment value of the football is rock bottom.
Won’t be going or watching as I have other things I can spend my cash on at the weekend..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:36

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 05 Oct 16:57

Understandably, many fans believe changing the manager now would give the best chance of improving the situation, but the Board is not convinced of this and we still believe Peter Grant is the correct man to lead a recovery this season. Everyone in DAFC is united in our determination to move up the league table, and we believe we can do so.
We would ask our loyal fans, whether or not they agree with the Board's decision, to continue backing the players on the pitch as they give their all to the cause. COYP!"

Very many Germans I’ve met are more than proficient with the English language, both spoken and written.

I don’t see that as an issue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:37

What is more worrying is maybe some of the players wanted him out so they could start fresh. We will soon see what they think about today’s unexplainable statement/decision
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:45

Struggling to find anything in the statement that I, as a fan, can construe as " a dig" or " putting the boot in" . To the fans who constantly slate the board from the terraces or from behind their keyboard: what`s wrong? Did you get a bit back? Awwww, shame.

And what good is cancelling your lifeline going to do?

Grant got his tactics and personnel all wrong at the start of the season . He`s recognised this and it`s a bit like an oil tanker trying to turn round at the moment.
Deserves another few games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:54

Quote:

1985Par, Tue 05 Oct 18:45

Struggling to find anything in the statement that I, as a fan, can construe as " a dig" or " putting the boot in" . To the fans who constantly slate the board from the terraces or from behind their keyboard: what`s wrong? Did you get a bit back? Awwww, shame.

And what good is cancelling your lifeline going to do?

Grant got his tactics and personnel all wrong at the start of the season . He`s recognised this and it`s a bit like an oil tanker trying to turn round at the moment.
Deserves another few games.

Something is really strange about your posts .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:00

"Something is really strange about your posts ."

Yes, they do look a bit incongruous, in this echo chamber of a thread.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:03

Falkirk or Rovers fan at the windup would be my guess.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:10

That statement is beyond embarrassing. Bad enough with the covid and injury excuses but to have a pop at the fans beggars belief. So many fans are rightly disillusioned and I think that will be the final straw for quite a few

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:19

I'm quite surprised at today's developments. Peter Grant's post match comments on Saturday, suggested he knew his time was up. I thought if there was an announcement from the club this week, it would be to confirm that the manager would be leaving the Pars. The absence of any statement would have indicated that he would carry on for the time being.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this statement has antagonised many fans who use this site and by extension, a significant proportion of the fan base. Much work will be required to bring these disaffected fans back onside. The team embarking on a long unbeaten run would be a good start.....

I won't be cancelling my Lifeline subscription because I believe that would be counter productive to what we all want to see - a big improvement on the park - but I respect the right of fellow fans to do so if they judge that to be the best way forward.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:34

Awful statement. Genuinely lost for words. Had a few non-Pars fans message me today basically laughing at it. Embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:42

"The team embarking on a long unbeaten run would be a good start....."

was it 18 games under Crawford and what happened at the first defeat? get rid etc etc. Grant is never recovering from the start of the season, it is over and after that decision/statement things just got a million times worse for both him and the board. absolutely crazy stuff! today was a chance to cool things down and get folk back onside, not the complete opposite which is all they have achieved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:45

When did we go 18 unbeaten with Crawford and how many of those were wins?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:51

500 comments now on the clubs Facebook post and you’d be lucky if there was a single positive one. Every single person saying the same thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:01

I was surprised by this, but we had 4 unbeaten at the end of the abandoned 2019/20 season and 11 at the start of the 2020/21 season. Throw in 3 friendlies and you get to 18. Twelve wins, I think.

I think the point here was that it`s almost impossible to build up footballing capital with some people if you are a manager.

Not sure all the board resigning is a practical option.

I would assume Drew is well aware of the strength of feeling and will have communicated this to his fellow members of the board. The ball is back in their court.

In the meantime, Stanza or Rusty for Comms Manager?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:05

Like it or not the board has provided a statement backing PG. Not what many posters on here wanted but the new owners and Chairman have made their decision. At this stage, the only option I see is to get behind the team to see if things can be turned around. Alternatively vote with your feet.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 20:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:13

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Tue 5 Oct 20:01

I was surprised by this, but we had 4 unbeaten at the end of the abandoned 2019/20 season and 11 at the start of the 2020/21 season. Throw in 3 friendlies and you get to 18. Twelve wins, I think.

I think the point here was that it`s almost impossible to build up footballing capital with some people if you are a manager.

Not sure all the board resigning is a practical option.

I would assume Drew is well aware of the strength of feeling and will have communicated this to his fellow members of the board. The ball is back in their court.

In the meantime, Stanza or Rusty for Comms Manager?

I'd do it for free if I had the time!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:14

Quote:

helensburghpar, Tue 05 Oct 19:10

That statement is beyond embarrassing. Bad enough with the covid and injury excuses but to have a pop at the fans beggars belief. So many fans are rightly disillusioned and I think that will be the final straw for quite a few

If fans approached players/management after QoS game then the club probably has a duty of care to its employees to make sure that that sort of behaviour stops. We’ve all seen notices on buses, in supermarkets, NHS waiting rooms etc. reminding people to behave properly towards staff.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:16

If the statement had said that Meggle had worked with lots of coaches, some good, some bad and, despite results, thought a lot of Grant's knowledge, experience and ability. For that reason, they'd give him a bit more time but recognised our fortunes need to change ASAP, then some would have accepted it.

If they also praised the fans for their support throughout the difficult times we've had this year and last and asked to keep any criticism respectful, that would have done.

Some would still have lost their ****, but the reaction would have been more understanding.

One thing is for sure, they needs wins now, and plenty of them before our next defeat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:20

The board had a tricky job to do today and failed miserably.

At the very least they should have attempted to "unite" the club to pull in the same direction.

What they have done is disenfranchised so many fans which will ultimately put even more pressure on the team.

Unless this is addressed, reversed and turned around this could spell disaster for the Pars.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:30

Agree with that Dunfydave. By adding to Meggles part of the statement. The Chairman has now also created a situation where the players and manager will be put under a significantly harsher strain as i am pretty sure this will gain a fair amount of publicity and talking point on the radio.
Negative for the club and negative for fans - increased pressure for team and management.

Feeling more angry the more I think about it tbh

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:31

`We’ve all seen notices on buses, in supermarkets, NHS waiting rooms etc. reminding people to behave properly towards staff.`

But none of these workers gets cheered or their names chanted when they do their job well. If you`re a professional footballer or manager you`re in a different kind of game.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:33

The 2 week break would've been a perfect time to start fresh, the board could apologise for the mistake in headhunting such a poor calibre of manager rather than opting to review the more suitable candidates that had applied. They would've gained my respect if they admitted to misjudging their hire and would look to rectify their decision making process in the future.

But to then have a go at the fans in the last paragraph is just a total PR disaster, even if they think that, to come out and say it when so many angered fans are overpaying for a poor product that is the 2nd tier of Scottish football is unbelievable.

By all means put out a statement backing Peter Grant (Has this ever ended in a manager leaving the club in a positive light?) but some of the reasons for us being at the foot of the table are well.... Laughable

All teams have dealt with covid and injuries, its not like we've been utterly robbed in any of the league matches, performances and tactics have been atrocious. Most of our new signings have had little to no impact and we've actually gone backwards in terms of squad quality since last year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:33

"I was surprised by this, but we had 4 unbeaten at the end of the abandoned 2019/20 season and 11 at the start of the 2020/21 season. Throw in 3 friendlies and you get to 18. Twelve wins, I think"

wasnt including friendlies, had 18 in my head for some reason but 15 yep, 10 wins 5 draws.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:36

Aye but Sammer, I agree they are but there is a limit there has to be. If your doing your work but it`s no good enough you don`t expect 20+ people walking towards you aggressively and shouting abuse. That`s threatening behaviour which isn`t and shouldn`t be accepted in any job regardless how public a role you have.

When it comes a time to fear for your safety then it changes the goalposts and employers must be seen to act to protect you. How it was added to today`s statement is nieve to say the very least.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:43

The paragraph about Q of the S and the disallowed `goal` was embarrassing.

Re the last paragraph: was the behaviour of a handful of fans last Saturday unacceptable?, have the board been subject to an unacceptable level of abuse? I don`t know the answer to these questions but I doubt if he would say them if they weren`t true. With the time RMcA has been watching football you would think he would know how sensitive fans can be e.g. dishing out vitriol to a player and if he swears back or gives them a V-sign they`re rushing to the nearest steward. How then did he think it appropriate to include this in a statement which was designed to get fans to accept a decision which he must have known was really unpopular. He has made Grant`s job even tougher now as if it wasn`t hard enough already.

I think he should be thinking either of eating a bit of humble pie about how the last paragraph came across and putting out a more conciliatory statement to `clarify` how he wants fans to give it a bit longer (and I know that may well go down like a ton of bricks) or maybe he should be thinking about his position and deciding if he really wants to continue. The last paragraph did read like he is feeling under a lot of pressure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:54

Absolutely disgusted with that statement.

After all the fans have done, the amount of times they dug deep, bought tickets when we haven’t been worth watching, bought merch out the shop, the lifeline payments….. what a slap in the face.

Horrific to read. I honestly couldn’t believe it.

I’ve held off posting on here about the management situation but I am deeply concerned that we will be relegated. I was this morning but now even more so. I have absolutely no faith in the board now. None. Even if they ditch Grant, I don’t trust them to get the right man (in my opinion Dick Campbell) in. They will probably give it to Greg Shields.

There are huge issues at east end that go far beyond Peter Grant. His appointment and the situation surrounding it is a symptom of a far bigger problem.

Ive never felt so disconnected to the club I’ve loved since I was 5. It’s a painfully sad day. It feels like a bereavement. That statement was a huge F*ck You to anyone who is feeling frustrated about a man who should never been appointed running our club into the ground, wasting the cash WE gave them to build a decent side.

No more money until grant is gone AND an apology to the fans has been issued. No lifeline, no pars picks, no tickets, streams, merchandise, pies, bovrils, sponsorship, nothing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:56

Quote:

sammer, Tue 5 Oct 20:31

`We’ve all seen notices on buses, in supermarkets, NHS waiting rooms etc. reminding people to behave properly towards staff.`

But none of these workers gets cheered or their names chanted when they do their job well. If you`re a professional footballer or manager you`re in a different kind of game.

Agree. And there are signs all over these places that say that abuse of staff will not be tolerated. But there's a thread on here where our chairman who's worked for the club for nothing for years is getting absolutely slaughtered. It's nothing short of disgusting and I'm very surprised the thread's been allowed to stand.
Ask yourself this - how do you think the bloke is feeling while all this is going on?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:00

Or maybe folk are pissed off that the board would rather keep on releasing statements having a go at fans instead of admitting their own mistakes? Today’s statement was an utter shambles and I dread to think what next Saturday will bring it will be absolutely toxic for anyone who’s actually going to turn up and watch that *****

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:00

The key part of the statement;
Covid, interruptions, bad luck with injuries outwith the managers control.....sense of perspective....positive encouragement...someone to blame...new potential sponsors...working hard to turn it around.

I would add the reputation of the club. You can win and lose games, but you can only lose your reputation.

Hopefully things will indeed improve quickly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:01

Maybe the board are purposely antagonising fans to absorb some of the flack away from PG, the coaches and the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:02

I don’t think RM wrote any of that statement. It’s badly worded and his statements in the past haven’t been anything like that.
Just my opinion.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:06

I honestly think the pars have hired Gerald Ratner`s PR guru from 1991 speach.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:08

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:08

It`s badly written, and comes across as the words of a board under siege and really feeling the pressure. A genuinely sad and concerning read, for a number of reasons.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:10

Quote:

buffy, Tue 5 Oct 21:02

I don’t think RM wrote any of that statement. It’s badly worded and his statements in the past haven’t been anything like that.
Just my opinion.

It reminded me of this:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Statement_from_the_Chairman&ID=10988
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:10

a comparison...

December 2018, a month before Johnston got punted

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:14

`But there`s a thread on here where our chairman who`s worked for the club for nothing for years is getting absolutely slaughtered. It`s nothing short of disgusting and I`m very surprised the thread`s been allowed to stand.
Ask yourself this - how do you think the bloke is feeling while all this is going on?`

It was the chairman`s decision to take the job under the conditions he did. It was not like jury duty where he was summoned to appear. Criticism of him has been harsh, sometimes abusive, but based on recent developments. I dislike abusive remarks and think they say more about the sender than the target. However free speech is free speech and when passions run high that will happen.

The reaction of the supporters as reported at Dumfries obviously constituted abuse but was a genuine reaction to what had unfolded before their eyes. Singing The Happy Wanderer was not an option. Where that abuse became threatening behaviour I would be happy to see supporters dealt with by the police, not stewards.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:15

I think the number of infrequent posters(like me who tend to lurk and read) that have taken the time to write on here shows how badly today's statement has landed. Seems a massive own goal at a time when we're trying to lure people back post lockdown. As others have mentioned when you start to fill your time with other things, it takes something special to lure you back. That something special used to be the unquestionable love of the team, the club, that lead you to following home and away for years, putting disposable income via seaon tickets, lifelines, 50/50,programmes, PST, almost having a direct debit through Legend's tills for a few years (or so it seemed), buying streams,...... I still love the club but circumstances and lack of product on the pitch has meant I've not been to a home game yet this season, almost unheard of previously. Last week i couldn't be arsed to watch the stream. I really didn't like the appointment of Grant but was prepared to be proved wrong.. I'm waiting. No need for a dig at fans, call out threatening or aggressive behaviour but don't tar all. I won't stop my lifeline and my season ticket is paid but i hope something happens to reignite the want to go to a game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:16

Topic Originator: EEP like | nolike
Date: Tue 5 Oct 21:08

German investors come in and it’s an exciting time for our club.
Due to covid no news but keeping in contact
Stevie C resigns as manager
Germans take majority off club with promise of training academy etc
We employ the worst manager in the league and he states promotion with the old backroom staff from SC reign
We sign a lot of useless duds and loans to gel into a 3-5-2 system that the manager plays only to find it doesn’t work against teams in the championship.
The German masterclass investors bring out a statement backing the manager and then slates the fans….. I’ll say right now this club is in free fall and getting used for other interests on a non footballing side to make money.
We will see!

Absolutely agree with this summary. Fear the same conclusion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:20

I`m surprised by the statement. It`s poorly presented and I thought PG was a dead man walking after Saturday.

There`s the usual over-reaction on here to the criticism of the fans though. It refers to `a handful` of fans and, as somebody else suggested, it`s probably incumbent upon the board to discourage that sort of behaviour. In fact, there may be an SPFL rule requiring them to.

The board have been subjected to all sorts of accusations on here, some on the flimsiest of evidence if any at all, and some of them verging on the libellous but that`s OK apparently. Some fans really are snowflakes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:21

‘I’ll say right now this club is in free fall and getting used for other interests on a non footballing side to make money.’

That’s my concern as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:24

How many statements has Ross written over the years and not put his name to?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:26

Quote:

GJS93, Tue 05 Oct 21:10

a comparison...

December 2018, a month before Johnston got punted

I’d forgotten about that one GJS. It’s still written better than today’s one though. Don’t suppose it really matters - it’s out there now. For the whole bloomin world to see.

Blaming everything except the manager. It’s dire.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:27

I personally think some iof the abuse the chairman has taken is a bit much..way too much.

Car crash statement for sure...but I think sometimes we forget it's people we're talking about...I include me in that.

It's all going a bit mental,the right pause is as loud as a misplaced shout..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:29

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 05 Oct 21:20

I`m surprised by the statement. It`s poorly presented and I thought PG was a dead man walking after Saturday.

There`s the usual over-reaction on here to the criticism of the fans though. It refers to `a handful` of fans and, as somebody else suggested, it`s probably incumbent upon the board to discourage that sort of behaviour. In fact, there may be an SPFL rule requiring them to.

The board have been subjected to all sorts of accusations on here, some on the flimsiest of evidence if any at all, and some of them verging on the libellous but that`s OK apparently. Some fans really are snowflakes.

I agree in some ways. The criticism was of a 'handful', clearly referring to the small group who were being aggressive and trying to break through the stewards to get to Grant. I didn't read it as an attack against the fan base who are unhappy, being critical, booing, etc. Statement was poor in some ways, and yes Grant needs to go, but I'd call many posts an overreaction for sure
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:33

It`s all going a bit mental due to a stupid statement made by a chairman .maybe he should have had a right pause before a loud shout

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:36

It's definitely an overreaction.

The problem is publishing that and not foreseeing a massive overreaction. It's a worrying lack of awareness.

Still think if Ross wrote it he would have owned it like he has done previously.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 21:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:36

Disappointed PG has survived to say the least. I was all up for giving him a chance, Alloa did play some good stuff at times and he has a bit of attitude about him which I think our team have lacked over the years (I thought he could maybe do for us what Lennon done for Hibs). I also thought his old firm/down south/Scotland role would give him a good network and benefit us in the loan department, but that hasn’t been the case. The start to the league has been shocking to say the least with some really bizarre decisions made by PG. I hope for his sake though he’s doing already, I wasn’t happy with SC by the end of his reign but his mental health reasons for leaving brought some perspective to it all for me.

In terms of the statement it’s good to hear what they’re talking about and working on, you don’t get that enough in football so fair play to Meggle for that, but he’s then shot himself in the foot talking about bad luck with injuries and Covid - all teams in the league have these, so that’s no excuse! And to say if we took our chances we’d maybe have ‘won one game or 2’… sorry but since when was winning 2 out of 8 games a good start for a team going for the league title?!

Commenting on fan behaviour is laughable too, considering our new owners own St Pauli. I had the pleasure of going on a stag doo to Hamburg once and we literally stayed in a hotel a stone throw away from St Pauli’s ground - talk about a rough area!!! We ended up in a couple of rough local establishments shall we say and spoke to some ‘locals’ who were obviously St Pauli ultras, showing us their scars and telling us stories of hitting people’s legs with baseball bats! There’s a hard core element out there so the fact they’re getting upset back here about a dozen drunk blokes going chicken oriental at full time last Saturday is laughable. Surely they’d know the statement backing PG would have peed folk off enough and should have stayed well clear of any fan criticism?!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:52

Quote:

forever black and white, Tue 5 Oct 21:33

It`s all going a bit mental due to a stupid statement made by a chairman .maybe he should have had a right pause before a loud shout

Before the statement was made today there were 8 pages of posts on the Ross McArthur thread, many of which would come under the "mental" heading.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 21:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:01

Quote:

forever black and white, Tue 5 Oct 21:33

Now, apply that to the rest of my post, not only is it courtesy, it's the right thing to do, it's a person we're talking about.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 22:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:08

Put it this way, it’s fair shifted the heat from the manager and the playing team eh….? 😶

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:15

2 things: 1.Was Stevie Crawford pushed out the door to get Grant in? 2. They have made an enemy of the travelling support. These are supporters who spent the best part of £100 to go to game, pay for transport, ticket to get in and get something to eat and drink. Plus most of these fans have season tickets and pay into the lifeline.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:22

Is today's statement the most viewed page ever on Dafc.Co.Uk

Over 30,000 views now!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:32

We should end the day on that positive. From a social media point of view, the club has obliterated all previous records.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:23

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 05 Oct 21:36

It's definitely an overreaction.

The problem is publishing that and not foreseeing a massive overreaction. It's a worrying lack of awareness.

Still think if Ross wrote it he would have owned it like he has done previously.

If Ross McArthur is not the prime mover on the statement, that absolutely compromises his position and makes it untenable to continue as chairman in my view.

He is the chairman, like it or not, the buck stops at him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:26

You might be right.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:44

I think Ross McArthur has done a descent job since taking his roll in our time of need. How many other people would give up their spare time to run a football club. Not many I suspect would have the time, knowledge and balls to enter the spotlight of being chairman of a football club. He has dragged us out of administration with the help of loyal supporters. Some who attend every home & away game and others who are distant but still manage to support the club by buying streams & contribute through the lifeline. In a way he’s a Pars legend along with many others. I think Ross now really needs some good advice from the people around him. With the German investors coming in a think a lot of us thought this would take us to the next level. It still might! But just now things are definitely broken & we need to rebuild with minimum damage.
In my eyes we should of given Stevie another season to see what he could of done. Instead we seen to have given the managerial job to a best pal, who we look up to. Sadly this hasn’t workout out and now we need to rectify the situation. Going forward and to help get results the players need our support, some will be up for this and some will of had enough. But at the end of day we’re struck with the player we have & the manager for now. I never want to see us get beat but just now I can never see us winning. Let’s hope something changes next game & we all get a break & a happy Saturday night after a Pars victory. Grants time is up and he will be replaced. It’s just a matter of time but let’s hope we’re not adrift at the bottom by the time he goes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:03

The statement was just an adult version of the dog ate my homework.

As I understand it the statement has the backing of the majority shareholding and but not necessarily all of the board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:04

Stevie would have had another season. It was his decision to quit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:09

On a brighter note today can't be any worse than yesterday!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:10

Wee eck, he probably left due to the pressure he received online. We can’t afford to lose others who stood by in our hardest times.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:26

Stevie wasn’t the man to get us promoted either, he’s just not as bad as grant.

We had a real opportunity to appoint a decent manager and let him sign his own players and build a decent side and the board completely ballsed it up. Had they appointed Dick Campbell we could be having a great time right now. How they chose Peter Grant over him I have no idea. I honestly can’t comprehend why they picked Grant. I’d love to see the full list of applicants as I’m sure I’d have picked at least 10 of them before Grant.

This does raise another worrying question though, when Grant eventually does go, who will they pick next? I have no confidence in the board to make an appointment that will take us to the premier in the next 2-3 seasons.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:32

"psychological rigidity" time for change. Keep it simple and time for the BoD to man up.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:39

Could you please keep the word “mental” (in the description of posters) out of your posts; it’s not needed.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bovril Man  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 02:23

Fair to say I don’t think our German friend would dare to take the same tone in this statement with St Pauli supporters?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 04:38

Not since Ian Munro have we seen a manager with such universal opposition from our fans from day one.

And here we are, four-and-a-half months later, with everyone bar a tiny group of supporters baying for blood and wanting the manager out the door.

I would bet that even within that tiny group, the vast majority are not showing support for Peter Grant, but for the principle that managers should be given a decent amount of time to turn things around.

There is little sympathy for a boastful underachieving blether who shows not an ounce of remorse for having undone several years of slow but discernable progress at East End Park. It will take some time to undo the mess that he has created in a few short months.

The board statement is enormously disappointing. It just adds to our growing sense of foreboding about where the Pars are going.

The board needs to clearly understand that there is just no way back in the fans` eyes for Peter Grant. He is gone as far as we are concerned.

I don`t wish this to sound racist. But the Germans need to understand that this is a cultural thing. We Scots are, by nature, stubborn and set in our ways. It is a fact of life that once we dislike someone, it is well nigh impossible to have our minds changed.

Meggle & Co. need to grasp that reality and take action ASAP.

To use a German analogy. Right now, Meggle and Co. are mimicking the greedy Bergers of Hamelin by adopting the cheapest option while pied piper Peter merrily leads our pissed-off fans down the Halbeath Road to the M90, never to be seen again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 05:16

I’m on holiday so just catching up.

It’s hard to come up with anything that’s not already been said, suffice to say it’s a very poor statement for a number of reasons and their implications could and probably will, have serious consequences ?

I fear things will get worse, both on and off the park.
As Bouncer has alluded to, not everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

I’ve taken a look at the next four fixtures and you probably couldn’t hand pick a harder run ?

The optimist in me says, what a shot in the arm if we could pick up around eight points from that lot, but the reality is, it’s more likely to be four defeats?

We would then would find ourselves, without a manager, cut adrift at the foot of the table and crowds as low as there have been for decades.

How do you come back from that?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Wed 06 Oct 05:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 07:23

Good post OzPar. I was also seeing similarities between this situation and the Leishman Munro debacle. The board have totally misread public opinion on this one and I worry about how bad and irretrievable things will get as a result.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 07:41

The only similarity between this and the Iain Munro situation is that he, like Grant, was very unpopular.

Munro inexplicably replaced a popular and successful figure in Jim Leishman who was still in the post.

Grant replaced Crawford, who resigned after being hounded out by the fans.

And nobody kid themselves that Crawford wasn`t hounded out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 08:54

Old Inn bus not running any more, Facebook with over 500 comments and none supporting the statement. Fans saying they won`t be back and cancelling lifeline. Don`t think fans have been so angry since leishman was replaced by Munro. That statement has really hacked a large number of fans off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:52

I`ve followed the Pars since the 1970 Anderlecht Fairs Cup game and without doubt, this is the WORST ever start to a season IMO. The statement from the BOD smacks of disillusionment.

There will be many Pars supporters who will vote with their feet by simply not be turning up for the next game.

A lot will simply not turn up for future games if this debacle continues.

The last part of the statement ridiculing the fans aiming concerns at the end of the QOS game is laudable. These fans paid good money and effort to travel away to Dumfries to be only embarrassed by the performance. Football is an entertainment game and if not being entertained, quite right to voice their opinion. If a comedian went on stage and made a right erse of him/herself, he/she would get booed off the stage, footballs no different.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:56

Quote:

helensburghpar, Wed 06 Oct 08:54

Old Inn bus not running any more, Facebook with over 500 comments and none supporting the statement. Fans saying they won`t be back and cancelling lifeline. Don`t think fans have been so angry since leishman was replaced by Munro. That statement has really hacked a large number of fans off.

Have a look at pie and Bovril. Fans of umpteen other clubs all in agreement that the board have had an absolute shocker here. You know it’s bad when 99.9% of pars fans agree.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 10:16

Celtic and Rangers’ sponsorship revenue would suggest that results on the park will have a much bigger influence on potential sponsors than the actions of a handful of fans. Trying to deflect from performances/results by blaming fans is pathetic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 12:05

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Wed 06 Oct 09:56

Quote:

helensburghpar, Wed 06 Oct 08:54

Have a look at pie and Bovril. Fans of umpteen other clubs all in agreement that the board have had an absolute shocker here. You know it’s bad when 99.9% of pars fans agree.

Aye and the other 1% who don’t agree can usually be found on here 😂😂🤣

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 14:43

Quote:

YankeeDollar, Wed 06 Oct 09:52

I`ve followed the Pars since the 1970 Anderlecht Fairs Cup game and without doubt, this is the WORST ever start to a season IMO. The statement from the BOD smacks of disillusionment.

There will be many Pars supporters who will vote with their feet by simply not be turning up for the next game.

A lot will simply not turn up for future games if this debacle continues.

The last part of the statement ridiculing the fans aiming concerns at the end of the QOS game is laudable. These fans paid good money and effort to travel away to Dumfries to be only embarrassed by the performance. Football is an entertainment game and if not being entertained, quite right to voice their opinion. If a comedian went on stage and made a right erse of him/herself, he/she would get booed off the stage, footballs no different.

Looks like “laudable” was not your intention ?

The dreaded spell checker ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 15:05

Spell checker must be a happy clapper!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:38

Statement is too long & wooly & too much of it is attributed to TM, it was a “statement from the Board” not from TM or it should have been badged that way

I don’t have an answer on how to improve but I also don’t have the lowdown on what’s going on behind the scenes that finds us in our current position….. but the BoD will have.

I love our club whether top or bottom of the championship & will love it no less if we are in league one next year……. I will however be very disappointed that after 8 years huffing & puffing & the money spent, that we are back where we started in 2013!!
I also very much approve of our BoD but to err is human (I need to exclude our newest board members as they have no track record with DAFC….. as yet)

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 15:00

Like Drum Road I too would find it difficult to swallow ending up in the same place we started, would be hideous to get to this point, new investment, team, hope....just to see it ruined by not only a lack of progress...but a period of regression.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 16:14

Players need to perform to stay in a team or they get dropped and moved on eventually.

Managers need to win games and hit targets that a BOD have set them (well some do).

Who sets the BOD targets and what happens if they don`t meet them in football.

What we`re there targets for themselves that gives them the right to stay on as the BOD .

Is the BOD in football untouchable?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 16:51

I do not think in the 70 years I have been a Pars Fan, that I have ever been quite as low as I feel today. What has happened to us? There are a good few people who need to have a look at themselves, as I am reading various sites, there is most definitely something very toxic and poisonous about our club at present. I make no apologies for this post. I am so upset about what is going on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 16:53

Quote:

forever black and white, Thu 7 Oct 16:14

Players need to perform to stay in a team or they get dropped and moved on eventually.

Managers need to win games and hit targets that a BOD have set them (well some do).

Who sets the BOD targets and what happens if they don`t meet them in football.

What we`re there targets for themselves that gives them the right to stay on as the BOD .

Is the BOD in football untouchable?

The BoD will almost certainly set themselves aspirational targets. Ours have made no secret that they want to see the Pars promoted to the Premiership and consolidate their place there. So far they have been frustrated in their ambition, for a variety of reasons, chief among them financial restrictions which have meant we have not been competitive enough in this league. (Of course there are others, such as choice of managers and quality of players.)

In relation to your last question, I don't believe any of the BoD think they are untouchable. They were arguably in a fortunate position in 2013, in that they were able to put more money than the average fan could afford, or was prepared to put into the club. This allowed them to become directors - unpaid at their own wish. I believe it should be possible for any of us to make a similar commitment, but I'm not 100% certain. I can't imagine there are many folk who have both the finances and free time, who would be willing to make such an undertaking.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Oct 16:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 18:15

I left the game at the final whistle at Dumfries so I did not see what happened afterwards.

I think there is a difference between expressing you views, banter at the game and abuse.

It was a poor performance for sure and there was rightly a level of frustration, particularly given we lost a late goal. It ain't cheap to travel down there and back and pay the gate entry.

The efforts of everyone should be how best to unite to turn it around. It seems PG isnt going anywhere soon. A BoD decision.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 18:23

Financial restrictions 😂😂, we still using this excuse? Apart from Kilmarnock, who’s going to have a bigger budget than us? Only way finances have let us down is cause the BOD have wasted thousands on having to pay AJ off, and a pay off will be coming Grants way in the not too distant future. Not many clubs in this league with our fan base with a big investment that’s just come in also with the lifeline payments too. Sick to death of hearing we have no money etc, it’s more like a lack of ambition and poor decision making

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 18:33

I wonder what the board would have said if they had been at the Stenhousemuir game in 1984. To be fair it wasn't our players that we were angry with. It was the referee Louis T Thow.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:10

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 7 Oct 18:23

Financial restrictions 😂😂, we still using this excuse? Apart from Kilmarnock, who’s going to have a bigger budget than us? Only way finances have let us down is cause the BOD have wasted thousands on having to pay AJ off, and a pay off will be coming Grants way in the not too distant future. Not many clubs in this league with our fan base with a big investment that’s just come in also with the lifeline payments too. Sick to death of hearing we have no money etc, it’s more like a lack of ambition and poor decision making

I was referring to previous seasons if you'd read my post more carefully, 97. We were definitely at a disadvantage given we could not get any credit facilities and were competing for promotion against the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd and The Rangers - all clubs with greater financial muscle than us, but you conveniently ignored that.....

No excuse for this season, we should be in the promotion mix with Killie, Partick and ICT, imo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:28

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 7 Oct 19:10

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 7 Oct 18:23

I was referring to previous seasons if you'd read my post more carefully, 97. We were definitely at a disadvantage given we could not get any credit facilities and were competing for promotion against the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd and The Rangers - all clubs with greater financial muscle than us, but you conveniently ignored that.....

No excuse for this season, we should be in the promotion mix with Killie, Partick and ICT, imo.

Aye, Dundee and Dundee United have more resources than us anyway, however they were being run at a massive loss aswell.

This season was the first one where realistically, I thought we should be challenging for the title. Even then Killie would have more money but with a settled squad I thought we'd have a chance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 21:22

Given what is being reported, I am happy to retract previous criticism of the last paragraph of this statement. I called that wrong, as I genuinely had no idea that there was any abuse/attacks on directors.

Completely unacceptable behaviour and directors are quite right to feel the need to put that at the end of Meggle’s quotes/explanation of his perspective.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 22:52

Quote:

par-91, Thu 7 Oct 21:22

Given what is being reported, I am happy to retract previous criticism of the last paragraph of this statement. I called that wrong, as I genuinely had no idea that there was any abuse/attacks on directors.

Completely unacceptable behaviour and directors are quite right to feel the need to put that at the end of Meggle’s quotes/explanation of his perspective.

It's still very clumsy. If it was referring to other incidents it should have made that very clear they were they the actions of individuals and what those actions were.

Don't publish things like that when it is still raw as they would quite rightly be very upset and angry.

Like some of the advice here, take a step back from the keyboard and think about what you want to achieve before publishing to the entire supporter base.

It goes without saying that hopefully the person will be caught and appropriately dealt with by the authorities.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 23:02

One thing we can all agree on is that PG is definitely not the man to take this club forward. Every game he’s left in charge is another game we will drop points and be cut further adrift at the foot of the table. Changes are required ASAP to avoid relegation

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net