DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Is there a way forward?
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:30

I can not remember seeing such an angry reaction to a statement, this is no longer about Peter Grant IMO but a much larger problem...

I honestly do not see Ross continuing as chairman now, I did think he would have stepped down by now when I had heard that he "asked" the German investors to bring forward the takeover.

The statement is a lazy and tired statement IMO, a few wins over the next few weeks does not solve this much wider problem IMO. There is a huge rift between the fans and the board now.

Is it now time for Ross (and the board?) to step down?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Is there a way forward?
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:44

Who is going to take their place ? and meet the demands that .net want ? who in their right mind would work for free and also put money into the pot ?
I do understand the anger and frustration from all but changing the Chairman and the board will only do more damage !
We should not be making assumptions on things that go on behind the scenes when we are not privvy to them , this only adds to more rumours and keeps the rift going
I am not happy at the current situation but still think we will come good !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:45

Quote:

wulliepar57, Tue 5 Oct 16:44

Who is going to take their place ? and meet the demands that .net want ? who in their right mind would work for free and also put money into the pot ?
I do understand the anger and frustration from all but changing the Chairman and the board will only do more damage !
We should not be making assumptions on things that go on behind the scenes when we are not privvy to them , this only adds to more rumours and keeps the rift going
I am not happy at the current situation but still think we will come good !

The club's owners take their place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:47

Funny how every other full time team in this league have board members that are paid to do the job and aren`t at the brink of going under like some claim we would be. Saying that ours work for free and look at the mess it’s in 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:48

Who would take over? Eh the people who have just bought the controlling stake?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:51

Elvis Lives I actually thought that Ross would have stepped down when they bought the rest of the shares after an initial bedding in period , its not happened yet so maybe the new Owners are wanting more time to get the feel of things more ? who Knows ??
But as I said everything is just assumptions because there is no clarity these days from the BOD, we are kept in the dark , what happened to the meetings we had now and again ? plus I never thought we would be bottom of the league

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 16:53

It was the owners that hired and refused to fire Grant, let's get an actual pars fan away from the club.
REALLY?

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:22

What if RM steps down, will he be able to go to EastEnd next week.

Or will he gets pelters from the fans?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:31

Maybe our German investors don't fancy paying Grant for the next 20 months and then having to pay the new manager.
Even more cash required if we are to clear house ,Sheilds and Whittaker to go and get paid off .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:22

I think this is part of the problem. I'm seeing plenty suggesting sacking the board and PG but I'm not seeing any solutions here.

Who replaces McArthur, Braisby, Meggle etc? Have we got a secret group of wealthy Pars fans waiting in the wings to step in? Load of fans with good business knowledge and contacts?

I'm sure the answer is yes to some of that, but where are they? Can they come forward? Are they willing to take this on?

Who replaces PG? So far I've seen the same old names repeated (Campbell, Hughes, Levein, Robertson, Petrie etc.) followed by fans jumping in to say each one would be awful. The only one any seems to agree on is John Robertson and it's already accepted he wouldn't take the job.

Playing devil's advocate here but perhaps PG is the answer to an issue that has been festering for a few years now? You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:33

There is always a way forward. At this stage the way forward is to get behind the team and cheer them on one way or the other.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 20:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:35

Quote:

EEP, Tue 5 Oct 20:31

Investors bring in other investors…. Could be Scottish based who will in turn look after the company they invested in…staff etc. I can guarantee anyone if the board walked tomm there would be folk in place to takeover… all investors have a back up incase these situations happen as they have more control.

This is great to hear. Why don't these investors oust the current ones?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:40

ref: jake89
Tue 5 Oct 20:22

`You can`t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs`

You can so!

Vegan omelette.

But can you make a silk purse out of a keech?

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 20:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:43

No, no, no. I'm not having it. Vegans can get to Falkirk if they even try and suggest an egg free omelette.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:45

You got copyright on omelettes?

Would you say the Pars situation is more akin tae an omelette or a keech?

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 20:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:56

Truth is ye can make an omelette without breaking eggs but I never knew anyone to even try makin` an omelette oot o`keech.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 20:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:43

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be a way forward here.

My question would be if PG is really the issue here. Is there a general issue in the club where people have perhaps been too nice and unwilling to give some home truths? If this is what has upset the squad/confidence then that won't change with a new manager.

This is just a thought rather than being based on any evidence. It just seems odd how SC left. Did he leave because he felt the challenge of turning attitudes around was too much?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 10:28

If the reaction on here and on social media generally is representative of the fanbase there is now a huge disconnect between the board and the fans. Surely something needs to be done between now and the next home match against Killie to try and heal this breach?

Would it be possible to have a meeting, either physical or online, at which fans could voice their concerns and ask the sort of questions that are being raised on here? If that isn`t possible couldn`t there be some interaction with Drew Main, the director who is also the Supporters` Liaison Officer, to act as a formal mediator between the fans and the board? I`m sure Drew posts on this forum so he will be well aware of the strength of feeling there is about all this. I don`t think it is wise to let things fester for the next 10 days ending with some sort of demonstration a week on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 10:33

Drew Main posted recently on twitter that about supporter Council meetings.
"Group that arranges these met week before last to discuss logistics - venue, date, invitees, format etc. Now trying to bring that together."
Click here
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 10:49

Sounds promising.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 11:10

Great news Grant

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 12:07

A small glimmer of hope, if a section of the fans can get together with the BOD/investors at least both sides of the argument can be discussed, hopefully in a rational manner.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 12:17

The next thing will be what fans will form the group that goes into meeting, The group cannot be totally made up of people that are gonna fly off the handle when they hear something they don't like.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 12:35

Or we could ask Muppet Par and Kessel to lead the delegation and then sell tickets for the livestream?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:03

There is always a way forward, a lot of it is down to who is prepared to listen , nobody on the board was prepared to listen when we "the Pars fans" were up in arms about the Appointment of Grant and the way it was done ( no interviews etc} the promises of a title challenge have fallen flat and the signings Grant has made are uninspiring to say the least,Yet the boards attitude is to tick of the Fans who get behind their team home and away every week. Perhaps whoever wrote this statement needs to reread it and eat humble pie .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:16

They`ve united the fan base anyway. They do need to do something quickly to re-attain any goodwill that fan base has towards the board/owners.

If they can manage that, they might even succeed in getting Grant another couple of games to turn it around.

They need to do something after yesterday though, which can be done easily. Nobody is looking for them to condone personal abuse - merely acknowledge it`s been our club for decades, we`ve had a very hard time of it over the last decade and sometimes passions can run a bit wild in the aftermath of yet another defeat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:21

Agreed Par/adonis , but silence from the board on this statement matter on the run up to what is a very important game against Killie, is going to fan the flames i,m afraid

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:29

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Wed 06 Oct 12:17

The next thing will be what fans will form the group that goes into meeting, The group cannot be totally made up of people that are gonna fly off the handle when they hear something they don't like.

Is it true the board are willing to listen to a delegation. Then in response there has to be a round table fan discussion about the objectives, concession points, points of no return, defined timeline for deliverables.
The discussion must be tested within the fan group or the board will quickly dissect the open discussion from this forum.
Example
Board: what do you want
Fans: to get rid of Grant
Board: not going to happen
Fans: ….
The objections must be tested to find the correct approach as fan meeting that goes from the heart never ends well.
I would be delighted if this were correct but I think some on the forum, including myself, will be disappointed as I doubt the board will move on key points.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:41

Any way forward begins with a climb down from yesterday’s horrific statement.

The club has became toxic, fans have been completely disrespected. The quicker the work goes in to winning them back around, the better. I don’t even know what that looks like at this point in time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:44

Totally agree gordi - yesterday`s statement was a cluster****.

The board are perfectly entitled to defend their manager, keep him in a job and explain why. I think that`s respected by most of us, even if we disagree. The issue is attacking the fans in the manner they did. That`s just unbelievably stupid and counter-productive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:46

Yes ......... There is.

Win some football games and all this disappears.

You cant talk or negotiate your way out.

Winning games is the only way out...........................

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 13:55

I would love a detailed explanation to what they see in Grant. The first few games of the season he persisted with a tactic that didn’t work with personal that didn’t suit the tactic. The inclusion of mehmet and graham was infuriating to say the least and he was far far to slow in taking them out. We now find our team in a position where the club is bottom with 0 wins very little goals and confidence must be completely gone.

I think the biggest tell tale of how the season is going is that the man he made captain and arguably our best player last season sits on the bench week after week. I know some will say Thomas hasn’t been good enough but has any of our players ? Top that with Thomas being playing in centre midfield from time to time then something feels completely off.

Now that statement. Awful just awful.. my reaction to it was first disbelief then the very realistic fear we are going to go down. This I don’t blame grant for and my anger now lies with the board. It’s nothing personal but the decisions being made right now can’t be ignored anymore.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 14:31

The board did explain what they saw in PG.

PG has also explained why Thomas was dropped.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 14:45

The way forward as far as I see it is that grant gets another few games and then he is sacked. The run of games coming up looks ominous.

The team and in particular his signings are clearly not good enough and this won’t change until January when the new man will have tried with what is at the club but the wheeling and dealing will start. You need to be competitive in the middle of the park in this league and we are not. We have no offensive weapons either that can do any damage, Thomas has been alienated, dow is like a man down and the most Kennedy has contributed for weeks now is that ridiculous dive at raith.

I worry the new man will not be given the resources to bring any players in unless he gets some out, who is going to take the likes of dorrans, Cole, leon Jones etc from us to get new players in? Does cancelling some of the loans free up any cash?

To get this team competitive requires more than just a new manager, grant has saddled us with too many flops.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 14:46

I`m afraid that this looks like it`s doomed to failure.

We have a BOD who still think PG is the right man to take us forward. Obviously a large percentage of the supporters disagree. Until he`s either sacked or wins more than a few games (which no-one can see happening) everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

Good luck with it all the same.

Post Edited (Wed 06 Oct 15:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 15:42

You know it's bad reading over this when you realise how many of the 'glass half full' types and ones who rarely criticise / are the voice of reason when everyone else loses their **** are even condemning this statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 10:00

Kilmarnock at home
Patrick Thistle away
Raith at home
Arbroath away
Morton at home (the ‘easier’ fixture)
Inverness away

That is some run in.

Kilmarnock - challenging for the title, down from SPL, you would go in as an underdog even if we were playing better so a loss may well be expected here, sneak a draw. Can’t sack PG after that game.

Thistle - battered us at home and can’t see us getting anything away to them this time around. Again after that statement can’t see PG being sacked after that.

Raith - they should’ve swept us aside the amount of clear cut opportunities they had was incredible, this is the one he’d HAVE to win.

Arbroath away - let’s say he wins the derby, odds are we get beat here and all optimism generated against Raith is gone…he’s back to square one.

Morton - win expected, wouldn’t be surprised with a draw.

Inverness - lose.

How many points does PG need out of that to keep his job:

Fans: 10-12?
Board: 8-10? They would see the improvement to warrant him staying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 10:11

The next 4 games I think we’ll be lucky to take 2 points out of 12 the way things are the now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 11:47

Player’s heads are down and after the toxic statement fans are up in arms doesn’t seem a good atmosphere to conjure up a win

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 11:54

"How many points does PG need out of that to keep his job:

Fans: 10-12?"

18, even with that it wouldnt be enough.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 11:56

There`s a story on FB (I know) and it mentions verbal abuse towards the board, their families & also a spitting incident. FFS is that what we`ve regressed to as a support? Absolutely ashamed to be tarred with this brush to be honest. Now I understand the tone of the statement a bit better. Absolute scum if true.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 7 Oct 11:56

There`s a story on FB (I know) and it mentions verbal abuse towards the board, their families & also a spitting incident. FFS is that what we`ve regressed to as a support? Absolutely ashamed to be tarred with this brush to be honest. Now I understand the tone of the statement a bit better. Absolute scum if true.

Surely they should have referenced that in the statement if true?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bobopar  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:02

Don’t think you can sack the board, I am sure they in their minds think the situation can be turned around and PG might by some miracle turn it all around very soon, unfortunately to the rest of us it looks like a total disaster. Under Stevie Crawford we were very streaky would lose a few then win 5 in a row then a few defeats again. Under this regime it seems we are on a streak but a bad losing one with no sight of a win on the horizon. I don’t particularly like Ross being personally attacked but I do think the statement was very poorly worded.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:22

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 7 Oct 11:56

Verbale abuse can be something as little as telling someone to gtf. There was a story earlier about Ross McArthur verbally abusing Derek Stillie. It isn't new in football.

The spitting incident is deplorable, however not worth tarring a whole fanbase over.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:44

True Grant, but just how i felt at the time when I read that post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:49

I think maybe for the time being we should all enjoy a pars free weekend, Enjoy the Scotland game.

The statement was made and folk are going round in circles talking about the same thing.

Folk need to calm down
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:53

Quote:

LEGEND85, Thu 07 Oct 13:49

I think maybe for the time being we should all enjoy a pars free weekend, Enjoy the Scotland game.

The statement was made and folk are going round in circles talking about the same thing.

Folk need to calm down

This is arguably why they released the statement when they did, to bank on the fans calming down come the Killie game.

If they had no intention to sack him, then why not put the statement out earlier, it’s been bad for a while.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:58

I’ll calm down a bit and return to EEP once they issue an apology for that horrific statement.

I’ll be zen when they replace Grant with what I judge is a decent manager.

I fear I’ll have a long wait ahead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 14:40

Quote:

Never10yairds, Thu 07 Oct 13:58

I’ll calm down a bit and return to EEP once they issue an apology for that horrific statement.

I fear I’ll have a long wait ahead.

Clearly not a huge Pars fan then. Only going back once you decide who is a decent manager…..this place amazes me sometimes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 14:48

"I’ll calm down a bit and return to EEP once they issue an apology for that horrific statement.

I fear I’ll have a long wait ahead."

Maybe time to look for a Kelty forum then? No point you hanging around here........

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 14:49

We all know it`s a lot harder to support a team when they`re going through a bad spell but if everyone abandoned them in that situation we`d never get out the bit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 14:59

I’ll never care enough about Kelty to post on their forum.

You`re right tho, no point in me hanging around here. Vocal, critical fans and our money are no longer required at Dunfermline. I’ll stay away until the board indicates we are welcome again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 15:17

Quote:

Never10yairds, Thu 7 Oct 14:59

Vocal, critical fans and our money are no longer required at Dunfermline. I’ll stay away until the board indicates we are welcome again.

TBH, I think you would find it hard to find anything in any Board statement that says that vocal, critical fans and their money are not welcome!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 15:18

Wee eck, I’ve endured all manner of crap football over the last 30 years. I can live with that. This disrespect from the board is very hard to take though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 15:25

Quote:

Never10yairds, Thu 7 Oct 15:18

Wee eck, I’ve endured all manner of crap football over the last 30 years. I can live with that. This disrespect from the board is very hard to take though.

Agree . If it were purely down to us being gash , many of us would have stopped going years ago .
This goes deeper .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 15:54

Exactly parsweep, this goes so much deeper. It’s unacceptable.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net